Edgy models

Post so edgy models they almost cut themselves (not to speak about the owner)

BEHOLD

90% of 40k desu

Lmao what's up with the head of the swole red dudes

hahaha what the fuck

Should see that new Forgeworld LotR ogre its one of the edgiest things ive ever seen.

It's a great damned one of pride, the model comes with a small hand mirror you can place on the hand for him to behold his still beautiful face.
Heck, I searched this one from GW proper page, didn't realize FW was the culprit.

Now with more Dwarf!

How?

Plastic and CAD doesn't a good model make, especially when the design from source material is more plain and "organic".

Oh yeah. Can't forget Malifaux.

How? is it edgy

What's so edgy about it?

Goddam no idea why I put an comma there.

>budget darth vader rides a rancor

I unironically like almost every model posted in this thread. Either I'm an incurable edgelord or it's like the term "edgy" has lost any meaning, just like every other buzzword Veeky Forums spams.

Liking edgy isn't bad. Problems arise if you aren't aware of the fact.

>it's like the term "edgy" has lost any meaning, just like every other buzzword Veeky Forums spams.
I was genuinely confused rolling thorugh this thread.

Skullface McIAmTheDeathbringer in the OP is pretty old-school so-badass edgy, and the Helldorado shit is total bosy horror turned up to 11 edge, but the rest of it just seems to be whining about CAD...

It's literally "Crawling under my skin" -design.

desu I posted just because I couldn't find and thought it was the next "best" thing. Not much edgy but plain bad, tbqh.

Same here. Demons look like something bowels of hell could reasonably expel (and i like the design of swole skinless dude still 'mirin his beautiful face, it's cool.) Trolls are a bit meh, but they're grey ugly motherfuckers, there isn't much variance to them.

To me "edgy" is something like pic related (sorry, i'm MTGfag, not modelfag) - something that tries to look "cool" and "mature" by taking a very obviously shocking theme (no matter how overused that theme is), and excessively milking it. Copious amounts of ketchup optional. Something like Kingdom Death's "haha, our monster is a literal giant dong!"

But what is the definition of edgy exactly? OPs guy kinda looks like the Reaper guy from Overwatch who looks like a bunch of tryhard teenager's roleplaying characters.
But then the gribbly monsters and the mutilated slave monsters? Are any dark themed minis automatically edgy too?
This thread lacks direction.

Dark themes and horror designs aren't strictly edgy.
Edgy is when you're trying too hard and showing complete lack of self-awareness.
There's also fun edgy when you look at regular edgy, recognize how ridiculous it is and go "you know what? I can make this even sillier." Good example of this is Vampire Knight Requiem.

Just go with the ride.
Or post models you think is edgy.
It's a bit subjective. I'd say it's brooding and dark style just for the sake of it, bonus points for lack of substance.

What's the difference between edgy and grimdark? I think they're different but can't come up with a good definition. Even aesthetically I'd say Dark Elder are edgy but space marines are grimdark. Although maybe its because they are literally edgy with all they're spikes and stuff.

There's edgy and "edgy".
Edgy means fresh and unconventional, something with a "sharp edge", a new tang that's weird enough to make you remember it.
"Edgy" means taking something that was fresh and unconventional 30 years ago, and just copypasting that shit over and over and over again.

The whole of 40k is edgy, since when 40k was developed, there wasn't much grimdark fantasy/scifi around.

I don't have any pics yet but I would post my Shtrafbat squads for BA. Half of them get rifles, the other half don't. Their job is to soak MG fire and to check for mines with their feet. That's my definition of grimdark and I don't give a fuck about the grogs at /hwg/ crying about "not generally historically correct".

Far right would make for an awesome Nurgle Spawn

nnnaaaaaah, that's edgy.

> I don't give a fuck about the grogs at /hwg/ crying about "not generally historically correct"
Yup, definitely edgy.

Needs more bugs then.

If you like it, it's mature and dark. If you dislike it, it's edgy.
If you like it, it's grimdark. If you dislike it, it's grimderp.

Grimdark is even darker and edgier than Edgy, to the point where it'd be parody if not for the total lack of self-awareness.

Grimdark is self aware.

Can't think of a single Grimdark setting that's self aware.

This is the only edgy model in this thread, imo.

The others are more or less in line with the aesthetic of their setting.

What if the aesthetic itself is edgy?

Looks like Reaper from Overwatch

Chevalier Vampire Knight, if introductory text and "bonus material" is anything to go by.
Also, WH40k in its entirety, early days deserving a special mention.

In that case it has nothing to do with that particular model. Edginess is related to trying to hard, like this forced (pun intended) "unzips dick stuff" on models which are supposed to look battle-ready.

