40K Gen

Work time in BongLand edition

>The " well i thought it was good" DG teaser
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8
>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

you're a bit late

Reposting from the last thead:

So some people have the new marine dex, can i ask
>Do chosen get any changes?
>what are the cost of the new PM gear?
>Do warpsmiths have many options?

>didnt link from the old thread
fuck you budddy

TANKS! Whats your favourite , tg, and why?

Also post your tanks

When Chaos loses, the Veeky Forums tears will sustain me for weeks, maybe even months. I shall descend upon this board like a wolf upon a lamb, and bask in the unending impotent rage that this board will pump out. I will gaze upon the suicide threads and rage posts, and drink deep of their whining. When they actually start livestreaming their own suicides and self-mutilation, I'll know true ecstasy. I don’t think my penis will ever be harder than it will be when a million chaostards cry out in itty bitty chaos boi penis fury simultaneously. They'll try to convince themselves it was a rigged campaign. They'll try to convince themselves that GW had pulled a fast one on them. We will riot! They will say. Boycott! Death to the false emperor! they will cry. Time will pass, and they will do nothing because they only talk. They are too cowardly and weak to do anything. But best of all, none of their bitching will balm the pain of knowing that their faction, their armies, will go down in history as an embarrassment, as an amusing footnote at best, as the loud obnoxious assholes who lost to the IMPERIUM. The entire 40k community KNOWS that the Imperium is filled with literal children, that it's practically on average underage, intimidated Xenosfags into silence, and its victory will surely be mired in constant scandals and ethical breaches. But all this only drives home just how little the 40k community think of Chaos. After all their bullshit, their cheats, their lies, they STILL see the Imperium as being superior to Chaos. When the denizens of Veeky Forums come to this realization, they shall know true, soul-crushing, all-encompassing despair. Exquisite shall be their pain. I will look into their eyes and watch their spirit break, and won't reach my climax a moment sooner.
I need to fap.

Waiter my pasta is stale, please fetch me a fresh batch

Magnus buffs when?

you gave him a you. you made his life complete.

I like Mortarion.

Thunderfire Cannons use their own BS instead of the Techmarine Gunner's, right?

And they were delicious! :D

fuck you dad you couldn't tell me what to do at nikea and you can't now

Any thoughts on pulse carbines vs rifles for tau strike teams? Trying to decide how to build my guys

Rifles
Always rifles

We all knew what happened when you did not listen to me you fucking ketchup on discount.

Quick battle report for you guys! I'll just give you the highlights

First game in a very long time; haven't played since 3rd ed.

Showed up to the local GW with my 1000pts/50PL of Dark Eldar and asked if there was anyone about who wanted to show me the ropes and a good fellow brought his Iron Warriors up for the challenge. We played the new scenario for Nethamus, me as attacker and him as defender because it fit our armies.

I both underestimated and overestimated Dark Eldar shooting; a squad of IW in the open evaporated in one turn, but when it came to trying to force them out of the trenches my splinter weapons mostly bounced off them.

My 9 man Reaver squad with Painbringer was MVP, shrugging off bolter fire like it was nothing and eventually taking down the Vindicator. My Archon got to do very Dark Eldar things; taking off the last wound of the Chaos Lord (ie stabbing him in the back when he was wounded) and then tanking a bunch of bolter and plasma fire with his Shadowfield and then running off the table as soon as possible once it failed.

All in all was a fun match and a good reintroduction to the game, looking forward to getting some more in soon. I forgot about Power From Pain all the damn time though; next time I play I'm going to try out my modest Dred Mob list and see how they pan out.

Carbines are superior to Rifles in only two specific situations: When the Strike Team advances, or when they are firing at a target within 18" but over 15"

Since you won't have much need to ever advance the unit with rifles, since they'll almost always be in range of enemies, and that 3" pocket range is ignorably small, rifles are usually the best bet.

Here is the problem child, for those interested.

Is it just the issue of range? I'm new to tau.

Ah okay thank you for the detailed 'why'.

Thanks for the free puke.

Very nice. got a better pic of your army?

