archive.is/ck4KY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

no archive?

archive.is/ck4KY

oh shit i'm sorry

Stop sharing clickbait articles

Good.

I've been away from the internet for a bit and didn't see a thread

If the plaintiff is lucky, GW won't want to bother and will settle it, but not for much money. If unlucky, GW holds their ground, takes it to trial, wins and gets attorney's fees.

SHUT THE FUCK UP ALREADY

Plaintiff is probably gonna lose anyway, as SOP for any company is to include in their contracts which country's laws and courts have precedence and/or juristiction in any dispute, in GW's case that'll be UK law and half the allegations relate to things that aren't unlawful in UK.

We had how many threads about this now?

Someone better versed in american law than me tell me; does he have any chance at all of winning this suit?

No

Since the moron believes all lawyers are evil and is representing himself he hasn't a prayer.

>GW sells 1-inch-models like the ‘Imperial Space Marine’ for $30.00 retail online, requiring a ‘minimum’ of $10 Shipping. Stores contacted the V.P. of ‘Double-Grand’ (associate of GW’s Asian suppliers) and received a Confirmed quote of “3-cents-per-figure” for said 1-inch injection molded plastic figures. GW sells mass-produced plastic at 50,000-percent-mark-up! Its not a 100% markup for 6-cents, not a 1,000% for 60-cents – but 50,000% at $30.00!?
>50-fucking-thousand-% mark up

That specific model was a one off. they only did one run I think
Also injection molds are conjured from thin air and have the sculpts already in them. they just attribute a sculptor to them

Are you seriously fucking oblivious as to how expensive molds are

Also artist royalties. And what asian suppliers? GW makes it's shit in nottingham, don't they?

His fraud case has basically no chance, but his restriction of trade case could actually hold water, and would actually force GW to stop being such shitheels towards FLGSs.

Unfortunately, the guy leveling the charges is a known fraud who routinely attempts to extort companies with frivious lawsuits in hopes of them paying him fat settlements.

Nope.

Read the first line of the complaint and the answer is no

if you only count raw materials costs, sure.

yeah. they did a little bit in china for a short time but pulled out cos of chinas non existant copyright laws.
they used to some production in the US and Australia as well.

I thought they pulled out China because the kits China was producing (I think it was like 1 or 2 terrain kits) were absolute garbage. Also their books are still printed in China I believe

nada

Especially since GW is an English company and this would be run in an English court under English trade laws. See

No user, don't you know mini's are made of cheap plastic and shat out by some mexican with a hand whittled press for 39c a batch of 12? And absolutely no industrial solvents are used?

Seriously. GW IS expensive and part of that is them being overly expensive assholes. But they are in no way making a 50,000% margin

>Stores contacted the V.P. of ‘Double-Grand’ (associate of GW’s Asian suppliers) and received a Confirmed quote of “3-cents-per-figure” for said 1-inch injection molded plastic figures. GW sells mass-produced plastic at 50,000-percent-mark-up! Its not a 100% markup for 6-cents, not a 1,000% for 60-cents – but 50,000% at $30.00!?

HOHOHO EXPLAIN THIS FANBOYS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE MUH PLASTIC IS JUST MORE EXPENSIVE NOW HONEST FUCK YOUUUUU

Read the thread, retard.

Well, the lawsuit implies that GW has a monopoly on table top wargaming. So no, the guy's a moron.It's Florida Man strikes again.

Does the writer of this article not know the definition of markup? A 100% markup of something is just adding the full price of production on top of the product (100%+100%) so if a 100% markup is 6¢ then a 1000% markup is 33¢. The same logic applies from a price of $30 from a 3¢ production cost, so it is only little less than 1000% markup (still astronomical, but less absolutely mind boggling retarded)

Sorry, I meant 100000%, which is actually more, holy fuck forgetting to add zeros fucks up an argument.