Storytime/Fantasy Manga Inspiration

continuing from where we learn what happens when you play god

but in the end it all works out

and they made a friend so its all good.

imagine encountering a necromancer like this in your campaigns. maybe a quest to get different kind of heart beats from people in the party doing stuff?

and thats it for that chapter, but we will see the necromancer again in the future.

link to first thread

Might post more later but I need to pack. Anyone want to post chapter 4 or another good fantasy series?

Later in the series the bard from chapter 2 and the necromancer from chapter 3 meet. Its fun.

These threads have provided some great reads. Thanks!

Bump for cute!

More cute.

Uhm, that seems like it might be a little-
Yup. Saw that coming. Oh dear...

One of my favorite pages. Im sad because I dont think I paint a picture well enough to describe such a thing to my players

Don't feel bad, user. it also depends on their imagination, so you shouldn't worry too much. Just tell the best way you can and let them fill in the gaps.

May keep those stalkers who come listen to her sing in the tub away!

>it was actually quite cozy

Could describe the whole story, really.

>Local Necromancer actually a chill bro.

>tiny lesbians
>fookin' nifty rhythmic necromancer

This is fantastic

actually the running joke is that everyone quietly thinks they are lesbos but they arent

just roommates who make a good team

Im going to bed but a teaser of the next chapter

Ya bullshit, I don't need the goggles to see the dyke waves radiating off of these two

I'mma disagree. They just seem like friends... Really close friends who sometimes share a bed maybe, but never do anything like that.

Did you see the way she looks at the fluffy hair one?

Why are people mad about Agete? Sure, she was an ass there, but quitting the test always was an option.

In fact, that's pretty much what she set her up for. I mean, it's not like there are any creatures more dangerous than wooly noodles on that mountain range.

>fall off mountain and break your neck
>fuck up rune and ded

>throw you into a forest and door's gone
Do you see any option of quitting? And they didn't reopen the door until pedo wizard returned.

>someone else has noticed that qifrey is a monster

Finally. He's even allowed to use mind-altering magics goddamn.

All witches are apparently allowed to do that. Honestly I think the brimhat guys might actually be the good guys in this setting; magic might be a threat, yes, but just look at the result of keeping it strictly to a select few... You get elitists like Agete and from there it's only a short step to rule by the magical few, over the ignorant common folk.

I have a feeling this is the kind of story/setting in which both sides have legit points that our hero will do her best to resolve the differences between. On one side, the Forbidden Magic that the Brimhats use freely is legitimatley dangerous and a democratization of magic probably did do a lot of damage in the past. On the other hand, the Brimhats probably have a point regarding the current masquerade (though we haven't heard a lot of their philosophy).

The good ending is a world with a Magician's Guild that can teach those willing to work hard and uphold the beautiful side of the craft without again turning their talents to warfare and destruction.

>You get elitists like Agete
People like Agete show up in any trade or environment. Elitism will exist as long as there is some way for people to put themselves over others.

Were magic in this setting public knowledge, Agete would just be the top student in her class looking down on all the other students who don't have the eye or steady wrist she has.