Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1668: Super high School Level Jumper Edition

Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Multithreading engaged!

If the jump perk describes only one use of a cannon ability is it safe to assume other uses of said ability are fiat enforced in other universes?

Asking about World Seed's Aura Surgery in particular, interaction with the other aura changing perks specifically

Please forgive me for fucking up the OP. I am terrible.

The picture says all.

Given you seem to just apologise but not actually do anything, I notice you never change the really broken perks in your OC jump, the sorries are starting to wear very thin.

Drawbacks: I Survive For A Chance At Living, Two Great For You, Worlds Wide War (1600)

Aristoteles: Type-Sun, age 4.6 billion, celestialsexual (800)

Bridging the Worlds (Free)
Beloved (700)
Feathers of God (500)
Ultimate One (200)
Canon: ORT (0)

>zzzzzzzzz

ORT? ORRRRRRT, wake up!

>ZZZ-zh!

WAKE UP, SLEEPYHEAD!

You woken up yet? Wouldn't want to interrupt your beauty sleep, you just /outslept the extinction of humanityt/. Gaia may be an indecisive mollusk, but you're no better if you don't jolly well stop lying in bed and get a real job! I swear, first you crashed into the planet before we finished our battle plans, THEN you fall asleep after a bedtime snack! It's like you're TRYING to be the Umaru of Aristoteles-kohais. WAKE UP, It's time to wipe out to humanity!

Except you know, we're not actually doing that. I've been having a word with the (boys and the [avatars of{Planet}World} progeny} and it's hard enough doing humansplaining, AND figure out what those geological anomalies I'm detected are.

>sccccchrch~!?

Who fell down a well? ORT, you're breaking up on my end. Look, I'll be there in a jiffy, I'm just lifting my tentacles out of the mantle. Hang on, I'll look into the future to-

The Mercurians lived a cursed life. That which man called the sun beat down upon them, straining their silvery exoskeletons and silicon nerves to their limit. Their home was a cloying prison that melted under their footsteps, and poisoned even their impossible immune systems. Then their best scientists had detected a weapon that could kill planets: Humanity

>SKREEEEONK!

Son of a brown dwarf-are those insolent peons FRACKING you against your will?! I'll kill them! I'LL WIPE THEIR STAIN FROM THE UNIVERSE.

But as I hurtle toward the surface of Mercury, I hear the others screaming in pain.

(Cont'd)

WAKE UP. YOU HAVE A JOB TO DO.

Godo woke in darkness. As he rubbed his eyes, his old world appeared before him-running water, fresh air, beautiful blue skies. Was that fresh food he smelled? Unbidden, a tear came to his eye as he looked at-

YOUR PAYMENT.

TOO MANY, TOO EXOTIC. THEY NOW HAVE PLANETARY KILLSWITCHES. ACTIVATE YOUR WEAPON, I MUST RECALIBRATE THE SYMPATHIC LINK TO PREVENT COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

Dreamily he nodded, only for the scene to melt before his eyes. He cried out involuntarily.. A dim, gray light appeared before him. He had a job to do. Right. Like he'd done a thousand times before, the gun was in his hands. He fired it. The beam split at the moment of impact, like sunlight scattering on a babbling brook.

He missed the living world already.

GOOD. Eden restored, and he gasped like a swimmer coming up from here. PACE YOURSELF. TIME IS RELATIVE.

The scene faded, and the grey light appeared again. He took aim, fired, and it came back. Sometimes he thought he saw strange creatures within the light. A herd of flying jellyfish in a burning storm. A seafaring spaceship crewed by giant worms. An army of roaches that walked like men.

The gun dropped from numb fingers as the scene finally returned once again. He dimly realised if this was a dream, he was thinking clearer than he'd thought while awake. Tears filled his eyes when he remembered it was, in fact, a dream.

I KNOW YOUR PAIN WELL. WOULD YOU LIKE TO GO BACK?

Back? To a dying world with no place for him? Godo tried to say something, but the words died in his mouth and only sobs came out. His mysterious employer responded anyway; there was a flash of light and Godo found himself touching Yoyogi Park's greenery in earnest. There was a briefcase and a set of keys next to him. Happy tears filled his eyes.

As he set off with a spring in his step, he momentarily regretted not saying goodbye to the strange girl who'd broken into his house.

(Cont'd)

Hey /JC/ what would happen if I use a instant-feeling perk and three seduce perks on the phoenix force ?

