Reaper Bones General /RBG/

It's that Time of Year again Veeky Forums, time to bring out your piggy banks for a mad grab of stuff you'll probably never paint.

kickstarter.com/projects/1513061270/reaper-miniatures-bones-4-mr-bones-epic-adventure/description

>What the heck is Reaper Bones?
Reaper Bones is a brand of miniatures, reaper makes new molds of their metal sculpts and produces Vinyl figures

>Why should I care about Reaper Bones?
You can get a bucket load of miniatures for cheap, like an actual bucket load. They show up in shoeboxes.

>How long do I have to wait to get them?
Short answer? A long time, it's usually about a year, the earlier you back the earlier they ship, currently they're looking at February 2019

>That's a long time
Yes it is, but you're not going to get minis like these for quarters on the dollar any other way.

Yes you heard that right, quarters.

Currently there are 93 miniatures available in the core $100 pledge, which grows as the kickstarter swells in backers.
The first bones ended up around 250 minis for the low price of $100.

If you're curious for more information, you're in the right place:

>How do I paint reaper bones?
First you wash them, get a tooth brush from the dollar store and scrub them using warm soapy water. Rinse the suds off and then they're good to go.

There's a back forth contention in the community for the next step, Reaper advertises that the PVC Bones material does not require priming. Many people prime anyways. Popular primers are Krylon from walmart or any other hardware store. Cheap cheap cheap. Cheap and good.

Next apply your preferred acrylic with your preferred acrylic delivery method, if you need more direction than this, well, there's over a million painting tutorials out there.

>What are some of the goodies this year?
youtu.be/bb6Oxe65NsA

I desire those female fighters edition

Other urls found in this thread:

reapermini.com/bones4
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Current swag for $100, what do you guys like the most? I adore the bedeviled pack, number 72 has me excited.

The apes will make a nice addition to my collection too

For extra money you can get extra minis, still great values, some of the biggest and best will be available here, the idea is you spend more than $100 which fuels everyone else's $100 pledge.

The Nargiauth interests me the most, it looks like it could be a NOT BLOODTHIRSTER for the low price of roughly 10% the cost of a GW bloodthirster. You could get almost ten of these guys for the price of one GW model.

Almost

And of course, what's coming next, if about 90 people buy in to the $100 pack (or a bunch of people buy options) these femme fatales are added

Of course there are usually buy-in-frenzys nearing the end of a kick starter (the mid points are the low-points) so these lasses are almost guaranteed, the trick is you want to unlock them sooner to see what comes after sooner.

And of course, the more recent Reaper Bones kickstarters have had SIDE-BUNDLES which increase in size just like the primary option, but you have to opt in to them separately

So we're at $1,178,395 right now, but if we reach $1,210,000 and you buy chronoscope you get a bunch of fantastic looking objective markers for any sci-fi game.

Apparently the picture didn't upload, weird

So just what do you do with all these minis? Well you're on Veeky Forums figure it out.

In all seriousness any RPG goes hand in hand with these, you get a massive amount of stuff perfect for adventurers or encounters, gaming groups chipping in and picking this up is a no brainer.

For other games /awg/ (alternative wargames general) has a laundry list of sweet tabletop games worth checking out There's all sorts of simple and complex skirmishing games.

And of course GW favourites, for example chronoscape could make some amazing necromunda gangs, or shadow war armageddon kill teams. While the main set is perfect for mordeheim or even whfb or aos.

I'm looking at you mr. Nargiauth. Sweet sweet discounted NOT A BLOODTHIRSTER

these would be cool for pathfinder

I want some for Advanced Songs of Blades and Heroes

Muh nigga. That's pretty much the only thing I use these for.

really for $100 you can split the box with four or five people and everyone walks away with two or three warbands, big sized ones too

they're great for doing Halloween gaming nights or other themed parties

I went thirdsies with 2 other dudes on bones 1 and we took turns choosing items from the core set. I still have minis to go, but I have been buying other bones minis from retail as well.

They're brilliant. It's so fun creating profiles based on the looks and perceived personalities of the minis. They are also very easy to convert and paint. They are just a fun and big miniatures line.

My favorites are always the bigguns, the cthulhu from bones 1, the purple wurm from bones 4, I love to add crazy boss battles (kind of like mmo battles) whenever there's a gaming get together

I like that too. I'm experimenting with some rules for encounters of teams of heroes vs really big monsters.

Just giving a monster gargantuan and tough may not be enough. So I think big epic boss battles may depend on the scenarios more than whittling down the big bad.

I usually go with ads and other stuff, like destroying objectives to weaken the boss

Same page bro. Like facing some big magical dragon. It could have a combat score of 6, but destroying power crystals could drop the c to something more manageable. Too bad they're protected by by wyrmlings!

yeah, you feel me, makes for some really great times to be had by all

>3 unique posters in the thread
>probably all sitting in the same office at Reaper HQ

Do you guys get good overtime pay, or are you just salaryfags?

>be tg
>whine that gw is too expensive
>this other cheaper alternative appears
>fucking schills leave

????

Nope, considering I don't work for reaper. I'm just having a conversation with a like minded user. So you can fuck off.

Just takin the piss m8, relax. Did they cut your dental plan again?

honestly working for reaper would be pretty swell, I bet they get free bones minis

I hope the dancing hut isn't part of the Deadmere expansion asI have little for decorative items.
But I approve that there's finally a Bones figure that can be used for a not so young witch.

clickity clack get into my maggotcrown bonesack

fuck, I bought most of those in metal already

What dancing hut?

This one!

To be fair it's a nice model, even if some people don't necessarily want it

yeah I'm hearing a lot of people already have these in metal, probably a bad decision, they should have done this in bones 2 if not even bones 1

good fake?

>shill thread #5 when we've deduced this isn't going to be a ridiculous Kickstarter again and at this point who needs more white rubbery plastic

$1 a mini is always good man, don't be salty

I bought bones 1, forgot about bones 2 and 3 (really regret 3 especially that fuckhuge 60 dollar dragon) and am 220 dollars in to the 4th one

more fuckhuge dragons NOW

I found bones 2 wasn't as good as bones 1 and bones 3

Sure.

wow its pretty big. they will probably charge like 30-40 for it since they have been getting more jewish with the pricing lately

They have had one hueg kit for each of their Kickstarters, and have yet to show their hand for this one

I kind of want it just for the house. I would love to see them put out some decently sized and reasonably priced terrain pieces.

I didn't mean the hut was fake, I meant the Reaper Bones 4 bg for it

kaladrax was an accident because they scaled it up 50% from what it was supposed to be

it's not fake it's just not released in the KS yet. it's a teaser. reapermini.com/bones4

Bones 2 also had the Tarasque.

If you have access to a 3d-printer, Fat Dragon will start another Kickstarter campaign next month.

oh sick

I still hate those baby dragons, fuck them

the titty amazons though? yeah I'm a huge perv I'll be buying those

I wonder if there will be a third expansion pack

They're Spartans

I really love that turtle dragon. Im Kickstarting this solely for that

Nagendra, lycanthrope and the dragonborn.