Veeky Forums WriteThread

Sometimes you need to paint a word-picture for your group, but your flowery prose is lacking.
Sometimes you need to prep a villain's speech, but your creative spark just isn't there.
And sometimes you just want someone to write you a comfy romance story about a Kobold and a human.

Welcome to the WriteThread, a place for writers to get some inspiration, and requesters to get their daily dose of text-vomit.

This thread works just like the Drawthread, post a request or fulfill one that interests you. Remember to keep lewd works off the the board(or at least inside a pastebin link)

Enjoy!

>Sometimes you need to paint a word-picture for your group, but your flowery prose is lacking.
>Sometimes you need to prep a villain's speech, but your creative spark just isn't there.
Arrrgh, way to make me feel down. This is my entire life.

>TFW you spent the past 15 years playing RPGs when you should have been reading high literature. As a result, your prose is completely plain-speech with no poetry or allegory whatsoever, and your mind is so governed by cliches that you are completely incapable of originality anymore.

Request: anything modern. I haven't seen anything like that around here in forever.

What kind of modern? 80's modern, Drenched in the 90's with my Pawg collection modern? Early 2000's modern, or 2017 "Why the fuck do we have an Emoji movie" modern?

No time like the present. Though we can leave out emojis.

That's just sad, I'm afraid I'm going to end up like you if I go to the same path.
I always GMd and now I just dont have the time for it anymore and want to use my creativity that I used for that to write a Urban Unease book similar to pic related or like The October Country of Bradburry. Anyway, everytime I write something I feel like I'm fucking retarded that lacks the tiniest bit of sensibility.
Request: Urban Unease short stories or Ideas, anything is welcome

Willing to fill short sci fi and fantasy requests. Hit me, i need to get writing again.

A delightful conversation between two brains in jars as they speed across the space to do nefarious space things.

Alright, give me a moment, I'll do it.

Bump.

I can't express my love for these.

holy shit I made a rough outline for a Urban Unease sitcom. It's not defined well enough to post but here were the basics.

>MC- Man child swindler who has childlike views of sex. FoB when it comes to the paranormal.
>Fairafax- Straight man and plot point. Constantly pulls pranks and mischeif
>(Para Invest)- Dumb cam-girl who doesn't realize she gives nudes constantly. Half scooby-doo Daphane half Candice from P&F

Episodes

MC has two dates to prom, he becomes a high advisor to warring Dwarves and Elves in the Garden
Fairafax takes MC to collect a soul, MC gets framed for murder
Cast gets trapped in vidya, genuinely want to stay are being forced out
Labrynth rip-off/parody
Accidentical zombie plague starts, no one cares but MC
Vampire family moves in (que racism episode) ends with they were ISIS plot twist
MC while trying to summon a succubus, accidently summons his dead father as an Incubus
"Lets dungeon crawl"
MC's date claims to have WIV (Eventually leads to lycanthropy), is peer pressured to continue seeing her

An unfortunate side effect of being divested of most of your flesh, is that you tend to leave most of your morals behind with it. Oh not at first certainly, not while the memories of your life before you moved beyond the need to eat or breath are fresh. But as one's memories of the limited life of the flesh gradually grow hazier one finds if very difficult to empathize with those species who haven't transcended their flesh yet. After a while those limited little beings with their short natural life spans and pathetic senses don't even feel like people.

Which brings us to John#301-4457 and Emily#238-9875, two formerly human beings who divested themselves of their flesh centuries ago to live eternally through the miracles of augmented living. Well, to live as long as they could power the machines that kept their final biological component, their brains, alive.

These weren't alone in undergoing the procedure of course. A vast majority of humanity had, and millions of would be eternal beings require quite a bit of energy. Which is why John#301-4457 and Emily#238-9875 were currently on their way to star system 3486C to harvest it's star.

Unfortunately when they arrived they hit a small snag.

"The planet is inhabited" John communicated to Emily through an electronic signal broadcast by his thoughts over the ships internal messaging system.

"Are they sufficiently advanced to force us to abort our mission?" Inquired Emily

"No, they haven't even developed powered flight yet, let alone weaponized space travel" replied John.

"Then what's the problem?" asked Emily "Just siphon off the star mater and lets go."

"Seems a shame to just kill them all" John mussed. "Maybe we should grab a few and take them with us."

