YOU ALL LAUGHED AT ME

YOU ALL LAUGHED AT ME.

YOU ALL LAUGHED AND TOLD ME THAT PHASING WOULD NEVER COME BACK.

LOOK WHO'S LAUGHING NOW!

I love phasing, but it's not coming back. It's a Commander product, user. They can feature cool one-offs all they want. And even if they do put some more phasing cards in the precon, we'll never see it in a draft again.

W-we can draft the precons! Phasing draft is still alive!

I'm just sad that I can't run it in my Taniwha Phasing EDH.

banding when?

Sounds like this was just a passing moment.

WELL HELLO THERE

Bitch please

Banned in Commander, rightfully so.

It won't come back in a Standard legal set.
It also won't come back without reminder text.
I don't think anyone ever said it was impossible to come back in a supplemental product. Fucking Urza can be in a supplemental product.
Protection from the chosen player WAS printed in a supplemental product.

Looks like D&T and Maverick now have a cool tech against combo in Legacy.

I'm not sure why you'd bring back banding when you could just use Dolmen Gate to have the damage-related upside without your entire band getting chump-blocked by one fucking token.

Because while both phasing and banding are complicated rules-wise, banding sucks pretty bad while phasing can be useful sometimes.

user, you have no idea what you're talking about. Banding is some of the most powerful defensive tech in the game and as a side benefit lets you milk attack triggers without (much) fear of losing anything important. Baton of Morale is a staple for my Sultai Sidisi and would probably be an autoinclude with Alesha to that the boss could band up with a death trigger

>banding sucks pretty bad

I don't think you truly understand how strong banding is. Banding can be used on both attack or block and pretty much allows you to dictate all combat damage assignment. Dolmen Gate works only on the attack. You want to talk about Chump blocking? Eight 1/1 creatures with banding can block a Vanilla 8/8 creature and force them to deal all 8 points of damage to a single 1/1 creature.

Good news, Dolmen Gate lets you milk attack triggers without fear of losing anything important.

Or if you want defensive tech, Defensive Formation's better than Baton of Morale.

If you cast it at the beginning of YOUR upkeep with panoptic mirror, it just means you have a turn where nothing can happen except you cast 0 cost cards because your lands are phased, and your opponent gets another turn to set up.
It doesn't even protect from "win the game" effects.

Also it phases out your mirror as well, no idea what order that works, if imprint stays, or anything else.

Good combo for a judge tower, but not much else.

Yeah, the imprint stays in this case because phasing is weird that way.

If panoptic mirror left for any other reason it wouldn't remember the imprint.

It DOES mean that your opponent needs either an instant speed artifact destruction spell or a way to instawin on their own turn without touching you (or being able to do some combo in your upkeep in response to the Protection to kill you)

Cast Balance/Restore Balance. Hold priority. Cast this. Next match?

>While they're phased out, they're treated as though they don't exist.
>tfw you have phasing.

Nice try, I caught you existing.