Greatest block of all time?

Greatest block of all time?

No. Terrible block. Worst block since Kaladesh.

Under what standards?

It's one of the better blocks in a few years, sure.

It's no Ravnica but it was okay

That would be Innistrad

Ice Age is the greatest block of all times because it had dinosaurs.

Of course, when that new Aztec Dinosaur block comes out, I'll just throw away all my Ice Age cards because DINOSAURS MOTHERFUCKER!

Odyssey is probably the best block of all time, as far as all-around quality goes.

Power level wise urza block literally cannot be topped. The guys making the cards don't have the teeth to print shit like that again.

KANGZblock is better than TRAINZblock, but that's not a high bar.

The greatest block of all time would be Time Spiral block, with probably either original Zendikar or Urza's as the second place. Amonkhet probably doesn't even make top 10.

I came here to post same opinion. Time spiral was GOAT, with Ravnica and Urza's being up there as well. Mirrodin had awesome flavour, but fuck that standard

Greatest Block.

>Odyssey is probably the best block of all time, as far as all-around quality goes.

My fellow subhuman African!

Glad to see Time Spiral getting the love it deserves.
>original Zendikar
I'm curious, why does that top e.g. Innistrad in your eyes?

Not that user, but the flavor of Zendikar was much better (fucking adventurers out the ass), and it didn't have cumbersome mechanics like Innistrad's werewolf transformations. I actually got back into MtG for a while because of Innistrad, but it was such a disappointment and waste of potential.

It's okay. Not as good as OG Zendikar or the original Ice Age block, but eh. I had fun with it.

Why is that giantess flashing the village?

Original Innistrad
Time Spiral
Odyssey
Original Ravnica
Lorwyn

Top 5

*Ahem*

Lorwyn

cause it was so chill

Fuck you

Fuck you

You guys are cool

But really the greatest block was pic related. It was a revelation when it came out and easily the best pre-modern borders block. Time Spiral is a close second though.

Easily Time Spiral, Lorwyn, OG Innistrad, and OG Ravnica. Special mention to Tarkir because triple Tarkir draft/standard was fun.

I thought it was theros 2.0

The limited is much better.

Shadowmoor

Tempest
and
Timespiral

I'll always be fond of Invasion even though in hindsight it was all over the place, but it was the peak of WotC lore-driven blocks

Jed Clampett, obviously.

>Original Innistrad block
>With Avacyn Restored drafted
No. Innistrad is one of the best sets, but not the best block

Og Zendikar had great flavor and was filled with extremely powerful cards, and came out before WotC decided to try and put a new gimmicky card frame in every set and cumbersome mechanics like transform.

Lorwyn/Shadowmoor

They 'don't have the teeth' to print things like Urza's block again because they were told if they did that again they'd all get fired, and almost WERE all fired at the time.

probably this

Invasion draft is great, thankfully boxes of that block are still pretty reasonably priced.

I like Amonkhet. It's punchy in a way that is more fun than Tarkir was but not quite as fun as the best punchy set of all time (Lorwyn).

Amonkhet also has some of my favorite lore in recent years. I'd say it's my favorite original setting since Innistrad. I'm very happy about the 5E supplement that put out for it. That plus the art book gives me everything I need to base a campaign in Amonkhet.

>Greatest block of all time?

The fact that you're even suggesting that tells me you started playing like a month ago.

>Greatest block of all time?
That is the incorrect picture you silly Billy.

There hasn't been a good block since alpha.

Since 7th Edition ya dork

Companion Cube, he died for your sine
...you monster.

/thread

But that's not Urza Block.

>tfw started playing last month
God I hope they come out with good shit. Blocks like Ravnica look like they'd have been godly to play in