"I'll never understand your fascination with pets" Emily replied exasperatedly "Besides, the ship is solid, the only compartments that aren't are the storage tanks and our own suspension systems, we can't take any."

1/2

2/2

John was silent for a bit, and then reopened communications "Well then lets at least dissect a few and decode their genome, for science's sake. No physical samples, just pure data. I'll store it in my own processing space. That way if we wanted to later we would have enough information to grow a few."

"You just want something new to run through that death trap of a maze you keep back home" replied Emily "What, get tired of watching Alpares and non-sythn humans die trying to get through it? Need something new?"

"I assure you my interest is purely scientific" John insisted. It wasn't, the scans showed a species adapted to jumping great distances, something none of the species he cultivated to run his maze had. John was intrigued.

"Fine, Fine" Emily groused " Just be quick about it."

And so it was that a sample was collected, the sun was harvested, and Emily and John went on their merry way.

Hope this was to your liking OR

Anyone taking requests / prompts?

Trying to figure out how to describe a tribe of Centaur savages that just took one of the players captive. The scene opens up in the encampment. Creative liberties are yours.

This dude again
Read what October Country wiki...
Though are images are opposites I still love anyone turning Urban Unease into a book. Even though I feel reoccuring characters are the way to go I'll put suggestions to your ideas
>widowed man discovers he can broadcast his memories to the TV but they seem more and more different than what he remembered
>employee of Riffoff Wal-mart is puzzled when it begins selling more and more odd , illegal and occultic items as more co-workers disappear (laid-off)
>Chef continues to see visions of body parts in their work
>When a man discovers of a future telling radio frequency he shuts himself in to continually avoid his immenant death
>Elmhurst Orphanage has a basement only used for when the bad behavior children leave. They never visit.
>A vacationing couple is stranded in a small town during the Hokousha Tengoku where everyone can have a great time provided they avoid the night
>Flirty office sticky notes from a stranger grow more violent and pervasive as they progress
>A hemophilic woman begins dating a bloodbank manager. He seems facsinated with her condition
>A man gambles his soul in a game of poker and wins but starts seeing visions
> An artist moves to an abandoned building and discovers a young girls diary and drawings which grow distorted as they progress

I REALLY love Urban Unease, you need anything I'm your guy

Can you tell me a bit about the setting? The tone of the game you are going for? Maybe a bit about the centaurs in your game? I'd be happy to throw out some ideas for you, but if I knew a bit more about what you are going for I might be able to help more.

Also, how did the pc's get captured? That's important.

good stuff m8

Would you mind doing some modern paranormal stuff? Present day with some monsters and magic? If so Let me know and I'll give you a few prompts to choose from.

Thanks, if you have any other requests or if anyone else has something they'd like done I could do another.

Damn, I thought it was hard to find ppl with similar taste, we should have a group or something to discuss ideas and references or smth

For the most part, the campaign is a Sword and Planet / He-Man Eternia style mix of fantasy and tech.

The centaurs are the most savage and far removed from technology, and basically a roving horde that no one fucks with. Players were on their turf, and tried to stand their ground. They (centaurs) ran them down, KO'd 2 of them, captured the single warforged while the rest of the party hid.

The next session is the party trying to sneak in and find out what happened to their friend.

Go ahead and post them. I'll be logging off for the night but someone else might pick them up.

hit me up if you need help man spoiler facebook /david.johnville /spoiler

>man begins to see through the glamour disguising a fairy who works at the local bar.

>hunter encounters the wild hunt

>something with fung shwei.

>something with fung shwei.

Probably combine it with some Asian Brownies, or the 100 years doll.

Do the hundred year old doll.

Anyone want to do a story about a band of adventures who saved the world being invited into a royal party, only for the king to find that the party is made up of nasty monster races (goblins, slimes, ect)?

Requesting fluff about the PURE love this AdMech has for his Toaster.

>your prose is completely plain-speech with no poetry or allegory whatsoever
I have the opposite problem. I lack the ability sometimes to just directly state things, especially important things that need to be stated in a direct and informative way. I end up purple-prosing or just meandering around the concept I'm trying to get across, like right now.

It's frustrating especially when you're trying to introduce magic into a story, and you suddenly lack the ability to not sound like a boring history professor's dissertation.

K, I'll get you something in the morning. I gotta get some sleep. Sorry for the delay.

Bumping for interest.

Setting is grassland / savannahs, but the encampment is towards the beginnings of forest land.

Bumping.