Horus Heresy Genera - /hhg/

Jess Goodwin described Chaos as being more like 'daddy doesn't love you' edition.
Traitors on suicide watch sub-edition.

>thedarkcity.net/t3551-feedback-from-dark-eldar-seminar

Also, previous, stale bread >Thread FAQ
pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8 (embed) (embed)

>Official HH 7th Edition Errata (not updated since January 2016)
forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp (embed) (embed) ()

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
pastebin.com/k9uvqsub (embed) (embed) ()
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html
sys.Veeky Forums.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
strawpoll.me/10558764 (embed) (embed)

>/HHG/'s allegiances
www.strawpoll.me/10663447 (embed) (embed)

>Primarch Popularity Poll
strawpoll.me/11458318 (embed) (embed)

>STUFF ANONS ASK FOR
www49.zippyshare.com/v/aYWlVV9f/file.html
www32.zippyshare.com/v/heDZWytT/file.html

>Crimson King
www38.zippyshare.com/v/hT9jpwsK/file.html

>NEW Mega Folder
mega.nz/#F!gaBiVTKI!HTOuNx5zzNxHqT-ny-AU3A

Why do traitors do what they do?

So we can have a setting papa sang.

So we have sins for you to clense.

They're jealous of loyalist hairdos.

I'm going to run nothing but power armor marines in all of my army slots, and there's not a damn thing you can do to stop me.

Good luck, I'm behind 7 phosphex batteries.

No Black legion epub yet?

What kind of power do the Chaos gods have over their daemon princes/champions? More specifically, after Mortarion is made to submit to Nurgle, why didn't he ever try to break free of his influence or just say fuck y'all and go off and do whatever he wanted, or even just become loyalist again? It seems like he would've remained loyal if he wasn't tortured to the point of near death and his legion wasn't about to die. But when you take into account that Archaon gets all his power from the Chaos gods and then just does whatever he wants while telling them to fuck off if they have a problem with it, or Be'lakor will also just do sneaky shit from time to time, what kind of power do the Chaos gods really have over their daemon princes/people they've "claimed"?

>Lion
>Skinner

"Have I strayed so far from the Emperor's light? No, it's the Fallen who are wrong."

>It seems like he would've remained loyal if he wasn't tortured to the point of near death and his legion wasn't about to die
Hadn't he already joined Horus by that point?

I guess let me rephrase that, not necessarily loyalist to the Emperor but not traitor to the point of worshiping Chaos

Considering that regular daemons are just extensions of a god's own will and that ascensionhood requires the sacrifice of the champion's humanity, I figure that ascending to princedom removes most of the free agency that the mortal once had, and now serves as no more than an extension of that god's will - having no control over the orders it is given, but having agency/control in the execution of said orders.

He didn't ascend until later

Last thread there was talk about massed tacs in Spartans. What about Vets in LR Phobos?

Only makes sense if they're geared for assault. Since the game's been shooting-oriented for a while (doesn't change too much in 8th ed. 40k), it's a little unusual to see vets kitted out that way. But yes, well-armed Veterans with Weapons Masters should get a Phobos or Dreadclaw.

Who here airbrushes?

It increasingly sounds like it'd help, and I should get one. But that means finding a spot to set up a station, making or buying an extractor, and getting a compressor. It's a bit intimidating.

How's does a Sons of Horus force with loken, 30 tactical marines, a contemptor dreadnought, and a fire raptor sound as a starter force? Anything I should look or gear up for?

make some of the tacs veterans

The Tacticals will probably need Rhinos at some point, whether they're Veterans or not. At least one squad should be vets kitted out for one particular role (e.g. combi-meltas and meltabombs, or just bolters to use with the Marksman ability).

Kyr Vhalen stand-in with graviton hammer fresh;y converted and ready to go. Loved working on this guy.

Most of the model looks cool but that hammer looks severely misaligned, plus having both arms stretched out like that looks unnaturally posed.

I plan on running 20 man squads so I can get the most out if my special rules, I'll probably at some point get a storm eagle for them.

Anyone have the audio book for crimson king?

Storm Eagles suck compared to Kharybdises.

Those things cost a fuck ton of money for a super drop pod. I'd rather take the flyer with missiles.

Please dont tell me that is an actual quote by Jess.

Out of interest how did you do the body at his feet?

That's what the link says.

Probably clipped it off the Ahriman sprue.

Well at least we know why they but ADB on the job then :P . Apparantly it was the plan all along.

Storm Eagles can work as long as you're using the squad inside for shooting rather than melee.

The problem is the flyer reserve rules. It can take a few turns for a squad to fly in, land, deploy, and be ready to charge. If you don't need to charge then you save a turn and maybe the squad is useful on turn 3 instead of 4 or even 5.

The context is answering questions on how the Dark Eldar were redesigned for their 5th edition codex.

