Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

How should we port catfolk and kitsune into Starfinder? Weaker races got boosts, so what should these get?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>what should these get?
A one way visit to the ships incinerator.

>roll a bard so I have a million class skills
>take the Meticulous trait/drawback so it's a non-issue
who /devilish/ here

May as well take the faggot shadow drawback that does nothing.

People who take non drawback drawbacks are the worst.

Is trying to get dex to damage ever worth it? If you want it on one weapon that is fine and easy.
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus(Slashing weapon)
Slashing Grace

Shorter if you don't mind Scimitars or a Cutlass
Weapon Finesse
Dervish Dance

But getting it for twf is more of a feat sink.
Example: 2 daggers
Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus(Daggers)
Slashing Grace
Two Weapon Fighting
(+1 Agile weapon x2)/ Two Weapon Grace

I mean if you do not play a class that can circumvent stuff like fighters, unchained rogues, rangers, etc it seems like an insurmountable climb.

Why is being a dex fag hard? Unless I am missing some easier methods.

Whoops, if you have agile, you do not need Slashing Grace,
So it would go

Weapon Finesse
Two Weapon Fighting
(+1 Agile weapon x2) total cost 16k gp

vs

Weapon Finesse
Weapon Focus(Daggers)
Slashing Grace
Two Weapon Fighting
Two Weapon Grace

One is feat intensive, the other is super expensive.

That means if you just want to one hand a dex weapon you just need
Weapon Finesse
(+1 agile weapon, 8k gp)

This would still come later due to money restrictions vs the feat path.

I've never written a background before; what's some inspiration for an Android Mechanic? What are books / movies where an android is the main character?

>Dex fag
>Hard

Well it depends on the setting I guess. If Androids are rare and you have awoken recently, you can literally have a blank slate and progress from there. An android learning how "to be". Or are androids suppressed and are the cliche slave race? "I am sentient, I am alive, we deserve rights." Or are androids the norm? Then you can literally have any normal background I suppose.

Blade Runner, i,Robot on the top of my head.

Speaking of androids, are SF androids totally unrelated to Androffan androids seen in golarion?
I skimmed through the books and there was no mention of Androffa in there.

Forgot to reply.

>How should we port catfolk and kitsune into Starfinder?
>Catfolk
I think we all know the answer.

All of the above. There was already a Citizen Rights movement for Androids, so they're accepted most places as free people. But there are also companies of ill repute who grow Androids and make them indentured slaves to work off the cost of their construction, and still worse places where they are just outright slaves.

Has there been a leak of the first AP yet?

>Blade Runner, i,Robot
those have androids in them, but an android is not the POV main character

I think I'd go for the 'learning how to be' aspect, but it feels edgy-teenager territory. I'd want to explore my humanity and alienness.

Debatably. I don't consider her crazy, but then, maybe I'm a little crazy myself.

I would like to believe that Sunny is a main character also with his own subplots.

Also you don't have to play it edgy-teenager, you can play it as a kid learning new things around him with child like wonder.

Ghost in the Shell. But that's more befitting an Operative than a Mechanic. If Tony Stark was a less charismatic cyborg, he'd make for a good Exocortex Mechanic. If you've played Shadowrun Hong Kong; Racter is a great Drone Mechanic.

Racter was 100% fucking crazy

How much does a familiar/pet cost without the class/magic aspect? What if I just want to buy a Psuedodragon or Dragon, Faerie as a fun pet to have?

It is the future man
You want cat girls? Just splice humans with cats
You want fox girls? Just splice humans with foxes.
What is stopping you from the mad science?

Yes, but he was aware of it.

That makes it even worse tho.

Not sure if that image is crab, lobster, or dragon, but it's definitely Zoanoid.

We shouldn't. We should let furries die on Golarion.

If a drawback does nothing, that's the GM's fault.

>His catgirls aren't warlike orky alien race ( has the right idea)
>His foxgirls aren't dick-ass Q wannabes

"A wizard/scientist did it" is boring as fuck, senpai.

Finding Vesk art is going to be tricky but not impossible

Not dragon, no third eye.

