Reaper Bones 4 Kickstarter Update

youtube.com/watch?v=bb6Oxe65NsA&feature=youtu.be

First preview video came out showcasing the sizes of a few of the big minis and showing off an upcoming model The Tree of Despair.

Other urls found in this thread:

reapermini.com/NewReleases
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I'll be honest I really do like that tree

me on the right :)

pretty cool tree

Why is everything coming to rape my wallet this month?

Not a bad tree. I will grab one to use as a cheap substitute for a Malifaux hanging tree.

I am personally most worried about the Confrontation reboot. If the sculpts are actually good then I am going to be helpless.

>I will grab one to use as a cheap substitute for a Malifaux hanging tree.
My first thought was a budget replacement for pic related.

>Confrontation reboot
WAT

More information NAO pls

Before I get ahead of myself, they didn't even announce if it would be a Kickstarter in the first place so for all I know they are just going to release it normally. They did very little beyond announce it, show off some art, and talk about it at some con (In French of course, so uncultured Americans myself can't understand). You can go on their Facebook page and website and see yourself, but there isn't much to see right now. They are supposedly working with the guys who do the Confrontation Evo (The fan maintained ruleset).

Huh, damn. Well, thanks anyway, bro! I'm going to be cautiously hyped, especially if they don't kickstart it which seems to shit up the success potential of minis games desu.

Here's hoping they get as many of the original sculptors and as few of the Jean Beys on board as possible.

I honestly think that not Kickstarting minis games seems to be more of a formula for success, as of all the miniature wargames that came out of Kickstarter, you have Guild Ball, maybe Kings of War that are actively played.

I am hoping for the best myself. Their interviews made it clear that a lot of the guys who wanted everything to be preassembled/prepainted aren't working with them anymore. I like how the setting is continuing after Age of Ragnarok as well instead of just doing a hard reboot. They said at least that existing Confrontation miniatures will be legal for play as well.

Has anyone found a use for the transparent bones from the last kickstarter?

>Their interviews made it clear that a lot of the guys who wanted everything to be preassembled/prepainted aren't working with them anymore.
Well, a lot of those guys weren't really working "with" them in the first place, or am I wrong? I thought that was largely imposed from above by creditors in a last-ditch attempt to save the foundering company from two decades of Bey's mismanagement.

No you are right. I was thinking more along the lines of the interviews they put up with a few ex-Rackham employees who said that they like going with out of the box miniatures.

Interesting news. They just released a bunch of new bones on their webstore. They are working their way through the BONES3 kickstarter, so they aren't as behind as I thought. When oh when will they get around to the blackstar corsairs, or the dwarves?

reapermini.com/NewReleases

Too bad reaper won't deliver on this until late 2019 at the earliest for late backers

So Bones 4 probably won't be in retail until about 2021. Mad really.

See they've sharpened up some old stuff too, not new sculpts but a separate SKU, seems odd. You think they'd just switch future models over to the newer Bones material, rather than putting both on the store.

Seeing how the resculpted the Fire Giants in Bones 3(?) I wonder how long the originals will stay in stock.

Suits me fine. Gives me time to finish painting Bones 2 and 3. Ha ha ha never gonna happen. But I'll have more stuff painted by then, at least.

You have painted Bones 1?

Missed the kickstarter for that one.

Too bad, that one was the best of the bunch.

A fucking plain tree.
Wow really? Are they out of ideas already?

You're blind if you think that's just a plain tree

This is important information