ITT: Your favorite cutest/best magic art and/or quote

ITT: Your favorite cutest/best magic art and/or quote.

Have a Hedron Crab.

Best flavor text coming through

>Glorious Kev Walker art
>Poignant, story-relevant flavor text
10/10

>human soldiers have 2/1
>a cat with bat wings have 3/3

MtG has really bad in-universe balance.

15 squirrels can beat a world devouring super monster too.

New stuff looks pretty cute

Contributing to good Flavor Text

Truly, an amazing design.

Looks like pepe

and of course

they can breath fire.

No, they can't.

Don't forget the follow up.

Sure can buddy.

>no flying or reach

Don't make jokes about the mechanics of the game if you don't even know how to play, idiot.

Are you implying that's hard to achieve?

best flavah text

>Male sparkmage in flavor text.
>Female sparkmage in art.

He just has nice hips

>she is suppose to hold her dress with hand as far as I know
>some claim that this art have the mistake of it looking like the buldge is suppose to be her knee but her feet say otherwhise
>now I cant think on Olivia with out a giant large meaty third leg

You mean reminder text.

nice feet

They have done exactly the same thing on one card in the upcoming commander set. It's a bit shorter but considerably thicker.

These tokens LITERALLY only exist because normies will XD all over them and buy shit.

It's cute as fuck desu. Works on me.

>a richer people could give more but they could never give as much
what is this i don't even

A richer people (nation/ethnicity) could never etc.

Then it's either "a richer nation" or "richer people" or "a richer person".
Also, why is there no comma after "more"?
And how does the text relate ot the card effect in any way? It sounds like a fortune cookie, especially with all the engrishy grammar.

Not my favorite, but I love it and put a copy into my wallet because of how it resemble me and my innocent smile when I look at my collection of mtg dragons.

I think the most suggestive part of the art is the fact that her hand appears to be cupping something, when you'd expect her to pinch the dress instead.

with that card you'd need 21 squirrels, no? because of annihilation

Classic

They just don't make them like they used to.

Are you implying it's impossible to get 21 squirrels?

The trash can

>Looks like you have a bad case...

Got me

WUT DA ZOG! DATS RITE KILLY!

>minds both great and small

Which is the crab?

This cards reminds me how much I would love ZEN as a plane if it wasn't for the Gatewatch.

Great.

Then just ignore their cards? There were three entire sets plus the artbook which barely mentions the Gatewatch at all, its actually kind of easy to learn about Zendikar without ever hearing about them
The only plane that got overpowered by Gatewatch bullshit was Kaladesh, and as much of that was due to the Inventor's Fair gimmick as anything else

>Father, why does it hurt?
I am feeling on a level unfelt before.

I can get Emrakul before you can get 21 squirrels.

That is one bizarre yet intense arms race

Perhaps aside from the grammar, it's rather the meaning of the phrase? Maybe he didn't get that a richer party could give extravagant gifts and still be rich, but a poorer party could give a mundane item and be left with next to nothing.

I think it's probably easier to combo for infinite squirrels than to get 21 of them.

Good old Earthcraft + Squirrel nest can be done turn 3

If a rich person giving you $10 is literally nothing to them. A poor person giving you $10 is more meaningful because it's probably half of their money.

Couldn't they sacrifice something else?

Like forests, I mean it's a pretty bad idea, but if you're trying to attack Emrakul with a bunch of squirrels, why not go the whole hog?

>not Spidersilk Armor
Come man, that's trve secret tech.

Annihilator let's you sac any permanents, so you could pitch your lands instead

true, true

You're already committed to drowning an elder god beneath the fur of twenty flying squirrels, blowing up a couple of forests is a small price to pay for utterly schooling the Gatewatch in how to really save the Multiverse: be inter-planar Squirrel Girl

You're on.

...Funny you should mention Orks, because my Ghave Deck could HUEG this thing into a win-condition.

Cathar's Crusade is disgusting, I love it.

>"This creature can block creatures with protection from colored spells."
That's redundant. Creature permanents aren't spells. Emrakul only has quasi-shroud and damage prevention from spells. Blocking and creature damage still affect Emrakul.