>Once they'd decided that wyches and kabalites were the troops choices, they had more room to maneouvre with what scourges/mandrakes/hellions etc actually were and did. They were quite keen to highlight that whilst haemonculus etc would look a bit like chaos stuff, it was all surgical and 'voluntary' rather than mystical. JG described Chaos as being more like 'daddy doesn't love you' whereas the DE were unrepentantly evil. They were also keen that the webway concept allowed a race that could appear anywhere, anytime (unlike Tau I guess).

In other words, the Chaos gods are paternalistic and possessive but will still hurt you.

Another thing 8e would fix.

>he uses a flying transport without a skyshield landing pad

Is Maloghurst a necessity for SoH lists? It seems to me that vets as troops is too good to pass up.

Yep, that's exactly what my squads main purpose will be. SOH however do well with large squads in melee so I'm not worried about them if they do, and not if they don't. I also like to do large apoc games with multiple people and I like the idea of getting the chance to fly my 20 man squads where needed

There's a single day between us and the brief burst of activity and hope that accompanies FW actually talking about things. How will you surmount this saturday? I plan to refresh five different websites feverishly in the hopes someone leaks something that makes me want to paint more.

Were there traitors from all the loyalist legions?

someone told me to read "black books" from here

He's 140 points to get out of taking 250 points' worth of Tactical Marines. (Okay, more likely 330 points once you take Rhinos with dozer blades.)

So the question is, would you take two squads in transports over a special character for +95 points each? Only if I needed more than 4 Elites slots, which I guess I could see happening.

comes out in another week

Yes. Except the Ultramarines, sure in their spiritual liege and loyal to an extent the other Legions envied, no member of the XIIIth would even think of siding with Horus' foul traitors.

Go home Matt.

Forge World says yes, but hasn't given details.

Allegedly, though I'd take a lot of convincing for traitorous Imperial Fists to make any goddamn sense.

What sort of themes work well with the Word Bears? A lot of ancient Middle Eastern societies could work I guess, but an Ottoman theme could also work.

Mormons and Scientologists.

One of those is too evil and the other has Tom Cruise.

Hm. How about Salamanders? Maybe their destroyers (since they were even more ostracized, replaced by Pyroclasts, and only used against the worst xenos) would go traitor?

the XVIII legion was very loyal , even though they got the end of the stick in the great crusade

I wonder if I could play with that.

Salamanders get beat the fuck up in the GC and at Istvaan. This particular group is stuck in the backfield, ordered to recruit and replenish their numbers while waiting in reserve, but their commander is a glory-seeker. They get antsy and get a questionable Magos to try and make their geneseed easier for people to take.

And it works. Of course, that motherfucker was a Heretek the whole time and uses this opportunity to make himself some Chaos-infused, mutated as fuck, Gal Vorbak lookin Salamanders (cause I kinda want an excuse to use Gal Vorbak but I hate the Word Bearers).

Is that an acceptable level of Your Dudes?

Twenty Custodes are just about done. Time to add some final edge highlighting and then it's time to seal!

Doesn't Kyr have a paragon blade thought?

Is the new Black Legion book any good? I actually thought the first one was alright, if that's any indication of whether or not I'll enjoy this one

fun thought, lets see just how many marines marines can marines when they marines?

1 preator
5 command squad dudes
2 centurions
40 vets
120 tacticals/assault marines/breachers
30 seekers
30 heavy support marines
so 228 power armors as max.

Yeah, that hammer is wonky as fuck. If you're making a weapon out of bits the best thing to do is take your pin vice (you do have a pin vice, right) and drill a hole throught the middle of all the parts so that you can put a length of stiff wire or rod down the middle of it. It'll help align the pieces, and make it a lot less prone to breakage as well.

Just about any legion can have a few traitors justified as being part of a detachment seconded to a traitor legion (usually SoH, but others work too) who become closer to their allies than their parent legion, or as an isolated force which slips from blackshields through to full treachery over the course of the Heresy, or as Terrans who didn't get along with their primarch, or even just as marines who think Horus is right and the Emperor is a dick (whether because they were bullied by custodes, sent on a pointless suicide mission, whatever). There are plenty of opportunities, and it can be applied to wallfuckers, smurfs, sallies or bangles easily enough.

Looking good, fellow Custodian.
Except the guy without a helmet. He looks out of place.

>Shit, where is my helmet? Guys? Did you hide it again? C'mon, this isn't funny!

>what are allied detachments

I fluffed my army up as a tractor IF destroyer company. Everyone is loyalist in my area so it seemed right.

>2 centurions

Why not 3 praetors? Or 2 praetors and a delegatus? Then you can have 3 command squads instead of 1. And depending on the legion, you could have other units as command squads, giving you more bodies.

Speaking of, how do Deathsworn work as a command squad? Their entry says that a Speaker of the Dead can have them instead of a command squad. But I don't see Priests of Fenris or Speaker of the Dead having access to command squads. Is this only if the Speaker is taken as your Warlord, in which case he'd have access to a command squad?

Just over 4000 just for the bodies.

And make them ultras so you can have 10 marysuzerains instead of 5 chosen as your body guard.

