Only stats are STR, INT and AGI

>only stats are STR, INT and AGI

It's a good start, but get rid of those too and we'll be talking.

she looked so pure in the thumbnail

>dem left arm scars

cutting, or just pigeon-scratches? you decide!

But how will I effectively roleplay my idealized virginal slut without a mechanical representation of her breasts and buttocks

That's an awful idea

>three classes
>only difference is which stat they use to do damage

>Int as a stat
You're solving the wrong problem. Everyone knows mental stats are the real problem with RPGs. Just replace them with skills and be done with it.

As a large bird owner they are pigeon marks. If you look closely you can see they aren't proper cuts but are in fact imprints from spikey little feet.

At that level of complexity games are often in the uncanny valley. Give me Freeform or give me something substantial.

But some people can be smarter than others

I'm sure that razor tattoo refers to pigeon scratches.

Remove INT, mental stats are a bad idea. Roll STR and AGI into one. Done.

No they can't! Intellectual differences are RACIST! You can't have different people with different inherited intellectual abilities! People can only inherit things that don't deal with the brain.

Maybe she likes to shave pigeons.

kek

If it's good enough for Monte Cuck it's good enough for most faggots like you

How would you represent the capacity of a wizard to memorize spells then? By having the player memorize actual magical words?

Or how would you represent the character's willpower without WIS?

Or his faith without CHA?

We roll for mental stats for the exact same reasons we roll for physical stats.

We roll for stats because the characters should not be limited by our capacities.
If you want to remove mental stats, might as well remove physical stats and have the players lift weights, run laps, and do plank exercises for STR, DEX and CON checks instead.

>His stat is dexterity

You represent them by the mechanical effects underpinning them.

You don't need an int score that affects a bunch of attributes, you just need those attributes.

Not that guy, but I'm personally in favour of getting rid of ability scores in general, because they're a pointless obfuscation of the mechanical effects they govern.

I think that would improve the hobby

my shitty homebrew has body mind soul fuck you

That's basically the Cypher System.

Depending on how it actually works in application I like this user

Go home Tri-Stat.

>fa/tg/uys become fi/tg/uys
>health issues and depression disappears
>player's quality of life greatly improves
>hobby goes to shit anyways because women will start joining in droves

Not all class features need to have a direct relationship with an ability score, but I've always thought that a "magic" ability score would make a lot more sense than having intelligence or another mental stat effecting magic the way it does in a lot of ways. The only problem I ever had with int (and to a lesser extent the other mental scores) as a stat is how it doesn't really seem like there's a correct way to play superhuman intelligence

No girls allowed can still be a thing

>fa/tg/uys become fi/tg/uys
>health issues and depression disappears
>player's quality of life greatly improves
>they stop being a bunch of basement-dwelling recluses and actually get a life
FTFY

clearly you've never browsed Veeky Forums

>CHA
>faith

That's not homebrew, that's fucking Jade Empire.

You're not thinking this through. They'd also have to improve their mental faculties as well. Engaging in constant logic games, reading as widely as possible, and intentionally challenging themselves in new social situations. The weak would naturally give up, and go back to other, lesser RPGs that still used dice, but those that succeeded... we'd see a new golden age as these great gods among men became the fully realized Ubermensch of Nietzsche.

that's your brain on D&D

Why are roasties almost harming themselves?

But it isn't though.

And what would these new demigods do?
Attempt to flirt with the fictional barmaid.

Well really, what concerns have they for us mere mortals? There's fictional poon to be had.

You mean Muscle, Mysticality and Moxie?

Why are "men" always sitting around getting fat and worthless while browsing an anime imageboard instead of lifting weights, fixing mechanical objects, and skinning deer?

Hey man, you take that back. I started out worthless.

At least she is no longer wearing that nose ring.

>Being this mad about RPGs
>But still browsing the RPG board on an anime website.
>Not sure if bait or genuine autism.

>Implying it can't be both

> Everyone knows mental stats are the real problem with RPGs.

I don't think mental stats are the problem, it's more that they have been handled poorly. How a person thinks is very hard to quantify but I do feel that a lot of systems give too much power to the mental stat as opposed to its direct application.

I think a better solution is to just give a lot more power to Skills/Talents/Feats.

