Powerful/legendary characters with mundane names

Powerful/legendary characters with mundane names

>Mike the Archangel

I'm pretty sure that if you're so legendary that your name has become mundane in a distant future, you've succeeded more than anyone else.

And then there's motherfuckers like Caesar, who have an entire TITLE and a MONTH dedicated to them, on top of having literally millions of people and various cities named after them.

The ultimate sign you've made it

Tim 'U Ride?' Barlas

Jim Khan

Steve the Wise.

>Damn near every language has a common variation of your name
>One of the most common names, millions are named after you

This guy's got it.

?

Patrick Stonewall

Tim the Enchanter

Matt the Voice of God

Ben Garrison

>Gabu the Archangel

Best yet.

>Micheal the angel
>Paul the apostle

"Legendary" figures in real life have mundane names.

Bob the builder.

Yeah dude Heracles is mundane as shit and not at all three times as cool as any character in the Bible save possibly Samson.

Weren't the names of several of the big Greek Heros common as hell in Greece in that time period?

I see your point, I raise you Arthur and Alexander.

Loved the movie.

>Samson
Alright, let's get something straight: how though is an ass' jaw exactly? Let's be generous and assume we're dealing with guys who aren't wearing helmets, and that Samson is effectively wearing the Bronze Age equivalent of full plate: is it possible to kill multiple men in a row with an ass' jaw without it fracturing? Looking at one I can see why it could make for a useful improvised warclub, but wouldn't it's still bone. Wouldn't it fracture after having fractured a few skulls itself?

Gabu a cute, but Vigne wife material.

Thorne of Bloodstone had one. Fuck that saint. Told you you only needed Bahamut to erase the Wand of Orcus and then Bahamut kills you into also fucking going to hell after your ordeal to kill Tiamat to prep the wand for destruction using blood from her heart, lying faggot lizard, the fuck does that even work? Fucking piece of shit, fuck you and your dragonborn, my next PC willl be fucking Galanoth and I will cleave your entire species apart as a one man draconic-genocide and mount your fucking heads on my wall.

They have mundane names because we've made them mundane by naming loads of our children after them.

I mean, look at the meaning of Michael: "Who is like God?". Dude's name literally makes him a walking reminder that nobody measures up to the perfection of God.

>Alex the Great
>King Dave of Israel
>Prophet Sam
>King Nab of Babylon

ok, Im out

Don't forget Josh the Messiah.

>how though is an ass' jaw exactly

I exercise my glutes every day and my ass jaws are like a vice

Reminder that Jesus is actually called Jeshua. As in, Joshua. As in, Josh.
>And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hades will not overcome it. - Matthew 16:18
Reminder that he named one of his apostles Rocky.

Ah yes, the famous prophet, Moe

>The founder of the Catholic Church is called Rocky
>The Apostles are basically The Expendables

Heracles was a special case. It wasn't his original name, and he was given it to try and placate Hera.

His birth name was Alcaeus, which was far more common. (Or Alcides, which is still used as a name today in some places.)

So yeah, you could have the 12 labours of Al.

[urge to stab intensifies]

Baptist Johnny

So in total we've got:

Baptist Johnny

Josh "Chris" the Messiah
Rocky
Jake
John
Phil
Bart
Tom
Matt
Jim
Thad
Simon
and Jude

I suspect that jawbone was meant to be spiritually enhanced at that moment when he was wielding it. When it describes his feats, generally the Bible says something like "the spirit of the lord came upon him and then he proceeded to smite" which to me implies that he's not actually super humanly strong all the time, he's a paladin who can invoke super strength when he needs to/imbue it in his weapon, at least until he falls.

Abe the Despoiler
Robert William, Primarch of the Ultramarines
AKA Bob Bill, Spiritual Liege of all Space Marines and Savior of the Revived Imperium

Bobby B.

The wording in NIV is "and the spirit of the Lord came upon him in power" right before he does some superhuman shit.
I've never liked superhuman strength characters shown as overly muscled, so I'd like to see an average fit guy of the time doing something super strong. Same with Superman, really

Bone is fucking tough. As a Spanish that had to hit someone with a ham bone, can attest that it would be VERY hard for a person to break it with its head.

For clarification, it was not a small bone, it is like the whole fucking leg, from the foot to the whole femur.

>the names of legendary heroes become mundane names

this is severely backwards, Joshua derives from Jeshua, not the other way around

Georgie the Dragon Slayer

That's what they were meaning.

Kevin the Starcrusher

Nicki B.

Donkey Ollie

>motherfuckers like Caesar, who have an entire TITLE and a MONTH dedicated to them
>tfw Slav
>tfw July is named after linden trees

First, bones are hard. Concrete tier hard. Jaw bones of something that have to eat grass whole it's life is probably hard as fuck.
Second, we talking a guy who plucked out city gates.

Bobby, Overlord of the Nine Hells, Scourge of the Seven Heavens, Devourer of Souls, The Death of Hope

>Biff the Stern

Judy the Hammer

"The sons of thunder" are now "those two fuckers"
Now do the twelve sons of Jacob

Considering Romans are the reason Slavs and slaves share root, fuck 'im. I'll have my trees.

>The Great Charlie

Hannibal Barka>>> Han Bark
Hasdrubael Barka>>>Assdie Bark

Oily King Josh.

Big King Chuck

Greasy Josh Josephson

Josh's gang are obviously greasers.

>>The etymology of Cerberus' name is uncertain. Ogden[135] refers to attempts to establish an Indo-European etymology as "not yet successful". It has been claimed to be related to the Sanskrit word सर्वरा sarvarā, used as an epithet of one of the dogs of Yama, from a Proto-Indo-European word *k̑érberos, meaning "spotted"

Sherman "Nasty Sherm" the Destroyer

>Chuck the Great

>Reminder that he named one of his apostles Rocky.
You could also call him "The Rock"

AT LONG LAST
THE ROCK HAS COME HOME TO JERUSALEM

For some reason, mundane names attached to soberingly scary people multiplies their appeal.

>Mike the Archangel
I read a book not so long ago called Starship Death and I swear the main character had that name. Did you read the same book OP or did the writer make a series?

What if I say there was another guy with the same name?

Josh Johnson would be his full name wouldn't it?

>chuck the hammer

Chaz is so great. We should give him nickname that lets everyone know how great he is

Ned Longshanks, Hammer of the Scots and his great-grandson
Teddy, the Black Prince.
Dickie the Lionheart.
And 8 King Hanks.

Men named Malcolm ruled the Scots.
Ollie C committed war crimes in Ireland.
Eric was the name of a number of bloodthirsty vikings.
Basil I was one of Byzantium's greatest emperors.
There have been 16 popes who chose to be called Greg.

You can do this all day long.

Jack the Ripper.

In addition to this, Hades objected to the name "Pluto" because it sounded like a dog's name.

He's just a reboot of Spring-Heeled Jack, though.

CAN YOU SMELL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN
is it jews? C'mon guys, Josh told us not to hate people, why ya'll cooking and crucifying and circumcisin people?don't make me quote the book that hasn't been written yet