So when is the event supposed to be starting? Haven't seen any news on it yet

ok here we go.

main detatchment; SoH
Preator
Preator
Preator
Justaerin command squad x12
justaerin command squad x12
Justaerin command squad x12
12x4 elite justaerin
120 troops
15 x 3 reavers
10 x 3 heavy support marines
horus (kinda?)

allied detatchment; UM / whatever has 10 man command squad equviliants
Preator
Command squad suerains
10 suerains
20 tacticals
10 seekers
10 heavy support marines.

shit the allied detatchment has 2 troop choices. so 40 tacs, not 20.

>Justaerin

I thought we were suppose to make all PA army.

B-but 12 are more then 10, oh well I got a bit carried away it seems.

Soh are still the spammiest, because 45 reavers is more then 30 seekers. just change all the justies for vets. (though anyone who can take 10 man command squads would be equal as long as you had 3 command squads.)

3 preators.
3 command squads
40 vets
120 troops
45 reavers
30 heavy support marines

allied detatchment UM
Preator
10 mansuerain command squad
10 vets
40 tacticals
10 seekers
10 heavy support marines.

>no Wulfen
>no Flesh-changed
>no Raptors
>no Lupercii
>no Bile's marines (maybe Chymeriae)
>no Obliterators
Missed opportunities all along the way. Is it just me that gets tickles at the thought of semi-bestial marines?

Yes.

We'll get Lupercii when the books cover Molech. I guarantee it.

We have Chymeriae, Gal'vorbak and (presumably) soon some BA knuckledraggers.
That's plenty, especially considering that half of the shitheads you listed weren't even a thing until after the heresy or were never relevant in the first place.

>no Wulfen

Deathsworn.

>okay
>irrelevant
>not arround until after the heresy
>SoH Gal'Vorbak - how amazing
>exactly chymaeridae
>not arround until after the heresy
And thank fuck we don't have to fuck around with yet more W2 melee troop shittery or some crap like that.

What's a good legion if I want to run mainly vets, termies, and dreadnoughts? I prefer a relatively low model count because I like to put a lot of effort into painting.

He means RG raptors not Chaos raptors, the former of which were definitely around during the Heresy (though in tiny numbers)

Looking at the context,
the 'Daddy' in this quote is actually Chaos.

>What's a good legion if I want to run mainly vets, termies, and dreadnoughts? I prefer a relatively low model count because I like to put a lot of effort into painting.
Iron Hands? really good Dreads, Gorgon Terminators are really strong and Inviolate Armour makes basic marines tougher (not to mention your Termies).

Downside, you're not allowed too many Assault Squads and Bikes.

Fast answer is: any.
Better answer is:
>Sons of Horus
>Death Guard
>Imperial Fists
>Iron Hands
>Thousand Sons
in no particular order because each of them has different strengths

DG gives you terminators in every slot but Fast.

I like the Imperial Fists and Iron Hands. How are their play styles different from each other for an elite army?

IH are tough, IF are shooty with bolters.

Hammer looks too big.

The 40k ravenguard has a 10/10 hammer head

Anyone know a place that sells knockoff transfer sheets? Need the Luna wolves one.

Do you give your seeker squads any special markings?

Prospero Ahriman's base.
Indeed. That's fluffed as a graviton hammer, faster to swing but less impactful as a result.
It's pinned, but the marine on the base pushed it out of alignment. By the time I'd noticed that, it was already dry - going to have to live with that fuckup, alas.
He's a big guy. For you.

That's a really, really nice pic.
Urge to play Space Wolves, rising.

I have more.
Same, I'm split between the Space Wolves and Sons of Horus myself.

So, I might have completed my IW list.
Please R8, h8 or masturb8.

RoW: Hammer of Olympia
-Cataphractii Warsmith w/ PB, Digital Lasers, Iron Halo, Volkite Charger and the Servo-Arm.
-Cataphractii Command Squad with mixed PS, PF and CS.

-Mortis Contemptor with Havoc Launcher and double Kheres.

-x2 20 man Tactical squads, each with chainswords, bolters and Powersword-wielding artificer Sergeants.

-10-man Iron Havoc squad with half autocannons, half Lascannons in a rhino.
-x2 Medusa
-x2 Spartan Assault Tanks transporting the tacticals.

Pics like these make me reconsider my legion choice. Doesn't help I haven't bought anything but generic units and haven't painted them yet.

Share your collection! Pics and numbers welcome!

We do this every so often but we get new faces in here with them, let's see what you've got!

SW also have their share of heavy armour.

7/10 needs more artillery and more bodies for the grinder

Why not, I'll bite.

This is only the Custodes since they're painted and the Imperial Fists are still mostly a wall of plastic save for half a dozen painted minis. Finished twenty more Guardians/Sentinels last night and added them to the first and third shelf.

Gonna paint the Telemon Dread this weekend plus the Annihilator Caladius turrets too.

I'm honestly tempted by this scheme. It looks exactly like something coming to kill you, with no chances of negotiation whatsoever.

>BA knuckledraggers

What?

Some more armour.