So I have been thinking on Castlevania what are my odds if magical energy is huge and I pump Dracula full of holy magic

>starting to wear very thin
>starting
It couldn't get any thinner if it was made from beaten gold

Anyway, with Notes done, The Circumstances Leading to Waltraute's Marriage is up next. Also short so could be done 2-3 days from now. Norse Myth shit and stuff.

Grand Order is chugging along nicely. Might even have the stage 1 done by the end of the week or sooner.

Konosuba will just be whenever. Probably in the time after GO but beofre I start DI.

So many jumps to make, so little time.

"Boss! Boss, wake up! I mean, no rush but...could you give me a hand? I've fallen, and I can't get up without...you know"

And I do. It's Type-Venus. Her insights were instrumental in dissuading the others. Disengaging from the dream dimension, I look around from my human avatar's eyes: A-ray and Liner alike stare askance at the skies. The others are reeling from both the terrorist species' suicidal attack and their subsequent chemotherapy. This body is effectively the Type of a Type; my greater avatar is busy restoring health to his peers and thunderously declaring an end to hostilities. I not-so-subtely insinuate that you Earthlings should never trust any xeno scum once they abandon the planet, since almost all the races attacked out of ambition not pity.

Reversing the damage required flushing the True Ether out of V's system. By the time I'd biokinetically resculpted her function, confused Liners were already charging in our general direction. We coasted through the stratosphere just barely ahead of Ado Edem's cleave, like a couple of hillbillies with a stolen moonshine still. As we leave, I toss an overcharged Benediction of Archgenesis over my shoulder.

Atop her other self V/V quizzed me on human beauty tips, while my Aristoteles form carried an exhausted, sleepy ORT in it's claws. Apparently the other species had no concept of fashion, so that took almost as long as it did taking everybody home to their native planets to sleep off the effects.

V winced when she saw what was left of the species. "Are they...?"

Doomed to extinction? No, just reduced to the stone age. And in danger of turning into salt if they don't play nice this time.

"Oh good". She stared wistfully back to the Land of Steel. "In a few generations, I should like to visit again. I saw what you did just before they left, do you think friendship could bloom off the battlefield?"

"Kkkkkkkrrrrghsh!" said ORT grumpily.

"Oh hush, most of them didn't even want to wake you up"

>FIN

What jump is this ?

I thought the lowercase high was intentional to indicate some double meaning was at play. Like we were both a Super-High School-Jumper, and a Super High-school Jumper. I feel betrayed.

No, he's STILL apologising for fucking up the other thread.

I am glad you noticed the jokes though.

Notes, which is made by and linked to the first post

Pass me that when you're done getting Super high, School jumper.

Aaaaay, thanks for the thread OP.

Puff jump pass, I know the motto.

Angel Notes ?

The wiki calls Grain "space dust" but then says it is "generated from the dead planet" yet on another page it says "Supposedly, Grain is the base component of all heavenly bodies".

So... let me see if I've got this straight:

Gaia creates a reality marble that keeps out Grain (for reasons?!); the world's flora and fauna have to struggle to survive due to the lower-energy environment, so the intelligent fauna (humanity) adapt by developing technology.

Gaia then doesn't communicate with humanity to warn them about the dangers of untempered technology use, so the world gets polluted and Gaia starts to die.

Gaia seems to be okay (?!) with this because humanity will still die with her when all the Grain comes back.

Gaia then gets so pissed with humanity adapting by developing more technology to avoid dying alongside the rest of the flora and fauna that she demands the other Planets come kill them, despite 99.99% of them having no idea Gaia even exists because she can't be arsed to communicate with them.

WTF, Gaia?

Yep

What are some good jumps to learn how to photosynthesize?

Gaia has some problems okay? Don't judge her. You planetist.

It's less rage and more fear. She finds the idea of humanity living on past her death terrifying and disgusting in equal measure.

How do I waifu Gaia?

MFW no TMNT Jump

In a way Gaia kind of thinks of us like we think of flys. Disgusting, everywhere, and will take advantage of us when we die and lay eggs in are carcass.

"learn how to photosynthesize"
I'm sorry to tell you this, but you're retarded.

Understandable

But why does she think that? It's not like the other Planets are going to die when she does (i.e. in a couple of billion years when the Sun expands and consumes the inner planets, the outer planets are still going to be around).

And it still doesn't explain why she never goes "hey, I don't want to die, don't pollute my surface or bad things will happen to both of us".

This is what I how I remember about the earliest Type-Moon:

One of the biggest ideas around was the idea that the laws of physics for a planet are like climate change: Seemingly insignificant factors can create drastic changes over time. Not things as direct as up and down, but for lack of a better word-what's considered normal.

