Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1669: ...Blood? Edition

Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Discord Chat
discord.gg/bfdbXax

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn (embed)

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/gc6Cc
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Before My Eyes... (+100 CP): You've suffered terribly. One of those you loved best was killed before you, and you were powerless to protect them. You couldn't tear your eyes away as they died in pain. You can't help but emulate some of their habits now in their honor; perhaps you always arrive late, or take on their hobbies, or else spend an hour everyday praying at their grave. It's affected badly though. You're broken inside, and while you maybe happy again, it's going to take time and the effort of your other loved ones to bring you back from the brink. And even then, you'll frequently relapse into depression. You will never be the same again.

How does this seem for the edge-eyes drawback?

OW THE EDGE.

Yeah, it's great.

Ya it's good for eggy eyes.

If you purchase a race option in a Jump at the end of the jump does it become an alt form or are those points essentially wasted when the Jump ends.

Is this JUMPER'S Blood?!?

Good, my edge shall be sharpened further.

The general rule is that it becomes an alt-form, to the point where most people don't bother including it in jumps.

>don't bother including a clause for it in jumps
Whoops.

I need ideas for a stand called [Save Rock and Roll]

I'm considering a magic free chain. What are some good jumps to build up science and tech skills, non-magical strength and durability, and willpower / chi / psi abilities that aren't explicitly magic?

Thanks!

Its a knight, with a bigass sheild and sword, that gets stronger the more damage you take.

Rick and Morty, Double Cross.

Need some self-training perks, does anyone have a list they can give me? Please and thank you.

Valkyrie core.

Shadow the Edgehog/10

It can store and release vibrations, including typical kinetic damage, and send out equal amounts of it later.

Changelog
edge eyes are now 400 cp + the new drawback
Rinnegan free, but require the edge eyes

I'll add in the scenarios later. I may ad one in which you get a village of Ninja as well.

Stranger Things is good for a lot of those things. It has a good science tree, the psychic abilities are decent, and the other backgrounds have some pretty useful perks as well, their capstones in particular are awesome.

AAAAAALL RIIIGHT!

You really are making us Uchiha live on the edge aren't you Tobirama?

>They may not be awakened due to events before this jump takes place.
Unless you pay for them and take the mandatory drawback right?

If we take The Warring Clans along with Boruto!, can we have the jump last from five years before Konoha is founded to all the way to Boruto's generation? Or is thirty years the maximum we can extend our time?

Yeah.
I'll change that real quick. Then I gotta go. THis migraine is kicking my ass.

Then doesn't that make Hyperbolic Time Chamber type stuff useless?

How would the church/clocktower/zelretch react to jumper type moon showing up in the early 1800's?

Semi related, anybody know when Zel and moon fought?

Hope you get better, thanks again Ninjanon for the jump and update. Here have an Aht

Cool, thanks Ninjanon. Hope you feel better.

Since we are paying CP for the Mangos can we not have our vision degrade?

We really need a Radiant Historia jump.

No, it just means that only people who are a great deal stronger and tougher than normal humans can use it.

Maybe look at the posts I'm replying to.

Yeah I know what you mean but, a new version is coming out that will add another story/route to it. Kinda fuzzy on the details desu.

I rule Hyperbolic time chamber etc. counts outside of time, otherwise there is no point in using them and I assume that is how they were supposed to be counted as.

Their reaction would be to freak the fuck out. We don't know exactly how long ago it was, only that it was many centuries ago. So, most likely by the 1800's Zel will have already been weakened. Considering he had to cripple himself to beat Brunested, you showing up would send everyone in the know into a panic.

>You will never be the same again
Uh, this does go away post-jump, right?

