Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

CSM codex today edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

faggots all

Reminder that Lion has been and always will be a best

Are bloat drones any good?

Yeah, they're pretty good for clearing objectives and harassing weaker units. 1 is usually not enough and 3 feels like too much. I think 2 should be in every DG army.

What powers to run on Magnus? Weaver of Fates and Warp Time are obvious ones, but what about others? Death Hex sounds neat, Gifts of Chaos could be useful, especially against Harlies and Prescience lets him both buff terminators and allow himself to proc DttFE on 5+.

I'm thinking Weaver of Fates, Warp Time and Death Hex, for now.

How do they compare to the Hellturkey?

i have acquired 4 and i already had 3 of the forgeworld ones...

Magnus isn't even in C:CSM you retard. Who knows what powers TSons will get?

Don't have the codex yet, can Chaos Bikers take a chainsword, the bolter and a flamer?

>TTS
Please return to plebbit.

I haven't used a turkey yet, but going by the stats the turkey is worse at burning trash off objectives but faster and better in melee.
How are you finding them? I find if I take three my army loses too much raw killing power. Haven't tried the FW ones yet.

He knows Hereticus discipline, autismo-kun.

>what is Index Chaos
You are so fucking stupid, the second most retarded being in existence would appear a genius next to you.

They are the same as the index, only cheaper.

Yes, in the Index. Not the Codex hereticus discipline.

>Implying TTS isn't 99% Veeky Forums memes.
Fuck off newfag.

Cool. So, can they?

And what page in the index are Weaver of Fates and Death Hex on again?

Look it up yourself. I have a strict no-spoonfeeding policy.

>implying TTS isn't 99% thing from 1d4chan that retards think are still Veeky Forums memes
ftfy

Yeah, if by Veeky Forums you mean half a decade old 1d4chan articles, sure! /r/warhammer is the other way.

You have to use the most recent rules. So Codex Hereticus > Index Hereticus

I'm on mobile man, please

Except that Magnus is an Index only model. Try again sweetie.

Convince me not to throw more money at GW, I don't want to do this.

>Ignoring all the TTS references in the last thread
ftfy

See

>not having all the codex/index epubs on your phone to browse through when bored

>autistic TTS retard is also the one pushing retarded codex WAACfaggotry
Of course. Only reddit could conjure such autism.

Magnus is Index only, the rules for Hereticus are Index and Codex. Therefore Codex Hereticus takes precedence.

Not enough storage

But that's wrong. Magnus only knows the Index Hereticus.

>Autistic redditor is the one pushing rules lawyer faggotry
ftfy

but no tho

Isn't that what he said?

>you're a redditor if you dislike my stale meme sock puppet theater
Ok, reddit.
>le navy seal pasta, le so le funny amirite? xD

Show me where it says that.

Great argument.

Yeah, cept he's the one doing it

Okay Archons, looking for some advice on the last piece in a fairly casual take all comers 50PL list (yes yes, PL bad, its what people around here play).

So far I've got

>Archon with Blaster
>Sslyth x 2
>Kabalites x 5 with Blaster
>Trueborn x 5 with 2 Blasters, 2 Splinter Cannons
>Raider (for Archon, Sslyth and Kabalites) with Dark Lance
>Venom (for Trueborn) with 2 Splinter Cannons
>Reavers x 9 with 3 Blasters, 3 Grav Talons and Painbringer

Puts me at 43 PL. I was running Scourges so far but they've underwhelmed me and I'd like to try something else.

Main options are:
Drop 1 Sslyth for a Medusae and a Ravager (probably with Disintegrators but we'll see), nice and simple and lots of dakka

Drop 1 Sslyth for 5 Incubi and a Venom, gives me some credible melee troops but I think they'll be too few to really impact

The Visarch; giving this one some real thought because I am incredibly bad at forgetting about Power from Pain bonuses but would likely remember Soulburst, he's also a decently killy HQ which I could use. Having him and the two Ssylths in a fight would be nice, especially as they're considered individual characters for triggering his effects. Also one model is nice and easy to paint and transport.

Similarly, considering a Solitaire from the Harlequin list; seems like a good distraction carnifex kind of thing, who would also tear up marines pretty well which is something I'm reliant on Blasters for right now.