In this case, the idea is more that the decline of the Age of the Gods worsened the quality of magical energy (which is basically Gaia's life force) to the point where Gaia is starting to die, and laws of physics that make sense to humans are starting to take precedence over gods and miracles being pulled out of your ass if you're a big hero. So from Gaia's point of view, parts of her body are slowly necrotising and the first person who responded to her call for help tried to take advantage of her while she was sick.

This is where it gets weird; Gaia is sorta inconsistent because Arturia got access to her personal superweapon and in Melty Blood Archetype-Earth (Gaia using Arc as a sockpuppet) doesn't mind humans. So from what I can tell, it seems to be that rather than instantly freaking out Gaia and humanity (as a collective, i.e. the Counter Force) gradually grow further and further apart in values as humanity advances into the modern era. Like having a conjoined twin whose slowly using up more and more of your body's energy. And also wants to be a DJ, instead of a banker like the rest of your family.

Gaia's old, properly running system of physical laws says that lifeforms dying before the planet dies is the natural state of things. So the idea of humans surviving her, is like finding out the nice cells in your body have grown up to be gross symbiotes that can leave your corpse.

Basically, Gaia is the victim of an horror movie where a flesh-eating virus mutated from her own cells, and humanity is the virus.

Well, like user said. Flies to human comparison. Would you ask a bunch of flies politely to get off of you? Would you even expect them to understand your words or try in the first place?

That's even assuming she has a way to communicate to them.

Lovely thoughts.

Any jump that lets you be a dryad or a kryptonian.

So does that mean Gaia's going to die even if the biosphere hadn't been polluted, because humans != magic?

Would Gaia get better if all the humans left the planet (because taking their pesky "modern physics" with them)?

Do high-tier vampire get the hipnotic gaze and the illusion weaving of mid-tier vampires on Libriomancer?

>it's all so confusing my brain jammed when trying to write an opening sentence

sounds about right. In all seriousness though, since most of the games/LNs take place long, long before Notes there isn't a clearcut explaination for exactly why Gaia freaked out so bad. So we're stuck filling in the gaps from the modern Grail Wars, or inferring things based on what the Age of the Gods was like.

It's systems. The idea of humanity outliving her is to her, like a human's heart continuing to pump blood after the rest of the body is dead somehow. She had a clear idea of how things were going to work, and now this one lifeform is suddenly becoming super stronk for reasons she doesn't understand, so she's scared and angry.

Now THAT, on the other hand, is a damn good question. She did talk through Arc that one time, and was apparently pretty chill with humanity even though it was the moder era. I don't have an answer here, when (a part of) Venus figured out how to talk to humans after crashlanding into a coma. My best theory is that since the Extra and Prisma Illya timelines have similar premises but with different specifics, in the Notes timeline either nobody bothered to waifu Arc so she grew up alienated from humanity, or the degradation of Gaia's life energy happened too quickly for it to be reduced.

At one point Godo says humanity could've avoided destruction if they'd listened to a prophecy in 2000, but the specifics aren't elaborated on.

In baseline Type-Moon, yes. It's less the biosphere being physically polluted, and more humanity becoming the most successful species on Earth causing magical planet necrosis over time because consensus reality and/or collective unconsciousness' will to survive is no longer as friendly to miracles, magic and other things that are healthy for a planet.

And yeah, that was basically Gil's plan in the UBW route of SN: Reduce the total amount of humans to make the remaining humanity awesome again.

It depends on the vampire honestly, some species do some dont.

I wish we could be Gaia's Ultimate One. "I will save you Mother!" or something like that,

You can totally do that, there's nothing stopping you.

Wait, wait, wait. Isn't it all Aoko's fault? Thrusting all that energy price into the future and stuff?

Wait, really?

>species
Were can I look this up? (other than reading the books) I can't seem to find a wiki or anything like that.

I guess I'll just assume it does include them (not that it make any difference for my chain desu).

Any notable intelligence boosting perks I can get? Not counting the ones in Infinite Stratos and Hellsing

Any vampire from any book os valid in setting.

If the Isekai user is still here, I really recommend keeping the evolver perk or a beefier version of it. That is like a mainstay of a lot of the big Isekai.

Lots. Offhand, the Golden Mind perk from Overlord LN is the first that came to, er, mind.

>Gaia seems to be okay (?!) with this because humanity will still die with her when all the Grain comes back.

This is the part that's been changed a bit. Turns out Gaia's been trying to kill us for a while now. Like creating Primate Murder.

Did that happen in the Notes timeline?

Primate Murder is adorable, and perverted!

Think this should include all the needed updates from thread and home crew.