Jump # 185 Kamen Rider Neoheisei pt 2
Background: Transfer Student
Perks:
*Staying Fresh (0)
*Staying Hungry (0)
*Put on a Show (100, Discount)
*We Ride Together (200 Discount)
* living on a prayer (200)
*This is my stage, Now! (300, Discount)
*Shooting Star (300, Discount)
*Missing Piece (300)
*Make a wish upon a star (100)
Equipment(+400)
*variety bag of donuts (100)
*Juicy (0)
*Machine Astroidstar (100, Discount)
*Plamonster box (200)
Companions:
*Friendly Stars X 4 (400)
Drawbacks
*Rider Club (+ 0)
*Warlock, Now! (+400)
*I’m already a demon (+ 100)
*Stardust Allergy (+ 400)

Companions
*Akitsu, Arcueid, Tamamo, Yu Bel, Doom Chan, Dark Magician Girl, Magian’s Valkyria, Death
Background: Outcast
Perks:
*Sorcerer’s Apprentice, Living on a prayer, Immitation is the best form, Whoa here she comes
Equipment:
*Seal of Faust

I'm not sure what this ant is, but I like it.
Yes. Here.
Can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs. I'm making Konoha great again. Remove Uchiha.
The enforcement of it does, but the trauma of watching a loved one get painfully murdered
in front of you won't. It's an experience you went through. WIth therapy, or the proper perks though, you can get rid of it.

Drawbacks don't affect you after the end of a jump. Ever.
Unless you want to keep them.

If the point of the item is to alter time then it seems safe to assume that the items would work as intended. Regardless, I'll say now that a year spent in the one in AF only counts as a day toward total jump length

(Again I know nothing, so enjoy my misinterpretations of everything)
I cannot put in to words now how much this world frustrates me. I have spent 500 years in the same world before but it’s just the repeating, doing the same decades over, doing the same things fighting what essentially is the same type of monsters. I love being a hero and fighting for justice but this is too much. For the sake of my sanity I realized I had to destroy Kamen Rider. Not any individual Rider but the Concept.

Unfortunately I came to this realization in a world where powerful emotions like this could turn them in to monsters. I had those monsters and a jackass who could use them trying to increase my despair for their own power.

I had to rely heavily on my companions… Unfortunately One of them had been harboring some anger to me and so I wound up having to fight Maggy the Magician’s Valkeria because she got corrupted by a zoidart. I was able to purify her but I don’t think it helped clear her anger. She is still rather bitter about being rarely imported and being one of my weaker companions.

(Te be continued)

Speaking of corruption do to my own anger and despair I was constantly on the edge of forming a phantom or Zoidart of my own.

Anyways I started a bunch of programs giving people superior super powers to the Kamen riders using ever bit of knowledge and ability I had to grant people such powers. I taught super martials Arts, I awakened aura, I taught magic I did everything I could to make better superheroes and marginalize the Kamen Riders. In the end the monsters were defeated, the Kamen Riders helped but my new heroes shined. They became popular and a symbol of hope… The Kamen Riders sort of faded to obscurity.

Unfortunately the rise of super heroes meant the rise of super villains too. I never trained or created one but people do manage to get ahold of techniques and powers that were never meant for them…

Still even with the new Villains I believe more good than bad came of it… still I feel like somehow I robbed the world of something. I guess success isn’t always so sweet

>Updated Naruto Jump
Cool.

What would happen if we just revived our loved one after they died? I mean the trauma of them dieing would still be there but...where was I going with this again?

They're not sending us their best, folks. They're bringing edge. They're bringing elitism. They're assholes. And none of them are good people.

Conversely I imagine reviving whoever died with OOC stuff won't help much with the depression since it is drawback enforced?

Would doing that turn jumper into a neurotic overprotective nutjob?

Hope you feel better soon.

Itachi was sort of a good person, sort of.

Soon.

Shisui was a great person.

Yes, and no.

If an alt-form has any weaknesses do those apply to base form?

Likewise what powers from an alt-form are you allowed to access in base form. (Specifically asking for Overlord and the leveling system in that.)

Itachi is...weird. He's a good person, but I don't think he gets people, or understands how damaging his actions really are. He even admitted that he fucked up with Sasuke, after he was revived. I get that his basic intentions were something along the lines of 'get Sasuke to hate me and become strong, so that he can 'avenge' our clan and be strong enough to survive all the shit Danzo, Orochimaru, and Madara will throw at him', and his plan did work out...sort of, but it caused a lot of pain and misery on the way there.

