/cyoag/ - CYOA General

Keep It Serene Edition

Previous thread: Archives and other resources: pastebin.com/vrqYhnpu

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/13597887
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anyone remember the name of that one where your "sister" brings you to be a prince/princess in her world? Something about you having been murdered and reincarnated in another dimension?

It's 9 or so pages long and I haven't seen it in ages.

royal revival, don't have it saved because I stopped reading at page 2

Do you want me to post it?

Please do.

Not that user, but yes, please. The more onee-samas I can get, the better.

Alright.

Any new see-you-ohs?

And that is all. Enjoy.

As a matter of fact I just finished this.

COME GET YA OC

On a more serious matter, this turned into a slog and I apologize for how long it's taken. I've been busy with work and other shit that's bringing me down.
But my next cyoa idea has me pumped!
Knights and shit in space!
Due date is, I dunno. Uni starts up again soon.

2/5

3/5

4/5
Fuck this fucking post timer.

Gudo jobu

Under "Female", it'd be better to use "Anyways" instead of "Anyway". Nice cyoa

I'm on it.
Here's one of the Earth Waifus for Soul^3 if it'll tide you over.
I rolled Onee-san A-Type for her, so she's probably just going to be Plain Doll.
>Celt OC
FUCK YES!
Prepare for one of my notoriously autistic builds!

5/5

And that's all folks! Hope you enjoy!
Though I will admit it's not my best work...

Hey there folks, just here to remind you that when you see people joking around with namefags and being an eager beaver fan, it's just them samefagging to try to make themselves more popular. Don't fall for tricks and start replying too, that's what they want you to do. Have a nice day.

>fucking piece of shit image editor fucked up my text again when I closed it
Welp, time to kms
Lemme fix that real quick.

You fucking retard. How many users do you think are even real in the first place? Bitch, it's all them CIA bitches up in here nigga. Fucking watch yourself.

Ex. 1.a
A nigger does not understand that posts have a cooldown

>I rolled Onee-san A-Type
Whats that?
Also stop cock teasing me with your wips, ZBD.

Said it last thread I think, to get some inspiration for the waifus/husbandos this time around, I rolled based on this chart and expanded/tweaked their personalities from there.
And if I stopped cockteasing you it would ruin the feeling of finally seeing the completed project.

Haha it's all a joke, everyone loves the namefags, all just one big happy family with our lively personalites. Ohh, that notorious scamp Zodiac man, oh isn't he just so autistic, loveable! And these threads would be lost without big brother SDA! What a sassmaster, the lifeblood of this general. We have fun here.

You just dont know when to stop, huh?

>and another one that also fucked up a pic
Alright. I'm actually gonna fucking neck myself.

What is the point of inhuman+ and flight 1 if shapeshifting is a thing?

I'm not really a huge fan of namefagging, but this is just focusing on them same as dedicated orbiters in a different direction. You should treat them the same as you would any other user. Respond if they say something interesting, ignore them if they don't.

Little man you need to start taking your antidepressants again, just looking out for ya.

I can't wait to CULMINATE, ZBD!

The fact that using your starting mass would limit it, and it wouldn't be as strong.

>System thinks your post is spam

Oh, fuck off.

I'm just doing the right thing and informing those who don't know about how fake it all is.

I swear man, too many 'authors' here just don't give a shit about the presentation or quality of their work and only do this shit for attention.
(Pic related really fucking grinds my gears, not to mention the whole cyoa looks like shit)

strawpoll.me/13597887

It keeps detecting non-existent executables "hidden" in my images. It's annoying.

There are plenty that just want to make nice CYOAs and like writing, but they're drowned out by loud and obnoxious authors.
Nearly the entire first page isn't needed. I don't understand why you'd need to craft yourself a body, hair, even a FACE! How much time do you have on your hands that you willingly create a needless page?

When you have a lot of text you've been staring at alone for a while, mistakes tend to slip through. Normally that would be corrected by an editor, but something tells me you also despise the Discord that theoretically should help with that.

Makes sense. Can i swap my cool limb from inhuman+ to a different one at will or i need shapeshifting for that?

I just didn't catch it and I've already fixed it.
The fucking thing I use does that sometimes where I close it and the text repositions itself.

Actual page 5. Hopefully with no more fuck ups.

I dunno. Flavor?
Some people just like to redesign themselves and start new.
Wish I could.

What software do you guys use to make these, and how do you manage to churn them out so quickly?

Thanks. I'll post my build once Veeky Forums stops insisting my posts are spam.

I'd say since it's robo then the upgrade is locked to the limb it's in.
But if you wana use shift to adjust the nanos that sounds cool and unique. I would have never thought of that.

Can I marry Sensei?

>The page number splotch blocks text which could have taken that place.
But, why...?

>not to mention the whole cyoa looks like shit
Then you have something in common with it at least.

It's in the pastebin, but Photoshop and Paint.net seem to be the most popular. You could do it with MS Paint if you are extremely dedicated but it isn't recommended for a variety of reasons.

