/40kg/:

Smug imperium edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

>Konor Campaign: Glorious victory for the imperium!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qf8_tn7lBIc
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Mortarion disappoints me. I don't collect CSM, but I want all the primarchs to be cool releases. Magnus did a god job of impressing.
Mortarion is just fucking small and looks like a generic death guard character. He's only 1.5 x the size of a normal Death Guard marine, which I know are bigger than regular marines and almost primaris size, but not greatly impressive. Just seems this guy is about the size of a Lord of Contagion, just elevated off the ground.

The only thing remotely daemonic is the wings, which is something a normal Chaos Lord could take up until 6th edition. I do like the insectoid style it does work, however older art when he had the grim reaper theme going had with with angelic wings to give that stark contrast which was pretty cool.
I expected a tall, bloated monstrosity.
I know in the lore, not all daemon princes grow into huge hulking figures... but come on, this is a daemon primarch. We haven't had a little daemon prince model in 40k since Doomrider.
I'd happily let someone proxy a larger more imposing model / conversion. This is just a large guy in power armor, not even very mutated at all.The only thing that says he;s mortarion is his gas-mask and scythe.

I've used the DG model that seems to be placed most in line with him for scale. The Lord of contagion seems to be further behind Mortarion so isn't a good example for scale since he's smaller in the background.

You realise he is a way behind the comparison model in that pic right?

i can kinda understand your gripe about morty not being much mutated but its him.

Mortarions deal is that he doesnt like chaos all that much, he wasnt willing in all that heresy stuff but kinda just rolled with it and he probably denies most of the gifts, papa nurgle offers him.

What started as a stupid idea ended up becoming a stupid conversion

CHAD THUNDERFIRE, PRIMARIS TECHMARINE

HE CAN BENCH A LANDRAIDER WITH EACH SERVO ARMS, AND HIS BACKPACK GETS MTV

What torso and legs did you use for it?

he's already big enough to be an enormous pain in the ass to transport anywhere

>not chad thundercog

Mortarion's model is actually too hulking. He is supposed to be very skeletal, like he is wasting away. Which is what happened before he gave into Nurgle.

The Chaplain, with a Skitarii head, a backpack made from the radio antenna off a Dunecrawler and arms made from Kataphron Breacher claws and servo arms.

>morty gets disgustingly resilient
If he has any kind of IWND ability you can say goodbye to balance. What little 8e has anyways

Tiny head is tiny

Good. The game already has enough fuckhuge models. Smaller models puts more emphasis on using terrain thus making the game more interesting. Nobody wants a line if magnus sized primarchs lining up on one side if the board shooting at the stationary imperial knights lined up on the other side of the board. Guilliman is as big as a model should get. If anything I say mortarion is still too big.

That actually looks fucking radical.
Reminds me of a Techno-Barbarian

the huge fucking up 8th ed

Trying to build fluff for a homebrew chapter, when did Necrons first appear in the Imperium?

I wanted to have the chapter's home world be a fringe tomb world and because of that they're very experienced fighting the Necrons. But that doesn't work if they've existed since M35 and the Become haven't been active until M40.

He is almost as exactly described in Dark Imperium which is the last iteration of the fluff, like it or not. If it doesn't fit your headcanon you can suck it up. Also in you can see the actual proportions which fit pretty well.

Lads I really want to collect Orks but they're so old. Is there a way of building a decent sized army without relying too much on the not so great looking boyz?

>not chad thundercock

it's almost exactly the same size hood as reapermarine usually has, I was honestly surprised.

I actually quite like the look of a tiny cyberhead, it makes the armour look bulkier.

Where you get that big Cannon in the lower left?

Might make a good Conversion Beamer bit.

youtube.com/watch?v=qf8_tn7lBIc

Wen Techno-Barbarian Army Geedubs?

When Age of strife game!

Keep in mind that Magnus is the tallest of all the Primarchs so it'd make sense that he's smaller than Mortarion. Even in deamon form, he should be only like an inch or so taller that Girlyman

Nope, he's pretty much at the same depth on the photo. The lighting helps define this. Look at the one I picked out compared to the rest of the squad.

You can tell by lighting that the lord of contagion is quite far behind Mortarion. Our example model is just underneath on the ground instead of the elevated platform.