So basically
>Ravager
>Incubi
>Visarch and go Ynnari
>Solitaire

Open to other suggestions too, but I'm pretty happy with the rest of the force as is.

There is no such thing as "Index" or "Codex" Hereticus, autismo-kun. Magnus doesn't know "Index" or "Codex" Hereticus. There is only Hereticus, which Magnus knows and which got updated in CSM Codex.

Guys, can I get some help with a character premise?

Reading about Genetors/ Biologis AdMechs, I'm curious the extent to which I can get away with them. I didn't even know about them until a while ago.

I want to make an AdMech type who celebrates the human body as the ultimate biological machine. Considering the AdMechs see cybernetics as perfectly okay no matter how inhuman (stuff that the rest of the empire would see as heresy if not for how important they are), I was wondering just how much alteration of the physical body could be allowed before it'd be considered tech or biological heresy.

Could an AdMech scientist/biologist/engineer get away with tinkering with his own genes to effectively become, for all intents and purposes, a bargain bin space marine? So you'd have these dendrite covered Skitarii, and then among them you'd have this absolutely gorgeous, sculpted, 7-8 foot tall Adonic figure without a single cybernetic attachment. Not just vat grown muscles or a servitor head atop a frankenstein's monster of a body.

Is that within the orthodoxy of what an AdMech Genetor could get away with, or is any playing with genes or DNA beyond Primarch Gene Seed in particular to be considered heresy?

Can both you idiots stop arguing and wait for the FAQ?

>Yeah, cept he's the one doing it
The TTS-retard? yes.

>Spouts bullshit
>"No"
>xD nice argument

Don't do this either

The same bit where it has Magnus' profile in Codex CSM
There is only one Hereticus that Magnus knows, correct, and that's the Index Hereticus. Newsflash: the precedence rule only applies to unit profiles and not things like psychic power lists.

>Still ignoring all the TTS references in the last thread.

Sslyth are great don't drop them

>b-but other people were retarded too, stop calling me out for being a retard
As I said, reddit is the other way.

Citation needed.

>retard claimed something obvious is not true because dumb reasons
>therefore we should stop using that rule until GW tells us the obvious

How about we just tell retard to fuck off?

There is no such thing as "Index" Hereticus, which is something you've just made up.

Kindly fuck off, autismo-kun.

Burden of proof is on you to prove a positive, faggot. Show me where Magnus' profile is in the codex.

>Waah I don't like TTS, so everyone who likes it is retarded.

Burden of proof is on you to show that they exclude psychic powers from the rule.

There is the Index version of Hereticus and there is the Codex version of Hereticus, my dear projecting friend.

Yeah, but the tard will never listen so you both might as well stop arguing.

They're pretty baller, but the Ravager is tempting for anti marine disintegrator action, especially as common as marine forces are

Not the same user, but here
Deathwatch are allowed to use either Index or Codex powers, so the logical conclusion is that this applies to the rest.

warhammer-community.com/2017/07/22/the-other-angels-of-death-and-codex-space-marines/

>everyone who likes stale memes is retarded
More or less, yes.
Burden of proof is on you to prove that the rule extends beyond unit profiles, retard. You made a claim, back it up.

Yes, and GW confirms that the codex version takes precedence. confirms.

And magnus isn't in the codex, so he uses the rules from the book he is in

Only for Deathwatch my dear children
>b-but muh logical conclusion
My logical conclusion says that every unit in my army is free and I auto win when I show up to the table. Too bad :^)

And Deathwatch isn't in Codex: Space Marines, are you simple?

Just go to /reddit/, mate. The community there loves 5 year old jokes stolen from sites that steal from better sites and acting like children, you'll fit right in.

Now we know who the real WAAC fag is.

Yeah, it's the guy who thinks "logical conclusion" is an argument lol

First attempt at a Plague Marine. This is my tester for colours.

Noticed a few messy bits that need cleaning up after I took the photo, which I'll get right on

Yeah, and guess what
You use the index if you want to play deathwatch.

Well, let's look at it this way. If you're playing a friendly game and pull this bullshit on you're opponent, they'll just refuse to play with a WAAC fag. If you're I a tourney you'll get shot down because GW also makes logical conclusions.

My unit of crisis suits have 2 Plasma Rifles each, I'm not sure if I should give them Advanced Targeting Systems or a Flamer each.