Anything from an alt form only applies when you switch to that alt form, unless you buy a perk that allows otherwise. For Overlord, all you'd lose by switching to something else is the bonuses from your Race selection.

1.no

2.Usually yes unless it's tied directly to a physical aspect of the form i.e. a turtle Shell,a Elementals fire or specifically specified, not to apply in other forms

There are perks that cover both though

I think it's more accurate to say that "things" worked out. Somewhat.
In spite of his "plan", not because of it.

But okay, we can make allowances for a traumatized child soldier. I doubt many people could have done better or even as good given his situation.
He has generally good intentions and tries to avoid unnecessary killing if possible and doesn't get off on hurting people, so he's a good person by the standards of the setting.

Thanks that helps a lot.

I wonder how Albedo/Nazarik acts around an Angel. And not like Victim a legit white wing angel.

I kinda wish Overlord had an option to be one of the Supreme beings NPC now.

Debating whether I should companion Anko.

Also I love this line from the fanfic drawback >anything that increases the world's power level
dramatically considering what the power levels were like in the end.

Do it to save her the indignity of becoming a hambeast.

Looks good. I can feel the Kakashi-ness of it.
Is this what you would have to take to gain the mangenkyo? Is there any other costs?

Is there any set rules on how long it takes to shift to an Alt-Form?

Ignore me. I posted before looking at the rest of the thread.

No, there aren't.

No, but we have at least one perk that lets you transform instantly.

Nope. Fanwank something that makes sense to you.
Personally i go with something like Mystique in the X-Men Movies, so just a few seconds.

Only the ones you make yourself.

I think its supposed to instant or close to it.

I feel like switching mid battle without a perk may be a bit to strong so I am going to assume it's like a day

>, then you have may choose how both bloodlines aesthetically manifest.
Does this mean you can combine the two, or are they still incapable of merging into a singular eye?

I'm a little confused about this too. Can we have an example or two, Ninjanon?

Do you need your hand held for every little thing? Of course you could do that, so long as it's only an aesthetics thing.

If that's how you feel that's your decision.
My reasoning is this:
I paid for those forms with CP. What's the point if i can't use them without buying another perk?

And taking a few seconds in a battle where you're basically unable to defend yourself because of your shifting mass/balance and senses is a pretty risky proposition too, unless you're in a shonen anime jump where people will just stand around and wait until you're done.

Pic-related is the closest thing, it's from the Mass Effect Jump.

Considering that it goes against canon, I'd rather have it confirmed by Ninjanaon himself, thanks. I'd rather not take the risk of not doing so. (small as that risk is)

Combining the Sharingan in your left eye and Byakugan in your right so you have both in both eyes is more than cosmetic, which is why they're asking.

Personally I want to know if you have both do you still have all of the Sharingan and Mango abilities, since they use different eyes.

I'm not a fan of the body horror aspects of such a long transformation.

Many of them are completely distinct and operate on utterly different biologies. I've always treated it like the character select on the Lego games, a quick *boomph* and you're done.

Ninjanon does the quote in this post >54825945 mean that you can combine the two eyes into effectivly a third type of eye, with the ascetics chosen by the jumper and with both eyes powersets?
I really want to make sure I'm understanding correctly. And if you'll forgive me for pushing my luck: If you do that, would they breed true or would the jumper's children get one or the other type of eye?

Its not that you can't use them user. You just need to be smart, pick your battles and plan ahead

I mean. What I meant was that you would just sleep or meditate and poof there they are but you can only do so once per day.

See .

The closest thing we have to "rules" for them say that you can "swap" between them at-will. Hour long meditation hardly sounds like "swapping", let alone "at will".

