Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

Beastclaw Raiders Edition (Not Dead Game Sub-Edition)

resources
>pastebin.com/Cb3X4ZKW

Core rules
>games-workshop.com/en-US/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Rules

Skirmish
>mega.nz/#!jMQxCa6C!9TQ324QTcZ7nDJbv2Q7uQ9xg442K-UA-dtK2wTLxFPw

General Handbook
>mega.nz/#!nMpnGQBS!Ew5rz8JMzKi5e7_mtN9nibMGY3UWO5jwOl8DIf9UZ1I

Army builder
>warhammer-community.com/warscroll-builder/

Custom Warscroll Designer
>runebrush.pa-sy.com/warscroll/

First for Nurgle battletome

anyone have good wolf chariot conversions? It's the only model I know that's equal both in dollars to points, so it's pretty shit.

WHERE IS MY FIMIR BALEFIEND FORGEWORLD???
WHY WON'T YOU GIVE HIM TO ME???

Maybe it's going to be an event exclusive? Or they're waiting for a new campaign.

Lexicanum needs help getting things up to date for age of sigmar.

Has anyone played with or against bile trolls or plague toads? What were your experiences like?

Are soul grinders decent? Never seen one fielded.

I think its weirs that the plague hulk and nurgle daemon prince disappeared from the FW website.

what is a good army for lonely people with no friends?

who /spacelizard/ here

I didn't think a paragraph could give me this pleasurable of an erection.

Reminder that the previous thread needs to reach bump limit first.

tomb kings

>obligatory soon

[Spoiler]you faggots jumped the gun harder than the 40kfags on this new general, I'm impressed [/spoiler]

>be a tomb king memeposting fag
>can't fucking spoiler right
Life is suffering

Old thread past bump limit

Squigs as battleline. Discuss.

I think it could work as a fun army but the squig warboss seems kind of eh by comparison to the normal goblin. So ya more bounce and chomp but without damage potential.

The boss off the squig can still buff the squigs with double damage.

Isnt it the case onmy the general can use command abilities? The squig boss only has extra boingy

they already FAQ'd that you can only have one unit of fanatics hiding in a moonclan unit anyways

so you can't hide a bunch of 1 fanatic units in a moonclan unit

Yeah but you can just use the boss on foot as the general. Really it depends on what you need that game. Need the squigs to get the somewhere fast? Take boss on squig. Needs something to lay down some hurt? Take boss on foot.

I think he meant that it was sometimes more cost effective to have just 1 fanatic in a unit as a speed bump to stop enemy charges rather than spam a crap ton of 1 unit fanatics in a single unit.

Ah I thought the requirment was to have squig boss as general. In that case I can see their logic to balance changes besides increasing the squig boss points so high. Looking good so far though. Now I just hope Troggoths got a point reduction. Would be nice buff.

FAQ says I have to release them all at once not that there can only be one unit hiding.

Yeah that would be nice. 200 for three seems a touch too much as they currently are

Soon

As far as I know, it just requires MOONCLAN Allegiance. So just keep your stuff Moonclan and you get them squigs/ squig hoppers as battleline.

Plague toads aren't too scary. I'd still look out, they tend to be a good distraction.

I'd like it. Squig bois aren't overly powerful. They pack a punch but can't really take one. It'd make for an interesting dynamic for sure.

It certainly makes making a moonclan army cheaper. That said id still at least like 2 night gob units as core. Squigs with herders are fine but hoppers seem kind of mediocre. Also more spin2win the better.

Question about the setting

So is it kind of like Stargate with realmgates serving as links between fuck huge distance apart planets? Because how the lore makes it sound like each realm is some infinite expanding landmass of various things always confuses the fuck out of me.

Yeah as far as I have heard, hoppers are not worth their points. One guy I know keeps telling me people just haven't figured out how to use them properly but honestly? They just kinda blow.

Boy I kind of want to get into this because Sigmarines really Dark my Souls, but jesus christ why does everything have a stupid fucking name?

Ya if you look at their damage and attacks its not really good at all. Has the guy actually used hoppers well?

Cause while I dont have points on hand, i can only see their real use as very cheap shooting fodder or a charge screen.

