Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Death Guard and Thousand Sons are now unplayable until their codex hits edition

>Hilarious™ Mortarion Reveal, also some terminators and stuff
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8 [Open]

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

konor.warhammer40000.com
warhammer-community.com/B50-AP/78903//M/h
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

First for TS can only field Magnus, Ahriman/ExSorc Scarab Occult and Tzaangors.

first for 1ks and dg being unplayable, objectively

>First
>It's literally the current edition

Rate my newbie ork list for 8th
1850 Points
>Batallion Detachment (3cp)
>HQ
Warboss (PK)
Weirdboy (Da Jump)
>Troops
20 ork slugga boys, nob PK
20 ork slugga boys, nob PK
20 Gretchin
>Heavy Support
Battlewagon ('Ard Case, 2 big shoota, deff rolla)
>Vanguard Detachment (1CP)
>HQ
Weirdboy (Da jump)
>Elites
10 Kommandos, 2 burnas, 1 nob with PK
10 Kommandos, 2 burnas, 1 nob with PK
Nob w/ Waaagh! Banner
10 Nobs, Boss with PK, 9 with Power Stabbas
10 Tankbustas, 2 bomb squigs
10 Tankbustas, 2 bomb squigs
>Transports
2 Trukks with rokkit launchers for tankbustas

Plan is simple
>Weirdboy with the 2 20 man boyz squad to teleport and kill anything but heavy vehicles
>2 Kommandos to infilitrate and kill small size and weak units, such as HWTs, Scouts, Cultists, Etc
>Warboss with the nobs and waaagh banner in a battlewagon to charge the biggest thing on the field
>2 tankbustas in trukks to bust tanks
>20 grots to sit on a point, not too sure with these dudes

What you guys think? Any suggestions?

#

Well, I have a few thousand sons I bought just for the models, and whilst they seem pretty good I can't say I'm motivated to bulk up my force before they get their codex.

More importantly, I have precisely zero interest in buying a knight sized daemon prince who doesn't fit in with his troops.

>first
>it's the second post
>just reiterating what the OP said
Threads already fucked boys, come back later.

>After millennia of slaughter, the Night Lords warmonger Anvrex Rarth becomes disenchanted with indiscriminate violence. He vows to embody his Primarch’s early days, punishing only those whom he believes deserve it – but doing so with such grievous acts of retribution that none who hear of them dare stray from the path of righteousness. For a time, he finds a kind of peace, but his notions of morality are broken beyond repair. Within the year he is wreaking the most terrible of atrocities as a response to everything from the breaching of shipping contracts to the incorrect pronunciation of High Gothic.

Really? I've found Death Guard hard as nails on the tabletop, Disgustingly Resilient Terminators and Plague Hulks are damn nasty. Anything with multiple wounds is a massive pain to kill due to DR cutting down matching Damage down to below kills.

>nu40K confirmed written for children

>20 ork slugga boys
>20

>1850 Points

Triggered

go 2k points

Make those 30, put a painboy and some grots in the bettlewagon, add a cheap HQ for an extra command point

Rules questions, did I do this right? Because it seemed like a rape train;

Ynnari Eldar
>Warpspiders move up under Guide, Fortune and Doom on an enemy Plague marine unit, wipe the unit (along with some other shooting)
>Warpspiders get charged by some stuff, survive mostly intact
>My turn, I fall back with Warpspiders out of combat
>Farseer Guides them again, Dooms second unit
>Yvraine moves up and does Word of the Phoenix which allows them to immediately shoot even though they fell back

That was.....really fun and really good.

Also, Wraithguard with D-Scythes seem like freaking rape trains. Soulburst on them, along with overwatch, falling back and still shooting...that's awesome.

And it specifies ANY unit destroyed makes them soulburst, so Wraithblades can charge in, wipe a unit, then turn around and charge again?

Sorry for many questions ,new to Eldar and haven't played 40k in ages.

All units reprinted in the codex cannot have the DG keyword

Including plague marines

Better question is since when are Fallen a Legion?

Words allows them to shoot "as in the shooting phase" with all restriction that normally apply to that phase

Otherwise you could snipe characters with WotP

DG don't have terminators, much less ones with disgustingly resilient.

>B-b-but it's a squat gun guys!

Told you niggers thats was from Necromunda when i first saw it.

No you didn't. We told you that. You slow idiot.

eh, fair enough. Other legions have disciples of Grandpapa Nurgle.

why is she purple?

World eaters plague marines kitted for melee are hilariously good

Almost as killy as zerkers, with all the extra resiliency from plague marines.