No, they really can't. Intelligence is a very weird thing to quantify and even the word "smart" has a lot of subjectivity to it.

A more "accurate" system would give people a lot of skills and let them roll with that.

>If you want to remove mental stats, might as well remove physical stats and have the players lift weights, run laps, and do plank exercises for STR, DEX and CON checks instead.
Not this shitty meme again.

Nay, they would Successfully flirt with fictional barmaids.

>projection

I'm not mad at all. I just find it amusing

>Only stats are Body, Mind, and Speed
FTFY

>Attributes
>Not using a skill - based system or even something like OVA's dice system
Faaaags.

le redditeur becomes frustrated that xir gambit has failed

My game has four stats:

>Force
>Guile
>Presence
>Insight

Looking for a better name for the first one, but they do about what you'd expect.

>only stats are STR, INT and AGI

Lets call them Might, Int, and Speed instead.

>implying i dont do all of those things
shiggy

Because strength has no major benefits in modern society, mechanical objects have gotten so complex you need specialized degrees to fix a single category, and hunting and dressing deer is just as useless a skill.

I've seen three stat systems work, though often it works if they're more broad. The three stat system I've been working on uses
>Power
>Finesse
>Spirit

I've never seen someone be so wrong

I can see four stats working maybe. A body/mind split and a hard/soft split that gives you strength (body+hard), agility (body+soft), intelligence (mind+hard), and will (mind+soft).

Who is she?

>Bruises on the knees

Russian /soc/ialite? IDK

I'd play a DotA rpg

I participate (Because it's millions of man-hours to build one) in building one of the most complicated pieces of machinery ever made, nuclear submarines. With a single process (GMAW welding), I'm qualified to build and repair the vast majority of components on the boat, and the sheer amount of times I need to lift my own body weight+gear just to reach a job site deep in a module means that strength is really important.

Right, and you have to be in fairly extreme military job just for any of that to come into play.

Your average retail/desk drone is far removed from your lifestyle, and far, far more numerous. They are the average, you are the exception.

She looks like a villain

Also, STR, AGI, and LORE

janitor here. I lift heavy boxes and still gotta be strong for stuff. I also gotta chase off prostitutes, crazy people and religious freaks.

lifting weights makes you more efficient at literally everything you do

>responding to a strawman with a strawman

A skill list ignores skill overlap. A person good at the "battleaxes" skill would naturally become stronger, right? So naturally some of that strength would translate over to, say, "brawling" or "climbing".

Apply the same logic to mental skills: a person knowledgeable about "history" would probably have picked up a thing or two about "science" or "mathematics".

Change the name of the stat "Intelligence" to "Knowledge" and the whole thing makes a lot more sense. You can gain knowledge over time via practice, you can't become more intelligent.

Now can I get one with just the pigeons?

>you can't become more intelligent

This isn't really a great example of that.

Even though the picture is completely fucking boring, it is a great example of that.

Based on the razor blade tattoo next to them, I respectfully disagree.

Int is just raw processing power / analytic ability. Don't be a cunt, that is quantifiable.

I'm surprised no one is talking about how much of a QT she is.

Dude, she's covered in sky rats. That's just tub-girl levels of fucking nasty.

Aggro?

Does Str matter all that much with a sword? It seems like Dex is more fundamental. I think it should be archery the one more Str intensive.

Oh Leda, you slut.

Melee, Ranged, Magical combat, all covered.
Quick, casual, simple.

I want to protect here but it's probably a bad idea?

Analytic ability is certainly quantifiable, provided you first decide what you intend to analyze. A professional surgeon can analyze the fuck out of a body, but tell that fuck to find the flaw in the code for your freemium game and he's not any better than average joe.

The birds protect her.

>Tfw no Pidgeon Queen gf

No, no. Might, Int, and Speed in Numenera are what most systems would call HP, MP, and Stamina.

Your Edges are what other systems would call attributes.

Am I the only one curious about this?

Mind, Body, and Spirit are effectively all you need.

who is this semen demon

software engineer here

I don't have to lift anything but being so weak sucks. I get tired just walking around for a while.

classic lit reference!

STR and AGI are the same thing - if you lift weights you will run faster. Combine them into BODY.

Archery is Con.