>Being THIS MUCH of a thursty beta
phew lad, Just stop

already the corruption grows

It's annoying, I purposely built a FW unit with carbines last edition because I felt my army was becoming a gunline, and people hate playing gunlines. So I did up a devilfish-carbine squad to go forwards and try to pin stuff, and generally make the game more interesting for my opponent. But now that squad's pretty shitty. Dagnabit.

>Renegade chapters can Advance an Charge
Oh Boy, flamer bikes, here i come

I'm guessing you're an American, because Europeans aren't scared of women showing skin

Couldn't you use a file or sandpaper of some sort to get the 'goosebumps' off?
I kinda like it

That table's terrain setup is awfu-
>We played the new scenario for Nethamus
Never mind.

New codex when?

Are there any downsides to running Plague Marines in units of 7?

Under-limit units or something?

Yeah we know that Europe is a marxist shithole. Stop reminding us.

Was it the primer that did that, or your THICC paints later? If it was the primer, and said primer was from GW, there's stories of people getting replacement models when the primer fucks them up.

Naa m8, a bonger, just not so pathetic i need to model nudey thighs onto a 40k mini

Sorry but stripping is the only option for her.

nope.

T'was the primer.
I haven't touched it in a long time, so that's probably why.
I'm on pretty friendly terms with my local black shirts, so I may just ask them about a replacement.

Otherwise
Yeah, I just hope the green stuff sticks. Gotta do the twins again too.

Schweet.

Trying to decide which Traitor Legion to sink my money into. Tossing up between Black Legion, Iron Warriors, Red Corsairs, Emperor's Children and Thousand Sons.

Which do I go anons? Whoever's suggestion ends with 0 I will go with.

>Sisters of Fattle

If I get infected with a deadly disease but sexually get off on the immense agony and torment I am "suffering" am I Nurglite or Slaaneshi?

Alpha Legion

Undivided.

A few other highlights; both my Sslyth got killed by lucky overwatch meltagun shenanigans before they were able to reach combat; my scourges killed one biker and got stomped; the IW player used the strategem that let his Vindicator fire twice in a turn to trash my Raider; I stayed longer on the field than necessary with my Reavers just to take it out in revenge. Speaking of which, the Reavers alternated falling back and shooting their blasters and splinter rifles and other times staying in combat to avoid enemy fire. Definitely MVPs, with a final splinter rifle salvo being all that finished off the Vindicator.

Afraid not, I meant to take more pictures over the course of the battle but I quite forgot about it. This is the only other one I have, I'll try to take more next time.

Yeah, we initially had a lot more terrain in the middle but the scenario called for us to clear it away. Its alright, I'm sure I'll have plenty of battles in more dense terrain in the future.

The BBC marines
Slaaneshi marines obsessed with racemixing

Ugly Ducklings

which models do you like best is a better way to decide. But if you can't

Go Thousand sons.

Undivided has a very generic stigma to it, save for the Word Bearers.

How does this make you feel?

Go be bitter with the Iron Warriors

Needz moar dakka/10

Emperors Children, but I'd accept Black Legion too.

Nonchalant at NPCs
Makes me why you even help the Imperium.

Jealous my orks probably won't look that good.

Nostalgic for I2 jokes

like all black library books should be written form an orks perspective.

Also paint your boyz teef

Which ones are the ugly ducklings though?

I like them all equally desu, hence why I'm in this predicament.

Okay so obviously this is a bait post and am I'm giving you what you want but I'm not entirely sure what the point you were trying to make was.
Cause I'm reading it as you are frightened of lady skin, which is funny and a little sad but I'm not sure if that's what you were trying to convey

Would you like to try again or do you think it would be a good idea to cut your losses now?

>every post i don't like is bait and every poster i don't like is gay
Yeah yeah we get it you're butthurt, shoo shoo degenerate. You'll get your free heli ride later.

Chaos Blood Ravens aka The Fallen and remind everyone they are canon. Bound to piss off the elitist prick types.

Ok EC have shit models and need update. BL have old models and need update. IW are cool but models need update, red corsairs barely exist anymore and have old models.

Tsons have very nice new spiffy models. They will also get their own dex. That's how I would decide.