That's what I get for ignoring the OP, I guess.
Thank you.

Alright, new life here we go.
Girl (because of course)
Endowed (-4)
Gentle Puberty (-1) (acne sucks)
Quick Learner (-3)
Bubble Butt (-1) (booty)
Easy Gains (-2)
Creativity (-3) (already into writing, so why not take a boost?)
Public Speaking (-2)
Safeguard (-1)

I think that about covers the personal essentials. Moving on to my new home.
Suburban (-2)
Big House (-7)
Outdoor Pool (free)
Hot Bath (-2)
Music Room (-2)
Home Gym (-1)
Huge Bedroom (-1)
Own Room: Artistic (-1) and Neat (-1)

Domestic Life shouldn't be too perfect. It needs to be just perfect enough.
Married (-5) (need some sense of reality here)
Dad: Hardworking, Handyman, Wise (-3)
Mom: Ambitious, Wise, Supportive (-4)
Big Allowance (-3)
Blood Related (-1)

Siblings. Gotta throw in Clarice, it'd be dickish not to under the circumstances. Just don't get too lewd, we're blood relations now.
Dylan (free)
Alison (-2)
Clarice (-2)

And, lastly, friends
Aaron (-2)
Thor (-1)
Hana (-1)
Catherin (-2)

Easy living, here I come. Should make for a good time of growing up again with enough changes to make it interesting.

It's a waste and brings down the total quality of your CYOA by needlessly lengthening it and making it like everyone else's shitty body redesigns. And I say this from a good place, your horseman kingdom CYOA is my second favorite of all time.
Ooh sick burn buddy. Upvote for you.

Yes. I would.
Because I'm an autistic faggot that wanted to do something different.
Really didnt work, huh?

I was talking about the monstrous part from inhuman+, but good to know that.

There is a lot of good stuff in there. Like a free, legal copy of Photoshop if you want to try your hand at it without getting into piracy, and some basic tutorials too.

>Male
>Thin
>Short
>No beard
>Ivory
>Scary

>Durability 2
>Speed 2
>Stronk 2
>Inner Eye 1
>InHuman+ 2 (LOBSTER CLAW)

>School Apartments
>Fantasy Tavern
>Magic Beach
>Theatre

>Cooking
>Martial Arts
>Rest Period

>Snacks and Naps

>Johnny J (Rival)
>Alice
>Diego B
>Persephone
>Victoria
>Tyler
>Susan (Sweetheart)

>female
+2 friends
+2 clubs
>Average + curvy
>short
>Sun-kissed
>Timid
None of the faces are "normal"
>Durability tier 1
>Elemancy (water) tier 1
>Emotional control tier 2
>Inner eye tier 1

>Adoptive family
Friend to sibling
>Saber cafe
>Around town
>Fantasy tavern
>Biology
>Coding
>Cooking

>Swim team
>Arts and media
>Alice Dragon
>Jasmine Vampire
>Elisabeth Arian (rival)

How am I still human if I have powers? Like, wings?

Build this world please @all authors why do you not build your world's so they make sense at least reeee

...Huh. I might need glasses or some shit since I swore that you said cyber and not inhuman.
Same concept I suppose.
Yeah, I honestly don't know why I did the first part the way I did. I started it and just rolled with it. My enthusiasm for this one slowly drained and I had to force myself to finish it. Hopefully space knights can be on the same level as Horseman.
Speaking of which
>second favorite
Awwwww, thanks.

Cause super powers.

Space Knight sounds like a cool concept. No real point in finishing something if there's no passion imo, you don't owe anyone anything.

I'm legit worried about how many authors here are autistic, Tok, SDA, (You), ZBG. Maybe it's just a namefag thing, otherwise the alternative is bad.

>the Discord that theoretically should help with that.
Oh man.
Oh fucking man.
You really think that don't you?

It's just a question, geez. I'm wondering what the difference between a monster and a shapeshifting, fire-breathing, winged human is.

Note the word theoretically.

I joke when I say I'm autistic.
At most I'm just really fucking socially inept.
I've lived a life where most thing quit just leave a sour taste in my mouth. Plus I said I would do it.
If I can't keep promises irl, might as well here.

It's ok. I'm autistic, and I don't have a name.

The difference is DNA and if you have a costume or not.

I love it when authors are bi and have great taste.

Less bi, and more I just don't give a shit as long as you're a decent person.
And I can assure you that my tastes are shit.

I'm not autistic, or a namefag, but I have a question. I have the base idea of a CYOA, but it's something that's hard to solidify. Is there a method you guys use to solidify the actual choices you'll have to make? This part is difficult for me. For my first CYOA I just adlibbed it all in one night, grabbed pictures and wrote and designed all at once, and it turned out shit (pic related). I'd like this next one to be fantastic, because I really like the idea I have as a world in general. Any tips?

>I'm not autistic, or a namefag
But the fact you began your post stating that is even worse.

This looks like something different than I usually do. Why not?