I hope GH2 fixes slaves to darkness. I have a half finished S2D army but stopped because the army is just so bland and boring to play. The army lacks rend, damage, range, and general synergy between units.

In the lore sigmar has walked across all the realms, so they're not infinite, just big enough for your dudes to fit in however you want

Just play S2D Mark of Khorne

You get access to bloodsecrators, slaughter priests and magic weapons, magic armour, command traits, etc

The guy doesn't even play grots. I'm the lone grots player in my store. I've run one or two games with them using them specifically to screen or nab objectives, but they have no staying power or real bite to them to be effective at either.

I'm sure if (big hopeful if) Moonclan gets a battletome, there will be something to make them more effective and enticing for certain, but until them, they are the weakest grot "cavalry" choice.

I think since they reboxed them there is an OK chance of a battletome. Worst case at least we know GW is supporting them in that they are still integral to the range.

Huh. Its always the ones who DONT play your army who think they know. Good to know though. Got my box of grots (sadly square based) and troggoths so underway myself. Will start with skirmish first mind.

Makes sense with the hoppers though. Look nice but just glass with no cannon.

>no real bite to them

Nice

Yeah I am hoping they get a battletome, Night gobbos were what got me into warhammer to begin with, but the fact that one way or another with this GHB update they are getting support is nice and the fact that they reboxed them gives me some hope

Lets keep our heads (hoods) in there so. Least we aret the normal orcs and goblins. We are safe but poor gits didnt get much of anything in the review. Lets keep bouncing on. Hope to post my WIP here in the coming weeks.

Looking forward to seeing it

Is anyone going to pickup that reaper bones blood thirster from bones 4?

Bones 4 won't deliver to later backers until mid 2020 at the earliest, and will not his retail until early 2022 most likely

Lizardmen best order army

yeah but it's a $15 blood thirster

you can get a 15 dollar blood thirster off ebay that won't take 3 years to get to you

false

After reading that huge 40k chaos fluff thread, I must say I am pretty happy where AoS Chaos are right now in the fluff by comparison.

To ensure they're fully copyrightable.Thank Chapterhouse for that.

you think the fluff is bad? just look at the 40k rules

when florida man wins that lawsuit GW has to surrender all their warhammer trademarks to the public domain anyway.

it will never happen. that affidavit reads like a schizophrenic person's word salad.

Is it utter nonsense or is there a chance this guy might do some real damage?

florida is a batshit state with a screwed up court system, but a lot of his claims are pretty crap.

He says GW committed fraud because of some very flimsy arguments about how in the early days they drew a lot of inspiration from other sources. Claiming WFB and AoS are "a 110% ripoff of tolkein" is just wrong, even if the inspiration was clearly there (as it was for D&D, Warcraft, and almost every fantasy novel written in the past few decades)

he says GW has a monopoly on sci and fantasy wargames in the US, but numbers say GW is actually #2 in both sci-fi and fantasy at the moment. Hardly a monopoly.

He also calls out GW on their online sales policies that ran from 2003 to 2017. Not sure why he waited until AFTER they revise the policy to file a suit though...

and a bunch of other batshit stuff about how his personal store went under or something and that he blames GW.

most of the stuff will get throne out, but the stuff about price fixing or the online policy might be a sticking point for GW, or maybe mot. GW has a very well paid legal department, so I expect an out of court settlement with a gag order to be the worst that ever comes of it.

the guy not only submitted an unintelligible rant outlining all the wrong doings GW has done, he also incorrectly submitted it and has been warned to follow proper procedure

absolutely nothing will happen

So basically it got thrown out before it even got to court

>throne out
>thrown out
good grief

no, they processed it, it just already looks like the florida man is a screaming retard

Welcome to Florida, user.

oh Florida Man...

whenever an rpg falls apart the unresolved PCs become real boys.....in the everglades, where they run amok and murderhobo as long as they live

To be fair, we hear about Florida Man because unlike many other states, Florida makes all their records public, so finding out about crazies is way easier there.

Complete newb to AOS here. What is the general direction of AOS for the next 12 months? I kinda want to get in but I'm not really interested in the armies they have out right now.

As a side note, i still have a full high elves army from 8th edition, is it worth bringing to a game?

Anyone knows how Kharadron Overlords are selling?