Iron Warriors should get an update that looks similar to their updgrade pack on the website

Rule 15, brony

Is there a reason I would want a Leman Russ over a trio of basilisk artillery carriages?

Nearly the same price, more wounds, and can take orders for bring it down in exchange for a 4+ save and a backfield immobile position.

Honestly with their 4+ I would want them tucked in the back anyways. They have a 12 foot range with no minimum anymore, and can even fire it on overwatch if they ever needed to.

I'll just keep the pressure on the midfield with my Chimeras and Centaurs to discourage focusing them out

>Pre-Heresy Thousand Sons
>Sons of Malice
>Alpha Legion
>Iron Warriors
>The Purge
>Dragon Warriors

And you pick the most generic lame ass affiliation..

Or Black Legion, or Iron Warriors, or Night Lords.

They need to update the base line chaos marines before I would bother.

Man, them and furries always manage to fuck up everything.

>Black Legion

Go away GW

If I were to go IW, I'd use the MK3 Marines

I actually don't mind the old CSM sculpts that much, apart from the moldlines. I was putting some together the other day and I'd forgotten how much worse moldlines are on the older kits.

>Not using the bat-helmets for Night Lords

GW... why?

>le /pol/ is so retarded maymay
I wish /pol/tards and /leftypol/ false-flaggers would go and stay go

>i know, he disagrees with me, he must be a shill
Newsflash: the only boards on Veeky Forums leftypol care about are /pol/, /bant/ and /int/. Take your Hirschfeldian shit elsewhere, degenerate.

Khorne is all about that glorious bloodshed and feeling good about mass murder, also decking your armor out with embolized brass and skulls, and spikes to the max. BUT IT'S TOTALLY NOT SLAANESHI GUYS I SWEAR.

kek

liking bat helms

its cool to see painted armies. And reavers are too sexy.

>They need to update the base line chaos marines before I would bother.
I don't understand this sentiment. I like how the baseline chaos marines look. They have simple but evocative look, and are really flexible. What aren't you happy with?

You know, I'm flattered you guys have such a thriving dispute because of my model, but please, do stop now. It's getting ridiculous.

Not him, but I actually like some of the spins they've put on the the Black Legion over the years; especially the idea that its got cults to every god in its ranks and its only held together by the brute force of its leadership, gives you a fluffy way to take lots of cult units; also the idea that its a mix of desperate renegade scrubs from other chapters and legions who have painted their armour black in an attempt to start again and hyperelite top tier world destroyers, with a big gulf between the two

Sounds cool, you fucking heretic

Virgin sex addicts don't get to talk, sweetie. Come back when you've finished puberty.

>Being ok with a lack of variety among the Traitor Legions
Either a SM fanboi or GW shill, possibly both.

not liking bat helmets

So a scout biker sergeant can move 16 inches per turn whilst firing three bolters, a shotgun and a flamer.

What are you doing with your life?

So apparently the 40k roleplaying game isn't dead. Or its getting reboot and takes place during/after dark imperium.

ulisses-us.com/wrath-glory/

Building Death Korps, actually. So about as far from heresy as the emperor himself. Placeholder image while my German 88mm flak guns are in transit.

I bet you'd enjoy my sisters of the thorn centaurs as well.

>Daily reminder that Cato Sicarius is trapped in the warp and is going to be corrupted by Slaanesh

I would love to see a close-up of that Ork in that Mech (In the left).

Long ago I built a full chaos army with those kits. So been there done that. Also I really like the new thousand sons kits. I would prefer something equivalent. Plus the change feels inevitable.

Curze was right to hate his sons.

No sweetie, being a thirsty beta is not a bragging point on the internet.

Itty bitt Typhus went marching down the street~

Ulisses is now doing the warhammer rpg?
Color me intrigued.

He is, but during the book 'Dark Imperium' he's fine, it happens after his trapping.

Maybe it's The Changeling though.

Well then, well met brother.

Also, enjoy assembly those fucks. I have 40 DKK stormtroopers that still need assembly, 15 engineers and like 6 hvy wep teams.

Life is pain

Along came an Imperial Space Marine and shot-him-in-the-face-with-a-disintegration-gun-dealing-two-6-damage-wounds-thatkilled-him-winning-me-the-game~