>Cute Boy
I will be the cat boy. Oh yes.
>Unassuming
Oh, you know how kids are these days. So silly. Hahaha.
>Catboy
I told you I'd be the catboy.
>Easy Gains
I don't want to be bulky, but I need to be athletic if I want to pull off the 'cat' thing to a 'T'.
>Suburban
Quiet enough to retreat from the city when it gets to be too much, but close enough to said city to be convenient.
>Small House
A point-friendly, middle of the road choice.
>Outdoor pool, Sauna
Oh yes, this is luxury right here. Nothing like a cold swim, then a hot sauna. And who says cats don't like water? Some do.
>Electronics, Neat, Lewd
Geeky dream room. But you know, sooner or later, I'm going to want to be bringing my girl friends over, and it needs to be extra special for them. Walls may be thin, sure, but that's what the surround sound system on my computer is for.
>Happily Married
Worth the points, not dealing with any of the drama that comes with any other option.
>Dad: Protective, Lax, Ambitious, Handyman, outdoorsy.
He wants to see me grow to my full potential, but doesn't make any assumptions about what my potential actually is; doesn't shove any burdens on me, or project any of his own feelings or desires onto me. Plus, he keeps the house in working condition, and can help me fix stuff when it goes bad. And if somebody beats me up because I happen to be taking an obtuse approach to manhood, oh brother, he'll bring the hammer down. Both are outdoorsy...
>Mom: Supportive, Housewife, Wise, Ara Ara, outdoorsy.
She approves of my life decisions, but knows enough to give me advice to make sure I'm approaching them from the right angle to be successful. Also, she will teach me the secrets to the perfect pot roast, and she knows all about the urges of youth. Both are outdoorsy... and that's where they found and adopted me.

>Bonus: Small Allowance, Adopted
Having spending cash is always nice. And as for being adopted, well, you could call me a stray they took in off the street, HAHAHA.

>Younger Sibling: Erica
She'll be a handful, but she seems like she'll keep things amusing.
>Younger Sibling: Yacob
A light-hearted, puckish rogue as a baby brother? Sure, why not. Combined with Erica's creativity, and my own, I bet we can make Yacob's dreams come true.
>Older Sibling: Nicole
Hnnngh. And I'm adopted!
>Christopher
I feel bad for the kid; I will help him break out of his shell.
>Thor
Friendly Rivals are best rivals, and this makes the walk to school fun.
>Kate
Gamer Girl will be fun, whether she ends up as 'big sis' or 'tsun-tsun'.
>Virginia
All the yes.

This'll be one hell of a show/life.

>New Me
Old Body, but de-aged to a teenager. I'm keeping my beard, though.

>Body Build
Muscular

>Hair Style
Short

>Beard
Trimmed

>Skin Color
Sun-Kissed

>Face
Confident

>Human+
Regeneration II (6)
Strength I (5)
Speed I (4)
Durability I (3)
Emotional Control I (2)
Illusion I (1)
Inner Eye (0)

>Home-Life
School Apartments

>Hangouts
Fantasy Tavern
Magic Beach
Around Town

>Classes
Modern Alchemy
Biology
Assassination

>Clubs
Stargazing
Swim Team
Occult Inc.

>Friends
Jasmine J., she is my neighbor in the School Apartments
Irina, we are in the Stargazing Club together and she's a floor above me in the apartments
Victoria, thre apartments over and friends with Jasmine
Elisabeth, two apartments over on the other side of Jasmine
Zeke, my other neighbor and part of the Occult Club
Ann, a floor above me and next to Irina also in the Occult Club and Swim Team
Abraham, We are in Swim Team and the Stargazing Club together, he has his own place

>Rivals
Susan, two apartments over on the other side of Zeke she's our RA
Tyler, has his own place off campus but comes to visit the apartments frequently to "check in"

The student council has an anonymous tip that I'm the worst kind of monster. My low tolerance for school spirit and student council authority has not helped my case with them. That has everything to do with the fact that I'm actually a dude in his mid-twenties.

I'm tempted to make a quick chart of where each student, even the ones I didn't pick, are in the school apartments. Maybe I'll do that later today.

Looks good, Celt. You've got a slight misspelling under Duncan the Merman "but her means well"

There any cyoas where I can choose a blind waifu? (No builders)

I'm going to second this request.

I dunno. I'm still working on my first, and I'm trying to hit a sweet spot between detail and vaguery that lets the player know what choices are and sparks their imagination, but then gives their imagination room to grow.
I want to give them the tools, and let them decide how to use those tools.

That is difficult, though, so it probably won't be all that great. But I still have to try.

I imagine a lot of namefags are somewhere on the spectrum.

Traveller has one, two if you're into GILFs

Yes, I know exactly what you mean about finding the sweet spot, I'm struggling with the same thing. I'm trying to look at what other good CYOAs do too. It appears to me that through the choices you offer you can build atmosphere by having a common theme, and that's the groundwork and the inspiration, and then through the specifics idea the choices you let the player's initial inspiration blossom

Go away Aldrich.