I really like theyr aesthetic, so I hope they release soon the Start Collecting! box and hopefully something more

Have any of you guys ever made any custum terrain for Aos?

now i want kharadors , fyreslayers and normas dwarfs to has one keyward be

they selling like hot cakes. start collecting box wll be probobly next year

Currently building a terrorgheist with ghoul king on top.
Anybody can give tips on how to fit the king on top? I don't see any holes or sockets for the feet, just glueing it to a random point seems like the king would just fall over.

Yes. Working on my armies on parade display atm. It involves a tower and a lot of water effects.

Noice then

I'd love if they release a Skirmish warband with the Start Collecting! box, to be honest

This is an interesting art style.

counters for this?

Drill a hole somewhere along the spine of the Terrorgheist and pin the GK to it

>playing total war
>attacking bretonnian peasant farmers in fields outside castle
>bretonnian lord takes to his mount and storms out of the castle with tons of glorious knights to defend his lands
>haven't felt these feels with Warhammer in over 10 years
>I cannot buy the models to recreate this in AoS

I want a bretonnian army so bad now but cant buy the goddamn models. Empire knights just wont do. Goddammit now I hate stormcast even more.

pics!

With ally rules youll be able to take 400 points of blight kings, deamons or skrye dudes.
Good time to be a smelly rat

Who cares? This is the AoS general, not the WFB one.

yes but how do i counter this?

Don't like wargaming, but I like collecting the minis, painting them, and putting them on display.

I'm looking to create a scene to put inside my glass stand, complete with painted terrain and all, of 2 big armies clashing together. I've decided to go with Stormcast Eternals for the first army, but I'm not sure about the second one.

Who do the SE usually fight the most? Archaon's dudes? Or some other Chaos faction?

thematically and lorewise the SCE vs Chaos is quite proper.
Including a good mix of men and demons would be fitting.

There's plenty of third party options for 28mm Knights/Peasants. From the cheap and cheerful stuff from Wargames Foundry, the decent value Perry Miniatures (who actually designed the Bretonnian range) to the high quality & high cost stuff from the likes of Gamezone or TMS.
If you only play at a GW then yeah you're shit out of luck unless you want to get gouged on eBay.

I may play 40k, but Warhammer fantasy battles is where my heart will lay, It still hurts mates.

sorry that your game died user, but wfb's awful rules and derpy models kept so many out of the game that it has now become successful since being shitcanned and turned into something fun. You have your own general, go commiserate there.

warhammer fantasy tabletop was pure shit, AoS is far better

total war: warhammer is cool at least

Just now I noticed the lead liberator's left eye can be seen!

I would personally go for Ironjaws in terms of display.

Khorne has some excellent models that would pair up nicely against stormcast, some gems I'd recommend:
Skarbrand
Blood Warriors
Deathbringers of all types look great
bloodcrushers/skullcrushers

seeing the face behind the mask is great, and nicely evocative of the SCE's situation lorewise as well.

they won't get a SC! the fyreslayers got an SC because they weren't selling well

>mad at stormcast
>mad because smelly nerds didn't buy bretonians when they had the chance

I actually don't understand this thinking at all, why are you blaming something which has been out for two years for the sales data from 2-10 years ago?

Stormcast had no interaction with bretonians

so go talk about it in wfg

dumb neckbeards are just looking for anything to blame for warhammer fantasy dying, stormcasts are an easy target

hurr durr sigmarines

Today I went to my LGS and found AoS isnt played there. I go to my local GW down the road and they got an AoS night each tiesday averaging, supposedly, 8-10 people. Now even anons on Veeky Forums know some characters they mert at either LGS and GW but GW tends to stand out more.

My main concern is either im too old (kids) or too young (40+) people. Also the usual type of characters you tend to run across. Should I bite the bullet and just go?

just go and have fun

I wish there was any place at all nearby that played games

Well alright then. Id rather adults than kids. Hope thats the case. Wish me luckm

most people inside a gw are 20+ years old

I know. I have always floated the GW in my town but its not unusual to see some kids.

What are you talking about? Perry brothers still sells knights and shit.
Oh wait, were tou talking about GW Bretts? Don't you know that NO ONE bought them? Like, not even actual bret players?