Yes, but you can use Codex psychic powers. The same would apply for Magnus and the Codex.

Looks good to me except for the bolter highlights. You should probably hit it with some black ink to tone it down.

>If you're playing a friendly game and pull this bullshit on you're opponent, they'll just refuse to play with a WAAC fag
Are you referring to your stupid logical conclusion bullshit or are you referring to my mockery of it?
>If you're I a tourney you'll get shot down because GW also makes logical conclusions
No they don't lol

Yeah I definitely rushed that part. I basically just scratched Leadbelcher over it because I was getting rushed at home

Except index models can take codex options.

Yeah, cus the deathwatch librarian is just the regular librarian already in the codex.
Magnus isn't in the CSM codex, only the index
So he uses the index rules

Citation required honeyboy

At this point we are all in agreement that Magnus can take Hereticus powers because that's literally what his profile says, so we should stop engaging retard and let him stew in his inability to think properly.

Go away Cheetah.

So anyway, Magnus is going to be even more a rape train with the new powers.

I have a feeling that if it wasn't for ADB's raging boner they'd have dropped Abaddon completely by now: The Daemon Primarchs render him irrelevant in this age of Primarch wank.

No it's not, show me where the Deathwatch Librarian has a profile in the Codex.

Not an argument my dear sweeties.

Still, I'd wait for an official statement from GW before assuming anything. It shouldn't take them long to clarify whether Magnus can use the codex Dark Hereticus list and if Aspiring Sorcs can use the Chaos Familiar stratagem to change their psychic power.

Yes, cus we're not arguing. We're telling you you're wrong and letting that be the end of it.

I would really appreciate an updated datasheet for Magnus, one with less melee and more magics.
While I do enjoy having a melee beatstick primarch, it certainly isn't what he was intended to be like, at least in my opinion.

Abbadon will probably somehow become Primarch-ified so Black Legion get a Primarch.

Also, while everyone is raging about Codex vs Index, turns out Grey Knights can still use Rifledreads
>Don’t worry though, you can still use all of these in your games if you have these older models. In these instances, use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons (currently, also in the index).
>use the datasheet from the index, and the most recent points published for that model and its weapons (currently, also in the index).

Abaddon was always irrelevant. He's the kid screaming "notice me!" in the playground, while everything else is busy doing other things.

no new grey knight models

Typical conservacuck arguments lol.
>i'm right because i say so!

>So anyway, Magnus is going to be even more a rape train with the new powers.

Yeah. +1 invu doubles his durability and he now can remove invulnerable to go with his -4 melee strikes.

Pretty brutal.

See, now you know its bait. Last one for (you)

Start your conversions, user. We believe in you.

The weirder thing is that FW said you can use any of their shit besides chapter specific characters with deathwatch and grey Knights, so you can have a grey Knights leviathan dread who isn't a psyker. Or a grey Knights vindicator laser destroyer.

Well, you did get Chaplains and Dreadknight Grandmasters so at least new UNITS.

Geez, that was hard

What's the best way to build an Inquisition army?

Get a load of this, the right wing retard thinks it's bait because he has no argument! lol

Speaking of the Aspiring Sorcerer.
Think GW fucked this up and forgot to include his pts cost? Because I cannot find his cost on this list.

The one with Rubrics? No he's just included in the standard Rubric cost.

He used to be like 30pts tho.

So who do you think will get their codex next ? My money is on Orks or Eldar vs an Imperial Faction or Deathguard.

Personally I'm still waiting for them to fix Deathwatch in the codex because seriously, fuck 15 point storm shield on everything, storm bolters not getting special ammunition, having to pay for the ammunition when not using a bolter that can support it, Primaris not getting ammunition for their bolters and so fucking on.

He was more relevant in earlier editions, before the Primarch wank happened and rendered mere mortal marines irrelevant where a Primarch is present. And his faction has seven of the damn things.

Plus what GW failed to realise in their mad scramble to retcon him successes is that just because Abaddon isn't a good enough general to conquer the imperium doesn't mean a Black Crusade entering your system isn't a worst case scenario for everyone stuck there. Dude is terrifying regardless of his overall setting impact.

Honestly it would at this point make sense for Lorgar to be the rallying point. The other daemon Primarchs are more interested in private agendas than THE CAUSE(tm).