/40kg/

1 am edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8 [Open] [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#F!GEc1QLRR!BcxtPrEdfvI-778sQnTzjg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Alpha legion

first for word bears

I think you're intended to use the oval bases provided.

Necrons report in

GOD DAMMIT ALPHARIUS

Best Primarch coming through.

Is this an actual thing?

Quick: Tell us about YOUR DUDES. What are they? What is their lore? Are they fun?

IM HERE AND READY TO SUCK COCK

What the fuck is that picture

How could I use this guy in 40K? Terminator Lord? Daemon Prince? Kharn?

That looks pretty old, user.

I wouldn't be surprised if there are Chaos warbands of nothing but Helbrutes, but there were never any Dreadnought legions or Dreadnought chapters.

Hydra harmonics, they're a company of noise marines in the Alpha Legion.

Why does the Imperium still use infantry in offensive operations? Everything a tactical marine can do a Predator/Storm Talon can do better.

A picture for ants

So, I have a question; I'm building a squad of Rangers, but I don't want to have to put 3 of the buggers on oval bases just so they have Arquebuses. Is it WAAC to put Arquebuses on 28mm base?

> Old Dreads are best Dreads

An'ggrath would be the closest equivalent.

Guard and Ministorum reporting in. Going to tear shit up Saturday with death cult assassins and bullgryn.

For a Genestealer Cult list, would it be better to have 3 units of 20 Neophyte Hybrids or 6 units of 10? Im leaning towards the latter so I can get two batallions or a brigade for more CP.

I used to play against iron hands box squads all the time so clearly

New codex when?

>Why does the USA still use infantry in offensive operations? Everything a marine can do an M1/F22 can do better

They're a Penal Legion. So they're probably a lot of fun. They got recruited with the incentive that battle is better than working at a penal colony.

Contingency detachment Jericho. Alpha Legion marines led by a heresy era delegatus.

So conscript spam?

How do you stop a Nurgle infestation?

Since the plagues are supernatural and probably defy all the usual treatment/quarantine methods I imagine the only real method is to burn out every bit of it.

>Back in the day Dreadnoughts had actual legs
OKAY, WHICH ONE OF YOU TOASTER-FUCKING COGBOYS DECIDED IT WAS A GOOD IDEA TO HAVE MOST MODERN DREADNOUGHTS LOOK LIKE THEY SKIPPED LEG DAY?

>Mon-keighs like the worse stuff better
>They call it nostalgia

nuke from orbit lol
nuke everything

OcTauber will soon be upon us.

Just got out of class, but thanks for the advice.
I was thinking about Orks and Guard, but they both kinda feel off to me for specific reasons.
The Guard share the same sense of uniformity that the Tau had to me, although I'll admit that the fact that I can dirty them up and add a bit of personal flair makes me like them a bit more than the Tau.
As for the Orks, the ramshackle design of a lot of their things sorta makes me shy away from them, I love observing them and what have you, but I'm not super sure I'll enjoy paint 3*10^4 Boyz.
If there was a proper ruleset for Dark Mechanicus I'd jump on that in a heartbeat, they're by far and away one of my favourite aspects of the 40k lore.

guard are cheap, marines are not

, a group of tzeentchian horrors led by a couple ex-TSons daemon princes who failed at their first assignment post-ascension, they're now cursed to be followed around by a host of Tzeentchian flamers who alternate between #roasting the DP/horrors for their failure and bbqing enemies. Horrors and DPs are black(dark grey) with blue/pink accents currently

The Iskander Rogue Trader Dynasty (Inquisition+ Scions/IG). They were locked in a brutal succession war caused by their darwinian views until recently when the youngest son managed to seize the warrant by killing or forcing his siblings to submit. He started with nothing but his faithful manservant and a pair of balls the size of the Phalanx. Now he's leading a fleet intent on glory, conquest and profit.

He's a pretty fun guy. Still havent converted him yet though.

Second best, he's tied with Vulkan and Pre-Heresy Magnus.

Salamanders

Probably the same dumbasses who unironically think boxnauts look good.

Looking at World Eaters to work with my R&H, how good of a synergy is there? Planning on supplementing the berzerkers with mutant rabble and Earthshaker Batteries.

Not all of them. They're a "veteran" Penal Legion, so they've """acquired""" a certain amount of gear that puts them on par with normal Guard. Including some vehicles that were commandeered from their parent regiments.

So long as nobody sees that they slapped a fresh coat of paint (badly), it'll be fine.

