EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Favorite Uncle" Edition

RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Another resource for commander discussion; they have an entire forum dedicated to discussing decks. People often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What would you like for C18?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kresh-the-trash-compactor/
gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text= [haste]&type= [Creature]
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Transform or flip commanders would be neat. Either that or revisit Experience Counters.

SECOND FOR PERVERTED LEGENDARY CREATURES

Non-creature non-walker commanders

>thread question

Ally Color! I want my busted new UW Legend thats even better then Brago and Augustin! Just kidding, I hope they realize how utter shit this years are and just... dont make new commander decks next year. And stop making commanders that interact in ways they really shouldnt (giving you free stuff just sitting in the command Zone, Counters you will never get to remove like experience, that new one that interacts with Exile and you never get to remove those Counters from Cards in Exile).

>What would you like for C18?
allied color pairs, actually good jeskai commanders, actually good sultai commanders, animar and sen triplets reprints, and a colorless deck

>what would you like for C18

Decks with a decent manabase

>talking shit on Mairsil
Your taste is poor and you should feel bad. The Jank-Master General is an excellent commander. Experience counters are woefully inoffensive as far their design goes as well.

Sultai has Tasigur and Sidisi, who are both decent. But yeah, wedges could all use more options.

Enchantment Commander? Theros Gods are half there.

Artifact Commander? What's the real difference between that and an emblem? (same for Enchant as well)

They'd have to make some removal for them and emblems as well, right?

how about a deck where most of the lands dont come into play tapped for a change? its pretty irritating to have to spend 50 bucks on a mana base just to make the precons playable

I'll take vivids (reluctantly) over tri-color filterlands like Castle Sengir or Wizard's School.

I can't stop collecting Amonkhet and HoD cards

I don't know if this sort of thing is allowed here but I'm looking for help or suggestions for my EDH deck. I've played it once against the base esper control deck that released several years ago. Any cards that I definitely should add/remove?

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/kresh-the-trash-compactor/

>Mairsil
Yeah, I hate that Card. They didnt really break experience Counters because 4 of them are actually not that easy to get experience Counters on. Meren on the other Hand...
Frankly I dont want to see it again.

TQ: enchantment, sorcery, instant, creature, and land/artifact themed decks, not exclusive but centered arround and seting boundries, not based on color pie but on type of spell. even if its for this one set or commander in general.

another question i have is, how much cheesecake is fine and whats too much for you. i like cute anime sleeves and mats but too much titty or overtly sexual things kind of puts me off. specially because i play against HS kids and sometines the children of my friends that play. i also play against many girls and would hate to make tg em feel unvonfortable sience im an old dude that likes scantly clad 2d drawings.i

Seriously, why would they do that?

Evil Overlord Discussion Group 2015 C.E.
"Hey, lets give just one deck EVERY tapland ever printed?"

"Sounds Fair."

honestly they just need to make more use of pain and shock lands or lands that have a decent upside that come in tapped like man lands. plus commander is the perfect place for them because they will not fuck with standard. they could even do a mana confluence or city of brass reprint. the amount of tap lands in the commander products is ridiculous

I have a question about Dosan and Suspend cards.

If someone removes the last time counter when it's not their turn. Does the spell resolve or fizzle when Dosan is out on the field?

Fizzles

the spell can not be cast so it goes to the gy.

Thanks

>Cats has literally more taplands than Dragons

Is that why Sorin mentored Nahiri? Because they're both grey? Does he have a grey fetish?

Doesn't matter, preordered, I'm getting them all anyway.

whathaveidone.jpg

For red wizards there's the maguses, Anarchist, Dualcaster and Dragon Mage for things that aren't just pingers and I'd say that only Anarchist, Dualcaster and Moon Magus are any good(though I use Magus of the Arena in every deck I can because I love the fuck).

When everyone's on taplands, no one is.

What is it like, to be collecting shit?

Magus of the Wheel.

>What would you like for C18?- 24 posts and 3 image replies shown.
A bunch of good lands which only function properly in EDH so legacy and modern scalpers can't pick them up, stuff like "this taps for X mana but only if your commander is X color", no, I don't give a shit how stupidly on the nose this is.

