How about a game of Mornington Crescent?

How about a game of Mornington Crescent?

For hopefully obvious reasons today we'll be playing with the 1867 Sailsbury amendments, sans eratta; as a reminder, this will entail a two-turn penalty upon reaching Picadilly and Cockfosters as well as the post-errata locations.

I'll start: Camden Town.

Branfoster Square

Hounslow West

You must be thinking of the 1687 Indian amendments. That would be a masterstoke with them in play, but alas, their high skill requirements means they see so little use in casual play...

Whatever the case, you'll be forced in the Knid from Acton Town if you're not careful. As an impartial observer, might I recommend you attempt the Hammersmith Rush?

Hammersmith rush is dead meta, I've not seen anyone play that in like 6 months. It's all Richmond Straight or Westminster Bridge now.

I believe you'll find that Wuzzymumboshire is the meta these days, old boy.

British humour is weird.

Hounslow West has already been played:
>Not playing Dagenham Heathway
>Not wanting to put the subsequent two players in Nidd, or subsequent three players if we're using Tudor Court rules
>Knowing anything at all about the meta

Pick all of them except the last one.

I activate berserking.

Yeah, but it gives a +2 bonus so everyone uses it.

Thread already gone to shit because of waacfaggotry.

Earls Court and I'm declaring Armistice.

You can only declare armistice with consent of the Queen, who is currently at Picadilly

If the 1867 Salisbury amendments are in play do we then have to consider the 1901 Asquith parlence?

Trempe road.

Yes, but with one revokation: Article 78, Line 23, Word 10: "If" is no longer in effect

The Queen takes cream tea when any of the riverfront moves are played. Hounslow West counts as a riverfront in the '76 Sailsbury because of the canals.

Summer cant end soon enough.

You know as well as I do that the 1901 Asquith Parlence was one the worst changes to the game.

That and the acceptance of the Sunrise Mildew Tactic from '27

Denolde road

Well shit.

I purchase a military commission and take the royal first regiment south to colonize the horn of Africa.

The rubber production will allow my chartered company, Motorized Rollingham, to corner the vehicle market and ensure that I am the first to arrive Mornington!

Take note gentlemen, you are watching a genius at work.

Hah, you'll be stuck with a congestion charge and traffic wardens, that's a fool's gambit

Elephant and Castle to kick off a Hinkley Pass

I min-maxed my character sheet. I took the maximum number of cavities in each tooth in order to increase the number of political connections I started with.

The only downside is that I need to soak my biscuits in tea before I can eat them.

Acton Town. Consider your Hinkley Pass blocked, because I just completed an Embankment Gambit.

I believe I collect my Members of Parliament now?

>I believe I collect my Members of Parliament now?
Unless someone activates a fillibuster

OK then, guess that's my third Associate gone. No MPs for you.
Taking taxi through to South Bank end of Boomsbury. Out of moves for the next two turns, though, aside from burning Knid lock if I'm blocked.

I'll try a move to Oxford Circus, from there I can bus to Marble Arch

You're just making that up that's not in 9th Edition

Pembrookshireton Causeway to North Umbringhamshire

I have a theory... what if Mornington Crescent doesn't really exist? What if the real treasure is friendship?

I hire a prostitute to accuse you of groping; and have you detained by the police.

>Soaking biscuits in tea
>A downside
>WAACing this hard

With the police thus occupied, I hope the gate at Cannon Street to South Kensington.

>A group of people are called together to hear the will of a wealthy billionaire philanthropist
>5 million to this charity, 10 million to that, yada yada
>And my greatest treasure, buried in Mornington Crescent and given to all my dear friends
>Mornington Crescent not on any map, but it's somewhere in Britain
>Dead billionaire leaves only a cryptic riddle to its location
>Everyone sets off on their own to try to find it, with bizarre and illogical search plans or interpretations of the riddle
>Meanwhile everyone is hindering and lying and slandering and screwing over eachother in comedic ways.
>They all arrive at the same time
>The treasure is a note from the old man saying how friendship is the greatest treasure, and he expected them to cooperate
>They all actually hate eachother now
>Start fighting over the note for bragging rights
>Actually, the Lawyer secretly stole the monetary portion of the treasure

>They end up at a Smash Mouth concert