Not really. He's not aware in "haha look at how SOCIOPATHICOOL i am", he's aware in "welp, i'm broken, but i can at least try bringing the better world" way. The problem is that his better world isn't neccesarily better for everyone, but he's aware of that too.

Racter was the best character in the game. Way more interesting than the other companions.

What shadow drawback?

Umbral unmasking

......why does that shark have boobies?

Well if you get the right class it is easy as I have said. If you ever want to implement it in anything else it seems hard. Or are you saying it is just balls easy even with all these sinks? What if you want to make a cliche TWF Dex fag samurai?

But that is exactly what makes him even more dangerous than normal crazy. Normal crazy will probably only hurt himself, but Racter is able to function normally.

He is the kind of crazy scientist that can actually win.

>Tfw no Foxtits in space

What it do again?

There's always Gregole and variants.

Because humans are the trend setters and everyone wants to copy them.

Oh, worse in THAT way.

Yes, maybe. He's not very proactive, he's more content to inspire people, and, given it's Shadowrun, the future he wants is bound to happen, sooner or later.

Dragons2?

I give up, which game?

.....game, user?

Can't think why you'd go bragging about impregnating someone in /pfg/ unless it was a /pfg/ game.

>LG: Captain Slow, the All-Daddy
>LG: Sappy, the Guileful Mother
>NG: Wist, the Eternal Daughter
>NG: Protag, the Measured Voice
>CG: Sweagle, the Master of Memes
>CG: RgPI, the Spaghettied Queen
>LN: DHB, the Homebrewer Denied His Games
>LN: ???
>N: Ceri, the Source of Secrets
>N: SillyMe, the Raiser of Gods
>CN: Sleep, the Ever-Changing
>CN: Rory, the Foolish Wolf
>LE: Disk, the Deceitful Councilor
>LE: Broodie, the Master of Cabals
>NE: 2hu, the Banished Princess (male)
>NE: IKiD the Bringer of Lewds
>CE: Vult, the Weeping God
>CE: IDrive, the Vanishing Vagrant

>NG: Wist, the Eternal Daughter
Wist ain't NG bro

>NG: Protag, the Measured Voice
Shouldn't he be LG? He's so logical and methodical in his reasonings, not very NG at all.

>CN: Sleep, the Ever-Changing
But all his characters are basically the same guy, and all of them are LN or LG.

>LE: Disk
>LE: Broodie
Okay, one of these two is going to have to be Chaotic, because otherwise their insipid rivalry wouldn't make sense.

Does that make 2hu an elder god for being around before anyone else?

Add Tuvarkz as the other LN.

Are you reposting these for a specific purpose, or just because samefagging and shitposting is the only thing you have in your life?

no I just found it this morning and thought it was neat

>LN: Tuvarkz: the Noble Nodachi

Yes, which game, which campaign, is this part of. Surely you're not just talking of an IRL crazy, are you?

CN: Foxtits, the Devious Woman

Does the Demesne have Linnorms, Outer, Esoteric, or Primal dragons?

Likes humans too much so genemodded herself to be more like them!

this shall forever be known as the list of cancerous autists

>dead_actor_clown_agreement.gif

No. user is the elder god. 2hu is the retarded little gnome like creature that started hording user's extra-dimensional feces.

It also comprises almost the entire group of contributors to this general

>Implying furries won't populated most Roll20 campaign in their desire to be NotSpaceFox.

What do you bet that one will use a certain Star Fox character as their art?

How does Deadly Juggernaut and Fate's Favored interact?

How come only some gods were able to escape The Gap?
I mean Rovanug makes sense since he is stuck there
But what about the others

>really want to run a /pfg/ game
>no GMing experience
>no Roll20 experience
>market is oversaturated

Should I just give up on it?

Everytime you receive a +1 from Luck you actually get +2. So your Juggernaut bonuses will be +2 per slayed enemy up to +10

>market is oversaturated
Bamboozles don't count unless you're an attention whore

I admit it, I was a Falco secondary in Melee. Would you hate me less if you knew my main was Roy.

On a more serious note though: Who's hype for the 3rd party content that is coming to Starfinder to fix what Paizo inevitably won't? Also the fact that Paizo said they weren't going to update it often inevitably leading to them just copying 3rd party content that is produced at a faster rate and the ensuing rageboners that will be waggled all over the internet?