Sorin needed to stick his vampire dick in something so he got a young, impressionable planeswalker. Little did he know that she would burn his house down when he didn't answer her calls.

You mean like Path of Ancestry? Which should have just been an EDH specific Cavern of Souls, fuck. "Add one mana of any color to your mana pool. Use this mana only to cast creature spells that share a type with your commander."

I wish they did some sort of revisit of the commander mechanics, like experience counters and partners.

>thread question
At this point I just want the decks to be decent and not a waste of money. But I would also like if they did a Voting commander, Esper with all the voting cards and ways to make sure that everyone votes for what you want.

Obscure Planes theme
>Equilor
>Xerex
>Echoir
>Azgol
>Ir

Yeah, stuff like that but nooo, gotta make sure investors can move their stock so people are forced to buy duals.

OP is a hero.

Planes. Kamigawa, Phyrexia, Dominaria, and Innistrad epic battle time.

What ways of Bottom Decking are there other than Scry?

Friendly colour pairs done well.

I'd like Allied colored decks with monocolored partners, but I know that ain't happening because Wizards wants to do themes from now on, so fuck that let's go with decks themed around different planes

>Kamigawa deck focused around the Umezawa clan witha bunch of new Samurai and Ninjas
>Fiora deck with a voting/politics matters theme, maybe with a new Brago or some elf fucker like Edric
>Theros deck with an actually good commander focused around enchantments (Something between Blaxos and Uril in power level)
>Old Phyrexia artifacts/saccing shit with a card for Gix

I won't get this either but who the fuck knows

>focused around the Umezawa clan
Chances are they're all dead in current lore.

Dunno, for Kamigawa I either want a bunch of good spirits with Soulshift or more new, good things with ninjutsu, but that ain't happening.

You say that as if Commander sets care about the current lore and don't dip into old characters that didn't get cards all the time

Thoughts on this guy?

I'm debating whether he's useful utility, or if I'd be better off just running The Scarab God.

I actually have this one.

EASILY the most important card you can have in werewolf tribal, pretty much in any version.

Good goy!

>tfw finally realized Alesha is a better boros commander than actual boros commanders
Disappointed desu

>goes to the gy
Shouldn't it stay in exile?

I'm going to drop him in Scarab God's 99, they synergize better that way

>If you can’t cast the card, perhaps because there are no legal targets available, it remains exiled with no time counters on it, and it’s no longer suspended.
You are correct.

There is no reason to play Boros when you can play W/R/x

>Decks with a decent manabase

The most decent manabase you're gonna get is basics.

oh maybe. i didn't read the text on suspend.

Hinder is a good one.

Is Semblance Anvil worth the potential 2-for-1? I want to run it in The Ur-Dragon, but having to exile one of my own makes me hesitant.

>Thread Question
Mono-Black, Gruul, Esper, Non-Black and All-Color.

>implying it's not piss easy to get XP with Ezuri

i wish this was true but im making every combination of colors. boros is hard to justify as anythig other than mld, stax, hate bears. and i think thats what ill build. janky artifacts is anotger option i guess.

Meta dependent. If you're getting too much value out of it someone might blow it up. If you're playing an artifact heavy meta it might slip by the radar.

At my table the people who drop Semblance anvil are me and other jank players. It doesn't draw hate because we have a lot of players who play much more alarming cards that draw more hate.

I personally think he's a bad Commander, but an excellent lieutenant to all of your favorite graveyard-manipulating Commanders out there already. Damia, Mimeoplasm, KTK Sidisi and more would be glad to run him.

BG insects

Mazirek?

Just get Karmic Guide and Entomb like the rest of us and be happy.

Not being a baby-tier brainlet is a good reason.
The only disappointment here is you.

Try Heartless Summoning, the -1/-1 doesn't mean as much in fat flying lizards.dec

Here's a pity (You)

Post pet cards!

