Why don't Harpies

steal more stuff?

Harpies are a human-bird hybrid (type of bird is unspecified): base them around crows, now you got an intelligent and swift flying monster with a penchant to stealing shiny things.

I mean it only seems like the a logical step.

I guess it doesn't have to be restricted to one type, You can have Eagle harpies and seagull harpies and even duck Harpies.....or is making one for every type of bird out there ruining their uniqueness?

Also: Feel free to put pictures of Harpies here.
Anyone who finds a duck-Harpy will have my gratitude.

I don't see why more harpies don't just pick someone up, fly really high, and then drop them on their heads.

You aren't really talking about anything we haven't explored before.

It's not a matter of where she grips it, it's a matter of weight ratios.
A 50 pound Harpy can not lift a 200 pound Paladin

If she can create 250lbs of upforce, she's good to go.

What if harpies were cute birbgurls and were real and one of them wanted to be my girlfriend

>What if happiness existed?
It doesn't, stop thinking about it.

Do you think Harpies hang out with other birds?

Nah....
They probably just eat them

They would trade for stuff. I give them silky and smooth.

>Seething Jealousy intensifies.

Because you (OP) don't use them that way.

Well she could lift the small paladin squire (which is a young aspiring paladin) and then drop him on the paladin head

Slapstick GM is best GM

That's an odd way to introduce the idea- why isn't one interpretation of an old monster more common? Because it wasn't a part of the original concept, and it isn't a particularly amazing idea.

Also, they're described as kleptomaniacs in the Witcher series. So it does see use.

Yeah....
but they also made them....things....

That's no fun

it's not slapstick if the paladin die from the trauma user

No....
Then, it's great slapstick

>harpies should act like they did in greek myths
What a shocking idea!

But is it an european harpy or an african one?

They might treat them like we treat dogs and cats.

I'm going to be playing a Harpy in a campaign coming up soon. They're a pretty intelligent lot that are crafty and make their villages up in the mountains, but the civilized ones can't shake the stigma of the topless bandits that still attack caravans, so race relations aren't the best. My character is studying as a Monster Ethologist, so having incredibly keen eyes coupled with the ability to fly if things get dicey comes in handy for her research.

in pathfinder? fly checks, and that is too kind for their sadistic nature

underrated

There. It's a duck lady.

Am retard.

If she creates 250 pounds of upforce she's hovering. To accelerate meaningfully she'd need twice that at least, and the ability to sustain that level of climb while a very angry man is flailing about and stabbing her feet.

Because of this, I will have the local thieves guild in my latest game be run by Harpies, or at least have a Harpie Division.

She'd have plenty of smash if she wasn't dumb.

Why not the local bard guild?

I'd imagine they're quite the harpists.

Pfff, bards are either fags or rappers.

You made me happy

You should feel ashamed

This desu senpai.

>harpies eating birds
>uma delicia :DDDD

>what if they've got the paladin tied between two bits of string?