Spelling and grammar stuff, though I know I've missed some stuff. Always do.
Drawbacks were clarified. Ai Failure notes you can still jump just fine. The 300s are changed a little so you can't fly out of there as an Aristoteles. Probably still can as a human but that'd only really be possible with OOC stuff by this point.
Black Barrel has a very important note about the difference between defeat and killing, since Gun God doesn't actually kill any TYPEs.
Companions can be given CP.
Added a note clearing up the Ether Liner capstone in the notes bit.
And made it clearer what 'formations' mean for the purposes of the endjump.

Think that's it. Unless anyone has anything they'd like added.

Man the temptation to work on more jumps is strong as ever. Was almost tempted into XXXholic despite having plenty to work on just cause I wanted an X-letter jump. Only seen season 1 and the movie though.

Eh, the Gaia of main Nasu has plans to deal with humanity: Alaya and the Counter Force, Primate Murder and the other Beasts, recruiting Crimson Moon to apply control...
She's not actually out to kill humanity (yet) because for all the problems we might represent, we're still part of Earth.

Whether Angel Notes is future from main Nasuverse is something we just don't have enough information on.

Unfortunately, we just don't know, because Notes and Mahou aren't definitively linked by other media, and the closest the 5th has had a description to in recent times is /maybe/ one inside joke based on Goetia's attack that incinerates history for magical energy (it's the same as one of Aoko's attacks in one of the fighting games, or so I've been told). Which is probably a high level HSDW application anyway, since Goetia isn't described as using any True Magic fragments unlike Tiamat or Sasaki.

The Sisters which the A-Ray capstone was based on were apparently using True Magic, and all it got them was a mutual kill with another Type. But it didn't seem to make the situation noticeably worse; on the contrary it created some sort of magic cloud barrier that temporarily stalled the Type assault for a short while.

Anyway, since True Magics hardly get brought up when Notes is explaining how everything got so wrecked I'm inclined to think Nasu didn't intend the 5th to have that big a role. If it had, as written back then the catastrophe would've had a universal impact instead of just rotting one planet.

Frankly there's a lot we don't know about the Notes timeline. But from what I gather about the anthropic principle stuff that reconciles Tsukihime being in the same multiverse somewhere as GO's main story (just really, really far away in terms of parallel world possibilities), the answer is: The shittier and suckier humans are in a possible future compared to the average that unconsciously creates and destroys possible futures, the more likely Primate Murder was a thing.

Well we are talking about Fate, how do Level 100's from Overlord stack up against Exalted and Fate

in the creepypasta jump can i buy a second proxy if so is that one also discounted or full price

Val, Black Barrel how fast can it fire? Like we talking single shot then "reload" like a musket? Or am I able to go Semi Auto or even Auto with it? Could I import a weapon into it?

God Of Guns perk, does it hit anywhere you wish? Like can I 360 No Scope headshots all around me? Or is it leg shots, gut shots...etc?

How hard is it to survive early on here? Not taking the Chain ending scenario, but just in general. We talking late tier here or can it be taken really early?

Ability to always hit with a gun & the gun that makes the enemies supernatural/magical powersource their own undoing is great.

Since we have a Generic Magical Girl jump would a Generic Dark Magical Girl jump be valid?

>XXXholic
Is that an XXX jump?

If we choose Earth as an Aristotle we could make ourselves into a True Ancestor right?

Xenosaga maybe?

It's a rifle but...not sure what actual kind though. I think it's more likely to be the single action sort of thing instead of an assault rifle. No imports for it though.

It's less auto hit and more as long as you can aim, you're gonna hit it. So just waving it around randomly probably won't work but if you actually focus at something, you'll manage it.

The jump generally provides enough for you to survive as long as you don't purposefully go fight, which is when it can be dangerous. Unless you go Pure Human but that's why that gives 300.

It's cool.

In libromancer, vampires are one of the more numerous supernaturals because amateur libromancers can sometimes naturally focus on one book and accidentally get infected by the books vampirism. They lose their libromancy but become a vampire.

As such any fictional vampire could potentially be in the libromancer universe. And vampires are one of the strongest supernatural communities.

Earth is kill right nao

You'd probably be a zombie vampire or have super cancer

Oh gods. I still remember how we discussed if Notes/Mahoutsukai/Illya jumps could be made. How things changed, eh?~

Thank you so much, Valeria. You are amazing.

I just realized we don't have any Clamp jump besides Card Captor Sakura

Think you misunderstood what the generic is based on.

Hah. No. It's just a name.

No, don't really understand why that'd be a thing. Those are from the moon anyway. And no, not then either.

