/crg/ - Weekly Critical Role General

Episode 108 Edition

It's that time of the week again, y'all.

>What is Critical Role and where can I watch it?
geekandsundry.com/shows/critical-role/

How will Keyleth fuck up this week? Is Matt pushing the Vecna fight back until GenCon? Will tonight's episode be as boring as last week's?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_metal
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

We should make a bingo sheet for how badly vm fucks up during the becna fight. E.g
If they use non-concentracton buffs and Scanlon saves his counterspell until needed. Things like that.

>marisha will go full low voice = wisdom at gencon
>keyleth will take credit for killing vecna
>she'll confront the raven queen to free vax because VM just killed a god
>she'll probably fuck it up and end up getting the other gods to help and reward them for getting rid of the other "problem"
>vax lives again

She claims that Keyleth has made peace with Vax's death.

Now to watch art until 5 minutes after the show is meant to start.

Here we go... with announcements.

Provided Keyleth doesn't try to hog the spotlight in this episode, I really look forward to Grog and Percy teaming up and interacting in this episode.

She claims a lot of things.

what are they fighting again?

>relying on Marisha being consistent in any way other than being a disappointment

They're fighting against good pacing

Pretty much . They're stalling so that Vecna fight happens at GenCon.

when is gencon?

Next week

Guys, I just had a realization. Even if Travis plays a new class, but still wants to be a martial, he could be a Gunslinger next campaign. Think about it. A deep-voiced gunslinger played by Travis's mind.

It's all but confirmed that Travis is going to play Matt's Bloodhunter class

Yeah, but a man can dream.

I just want him to play a wizard. Or even any intelligent person to play wizard.

I'd rather Travis play a sorcerer

So Travis,Sam or Taelisin(?) ?

Why is Marisha wearing such a faggy shirt

Because they live in LA

Holy shit Critcal Role fanart where everyone's white. Why is this so fucking rare?

'Cause it's not a fanart. It's their latest official poster.

I guess I have too much faith in the fandom to produce something that isn't shit.

So will Ashley make it to GenCon ?

So wasn't Percy given knowledge how to make these stupid trammel things? Are they really that set on forcing the main fight to GenCon that they're now going through an unneeded puzzle?

If not, TPK

>So wasn't Percy given knowledge how to make these stupid trammel things?
No, that was Grog, and only how to forge them. I don't think any of them got info on how to navigate this dungeon.

Volcanic glass... metal?

Are you serious, Matt?

>Weekly Critical Role General
NO

LEAVE

GO AWAY

It's one thread per week, you can fuck off

Obsidian maybe? What fucking ever, this is DnD, bruh. It doesn't have to be real in a world where Elves and Gnomes exist.

Goddamnit /crg/ is so much better than the subreddit.

That should go without saying, but still.

thats one thread too god damn many

Obsidian isn't fucking metal
I can suspend my disbelief for fantasy stuff, but not for a material that is somehow both glass and metal. That's fucking idiotic.

>any intelligent person to play wizard
If you want it accompanied with good RP...you mean Sam, right?

>intelligent player
>good RP
100% Travis

I've been WONDERING about that.

Seems like 2/3 of the time artists draw them as brown. What gives?

But metallic glass is a thing, senpai.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amorphous_metal

>General
Jesus christ you fags take it to reddit
Not to mention these threads always have absurd poster:reply ratios too. Seems like it's the same couple of people posting in these threads until bump limit.

>the same couple of people posting in these threads

Yes, that is generally what a thread involves, user.

Calling it a General is a bit too much, sure, but CR is in every way Veeky Forums-related, so you can fuck off back to CYOA or whatever shithole you crawled out of.

non-crystalline != glass

Sure, right after all the other generals on the board go to leddit. Oh wait, you're not bright enough to realize how stupid of an idea that is.

>Perhaps the most useful property of bulk amorphous alloys is that they are true glasses

But the third sentence says that's not the case at all; in fact, it goes into detail about how that statement is not true at all.

Although I admit, this stuff would make shittiest armor ever

I DENY IT

>Defending CR general via "B-but other g-generals!"
Other generals are directly related to traditional games ( except CYOA which belongs on /qst/ )
Imagine if streamer/e-celeb threads were allowed on /v/. That's the direction this board is headed to if you allow this.

You're wasting your time here

Fuck off thread police. You're not a mod and thus have no say about what's allowed and what isn't. Good thing too, as your response to anything you don't like is "F-f-f-fuck o-o-offf!"

You're the same kind of fag who got rid of quests. I just wanted to sit in peace and play Banished or Black Company Quest, but no, fuckin' idiots had to ruin that.