I was expecting more tall and stretched out. Gaunt, but large. A bit smaller than magnus, because he was always the biggest. More exposed flesh and robed after growing out of his power armor.

Plus Magnus can make himself fuckhuge at will anyway.

You can run an army of more or less anything you want using spearhead, vanguard and whatever the hell the fast attack detachment was called if you want to avoid taking lots of troops

>Magnus is the tallest of all the Primarchs
>it'd make sense that he's smaller

holy fuck Im a retard

It's the Breacher Claw from the Kataphron kit, which is an absolute bitz goldmine if you want insane John Blanche style conversion stuff.

Who would win in a fight between agrax earthshade and nuln oil?

Nuln oil but since my army wears silver armour and has silver tanks it's more or less a God Emperor send.

Compare him to his FW model, Guilliman is far smaller than I thought he would be IRL, I thought he was knight sized, but no just above a terminator

They don't call it miracle mud for nothing

9th edition predictions?

>Primaris marines fully cuck manlets who are phased out of the fluff
>Girlyman and his primaris are unironically the good guys leading the noble Imperium against chaos + NPC races.
>Primarch added as a compulsory option in the force organisation chart.
>Manlets off store shelves entirely replaced by primaris
>Rules further simplified , no cover, no morale, no bs/ws just 'to hit' , no saving throws as ap is confusing, no move stats
>points removed entirely, full switch to power
>Some people complain but eventually everybody bends over and resumes the position
>Hailed as the greatest edition ever
>ETA 1 year.

Seraphim Sepia

HERESY

Are you one of those cucks who complained that making XCOM actually playable was 'dumbing it down'

St. Duncan of thinned paints favourite paint out of all of them is Agrax so ill trust his decision

reddit . com / r / Grimdank/comments/5so3gl/i_am_duncan_rhodes_ask_me_anything/ddgj39c/

For The Seraphiserperor

They've been moving towards "take whatever the fuck units you want" for years now and you really think there's going to be compulsory LoWs?

Pull your head out of your ass. The game is the best it's been in three editions even if the lore is stupid.

I guess all the people who played original XCOM/TFTD and rightly considered it a great game don't exist?

nuXCom was casual shit, the old game was fine.

New codex when?

does someone have the path of the eldar omnibus pdf ?
or dark imperium ?

got you fambalam

Soon

well ?

Girlyman , Magnus and now mortarion are basically already compulsory if your opponent is also running an equivalent model unless you like losing everygame . It's just the next step.

Had a terrible realisation as to why my army was so slow, only had a few games in.

I was measuring my distance in centimetres, while my opponents and the game is intended for inches.

What sort of barbarian Brits/Burgers designed this shit and why hasn't it been updated to reflect common sense. Fucking fuming at this. If I'd known I might not have supported the hobby to begin with.

Pic related is my guys, if anyone wants them I'll put em up on the bay.

seems like it wont let me attach it

posting pdfs doesnt always work for me for some reason

this has to be bait

It's a pasta

This meme is stale but here is a (you)

Are White Scars my best choice if I want to play Space Marines that employ Tau strategy and GLORIOUS MELEE COMBAT ?

What minis would you guys use for the minor xenos like tarellians?

> Every day I discover a new obscure alien race that has been in 40k since fucking forever.

Magnus looks terrible - like huge cheep toy - warped Ken without Barbie. Mortarion at least looks cool and I will collect DG becouse of him (and the fact that I have some from DI starter set).

I predict that in a year you still cant afford 40K and shitpost in the interwebz instead of finding a job.

Agrax is amazing.

You can literally spray an entire Deathguard army black. Drybrush castellan green and then wash in agrax and they're done.

To be fair there are a bunch that have barely had any mention since Xenology. Also there's a bunch from like RT or 2nd that GW doesn't care about anymore.

>Implying I don't shitpost at work
>Implying I'm not being paid to shit post right now
>Implying I don't already have 4 40k armies.

I met a guy who genuinely didn't know Dark Eldar were a thing

6/10 bait, needs some extra sauce to turn it into good pasta.

I'm tempted to start DG myself, the models look fantastic. I'll decide when the codex and the rest of the new DG are out.

