Tax Attorney 5e?

A friend wants to play DnD, and we convinced her that you can play a tax attorney/collector.

Could Veeky Forums help make this?

Other urls found in this thread:

darksun.wikia.com/wiki/Templar
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't play DnD, being a tax collector would be nothing more than window dressing in 5E

You should look up what Roman Era tax collection or at least tax farming was like. To be honest, you could work the concept into an adventuring group fairly well.

>Pay your boss a certain amount for the right to "farm" taxes from a given locale.
>Go in and loot things, fight off the people who are upset about your plundering.
>Try to stop rivals from outbidding you for the right to farm a given area.

We were thinking like a whole new class.

people dont like being parted from cash
play a wizard, smart enough to do the math, and can fireball people who don't pay up
or be a battle master and break the legs of people who dont pay up

Why not a law mage with law magic, Azorius style?

This wouldnt be too bad. Like a school of magic for a Wizard, or "Uncle Sam" as a warlock pact. With its own spell list and evocations and what not.

>hey Veeky Forums make me a custom dnd class because I my friend will only play tabletop if she can do something dnd isn't designed to do
You can fuck right off.

I think it's meant more as a gag than as a serious ultimatum deal. Who pissed in your cornflakes dude?

>play a fighter or a rogue
>be a 'tax collector' (read: bandit who reports to the local lord) because it's historically accurate
>waste 0 time home-brewing something that's going to be imbalanced anyways
People who insist on homebrewing things that can easily be refluffed in 5e are a pox.

>Why not a law mage with law magic, Azorius style?
Charm based wizard, refluff it as law-magic based compulsion.

Calm your man-tits. If you dont wanna help just move on. We're just trying to have some fun. Shake the cheeto's dust out of your ego and move on.

> Hold Person
> Imprisonment
> Banishment
For the obvious. But pic related could be another source of inspiration.

>If you dont wanna help just move on.
Mate I'm pretty sure that's a different guy.

Plus, that post looks like a pretty constructive suggestion to me, if you cut off the vitrol.

Thats just mugging people.

Absolutely not. It would be a background just fine, but being a class would just not work.

Oh snap my bad!

Well that's not bad advice, but it's less fun for us here.

That's just a rogue.

Exactly.

This is 5E. Build it as a background.
Also, this says a lot about the literacy rates in your game.
Maybe she could have her background be an Auditor? There's an adventurer with a paycheck.

darksun.wikia.com/wiki/Templar
in Dark Sun, the kings are ascended demigod pseudo-draconic sorcerers.
the Templar class are literally the tax collectors and civil authorities, who, rather than casting based on the blessing of the gods like clerics, or by channeling the power of life like mages in that setting, they channel the power of their king's authority.

they are dope as fuck.

Paladin, Oath of the Crown.

>we convinced her that you can play something
>Veeky Forums how do we actually make it work
user, tell me, why haven't you thought of it before you convinced her?

First of all, we need to decide your setting's tax policy.

Obligatory.

>They're thieving Middle-Earth
Every fucking time

You've seriously made my day.

I think I'll actually start work on a class myself, and post it here when Im done. Not sure how to handle formatting and graphics tho, so it'll be a shitty word document

Knights Templar or a Wizard Enchanter.

I'm not trusting the guy who thinks that an army of slave eunuchs, where 3/4 of the recruits die during training, would be more financial effective and efficient than any other standing army for the same costs with my taxes.

who also thinks that eunuchs would be more obedient during combat and don't start to rape around mid battle.

This is what backgrounds are for.

Pick some skills, proficiencies, trinkets, and garb appropriate to tax-collection, slap the resulting background on a fighter or rogue, and be done.