>my Ghave Deck can
So it's like every Ghave deck ever?

Mmm MMM that's some goodass flavor!

Except DON'T be modern Inter-Planar Squirrel Girl. The SJWS ruined her, and her fun. Squirrel Girl is no longer fun and enjoyable, and I'm not saying that because she's dating a Tranny, I'm saying that because they have removed the carefree ridiculous attitude of the series and replaced it with serious drama and poorly written SJW romance, emphasis on Poorly Written.

Seriously, when is Marvel going to learn how to write again? If you're going to push this agenda, at least give it to people who know how to do it well. Fuck' s Sake, Wizards and Gatewatch has better writing than them at this point

I wish this cost 2R instead. It seems to always be one turn too late.

>That casting cost
>Sorcery
>That memory issue on the blocking clause, let alone being improper.

Has the person that made this card ever played Magic? At all?

It was a change in the art about halfway through drawing. But yeah, looks like massive girldick.

you know, im fine with that, specially if its that insanly big, what is 30 inches?

Proportional generosity.

The idea is that while someone who is wealthier could offer more monetary value as an offering, it would be damn near impossible for someone that wealthy to offer an offering due to what it means to each party.

The poor man's offering means more because he is sacrificing far more on a personal level to make it.

"A people" when referring to a group or nation is grammatically correct. I believe it's implying that a wealthier nation could give more material goods, but could never make a more meaningful sacrifice.

>unintelligible beatboxing

Every fucking time.

From the way she's pulling it, she probably can't even walk without dragging the thing through the ground.

Why are they are Vindicates? That's Anguished Unmaking??

I think they were made during spoiler season and the spoiled card was untranslated.
Can somebody fact-check that?

This is indeed the case.

Oh damn...the irony is palpable.

He's not wrong.

He's dead wrong.

Not a card. lol, named clue on camera

No, it was when the art was revaled but the card was spoiled yet.

It's worse considering their actual exhange when this took place.

>"My child-"

>"I am not your child! I am your creation!"

Jace being Jace...

I had so much fun making those. We haven't had a good art leak like that for a while, so I haven't had a reason to bring it up again.
I'm still smug about how close I got the art on the crop and the set symbol.

Holaphel was fun too, even if the actual vanilla mythic is gonna be in Un3.

>she's dating a Tranny
wat

please don't let your autism ruin jokes

>tfw they only reprinted the edgy version and the new art one sucks too

Too pure for this world

I like that somewhere out there on the internet is a picture of a Hedron Crab shoving a hedron into a Merfolk's vagina.

Are you seriously shitting on kev walkers gob grenade? That art is legendary.

Eh, having physically owned every variant of Goblin Grenade, I'm not impressed.

It just looks lumpy and bleh. I know it's supposed to imply he's full of explosives but it still clashes with GG's core identity. The point of every Goblin Grenade "joke" is that the Goblins themselves are both willing and crazy enough to carry the explosives to the target themselves.

Then there's the Kev Walker version
You can't tell if the Goblin purposefully ate the explosives.
You can't tell if the Goblin is actually crazy enough to willingly carry the explosives.
You can't even tell how the Goblin got into the air.

You could literally take any other creature that's small/dumb (say a Beeble), stuff it full of explosives, and then launch it.

So when it comes down to it you're trying to sell me on is a lumpy goblin art that could be replaced by anything else sufficiently lumpy and full of explosives.

>b-but goblin aerodynamics!

No, that concept has already been well covered by all the "falling Goblins are dangerous" cards:
Mogg Fanatic
Stream Hopper
Goblin Kites
Siege-Gang Commander (the OG version)
Goblin Balloon Brigade
Rock Jockey
Goblin Glider
Goblin Ski Patrol

Just off the top of my head.

Well I appreciate the in depth response, and your reasoning showed me an aspect I was missing from your art. I still love the walker one, but I think I will pick up the OG one now in addition.

I can respect that user.
Really I just love me some goblins.

Same! love my goblin modern deck and don krenko edh deck.

That flavortext would have been great if the only line of text was "Call forth the warbringer"

>Tfw could have got my card signed at GP Birmingham but didn't want to have the flavour text covered

Saddest card.