Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

New Codexes tomorrow edition!

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for Xenos.

Alpha legion

How do I turn this into something competent/play well?

20 Constrip blob.

1 x Veterans Squad.

2 x Special Weapons teams.

1 x Command Squad

1 x Lord Commissar

1 x Commissar

2 x Chimera

1 x Leman Russ Battle Tank

First for soul grinders who chaos platers could really start usong to aid them. Knights and titans also acceptable.

Is a predator and a knight worth getting?

LION

WHEN

have a (you) for being a good OP

You can go a few different ways, three archetypes mainly.
If you like tanks get demolihsers / punishers with 3 heavy flamers each and support then with infantry squads.
If you like being a cunt get 999999 conscripts.
If you like holding the line get Manticore artillery and heavy weapons teams.

>players
>using

Also Tempestus squads with plasmas can supplement any of these for picking off exposed enemies.

Thanks.

I'm going to visit the FLGS where I just moved to. Wish me luck, tg.

Did they do something with Soul Grinders to make them worthwhile? Right now they don't seem too good.

Literally take pics.

Nth for Steegion best legion

Ignore him. He's just a shitposter with a Grinder fetish.

Whoa, somebody got on the LR Punisher train.

>magnetized?

Plastics when?

how can craftworlders even compete?

god speed sir!

Trying a new list

-sorcerer 109
Force sword, plasma pistol
-lord 85
Power sword, plasma pistol
-Sorcerer 175
Combi melta, force axe
-herald of Slaanesh 66

-10 daemonettes
Musician
-5 space marines 78
plasma
-5 space marines 65
-10 cultists 59
Flamer
-10 cultists 54
Stubber
-10 noise marines 242
6 sonic blasters, combi-bolter, 2 blast masters

-hellbrute 162
Twin lascannons, fist

-5 havoks 105
4 heavy bolters
-chaos predator 201
Autocannon, two lascannons

1500 points, main players hang back and shoot while the enemy tangles with the chaff, good?

question those russes with double traks, is it just to look cool or what?

LION IN NOVEMBER. I PROMISE YOU MY FRIEND.

And if you are wrong you agree to cut off your over balls.
SWEAR IT user
Your not a chicken are you? Or a liar right?

Another traitor primarch? Whos the next loyal primarch they'll bring back, Vulkan?

How viable is it to play mech guard? Lemans and Veterans in Chimeras making most of the army in this case, with a bit of artillery/air support depending on how big the game is. Only infantry without transports would be characters like Tech-priests and Master of Ordnance.

I like manlet marines better than chads.

yes, all the turrets, hull, and sponsons are magnetized and I can field three of any model.

I'm not counting on ever, but considering a basica SL guardsman is like $4-6 plus shipping on ebay I'd like them three years ago.

Yes, it's just cosmetic. I think the Leman Russ model is too narrow for how tall it is, so the extra tracks are to flatten in out a bit. I think they look pretty solid on the TT, too.

GW is too pussy to actually make Lion a traitor, they bitched out with the Chaos Codex and made Alpha Legion unambiguously evil traitors, killing the secret loyalists conspiracies.

I can only confirm the Lion is the next Primarch to return.

NO BULLY MOST LOYAL PRIMARCH.

Alpharius is more loyal than lion

>Yes, it's just cosmetic
Ok cool, nice dkok commissar too. He looks good in the SL.

GW should bring back Vulkan then, everyone likes vulkan

I'd ditch the slaanesh Herald and upgrade the predator from autocannon to twin lascannons, and beef up either the havocs or the csm squad.

Do you have a legion in mind? I'd also make a plan A with stratagem use and a Plan B for defensive/reactive use.

Are those daemonettes being summoned and warp timed?
>say yes

Also, I'd put autoguns on all my cultists.

>I can only confirm the Lion is the next Primarch to return.
Why is that?

are you making these?

Except for all the stormweenies, which Veeky Forums seems to have an unnerving amount of

There is literally no reason to make Lion a traitor, unless they want to re-write him.