>not wanting to be their trusty if excitable grippli mechanic

FOX GET THIS GUY OFF ME

Grippli are cute. They deserve better than slippy.

Sell us the game concept!

I don't think the market is oversaturated, ther'es just been lots of bamboozles recently. Sell us on your pitch, user!

People who are similar often hate each other for that reason. I think it's poetic

Not going to lie, an impartial Godmaker deity sounds kind of sweet.

I've got a few, actually,
>Mythic RotRL
>Campaign using In the Company of Giants where everyone is either a giant or one of the giant-kin races
>Everyone is apprenticed to a jackass mage and is trying to schmooze up to him using Spheres and Strange Magic
>Lovecraft Lite where everyone is a cultist

None of them have been fully though out yet, though.

>>Mythic RotRL
I'd take it.

currently recruiting games are:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/83277/the-fiends-and-intrigues-of-house-karvane (ends in one day) - intrigue, intrigue, intrigue
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles (ends in one week) - lewd AP, allegedly not a bamboozle
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason (ends in one week) - rationalist spin on Hell's Rebels AP
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers (ends in one month and a half) - kill gods, be mythic

Mythic RotRL sounds like a lot of fun.

Does your character wear a codpiece?

>Mythic RotRL

I like it!

>But all his characters are basically the same guy, and all of them are LN or LG.

Nah see, it represents how pfg can't make up their minds whether or not they like Sleep. Sometimes he's great, sometimes he's the worst thing to ever happen.

Why are that bunny's teeth OUTSIDE his fucking mouth? It bugs me a lot.

Because some artists are morons.

Hence why it's a hellbunny!

I think he's pretty nice

Can you play a martial artist in starfinder? im assuming there's gotta be some way to turn a soldier into spike spiegel, right?

Not really.
There's no unarmed option that scales well into lategame - every single option falls behind weapons.

Tell me more about Mythic RotRL!

What's RotRL? What would Mythic add onto it?

>bugs

I see what you did there

You could always forward-port Monk. With the changes to attributes, it's actually quite decent now.

Well it looks like Mythic RotRL is the favored son here. If I did end up running it (which is a big if, considering I've never GMed before) it wouldn't reach the power level of WotR and the PCs would gain tiers fairly slowly, maybe maxing out at 6-ish.

Rise of the Runelords. Frankly adding Mythic is just a personal thing, as the campaign runs fine on its own without it. It's just be neat to give the PCs some cool toys.

Rough idea for Ctarl-Ctarl race in SF:
+2 Str, +2 Dex, -2 Wis
Low-light vision
For the Beast Form, a 1/day ability mechanically similar to a PF barbarian's Rage, plus gaining increased unarmed damage.
I'm thinking the full transformation would be a racial feat that could give a Change Shape similar to a lycanthrope.

Thoughts?

Bugs... The carrots...

You can do it! You should go set up the roll20 page right now so that you can't just flake because you're scared!

Is the lack of a consistent economy the biggest flaw in Starfinder?

Grenades seem to be extremely expensive, Serums are vastly preferable to Medkits despite being requiring no skill and being re-useable, Batteries have weird mechanics prone to abuse, Starships are straight up left out of the purview of credits because they couldn't make them work.

Should we just re-write the entire section relating to cash, gear and ships?

>Should we just re-write the entire section relating to cash, gear and ships?

Only if we include ways to actually make money, like mining lasers or refineries or even an expanded Trade Goods list.

That said, do you guys think Paizo will actually include that stuff in later books? I guess bitching about the lack of industry is like bitching about the lack of Trade in RotRL-era Pathfinder.

The game is about killing and exploring for money. I don't think they'll ever include a decent means of earning money through trade.

That sounds too good to be real, anyone else can share some light into this matter?

You don't have a shadow or your shadow is that of a terrifying monster.

How am I supposed to satisfy my economic autism outside of Spreadsheet Simulator?

I think the game would have worked a lot better if they'd established that some things just simply don't have value as individual items (Like grenades and potions). You are buying the rights/blueprints to produce them on your own ship.