He did nothing wrong

Why is Angron the only primarch who actually had a good reason for rebelling again the emperor?

Because he did the Giga Attack.

Because the rest were manipulated by cruel, uncaring gods? Angron was too, but he was probably gonna do it anyway if the nails didn't kill him first.

He was a lobotomized retard.
And he was practically chaos before the heresy.
The Emprah had a good reason for treating him the way he did, and he didn't need to give Angron any explanations.
He didn't have the IQ to comprehend them anyways.

>who is the Night Haunter

How much of angron's mind really remained after he got the nails in place?

Enough to realize what he had lost

>Enough to realize what he had lost
Then he should have know not to put the nails in his legion. I have no sympathy for Angron because of this.

He was lobotomised?

In order to put in the butchers nails parts of the brain needed to be removed in order to fit them.

I feel like the massive amounts of murder were fairly wrong, even by the standards of a Primarch.

Also falling the Chaos? Unless you like to live on the Edge, that is. Still, probably best for all parties involved to have just euthanized him from the start, he's pretty cringey and lame.

>I'm pissed and I have implants that make me pissed
>I could be less pissed without the implants, wich we have tech to remove
>but I just wanna be pissed and kill people

great reason to rebel against the emprah'

Thought it was canon that removing them would have killed him, and not even Big E could remove them due to crazy archeotech.

>Thought it was canon that removing them would have killed him, and not even Big E could remove them due to crazy archeotech.
I think that was the case as well. I'd check Lexicanium, but some jackass script-kiddies took it down yesterday and I haven't bothered to see if it's back up yet.

As of this post, it isn't yet.

muh slavery
muh freedom

>turns his legion into mindless slaves to violence
>ends up a slave to chaos for all eternity

Why did the Emperor let this retard control a legion?
It was obvious he was incompetent and his leadership was destructive for the space marines since the very beginning.
Big E should have kept Angron sedated in a lab to produce geneseed.

>incompetent
But he wasn't.

Every primarch had a good reason for rebelling against the emperor. Half of them just didn't do it.

He's the only primarch that didn't control his homeworld.
By the time the Emprah found him the only thing he accomplished was a half assed slave uprising, and his army was about to be destroyed.
For a primarch he's a massive disappointment.

>he's the only primarch that didn't control his homeworld.
Corax and Mortarion didn't, but both were very close - and both were taken in by someone, though neither had nice upbringings.

The emperor found a role for his damaged son, and it was one that was effective and useful for the crusade - more than can be said for Curze most of the time.
He just put him at the head of a fleet full of assholes and pointed them at anything needing brutalizing into submission or exterminating and they did excellently - had Horus not rebelled he would have died in a couple of decades (it's part of the reason that lorgar made him into the first daemon primarch) and he'd finally get the release he craved, a win for everyone

The Emperor noted that they would not be possible to remove without killing Angron, yes.

Whether the Emperor would have approved of Angron sticking them in his legion on the scale he did, on the other hand, is less clear, since he did send Russ to smack Angron at one point. Not all WE had the Nails.

Really, a lot of the Emperor's problems would have been solved if he'd just micromanaged the Primarchs, but that would defeat the point of having them in the first place.

>(it's part of the reason that lorgar made him into the first daemon primarch)
The main reason he did that was because Chaos needed somebody who could fight the Angel, and Daemon Primarching Angron was the only chance they'd get.

Emperor tries to have them removed in the novel Master of Mankind, has angron naked on an operating table and everything but he realises it cant be done

Not even that, he could have just spent a tiny fraction of his lifespan raising them and instilling his morals etc into them before sending them on his crusade and they would have been much better off.

He probably intended to raise them. Unfortunately Chaos threw a spanner in that wheel, so he had to get started without them, and just pick them up as he went. Some of the Primarchs he did keep near him throughout the Crusade for a while - Vulkan and Dorn, for example.