>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>Reinforcements are en route
youtube.com/watch?v=UID6LEzvRRo

Other urls found in this thread:

tabletop-world.com
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Is there anything better than Averland Sunset for what it does? How does VMC Gold Brown compare, for example?

I've been really happy with p3 yellow paints. Good coverage and blends so smooth.

Thanks, I'll check them out.

>tfw my place is too tiny to set up proper airbrush workspace

Life is suffering

Work in progress some Raven Guard successors, Reivers are a bunch of fun so Both to paint and to play

Are they worth getting a squad of 5 or whatever? All I've heard is Hellblasters being the best Primaris unit, which works well for an all Primaris army like mine. I mainly just want to greenstuff their legs into proper legs and replace their dinky knives with cooler melee weaponry

those fellas are almost done, need to finish their bases and find+fix all missed spots on models

and another 5 of birdguys

Give them carbines and they're a good harassment unit. Strong enough to do damage if left alone, but tough enough that your opponent can't just send a throwaway unit after them.

lovely execution user

really like the weaponshow did you them

Only gripe is maybe that there is too much variety in skin tones, I personnally think there should be just tones of purple and blue, but thats my opinion. Other people might find it awesome

Godspeed tzaangor user

Looking good, you nailed the armor. You really should work more on those mold lines, though.

>I wonder if Jamal likes me
-> -> /pol/

Carbines seems the go, I have been using a squad of 10 carbines and another of pistols and knives, the carbines pump out consistent performance while half the time the knives fall flat

>tfw actually bought new tools, brushes and paints so that doing hobby is less of a struggle each time
>sorted out my piles of unpainted stuff neatly so I can pick out a box and paint a Blood Bowl team or the contents of a board game or something
>instead I've barely painted in months

Kill me.

>tfw looking at this reminded you to sort your miniatures

Cheers user

Do you live in a closet?

9/10 would pay you for comissions

My first ever painted miniature. I know the paint is a bit thick in places, and I will have to touch up the silver highlights.

Also I messed up on the fatigue and armour highlights, have to make them smaller and finer.

1/2

2/2

I honestly wouldn't worry too much about some dodgy highlights on rank and file. 29 more to go and all that.

You're already doing better than a good 40% of the gaming public user.

Thanks.

This is an excellent first model. Good tabletop standard.

With a bit of practice on full guard blobs it'll be perfect!

Thanks, it's weird, in real life it looks goods to me, but all zoomed in, it just looks like utter shit.

That's normal, don't worry about that.

Always happens mate, other than the very best miniatures you'll always see imperfections when you stare at a 28mm blown up to a 1000px images, especially if it's just the miniature alone and not a diorama or something.

phew

>a 28mm blown up to a 1000px images

Sorry my brain stopped working there for a minute.

But yeah, for my blog I've recently started I try to take pictures at-scale, if that makes sense.

That's what happens. Don't worry. When you're at a point when it still looks amazing in picture, you'll be a pro by then?

I guess if it looks good from a 'human eye' scale, then that's all it matters.

Is this your work? If so, that's stupidly amazing.

I'm 99% done with these guys and they probably are the best models I've painted so far. Really enjoyable to work on too. I do not regret getting that starter box.

is that the chosen undead on the far left?

So, I bought a cheap rhino on ebay awhile back and finally got around to chaos-ing it up for my Night Lords. Shit was glued down, so I had to work around some stuff, but I'm honestly pretty satisfied. The launcher, gunner, and trophy pole are all magnetized, so I can take advantage of all the options CSM have for their rhinos. I couldn't figure out a good way to add the other combi-options, so I figured I'd have a dude pop out the top instead.

Begun working on my ork nobs, tried having them in different tones of green but I must say the olive ish colour of the power klaw ork being my favourite. I think I'm done with their skin and will move on the gums/teeth and all the rest. Anything I can improve on their skin or other changes?

Forgeworld Commissar. Just washed this dude. Going to finish him up with some final highlights next.

Group shot!
Commissar, his lieutenant, and the platoon standard bearer.

ah, tiny head man!

You should fluff them as an abhuman army

Good stuff. I didn't know it was a loyalist Rhino until I read your description. I like the marine popping out with the combi-weapon, too. That's a cool touch.