But if the model is edgy in general sense?

It would be a great diorama if it was the guardsmen going to help a wounded eldar out of misguided pity. Rape is a bit silly.

The grogs cry because they mad that Soviet human wave tactics became a meme. Doesn't mean it didn't happen sometime, just not as often as popular historians like to pretend to make the Soviets look inhumane.
And how is taking events from history edgy? It's not exagerrated.

If you cherrypic rough things from history, you can definitely be edgy.

Sorry but you can't top this.

/thread

>That troll from the BoTFA

BRAVO HACKSON

>burgers are so afraid of tits that this is the height of their nightmares

Sexualized martyrdom and silly execution.

What's even remotely edgy about this? It's some spooky body horror monster.

It's basically a fertility god, the thing is pretty nice in comparison to most other stuff in KD.

So I'm just gonna operate under the assumption we can quantify edgy as " Trying way too hard to shock/frighten/impress your audience" .

So I'd probably have to say the greater part of Kingdom Death's range. And I think it does a great job at it, I really enjoy that creepy/weird stuff.

I suppose it's all about varying levels of unpleasantness. The difference between unsettling and 'edgy' is in the execution.

One is more complex, and the best often uses a bit of subtlety or misdirection to disguise it's message until you've digested on it a while. 'Edgy' design is shallow at best and complete cliche at worst.

Eh, that's a pretty mild take on a few of the uncomfortable bits of reproduction. Contrast this with Geiger's take.

this is edgy

these aren't edgy these are pervy

also this edgy is more "oh I'm so badass" so chaos stuff comes under edgy where its like "Tower of skulls" and its all skulls and spikes

this doesn't necessarily mean it's bad or you shouldn't like it, but the sexual imagery isn't there for pervy purposes, it's clearly an edgy take on goddess of fertility with a grotesque representation of sexual organs(maybe for shock effect). It is edgy.

Idk I wouldnt say its edgy but diffrent strokes for diffrent folks I guess

I don't think gross or shock value is what OP means by edgy, look at the original pic for reference. He's talking about shit like Shadow the Hedgehog or Reaper from OW.
Calling the KD monsters edgy is like calling Alien edgy.

this
he summed it up better than I could

Kingdom Death interplays sexiness and horror in such a way that I firmly believe that it is genuinely the stuff of nightmares. This is definitely not meant to be titillating.

Unfortunately, I have fucked up fetishes, so my dick is still up.

>spoiler

>not posting Senior massacre or at least Jaguars

My main problem with this is that the base looks like a nose

/Tv/ creates the memes, Veeky Forums destroys them

This seems like a circular argument

>"haha, our monster is a literal giant dong!"
all their monsters are either dongs or vagoos

i have no idea why this would be considered edgy

You've got to explain yourself here. Is it the black and red color scheme? Is it the face covering helmets? Is it the colorful hair? I'm grasping at straws here

Some of Brother Vinni's tortured girls range, including this piece, which coincidentally looks like Ukrainian PM Yulia Tymoshenko, bit near the line given he's a Russian sculpter.

Aside from Mr Universe in the background, I think all of these looks pretty good

Why does the red guy have a little Octopus suckin his dick?

It's a piece of leather nailed into his crotch to cover his junk.

Is almost anything in this thread actually supposed to be fucking edgy? It's like I stumbled into r*ddit, holy shit

One guy brandish a knife...? eh

Post edgy miniatures yourself

>To me "edgy" is something like pic related (sorry, i'm MTGfag, not modelfag) - something that tries to look "cool" and "mature" by taking a very obviously shocking theme (no matter how overused that theme is), and excessively milking it. Copious amounts of ketchup optional.

This this this this.

>Something like Kingdom Death's "haha, our monster is a literal giant dong!"

You crossed the line, sir.

Why don't you?

Probably thought it was black and red, which is the same reason retards thought Kill la Kill was edgy.

Citadel delivering again

I feel like this is close, but it's also a really good diorama of dark elder slavers. There is way darker things to do with them than slavers.

Like a similar scene with a haemonculus...

I feel like the anguished expressions of the slaves look a bit too real and not sufficiently exaggerated for the setting.

Also, gratuitous toplessness.

>implying Kill La Kill wasn't edgy

does summer ever end

I actually find KD hilarious these days
>She's a hot chick!
>But her dress is made of dicks!
>Dicks she cut off!
>Dicks like yours! Which she'll cut off!

I really like these :)

>implying it was.
will the retards ever leave?

Hold on - does that cyber ninja have a gun with a fucking harmonica magazine?

>magazine