Is all the cock

She's a genestealer hybrid.

Either it's a weird new kind of electoo, or she's part genestealer.

Is this the current state of the universe?
Guilliman vs Mortarion? Seems cool.

What is Fate of Konor? Do people play the campaign in stores and we see the results?

>falling for the squat meme

plot twist, escher now worships genestealer dick, no one can resist the dick.

Seems pretty well rounded
U should be prepared for most things that arent meme-lists

Alright boyz how is this list for a small 1k point game?

Red Scorpions [chapter tactics Iron hands (FNP), fluffed as "proud to live, proud to die, hard to kill"]
Vanguard detachment - +1 cp

HQ - Lord High Commander Carab Culln

HQ - Magister Sevrin Loth

Elite - Apothecary

Elite - Vanguard Veterans
>Jump packs, 3 power swords, 2 thunder hammers, storm shield, 2 plasma pistols, grab pistol, bolt pistol

Elite - Terminator Squad
>assault cannon, 4 storm bolters, 2 power fists, 2 chainfists, power sword

Elite- Assault Terminator Squad
>3 thunder-hammers/storm-shields, 2 pairs of lightning claws

Total: 999pts

So wait where are the restrictions that you have to be mark of Khorne to be a world eater, and so on?

I mean, they can't be letting you take a world eaters noise marine unit, right?

So I have a 1000pt tournament coming up, what you guys think of this:
2x company commander
2x comissar
2x 30 conscripts
Sergeant Harker
3x 2 basilisks

Pic unrelated.

Yes.

konor.warhammer40000.com

Did anyone ACTUALLY think it was a squat?

She looks like an Infinity model

Why can't forgeworld paint for shit?

I wouldn't be shocked by squats or sisters at this point.

No, everyone thought it was going to be Necromunda or Steel Legion. We all hoped it would be Steel Legion, but knew it probably wouldn't be.

Im pretty sure you can't take IH chapter tactics since the rules for your army automatically have to be RED SCORPIONS with those special characters there.

Gone

And WE plague are gooood

No but GW sure pull on trololo with this one

warhammer-community.com/B50-AP/78903//M/h

Btw that necromunda release are rumour from some guy from dicka back in March/April.

Warhammer community article said you just pick whatever tactics you want if you have an unknown founding chapter since they dont have official chapter tactics yet

Or ever knowing how ADHD forge workd can be

they're not, but they're not chaos marines either so it wouldnt make sense to have a chaos helbrute with the fallen tag

For about eight days until the FAQ drops. Better keep them unpainted, son.

World eaters must be Khorne and Emperors Children must be Slannesh.

Everyone else is free to do as they wish

Posting again because fuck everything. I feel accomplished.

Why dont normal dark angels get the chaos tag?

har har real original

Looks great user!
I like that shade of dark blue

>Words allows them to shoot "as in the shooting phase" with all restriction that normally apply to that phase

where are you getting that from? Page 76 of the Index;

"Word of the Phoenix has a warp charge value of 6. If manifested, select a friendly YNNARI unit within 18" of the psyker that has not made a Soulburst action that turn. That unit can immediately make a Soulburst action"

Then under Soulburst;

"The unit can shoot as if it were your shooting phase, even if it Advanced or Fell Back this turn"

So I see no reason why I couldn't fall back with my Warp Spiders, Guide them, then Word of the Phoenix for shooting.

ok so me and my friends might have gotten this rule wrong so far.

If you have a model with two different weapons and choose both to attack the same unit, could you kill three models with the first and get yourself out of range to attack with your other weapon?

Same goes for a whole squad. I kill five guys with my powerswords, the enemy removes units infront of my poweraxes, so they cant hit?

its shit, i say this out of jealousy

manticore > basilisk

Conscript should be in 50 teams or go home
1 company commander is ordering his ass?
Why 2 troops when 3 nets you 2 more CP?

Commander
2x Primaris psyker
2x50 conscript
5 scions (2 melta, plasma pistol)
Harker
3x manticore

7 CP total with 50ish leftover points

>tfw no live stream from the stores.

Really? I suspect I will have to check that when I play my DG friend again, since his T5 squad of terminators took pretty much my entire army for two turns to kill. I think he allied them in from the regular Chaos dex and then forgot they didn't have Plague Marine buffs.

All damage from a single unit is inflicted at the same time.

Back in 40k after a long break.

Transports, it looks like anyone can get in any transport? So Genestealers can ride around in Chimeras in Genestealer Cult? Bloodletters can ride around in Rhinos?