>I ENTERED A THREAD THAT I KNEW WOULD UPSET ME AND HERE I AM.
[spoilers]I get what you're saying in your post but I just wanted to poke fun at you[spoilers/]

No user, e-celeb discussion would be us talking about Mercer's newest role or how good/bad the marriage between the actor's are going. A critrole thread is closer to esports.

Most of the discussion is related to the game action (albeit usually how shitty/amazing the actions can be), the story, or idiots like you trying to convince people who like it that they don't.

Thanks for the bumps, though. :^)

>spoilers/
user

I'm tired alright, its pre-coffee hours in australia now

Buddy, there's a Mornington Crescent thread on the board right now and I don't see you there. I don't think you though your principles through.

>one time-wasting puzzle after another

Cool.

whelp, this'll be this entire episode. gencon WILL BE the final fight vs vecna. be prepared to have to listen to a bunch of screaming fans while you try to watch this campaign end

>they actually try to be diplomatic instead of going for combat
>"Nah, trial by combat time."

Yurp.

See If they aren't stalling for Gencon I will eat my hat.

Honestly, if they drag it out a ton with this fight, they may begin the GenCon episode with them returning to Vasselheim with it being under siege by Vecna and his forces. They may spend the entire episode looking to repel the initial assault of the undead horde before going on the "final assault" of going to kill/seal away Vecna.

I'm hoping the GenCon episode will be the "penultimate" fight. A big Vasselheim battle akin to the Siege of Emon, but rather than bypassing the enemies to fight the Big Bad their goal is to defend the city.

Jesus christ. Signal Boost is always shit, but this is something even worse.

The ads are always terrible but this was a new low.

Marisha really is a bad actress, damn. Couldn't stop cringing. There's a very good reason most of her jobs have been from this show.

This Is dragging out a lot longer than I had thought before, the Vecna fight might be the week after Gencon thank Christ

Thats amazing actually. Apparently laura barely knew how to use the disengage action.

What's with the fucking Cricket battle music?

Are called shots a thing in crit role?
Cricket-al-role amiright?
>There is a cricket in the studio next to one of the mics

Really sucks that Matt denied them a diplomatic solution.

Also sucks that Sam is completely phoning it in tonight.

Cricketal Role

>"lol critical XD" meme abounds
>Mercer showing plain restraint on lighting bolt
>even knows nat 20 doesn't auto-succeed for saving throws

He's over the internet, and it's not as visceral as being right there.

Travis would make an excellent Eldritch Knight, probably with some sort of military tactician bent to make full use of how clever he can actually be. Full attacks plus spells? Travis would be a powerhouse.

>keyleth releases concentration on elemental
>it's still there but hostile now
>you can see that look of instant recognition on her face when she realizes she fucked up and added an extra enemy
>she knows she's gonna catch shit for this online

He would, but Travis hates spellcasting.

i can tell she is the type of person who gets way too triggered by the internet. it sucks cause shes one of the better cast members imho

As she should, but let's be real, an elemental can't really threaten them at this point.

>shes one of the better cast members imho
What's it like to be autistic?

They let a nat20 succeed on saving throws in their home game as a house rule.

hes too much of a normie to use magic.

She's better than Taleson, Ashley Johnson, Liam O'Brien, and Orion (goes without saying)

He said in an episode of Talks Machina that when someone gets a nat 20 on an ability check or saving throw, he lowers the DC for that player. If they still don't make the reduced DC, then they still fail.

>it sucks cause shes one of the better cast members imho
HAHAHAHAHA, WHAT?

She's one of the worst, by a long shot.

No way.

Sam>Travis>Taliesin>Ashley>Laura>Liam>Orion>=Marisha.

She's terrible, in different ways than Orion, but still terrible.

Other than Orion who do you think is worst than her?

Marisha: "Visual, Semantic"
Of course, the visual and semantic components of a spell you fucking 17th level druid who has been playing for the better part of 3years shit.

Literally none of that is true

She's the only one who actually uses a full spellbook. She's by default better than Ashley Johnson casting the same 4 spells only because her character (and just general personality) is cute

Of course she doesn't.

>acting like spells>roleplay and ability to play
>acting like sucking at using spells>using a few that work really well
Nigger what.

So Vax is dead? Did Lima cry like a bitch?

>semantic
Somatic

Oh shit, are they dying? I haven't been paying full attention between this thread and 5eg

They're not doing well, because they got into a typical Vox Machina fight. In which they suffer because of shitty planning.

see
that's just like, your opinion, man. people just hate her cause she is high on the show sometimes and get salty when she misplays, even though she is literally 10x better at the game than everyone else besides taleison.

I know, Marisha was saying that the components of Liams spell were visual and semantic and I was mocking her in my post. Its Verbal and Somatic (arm motions).

>she is literally 10x better at the game than everyone else besides taleison.
Do you know how I know you're retarded?

I'll probably watch this fight again when the VOD is posted