Agh, too long. I have so many long projects. Xenosaga is so great though.

No worries.

Thanks for the jump Val, now to go to FF7 and other similar settings to let Gaia know she has a kid that loves her.

Technically we have the old version of Code Geass, though it's the least clampy of clamp stuff.

Just dont go to the mmos, Im pretty sure the earth is either insane in those or literally not earth. Unless you count the mothercrystal.

>No worries.
That's a weird response to someone thanking you.

Didn't Clamp just do the art for Code Geass though?

>though it's the least clampy of clamp stuff.
They just did the character design for Sunrise

Habit or something. Think of it as me being used to people begging for forgiveness.

Or just being apologised to a lot in RL, one of the two

Did they? Oh, right, sunrise.

Yeah, my bad.

Magic Knight Rayearth, XXXHolic and Angelic Layer would all be nifty ones to see.

>Think of it as me being used to people begging for forgiveness.

Wow that comes off as being super bitchy.

Hey two things about Stellaris 1. Uplifting and Integration has discounts but not a price 2. Do the later ethics technologies that are discounted for multiple things require all those things to be discounted or just one of them? Because that is not specified.

What is the power level like in sailer moon?

EX-PUH-LO-ZION!

Not gonna lie after looking at the Notes jump, we really need a fucking update for Kara no Kyoukai and Tsukihime.

Potentially universe ending.

It was a joke user, hence the spoiler. It just happens that most Uni students are actually kinda lazy sometimes so doing group work results in lots of apologies when no one else brings stuff in on time when you all agreed to it.

Go to EVO.

>spoiler
They need to really do their own shit, why are people so lazy these days?

>Think you misunderstood what the generic is based on.
What about making a jump based on the Accidental Magical Girl CYOA?

Seriously? From slightly older than normal magical girls?

Maybe all the natural disasters was the only language she could speak? Or she was just swatting at us.

As an Aristotles if I choose to become a giant sword how envious would Shirou feel?

Is there any way to get the eternal mangos in naruto without stealing a second set of eyes? I like the eyes, but the vision degradation sucks. I mean, I know that healing factors easily solve that problem, but I'd still like for my eyes not to take damage every time I use them.

Also, how do you get summoning contracts? The Rinnegan allows for a limitless number for them, but I was wondering how you'd need to go about actually getting them. Like, do you need to craft some elaborate seal for every animal you want to contract?

It does have it's own setting. If you're willing to put in the work, I'm sure it could be possible.

If it's just going to be a 1:1 port over to the jumpchain system, I'd honestly just reccomend wanking that you use that CYOA in your chain as is, since it seems like a lot of wasted effort.

There might be a bit of drool.

Sailor Moon escalates fairly rapidly. To put it in perspective: The dark goddess behind Beryl in the early bits? She's actually just a bit player in the grand scheme of things.

Get regen and pop out the eyes when they go bad?

I'm not usually present in this thread I just wanted to give you a semi-useless critic not really related to your latest work.

First I wanna say that I love your jumps, they are very well made and I really enjoy them. The thing that bothers me a little tho is that the drawbacks are usually pretty bad; even 100CP drawbacks are incredibly harsh or mind-raping and 300CP drawbacks are most of the time a death sentence if you do not have immeasurable powers from other jumps.

This wouldn't be that bad if you weren't pretty much required to take those in order to complete a perk-line and there are usually multiple lines.

anyway, keep up the good work.

>I know that healing factors easily solve that problem
I don't wanna have that problem in the first place.

If you have Rinnegan Mangos wont go bad.

How pedantic is AI Failure? Teleportation? Portals? Running on the air?

Go clan-born Uchiha. Wank that you're related to Itachi and Sasuke. Now you can trade eyes.

bitch don't you DARE touch my little baby

AMGCYOA will not be tainted by the likes of you scum

Say what now?

Well, I think I've actually been lightening up recently but in general, I do think drawbacks should be hard, though I try to make sure it's always possible with just in jump things to do any one drawback, though this sometimes requires the right builds or not taking certain combinations of drawbacks.

Anyway, you can do perklines just fine. A single perkline is almost always achieveable without going into drawbacks unless you have a race cost...but then you're getting a bunch of stuff anyway, especially if it's that high a cost.

And if you have multiple perklines...well, you've got lots to choose from. Having more choice isn't an entitlement to getting to choose more, y'know?

Long as you're generally just moving on your own two legs, or whatever your standard form of ground based mobility, you'd be fine. Teleportation and portals are fine, long as you're sticking near the ground.

Personally like the new magical girl one more anyway. Nicer pics.