When Chaos loses, the Veeky Forums tears will sustain me for weeks, maybe even months. I shall descend upon this board like a wolf upon a lamb, and bask in the unending impotent rage that this board will pump out. I will gaze upon the suicide threads and rage posts, and drink deep of their whining. When they actually start livestreaming their own suicides and self-mutilation, I'll know true ecstasy. I dont think my penis will ever be harder than it will be when a million chaostards cry out in itty bitty chaos boi penis fury simultaneously. They'll try to convince themselves it was a rigged campaign. They'll try to convince themselves that GW had pulled a fast one on them. We will riot! They will say. Boycott! Death to the false emperor! they will cry. Time will pass, and they will do nothing because they only talk. They are too cowardly and weak to do anything. But best of all, none of their bitching will balm the pain of knowing that their faction, their armies, will go down in history as an embarrassment, as an amusing footnote at best, as the loud obnoxious assholes who lost to the IMPERIUM. The entire 40k community KNOWS that the Imperium is filled with literal children, that it's practically on average underage, intimidated Xenosfags into silence, and its vicrtory will surely be mired in constant scandals and ethical breaches. But all this only drives home just how little the 40k community think of Chaos. After all their bullshit, their cheats, their lies, they STILL see the Imperium as being superior to Chaos. When the denizens of Veeky Forums come to this realization, they shall know true, soul-crushing, all-encompassing despair. Exquisite shall be their pain. I will look into their eyes and watch their spirit break, and won't reach my climax a moment sooner.
I need to fap.

Beastmen/Lizardmen

I wish FW would get off their arse and do something cool, like make at least a miniature or two for some of those cool xenos.

Hello there Alpharus, long time no see.

Slaanesh is that you?

The Officio Culinae must've worked hard on this.

Looks like a cool chapter. Do those guys have any story behind them?

I wish GW just did a kit of Minor Xenos, they don't even need rules just 1 off box

>Not playing a battle with 10 Warlord titans per side.
Get out plebian.

So some people have the new chaos marine dex, can i ask
>Do chosen get any changes?
>what are the cost of the new PM gear?
>Do warpsmiths have many options?

>Using plebbit
Fuck of newfag.

can't you assassinate the shit out of them with snipers ? i've got a few transuranic arquebuses with my skits

>already compulsory
Just play 1k games man so much more fun

>reddit has Duncan
>Veeky Forums got Carnac

:thinking:

Please stop posting this, it's gone so stale you could repackage it and sell it in TESCOS for £1

Manlets barely one step above Imperial women confirmed.

Just bring a Warlord Titan to win the Dick-swinging contest.

we also have cheetah user and raptors user
I say we win

>waaah company do what I want that like 20 people will buy rather than keep on working on updating Horus heresy to 8th Ed

Why the fuck does the Chadmarine Rhino have so many fucking guns anyway. It's meant to be a transport GW, not a Super Heavy.

Get the cancer that is 8th edition fisher price wargaming away from a real game like Heresy.

He went on /AMA/ that's not reddit, it's its own thing, otherwise you would post ebin memes about peter Dinklage on Reddit

Are any of the HH books worth it in the like last 15-20 releases? I haven't read anything since like around Fear to Tread I think, I got out of 40k but I'm coming back.
Any of those Primarch books any good?
I know I know, >BL good
I enjoy the reads

>waaah company do what I want that like 20 people will buy rather than keep on working on updating Horus heresy to 8th Ed
Horus Heresy is staying 7e

Where can I find the point costs for muh marines? All I see in the codex are power values ._. ?

>thinking 7th ed was better when no one played it properly because they assumed it was 6th ed
>posting an image for ants
I bet you didn't even play the heresy before plastic kits came out

>they assumed it was 6th ed
Was there even a difference?

Primarch books are good
But Magnus is about pertuabo because graham mcneil is the GOAT, master of mankind is essential but not fun reading
Know no fear is good
Unrembered empire and Pharos are needed to ship DantiochXPollux

Because it's like 300pts

Magnus has 18 wounds so you don't need snipers to target him.

Gdubs needs to sell their shitty models somehow.

Pretty much everyone at my club has agreed they don't care if primaris models go into rhinos /Razorbacks/ landraiders etc.

>thinking it wont update eventually and they're just trying to balance it ATM because points were different between the two let alone power
In the back, check the table of contents next time

Its fucking mad that this is only 10 Power Points to field.

Exactly, this was the cause of so many misplays
Can terminators jump in razorbacks as well?