For what it's worth, I think they can. But the eyes can't synergise together. Like he says only cosmetic, so you can't use Sharingan genjutsu through the Byakugan's range or ability to see through objects. Or Amaterasu for that matter.
Whether kids inherit, I'd think thats pure fanwank, user. Although if you have a perk for making sure your kids inherit...

Then what would be the point? Just always stay in your most powerful alt-forms, with little reason to ever change.

No smarts in the world will make a day-long shift useful in most situations.
There's lots of times where you don't get a convenient 24 hour warning and even more times when you really can't afford to stand around for 24 hours doing effectively nothing.

That conflicts with the generally accepted "at will" aspect of altforms though.

Are you still intending to make some scenarios, ninjanon?

3 points

1. It doesnt need to be hour long meditation after all you can meditate with only a few minutes.

2. Swapping is just that exchanging so yeah it does sound like swapping one for another.

3. At-will can eithier mean with great focus or the tabletop definition of at that moment.

Maybe you dont want the weaknesses of the form. After all you may not want to drink blood as a vampire but you need the temp boost to stave off the army of demigods coming your way

How about blending in? Lots of settings are human-only, and even in those that aren't your out-of-setting altforms are likely to cause at least some hassle, if not outright panic depending on the form.

>3. At-will can eithier mean with great focus or the tabletop definition of at that moment.
At-will generally means "as often as you want". As opposed to "x times per day" or "only every x hours".

Fair enough (to the second point)

>54823251
Yes here is the complete set of Hiashi's master plan.

imgur.com/a/gc6Cc

Sorry it took so long didn't notice till now.

Curse you brain of mine.

You said "once a day", which implies a several-hour long ritual.

Yes, swapping is /exchanging/ one thing for another. Which implies less of a gradual transformation and more something instant.

That's almost never what someone means by "at will".

But if you want to impose arbitrary and absurd limits on your on chain, you do you.

Both Pure Hyuuga and Uchiha indicate you can choose the aesthetics of the eyes if you have both, but Lost Hyuuga still has the "You have one of each" line.

Why are you forcing the "edge eyes" drawback on the Rinnegan? The manga/anime, as far as I know, never required the Mangekyo to unlock the Rinnegan, so it doesn't make sense to force that drawback.

Not to mention that paying points for something that sticks you with a drawback is unreasonable. Mandatory drawbacks are understandable in some cases, but forcing you to essentially pay for the drawback is over the top.

Plus, I noticed how you said in another post about how the emotional impact of the drawback endures past the jump, and that is a no-go for me. I'm fine with jumpers making mistakes that they regret over their journeys, but drawbacks are meant to only affect you within the jump itself.

In short, I strongly disagree to your changes to the jump.

In the anime it is shown that the Mangos are required to awaken the Rinnegan and the fact that every natural user of the Rinnegan also had Mangos implies it is true in the manga too.

Would a Rinnegan user with Hyuuga blood be able to go into Chakra mode?

>Why are you forcing the "edge eyes" drawback on the Rinnegan? The manga/anime, as far as I know, never required the Mangekyo to unlock the Rinnegan, so it doesn't make sense to force that drawback.
You know wrong. It is the case that you need the Mangekyo Sharingan to get the Rinnegan, not just the regular version.

Is it bad that I don't want the edgy eyes? I just got byakugan, the bone thing, and the seven tails. Used the massive amounts of chakra I had to make a suit of bone armor with a beetle-like appearance and went all kamen rider on this shit.
The first time I used it in public was in the chuunin exams. Third round preliminary, went up against Gaara, and he got me in the sand coffin. Popped right out and started taunting him before popping the gates and kicking his ass to kingdom come.

>never required the Mangekyo to unlock the Rinnegan

Wielders of the Rinnegan:
Nagato (not his eyes)
Madara (has Mangekyo)
Obito (Not his eye, but has Mangekyo)
Sasuke (has Mangekyo. Unlocked via Hagoromo's chakra)

Did I miss any humans that have the Rinnegan?

In the anime Hagaromo awakened the Mangos right before the Rinnegan.

The issue to me is more that you have to pay for the drawback to get the Rinnegan.