I agree--the olive skin is excellent. It looks more grim, cruel, and brutal than the normal orky green. And that's awesome.

HAH! I remember you pointing out their tiny heads a few /wip/ threads ago.
The valiant guardsmen of the Segontium Line Infantry regiments are decidedly NOT abhumans! They are loyal and dutiful imperial subjects ever since the Imperial Fists liberated them from degenerate Men of Iron during the Great Crusade. And they seek to serve the Emperor to the fullest by requesting that all tithed regiments be deployed in crusades to honor the debt they owe the Imperium for freeing them from their suffering.

Roose Bolton did nothing wrong

Anyone know of a good source for female torso and leg bits? Preferably GW or passable as GW. Was thinking Witch Aelves but they are pricey as shit.

Sisters of silence if you want them armored.

Maybe. They'll be Tzaangor/Kairic Acolyte-women so less armor would likely be best.

>Those teeth
Banjo/10

Seriously though that's top notch for a first model. You've overdone the highlights but that's pretty much all that's wrong with it. Well done!

Victoriaminiatures
Ex hobbyist turned gw turned ex gw who makes heaps of totally not gw parts. She has a slew of female parts.
Bad squiddo
Started as a place to sell mostly female minis and now starts getting sculptors to make exclusives, good source for finding alternative brands.

Bump because new thread; painting Raptors-y and got a few questions:
1. Which colour would you recommendations for the eyes?
2. Would you paint joints etc green or black?
3. Would you paint some parts of the metal, say backpack vents a metallic colour or stick with all metal being green?

>recommendations
Shit

Also, how would you base the model? Rocky? Muddy? Jungle-y?

Looking good user
New guy here, what/where is that model from?

>tabletop world

White women yearn to be with black men, the number of interracial pairings shown on TV that are White Woman / Black Man proves this.

Was that the blacksmith shop that got deleted? I didn't post it but why'd it get deleted? Blatant shilling?

the problem with that is that you're making taking out a project into a project onto itself, I just keep everything in a huge dump on my desk (with things to far down the backlog to be done immideatly put away in bags, that way I can just pick up a brush and whatever and get some work done.

I have no recommendations or pointers for painting, but please for the love of whatever you believe in, put some effort into basing.
I don't understand how people are happy with their *insert technical paint here* slathered bases, mud/mars/w.e.

Few simple sticks/grass tufts/leaves/puddles will do wonders for the look.
Also note color-schemes apply to bases too, e.g. dark miniature on a dark base will not show much on tabletop.

Been working on this tabletop world blacksmith. Still lots of work required

I deleted it as the photo had green lines on it so reposted

Yeah as do the ridiculously high divorce rates between white female black male relationships as well as the high amount of mulatto children being cared by single mothers and in orphanages right?

Exactly, and they ~love it~

I thought that was part of the paint job and now I'm disappointed. It was kind of like it was painted to try and capture the look of a night time scene with the blue tones and some very slight illumination around the windows and doors.

Cool, thanks user

Yeah

Yeah, I'll definitely get something going there, just gotta decide what kind of a biome I should have them in
So would you recommend a brighter base then? Bright-green/brown forest would obviously work camo-wise but it might be too much green.
Would paint tundra-ish but I've heard white is a pain to paint with

Oh alright, imo it looks great tho
Looking forward to seeing it with the wooden beams painted

Looks really really good.

From the top of my head: its fully casted in resin right? How expensive was it?

That looks freaking awesome.

Yep, they sure do, whatever you say

Not him but site says £52
They seem to have some pretty impressive stuff there, a shame there's nothing sci-fi-y

yeah, i went there myself in the meantime.
Those city gates... sadly that stuff is way above my budget.
Awesome nonetheless.

I want to see any Greyfaxes you have that don't use the default/standard colour scheme.

This kit came in 4 pieces. The interior is also equally detailed. The casting is amazing, I only ever found 3 air bubbles. Considering how details and how fine some of that detail is impressed me. I did not have to clean up the model nor any mold lines. I only had to give a quick clean to wash off the releasing agent.

tabletop-world.com

The company is Croatian and this model cost around £45. I will definitely be buying from them again.