I have no eyes and I must scream

Sigma operator branch.
Its mix of Alpha legion loyalists and renegades but no chaos scums
And guy who looks exactly same as Ahriman lead them in battle

Use him as himself when he gets rules.

Space Mariner in Termblenador Armor

>new warhammer 40k space marine professionally painted

The Imperium doesn't have to worry about civilians.

use moderation when reveling in blood

> How many layers of paint are you on
> I dunno like five or six my dude

Apothecary or Ancient for a Primaris list?

>Here we go again.

Because Tanks, Flyers and Artillery can't hold ground.

No question.

> L@@K

When he gets rules he's going to be a titanic flying bloodthirster you dumbass.

Thousand Sons led by (insert name for exalted sorcerer here) in the post-heresy Ahriman color scheme, haven't quite decided a name yet for anything but lots of avian themes with the leaders and stuff so I'll base it on that. Haven't quite decided a fluff direction yet either, but once I get things like the name down I might be able to think of something.

Yes marines are still used in offensive operations (why is that?) while guard have tanks and gunships of their own.

Can't bomb an Ork airfield if they don't have airfields.

Old Dread looks like he skipped everything but leg day.

motherfucker mastered the art of photo-ing minis but can't for the life of him thin his fucking paints

Pilgrims of Monarchia, led by a former Ashen Circle member who rose to become a Dark Apostle, they are an infantry-heavy warband with a penchant for fire and destruction of religious buildings that goes beyond even normal Word Bearers.

OFFENSIVE OPERATIONS you retards.

Are you 12 years old

because marines and guard can make decisions, or rather they can be trusted (most of the time) while tanks and such cannot. sure you could give tanks and gunships AI but we all know how that went last time

The posing looks awesome. The "50 Layers of Paint" not so much.

Then shoot the Orks with a Predator.

>Why does the Imperium still use infantry in offensive operations? Everything a tactical marine can do a Predator/Storm Talon can do better.
Can a storm talon go through the door of a bunker, shoot the guys inside and collect the vital objective (intelligence, artifact, whatever)?

And? If you use that model he'll look unique.

>tank pilots are not marines or guardsmen
user are you drunk?h

He'll be too big for that model and it doesn't have wings.

No, now answer.

It can blow it up.

>"Sir, our tanks have successfully driven a hole in their lines."
>"Good job, Lieutenant, but what is the downside?"
>"Well, the enemy quickly closed the breach and disabled all our tanks because we had no infantry to control the ground they just took."

Looking at ogryns and bullgryns. Are bullgryns as good in melee as they look on paper? I think it'd be fun to charge a squad in and a distraction/beatstick.

A guard regiment with close ties to the ecclesiarchy and Inquisition that often recruits from a penal colony and a nearby religious warrior feral world. On the table I use Conscripts to be penal legions, normal squads to be normal recruits, Crusaders and death cult assassins to be the male and female religious warriors and various other things. Just quick background lore as an excuse to take a smattering of units.

are you because that's not something i said

>It can blow it up.
And lose said vital artefact.

The Oppressors Warband

>Renegade Marines active in the Ultima Segmentum near Tau and Imperial Space.
>Roughly 5000 Astartes with about 4 million mortal followers (of which 3M are nothing more than cultist rabble)
>Utilize and worship Chaos in all forms, but inherently view it as a tool to further own goals
>Allied with the Black Legion in an arrangement of "Come when we call and never fight us and you get free reign of X territory" - have sent Companies to fight in the 13th Black Crusade.
>Warband utilizes combined-arms tactics of conventional "mortal" Renegade Humans fighting the deadhead fights with Astartes detachments getting all the fun/glorious work and acting as leadership/"motivators" for the mortals

Beliefs:
>Desire to loot, plunder, and build an empire of their own by any means necessary
>Hate the Inquisition and the Imperial Fists above all other foes; Inquisitor and the Fists wiped their original home world off the map a few thousands years ago and they still mad
>Fight for territory and resources first, and ideology second, except when Fists are present.
>View mortal slavery to Astartes masters as the natural order, but simultaneously view slaves as resources that require a degree of investment to achieve maximum yields
>Number of slaves owned is a rough reflection of your standing in the Warband, with lords owning thousands outright
>Hierarchy is extremely rigid but also very respected - Oppressors have a degree of true brotherhood among themselves, but everyone else is literal dogshit to them.
>Chains, Power Mauls, and Hammers are of great symbolic import - virtually every Champion uses a maul, and each is usually hand-crafted for the Champion by their Heretek artificers.