He's Lion

I think they plan on doing alternating traitor/loyal primarchs.

There's a rumor one is switching sides, but people may have been reading into narrative shit talking too much.

I meant in universe

>be chapter serf good at art
>spend months painting awesome murals on master's drop pod
>it all burns up on re-entry
>have to paint it over again every drop
>fml

Alpharius is dead Dave

The problem with mech guard now is that there are no fire points on the chimera or the taurox, so you can't drive and shoot from the vehicle. You have to dismount to shoot, which effectively just makes your infantry faster but more expensive. On top of that, the chimera got nerfed HARD. I swear to god ever since that sinfully ugly taurox model came out GW has been doing their best to replace the chimera with it, and now my favorite vehicle is 50% more expensive than it used to be with less firepower, no fire ports, no amphibious, and no mobile command center. It's practically junk next to the taurox, which is only slightly less durable and otherwise better at everything.

Mech guard also runs into the problem of scions being a better mobile alternative than transports because deepstriking is risk free now. You pay more for the scions than for guardsmen, but you get much better weapons, including tons of plasma/melta, and land in the perfect place every single time. You can't DS within 6" of a vehicle so no melta shennanigans, but you can still rapid fire shit into oblivion after appearing on the board and even still charge.

Basically transports are now just drive up, get out, shoot up close (then die) instead of drive, shoot from the back, drive, shoot, etc.

When's the day of the rope?

He already is a traitor you dipthong

>tfw you never be more loyal than the Lion
He had chaos whispering in his ear since he crawled out of his pod. He tore the Great Beasts of Caliban apart with his bare hands and Heracles'd a goddamn hell-spawned lion as a child.
He had the future of him and his legion revealed to him but still he would not waver and even had the common decency to apologise for a sucker punch unlike a certain hairy fuck.

Loyalty is its own reward

Dude a well executed old school paint scheme looks so fucking good.

I forgot to mention, emperor's children so I can make two detachments for that sweet 9 command points.

Can't warp time daemons because key words

>gets all his lore from shitposters
Read a book, nerd

demonstrate that this is the case

I wish it was mine makes ultras look good.

How do I improve this list?

Overlord
+Warscythe
+Resurrection Orb

12 Warriors

3 Canoptek Scarab bases

1 Triarch Stalker
+Heat Ray

1 Doom Scythe

Who is the best Primarch?

>Magnus dies in the supplement that introduces him because as a daemon he can walk it off

Who wants to bet this happens with every daemon Primarch?

Yeah they're used differently now.

>more than 50% more expensive
I think the rhino actually doubled.

>no amphibious
C'mon man, thats not even a thing

>no fire points, -1 BS after moving
Valid digs.

You posted him.

Objectively Guilliman.

Also, can't give orders from inside any more. Used to be the company commander's forward bunker, now the guy has to walk to use orders.

>you dipthong
I laughed more than I should have. I blame the Intro to English Linguistics courses I took in college.

my primarch cut your primarchs throat and laughed at him.

We can arrange to have a pain glove shipped over to the crimson fists, brother carlos.

Shame he couldn't lead so well.
Though that would still mean he couldn't get the job done.

>no amphibious
>C'mon man, thats not even a thing

I see you're never had a naval battle with orks for the Armageddon seas, with chimeras full of melta/demo charge guardsmen floating to makeshift torpedo orkish battleships.

I have. Chimeras were awesome just as they were.

Why do they have problems with vulkin?

He's black as in the color black not black as in the people who steal things.

Nah he's better.

Take a wild Guess.

Guilliman is a filthy eldar lover!

Of course. It's just like with Tyranids. The good guys have to win every time. The bad guys only have to win once. Can't have the baddies win too much or there's nothing left for the good guys to lose.

Is Khan ever going to get a release years down the line?

They've been playing up the Scars over the past few years and in the new codex

Dude what are you doing

Noise Marines champions with Combibolters when they can take a Sonic blaster?