Tundra doesn't need any white painted, just rocks/grasses with snow scattered about.
You can paint rocks blue-ish and grasses yellow/orange hues to compliment the marines.

White also isn't as bad as people make it, just start with a grey/brown/white primer and work with 2-3 coats.

It's better than my first model. Also agree that the highlights are a bit much, looks good on the bayonet though.

So I just got a bunch of the old snap fit marines they used for painting lessons from my local redshirt, and I wanna take the opportunity to practice and step up my painting game. Thing is, I actually don't know enough about painting to know what to practice. Basically at this point actually I really understand is base coat and then wash. What techniques are there that I should try, and where can I learnt them? Please help this brand spanking new retard /wip/ I just wanna improve.

love the image, can I save it?

Try to learn how to edge highlight or drybrush highlight.

Great first effort

Looking cool! Love the pallid tones

I'm a fan of the gilt trim on his coat. Never seen anything like that before

Probably red for the eyes? Joints definitely black, and metal all metal. Keep the casing only green

Okay, where can I learn to do that?

So I'm almost done with my first army ever painted (praetorian guard) and only have the highlights left
c&c pls?

Ugh kill me

nice try duncan

Thanks user, I'll try this then

I'd say prio is to learn how to thin, recess shade and edge highlight well, the rest comes as its needed.
Just practice on your models, compare them with others and see what you could improve then paint over. They'll end upp getting thicc after layers of paint but they're your practice models after all.

>Probably red for the eyes?
I'll try this. Seen Duncan do two different version, one where he painted red then made the 'lens' effect with White Scar and another where he painted the eye white and filled it with some red shade.. Which would you recommend? If it matters, I'm still pretty shaky.

>Joints definitely black
Will do

> and metal all metal
What? All my metal is currently green but if you see pic, Duncan painted some parts like 'unpainted metal', should I do the same?

Look at Duncan videos and just practice on your models. You'll get better by simply repeating the process and trying new things

Not sure what but something feels off, are they thicc?
Other than that, looking good
What's the deal with the weird bases?

I think it's because I didn't clean them properly, most are resin
also one of my white paints has been a bit gritty since i bought it
should I change it or are them all like that? do paint pots get bad batches?
Also the bases are just not done yet

thanks!

If I got one of them built and painted, tried a few new things, and then posted it here today, any chance I could get some specific feedback and pointers?

Try shaking your paint for shit-long and hope it solves it. Other than that, no idea.. I'm not that good myself, just trying to help out
Oh and I meant that some bases look different, obviously not finished yet but they've got a different shape

Yeah of course; just get a good picture and you'll have at least me responding.
No need to hurry it along, take the time it needs and come back once you've finished a step or two.

Just finished my dryads and branchwraith for my sylvaneth army.

What do you think about them?

Also, does anyone knows the dimnesions of a treelord? i need them for storage purposes

i tried shaking it for a fucking long time already, I'm really not sure anymore
I'll buy another pot to test
the bases I bought from the same site that sold me my conversion bits, because it game me free shipping and gw shit is expensive

Looking good but hard to really say anything without a better picture

Uh if I'm not mistaken I've heard paint can get gritty by getting damp or too thin, if you're sure it ain't either of those and there are relatively many grits in the paint, just return it

What brand? GW paint is notorious for drying up sooner than it should.

First mini I paint in a whole decade.
H-how did I do ?

Sorry to say, my camera is kind of shit.

you painted it upside down

White plus red glaze is generally much easier.

what kit?

When you resize it, size it according to image size in CM/inch instead of pixels/%.

And then just set the image size to roughly the size of the miniature. Helped for me

Seems you missed some of the mold line on that shoulder
Other than that, looks good, could use some more highlight imo, needs some contrast to pop

Res ain't that important, just get a good focus and light and I'll be happy

Nice, I'll try that thanks

Awesome IG regiment to fight Salamanders

cadian shock troops mixed with random bits from victoria miniatures

Finally done Death Guard at last! time to start playing now...

Probably gonna clean this guy up a bit more, I've noticed a few unpainted spots. What do you guys think?

1/2

Where did you get the piper?

2/2

Does the Citadel snow look good or should I make my own with baking soda and water?

Looks good but could use some cleaning up on that shade (see scar and by the brass-ish trim)