They're fun and I like them.

You're fucking retarded holy shit. Go educate yourself on the basics of modern military doctrine and strategy before asking these idiotic questions.

>"Sir, our tanks have successfully driven a hole in their lines."
>"Good job, Lieutenant, but what is the downside?"
>"None sir, because we kept some tanks back to hold the ground we took since we are not retarded."

Bullgryns outdo Ogryns at everything bar shooting. And you don't want Ogryns shooting.

Tanks can't hold ground in congested territory.

Keeping tanks back would result in the same thing that happened in the Winter War. Russian tanks pushed through, left their infantry behind and got disabled by Finnish light infantry.

What vital artefact? Are you implying even 1% of the enemy fortifications and trenches you will find have some sort of vital relic or information, specially against Tyranids and Orks?

Neck yourself retard. Armor needs infantry for screening and murdering the other guys infantry. Who the fuck do you think is going to kick the door and blast the shitbag with a middle launcher hunkered down in a hive city?

The artefact from the example. Learn to fucking read.

Where the fuck are you driving tanks vs Tyranids when the entire planet is covered in murdervines and bramblefuck jungles and acid swamps?

> Some user posts a mega link for the first 34 Horus Heresy novel audiobooks in 40kg the other night
> Am now downloading 30GB of audiobooks
> Too lazy to switch IPs so it's gonna take like 12 hours but who cares

Thank you to whoever that was, I've been looking for Warhammer related stuff to play while painting instead of just generic podcasts.

Tell us more about them!

>runs out of arguments
>y-you're retarded!
Clockwork my friend, thank you for conceding defeat. Your tears are also delicious.

Why? Yes they can, and much better than infantry since they dont drop with a single bullet.

Because they were retarded and didn't keep some tanks back?

I absolutely love this idea and might have to steal it

link? cant mention that shit and not share

Hey /40kg/, I'm wanting to get into WH40K but have one question. Are there any restrictions when it comes to building an army?

>he thinks tanks can hold congested territory
Good luck with that, lol

Alright look, I'm going to go nice and slowly. The tanks they had (all of them, including the ones they kept back) got surrounded and disabled by the Finnish infantry because they didn't have Russian infantry to keep the Finns off them.

I'm still working on the lore. Right now the idea is that the original delegatus died, and his persona/self has just been psychically imprinted onto successive marines.

mega.nz/#F!GEc1QLRR!BcxtPrEdfvI-778sQnTzjg

Here you go user

Some
You have to take units from a single faction, but those factions can be pretty broad.

For example, you can take Imperial Guard and Space Marines in an army together, because they're both part of the "Imperium" faction
But you can't take Orks and Imperial Guard in the same army.

Also generally speaking you need at least one HQ leader model, and 2-3 units minimum.

You need to have certain types of soldiers (HQ, Elites, Troops, Fast Attack, Flyers, Heavy Support and Lords of War) and keep to a certain points limit. The basics is covered in the rule book.

-HQ-
>Captain, Burning Blade, SS
>Chaplain
-Elite-
>Company Vet Squad(5), SS(2), P Sword(3), P Axe(2), Plasma Pistol
>Razorback, Twin AC, S Bolter
>Company Vet Squad(5), SS(2), P Sword(3), P Axe(2), Plasma Pistol
>Razorback, Twin AC, S Bolter
>Contemptor Dread, Dread CCW, Kheres AC
-Troop-
>Scout Squad(5), Sniper Rifle(4), Camo Cloaks
>Scout Squad(5), Sniper Rifle(4), Camo Cloaks
-Heavy Support-
>Dev Squad(5), 2 ML/2 LC
>Razorback, Twin LC, S Bolter
>Dev Squad(5), 2 ML/2 LC
>Razorback, Twin LC, S Bolter

I have 4 points left over. Should I give each Dev squad a Storm bolter, remove two Storm Bolters from the Razorbacks and give each Scout Squad a 5th Sniper Rifle, or remove two Storm Bolters and give my Chaplain a Plasma Pistol? Help would be appreciated.

I need to think up orders for them that don't get too far into doughnut steel territory

Everything has to have at least one matching fsction keyword. Faction keywords tend to start broad Imperium - Adeptus Astarte's - Dark Angels - Deathwing for example. As long as everything in your army has one of those keywords matching you're good when building