Havocs with 4 heavy Bolters when you could have 5 Sonic Blaster Noise Marines, Give them real weapons like Autocannons/LasCannons or go with Noise Marines

The Herald isnt worth it for 10 Daemonettes, realistically Daemonettes arent worth it unless you play them in units of 20, theyre too squishy. Besides that youre scrapping your legion traits by taking a Herald. You als already got enough HQs

The only reason to include that herald is via reserves and if you have critcal mass of Warptalons or Possesed or are playing a straighup daemon detachment.

What is the point of the two 2 SpaceMarine Squad? Why do you only have 1 Plasma Gun instead of two? Drop the useless 5man Squad without special weapons and replace them with more Cultists + Plasmagun for the other 5man Squad.

The way you think your list up youll need more cultists anyway.

Helbrute is kitted out good moving on

Id go for 4x Lascannons on the Predator. You have enough ways to deal with Infantery

SERIOUSLY Consider Bikes over Tactical Marines, one bike costs only 1 point more than 2 Tacticals, has 8" more Movement, 2 Wounds and toughness 5, additionally you can give them CCW, Flamer/Melta AND keep the BikeCombiBolter.

Sure, the master of the cuck Legion who probably couldn't even take as many worlds as the Death Guard was "better."
Fucking brainlets.

>Sure, the master of the cuck Legion who probably couldn't even take as many worlds as the Death Guard was "better."
Straight up. Glad we agree

In 30k? Dorn is supposed to be next, then probably Sanguinius/Alpharius/Lion and sometime after that you can expect the Khan.

In 40k? Who the fuck knows.

Because qualified comments and nuanced arguments aren't really hallmarks of retardation.

Sallies are just bro-tier good guys who happen to have skin the colour of tar, but clearly that means they're the perfect target for the usual race-rants.

>posting an inferior swordsman when a better duelist and far superior general exists

Now don't you lot go posting that travesty that is the BL cover art of him. BL changes their art to resemble the 30k models,
not the other way round

Lion?

I've been away from 40k for a few years can someone explain to me how flamers work now?

(you) deserve it

Guardsman, are you telling me that you've misplaced your primer?

8" range, always hits.

>this shitty fan art

Looks nothing like his official portrayals.

They instantly do d6 hit on 8" and can be fired after Running/advancing and in overwatch

Dude themes his shit after gay bars and could rekt by curze

Primer's too expensive.

I just paint from the pot.

>Third Legion niggers think this is clever

>ha ha! I have captured these giant siege guns so horus cannot use them!
>I know, I'll give them to perturabo, he says he'll put them to good use at isstvan
I mean, how the fuck do you get deceived by "Mr People Skills" Perturabo?

Weirdly enough, I'm not as excited for 30k Khan as a potential 40k Khan and I play Scars in 30k

30k scars already play so differently than other legions that anything beyond their legion traits and rite of wars is just a bonus

A 40k khan coming back out of the webway like a loyalist doom rider would be fucking awesome

Also gib primaris jetbikes

didn The Lion break Cruzes back?

Random hits.

um you have a pressurised tank of promethium, some kind of hose and a valve. When the valve is opened the promethium is ejected in a stream over a pilot light which insights it

well memed

>legion traits
The codex isn't even out until next week and I need four HQs for the two detechments. Her job is to earn me 3 more command points and smite.
I only have so many sonic blasters.
And putting lascannons on the predator would take me one point over, are people Ok with that>

Is easier than you'd think

man I miss that pictorial army builder. bloody gw

So ever since 8th drop my flgs has been seeing a decrease in Tau players. A couple of them outright quit the game publicly (one of them because of what 8th did to Riptides.) It's weird really, it only seems to be the Tau players quitting, everyone else including me with my BA army are enjoying the new edition. Anyone else seeing this?

And yet Dorn out-rused Alpharius, with his Surprise Bitch, Unexpected Phalanx manoeuvre. It's all very confusing.

It is an objective fact that Sanguinius is the broest and best Primarch to have ever came out of the Emperors lab. He is also best son.