Also, characters can independently get in Transports, so you can have a super squad in a transport and deploy one character out if you want?

Last question, can Psykers target themselves?

Codex disagrees

See:

Kantor and Nuln makes the perfect shade for NL in my opinion.

Thanks I think

Yes you can, since the rule mentions "even if it Advanced or Fell Back this turn"

You follow all restrictions of the shooting phase, except obviously the ones SPECIFICALLY removed by the soulburst rule

>Must be, if they are able to do so. So you can run Rubric Emperor's Children. Not sure why you would though, you can't double tap with them.

Thank you based user that posted recast info

where exactly do I find this rule?

No, the index was errataed to "must be" period (no other gods mark allowed).

But codex supercedes index and codex no longer has the restriction

Your friend is a cheating bag of hyena dongs, is what he is. There is no way to give T5 and Disgustingly Resilient to units in any way and giving them the Nurgle keyword does not do this. There ARE Death Guard Terminators coming, but only in a few weeks and they sure as hell won't have the same equipment as the current ones.

Ok so we played that right, thanks!

That was really fun and Yvraine seemed really great. She didn't look like much on paper to be honest but Word of the Phoenix alone for two shooting phases on a unit is really fing strong.

And Wraithguard wit D Scythes are fucking murderers.

Core Rules, Shooting Phase.

T H I C C

I hope you get everything you want!

hey guys, do you have a recent rumour engine grid overview with the solutions?

>how does GW make a female model if they can't do faces?
>cover up the face

This is 8th edition. If you say they have T5 and fnp they have T5 and fnp, if your opponent disagrees just use the 'most important rule ' and roll off if you win they by raw have T5 and fnp. Don't forget to use a command point to re-roll if you lose the roll off, ideally in a phase your opponent has already used their command point to re-roll.

Anyone read Black Legion yet? Apparently it makes Sigismund look like a bitch and Abaddon look like a tragic unrelenting superhero?

Do you get your dank memes from 1d4chan or straight from Facebook?

Stay buttmad WAACfag.

I-is it bad?

>excited for possible new guard stuff
>Veeky Forums gets your hopes up with all this steel legion stuff
>turns out to be gimmicky nostalgia bait that everyone will forget about a week after release just like armeggedon
Why are guard still here? Just to suffer?

Alarielle was alright.

They should have gone with instead. Legions have pretty much dissolved into warbands with their own leaders and ideologies, and it would have made more room for post-Heresy traitor chapters.

Im sorry for this: beeing this much of a retard who is apparently unable to find it, despite reading the whole core rules again just to be sure, ill have to ask again for the page and paragraph.

Reading that made me throw up in my mouth a little, never actually play a game of 40k please

Those seem really badly sculpted legs.

Go buy another box of Cadians, bitch.

Eh. It's clear you don't have a lot of experience with freehand. If you touch it up a bit, it will look good, but currently it looks a little wonky.

But I applaud your balls on doing freehand as a novice.

I know what faction footfags play in sigmar

the old bret damsels wern't bad

It's abhorrent dogshit. So ADB as usual

The tank base is good, just needs some edge highlighting/drybrushing

The skull is terribad

U wot? The delicious thighs are sculpted really well. And that oiled Greek Goddess paintjob brings them out really well

I'm looking at starting an Imperial Guard army but Cadians aren't my style, so no Steel Legion really stings. I do believe a new regiment will get plastic models so GW can reinvigorate IG sales.

>why are we still here?
>tfw you realize Creed and Kell probably had that speech when Cadia was crumbling around them

Wow, next to Lelith that's the best GW female model I've seen.

Fucking hell thank you for the info guys, there is a 1KS player in my group who I think has been cheating using stuff he isn't meant to, going to drop this bomb on him and get him to change his army or not be allowed to play.

Sleep deprivation will do that. I figured I'd have to start somewhere.

Just convert the delaque gangers into steel legion brah. It'll be easy brah.

>So ADB as usual

He's really went downhill hasn't he. The First Heretic was so well done, now his current shit is just cringe.

Just remember, rubric marines are a grey area, as it's not clear if the codex supersedes the TROOP datasheet

everything else is 100% off limit

Exactly what did he do?

celestines pretty good too, shame her back up dancers look butch as fuck

Considering the cost of some of the new Primaris models, who's betting these models are released separately for a small fortune?

They really should try to paint an eye brow.

You arent the same retard from /a/ that bitched about thigh muscles?