If one cuts a man in half, and then uses regeneration spell on both halves, would you then have two different men?

If one cuts a man in half, and then uses regeneration spell on both halves, would you then have two different men?
What about cutting off a limb, and then putting a regeneration spell on it? What would grow out of such a thing?

Other urls found in this thread:

suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13831803/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Regeneration spell does not work that way.

You can create infinite trolls from one if you chop it finely enough though.

There's chapter in Franken Fran that gets into this, I suggest you read it for reference.

>You can create infinite trolls from one if you chop it finely enough though.
Alternatively, you can cut various types of troll and graft them on each other. Mountain troll with Swamp troll's arm for that unexpected Toxic attack, etc.

The part not attached to functioning brain matter is dead.

>The part not attached to functioning brain matter is dead.
There are at least two halves of the brain, user.

depends on the cut

>One man decides that he cannot trust his friends, makes an entire party from himself.

The human soul is indivisible so it will retreat to one half or the other. The half without the soul can no longer regenerate.

>The human soul is indivisible
What about dwarf or elf souls?

Depends on how sharp your knife is.

Note that while one soul can't occupy two bodies, you CAN have one body with two souls. Thus:

- Cut off one person's head, graft it to another's neck, cast regeneration. You'll now have two souls occupyin one body.
- Cut the body right down the middle.
- NOW you can regenerate each half, one soul each.

Elves have spirits, not souls. They are in harmony with the natural world, so they're much more resilient. So yeah split-and-regenerate could work, but go too far down that path and you get orcs and shit.

Dwarves don't have spirits or souls. They have beards. You can regenerate the whole dwarf back, complete with memories and personality, from just the beard.

No. RAW, regen only works on one piece, even for trolls.

You could get a lot of interesting scenarios:
>The two halves grow into separate entities, each with its own soul split from the original.
>One half regenerates while the other withers and dies.
>Both halves regenerate but one is a soulless husk, your double, much like a simulacrum
>Both halves regenerate but the soul is shared between them; actions and maybe hit points and spell slots must be shared between the two.
>

How powerful would an axe be if it was forged over a fire fueled by dwarf beards alone.

Makes we wonder what happened to the guy's other half in that comic Jobgoblin.
His finger with the ring of regeneration on it got cut off and they couldnt get to it. Later it ends up regeneration into a whole new person that doesn't seem to remember much. Starts to wander around some city.

Sounds like a cursed axe. Probably only especially effective against dwarfs.

>If one cuts a man in half, and then uses regeneration spell on both halves
He dies. Regeneration is not resurrection, and I'd say resurrection requires you to put the pieces back together or eat a penalty for missing parts.

Endless Space has a faction called Horatio. As you might expect, they're all clones of their leader.

Can you use a regeneration spell to graft new body parts onto a human?

Like, say for example I had a severed horse penis...

Both halves reattach themselves, of course.

This has really got me thinking of the implications. Hear me out:
>A skellyman if broken apart
>Does he regenerate into two skellmen or stand up and walk over and reassemble boneself?
Sorry I'm not a skellyscholar yet be patient no bully pls.

>Omnitroll
suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/13831803/

Didn't Horatio betray Horatio?

And neither half is functioning because you chopped the dude in half.

Doesn't work. A suffifiently powerful regeneration spell refenerates the original body of the 2nd head.

A user of evil magic's soul is much more malleable and sometimes even splintered. Therefore they would be the best candidate for this experiment.

>Both halves regenerate. The soul is shared between them, but can benefit from having two brains working in concert. Spell slots are the property of the soul and must be shared, but actions, hit points, etc. are accumulated separately for each body

I just realized something terrifying.
I might have made that post.
I've been here for far too long.

Um OP, you're beyond that spells usability at that point.

Consider "Power Word: Dig Grave" instead.

Trust no one, not even yourself.

I had troll skin be an ingredient for healing potions in my game once. It did not take long for the players to decide capturing 1 troll and skinning it constantly was easier than killing trolls and harvesting their skin