It's amazing that out of fetchlands, painlands, shocklands, checklands, handlands, tangolands, filterlands, and even fastlands, Wizards managed to reprint almost absolutely fucking none of them. They even skipped out of ASH BARRENS, a card which they designed only last year just for commander.

There's a myriad of other weird lands they could've included too. Ancient Ziggurat, the tainted lands etc. Even the lair tri-lands would've been nice compared to what's in them.

I can't imagine ever playing the dragon deck out of the box. What an absolute piece of shit. 15/36 lands come in tapped and you don't even get a fucking evolving wilds for your pains.

Seconded.

Our playgroup has taken to calling it "Herpes".

>dat flavor text

Gotta love Ib. I should build a Goblin Tribal deck with him

The best Alesha combos are all in W/R though

What is he good at though? Nemesis Mask seems pretty funny, but other than than?

Bear with me here

Best cards with haste?
Looking for haste creatures not haste enablers.

Make some tokens and run Tribal support. There's a lot of flavorful synergy such as Lords, Kyren Negotiations, Goblin Bombardment, Goblin Sharpshooter, Boggart Shenanigans. The list goes on. I didn't even think of Nemesis Mask and other taunt effects.

I don't think Commanders need to be optimal or super powerful to be fun.

Hoof daddy

gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Search/Default.aspx?text= [haste]&type= [Creature]

Black gives you an easier time to put those pieces in the graveyard though. Somethimes you just want to slam a t5 sundering titan or the like.

looks like great tech for "fuck all creatures" erebos

should i build that deck by the way? i have a monoblack skithiryx that i mostly use to annoy people who try too hard, but i figured i might as well have an alternative version for casual play

i was also thinking of building gonti again but i kinda want to just use big black mana spells and gonti requires a whole recur engine to support him

Float all of your mana, sac all your mountains, MLD.

Of course, but even in craw wurm league he seems be more of a liability than a benefit for your deck most of the time.

>sundering titan
>edh

You can always run Pharika for hipster points

Goblins are supposed to be michievous, not outright cruel.

But I like it.

Oh right, he's banned. Just replace it with another expensive creature.

Brightstone Ritual for your mana.

Bought a playset when AVR released.

Wait a minute.

Vampires suck.

I've thought about building EDH "duel decks" for a while, and Ib Halfheart vs. Tivadar of Thorn seems like a simple and straightforward pair, lots of simple and cheap low power cards. Perfect for teaching my friends how to play the game.

That's a perfect Isochron Scepter target.

What do you need them for? Do you want big fuckers with haste or tiny utility dudes with haste?

>Preordering all the c17 decks has 100 dollar shipping on TCGPlayer
Where do they think I live, I'm in god-damn Canada. It does not cost 100 dollars to put four boxes on a truck and drive it across the border

Ordering anything to Canada costs $100 in shipping, hundreds of economic migrants a day aren't gonna feed and house themselves user

>being a foreigner

Pic related should have been given Haste instead of Flying and then given your commander Horsemanship

Why would you want to attack with him? The Horsemanship was spot on, but I don't think we're ever getting it back.

I have several items in my cart and the most expensive shipping is like 6 bucks. I noticed after I posted that ordering one of the c17 decks has the same shipping cost of $100. It must be a placeholder or something.

Question regarding Panharmonicon interactions:

With Sidisi, Undead Vizier; how I think it works is that her exploit trigger happens twice because that's the ETB effect, and then for each exploit trigger you get a tutor trigger, so two creatures sacrificed and two tutors total, is that correct?

And with Flameshadow Conjuring, a creature entering the battlefield causes the 'you may pay R' trigger to happen twice, so you'll get two tokens, but only if you pay R twice, is that how it works?

Flavorwise, he would want to arrive for his master quickly(by riding it) and then handing over the reins.

Creatures like these should have something like: "[name] has hexproof when your commander is on the battlefield".

He should have cost less and been less beefy, honestly.

You don't want to attack with him because he isnt big enough to survive most blockers in EDH, and it's the boost that your general gets that it's important here.

If he was 3 mana with a smaller body I think I could have found room for him somewhere. As is I don't know what deck wants him.