Veeky Forums?

Veeky Forums?
What is best in life?

Organic armored with metal with magical field around it

To crash the campaign, to see the plot derailed before you, and to hear the lamentations of the GM!

>Magical field
What are you, gay?

No, I just like more lairs of fuck you.

Variety.

Ah, the fuck you lair of magical bullshit, my favourite deck of our starship

Bitches. CONAN! WHERE ARE MY BITCHES! GIVE ME BACK MY BITCHES!

I want ships to be made 99% of detachable chaff to take the hits of obscenely powerful space weaponry while a few core sections actually do all the important things

This is now a Conan thread

Why not having decoy ships at that point?

This is now a Conan thread

Why is Conan one of the best examples of the Sword and Sorcery genre? Seriously it seems like it have been downhill ever since. Was Conan such a peak that it can't be overcome?

/thread

Anons, in sci-fi with space travel, what should a space ship's crew even ACTUALLY consist of? I mean, can someone really operate a ship by themselves? Should it be madly discouraged not to go out by yourself kind of like sailing is? I mean, It's a lot different to owning like a car, you get stuck out there and it could be a long time before space break-down cover comes and gets you, if at all.

Truth be told, the question is just whether or not a person SHOULD be allowed to spacefare alone at all? I know i wouldn't want to.

The best kind is
V
E
R
I
E
T
Y

(a-although I personally am a fan of pic related...)

What, a Conan thread for ants?

>He doesn't know that ant's worship Crom
I can't wait till you Aquilonian's get buttfucked.

>not having a wildlife reserve and luxury resort as part of the ship

lol

Hot water, soft toilet paper and good dentistry.

CONAN THREAD

Stylized, sleek and armored a best.
Honorable mention for Realistic/modern, traditionalist and organic.

I appreciate the filename and the reference, user.

>Tfw clone empire of perfectly duplicated peak condition Arnolds

ONLY THE GOODEST OF GUYS, THE SPACE EMPIRE OF LEGEND

I feel confident of our naval victory

This was the Emperor's dream for Humanity.

>No Subotai or Wizard

Shit tier.

Starring himself as everyone?

It's not "Humans should evolve to become like the Slann" it's "Humans should evolve to become like me."

>that hat
please stop.

Sleek cyberpunk? personally i like grounded tech with stilized elements, like deus ex.

I'm working on a universe that sort of tackles all of the above? Each of the galactic superpowers effectively have their own style of ship with their own preferred way of handling combat.
>Big Ogre guys effectively fly modern Destroyers with side-facing canons that obliterate everything they pass with their superior size and power
>Smaller rodent race fly small and sleek battle cruisers that can outmaneuver just about anything
>Cheap as hell Space Chinese group that sell cobbled together scrap heaps that are more liable to break apart during flight than destroy your enemies.
Most planets fall under the jurisdiction of said superpowers so the locally manufactured cruisers tend to fit the "style" of that section of space. What I'm having trouble with is the actual visual design of said ships, since I want to make a variety of illustrations for it but I'm literally drawing blanks.

Space chinese always make good sci-fi factions

Pure Sex
except fot the colour scheme, but that's nitpicking

agree on all points; being UN, I imagine they'd prolly keep their sky blue / white

well that's true

I'm more of a dark grey with skull and crossbones kinde of guy.

>no aft firing capability
i get that long range missiles can probably change course, but you still have to be wasting energy/flight time

I would assume that one coudl fire the torpedos at only slightly higher velocity than the ship to they could start their initial movment with as little energy loss as possible.

John Milius writing, Basil Poledouris compossing, Prime Arnold and James Earl Jones as MC and BBEG. And there was no CGI.

Wtf

I was at the sack of Venarium, I don't remember any fucking ants helping us.

We can put some automated turrets on all the debris to help stop incoming attacks. Ohh! And let's put some engines on some so they can go intercept missiles before getting close!