Witch Hat Atelier - part 2

Storytime continues from

I love this. I hope the series will be at least 80% of Coco and the gang coming yp with non-violent uses of magic to solve whatever they get themselves into.

Chapter 5
In which world gets built.

I love this guys hat.

They'll show the hats of other members of the group, they all look pretty cool.

This is cute and fun. Thanks OP.

My eyes see Power Rune, but my head hears PARGON

You're welcome, user, glad you're enjoying it.

This is my favorite spread in the series so far

What's PARGON from, user?

Eternal Darkness, a gamecube game. A super good one too.

Hey, it's that image!

How about this one, user?

Eternal Darkness. Funny enough it also uses a rune system for spellcasting with the idea that runes represent nouns, pronouns, verbs, and adjectives. IT has a neat effect too, you summon this circle around you while this shadowed voice chants in the background.

The tiers for spells go 3 point, 5 point, 7 point, and 9 point and you fill each slot with runes. Tier 3 is basically a pronoun (the eldritch deity you are invoking) a noun (say object) and then a verb (Protect) and the completed sentence of will enchant your weapon with the power of the elder thing you named.

However a chink in the system happens when you want to use higher tier magic. Because the devs didn't deliver on their "100+ spell combinations promise" because they only gave you 10 runes to use not including the 4 for different deities. And of those 10 it was almost split between verbs and nouns so the number of combinations was limited out the gate, and they didn't program in more than 9 spells.
So casting higher tier spells means using the same runes in a 3 point spell, and filling the excess with the Pargon [power] rune. So to enchant your weapon with a 7 point circle meant listening to

>Chat'turgah
>Bankorak
>Pargon
>Pargon
>Magormor
>Pargon
>Pargon

Repeat this across the entire game or every time you wanted to enchant your swords. Not to mention that while you can skirt by with a 3 point enchanted weapon it means lengthening fights unnecessarily and there are very few instances where a lower level spell is better than a higher level one late game.

So now whenever I think of Eternal Darkness I hear Pargon in my head. Power runes have been ruined for me.

Still a good game but Silicon Knights likes to write big checks they can't necessarily cash.

Chapter 6
In which the GM doesn't believe in balancing encounters.
I really just want to sleep.

You're doing good work, user. It's much appreciated.

Its well done, but the paneling and sense of freedom and wonder the first one imparts is absolutely perfect

You've been at this for 6 hours user. GEt some sleep afterwards but thanks for the dump.

You're welcome, anons. I'm glad you're following it.

Yeah. We can finish this tomorrow. The thread will probably survive until then

Agreed. I'll look forward to it if it continues.

I look forward to it.

Alright, anons, I'll finish this when I wake up. Unless someone wants to take over and finish for me.
Good nigh/tg/uys

>devilishy pretty man that charms with amgic
>harem of lolis

send help

bump for reading

*quickly activates the bump rune*

Well this is absolutely delightful. Reminds me so much of Earthsea and Chrestomanci!

The artist has a talent for soft curves.

And we're back, mates! I'm so glad you guys are into it.

If you're just joining us, this is Witch Hat Atelier, a series with cute witch girls, a cool magic system and a beautiful, dreamy art style.
You can read the first part here:

It's great, it is both full of cute and interesting world/magic/metaphysics. I am not a mango person but really am enjoying this.

Thanks for showing this.

I'm glad to share if with you guys, I was sure Veeky Forums would like it.

I already forgot what the brushbug was, it's been weeks since the previous chapter

Coco's familiar, I guess you could say.