Stat me Veeky Forums

stat me Veeky Forums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=I9lYjTO_p2M
tangent-realms.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
youtube.com/watch?v=6W_fzCW0L84
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What would happen if these guys went into 40K?

A shitty attempt to force a mediocre book that really has nothing to do with traditional games except for the most tangential manner.

Seriously, fuck off with making these lazy threads.

user you sound upset.

the obvious result would be the sisters of battle carrying out a purging campaign

Like everything else in this book. max stats in Being Fucking Disgusting, Being Fucking Terrifying, and Being Fucking Depressing.

you can't out terrify the star people. they WON the war with the machines and lived on. and eventually we even got us our centuries long revenge on the qu.

one thing i really liked about the book was despite how horrible and ugly everything was it kept me rooting for them since they're the future of humanity.

REMOVED

What are these things if I may Ask? I see the image a lot around here, but I can never get a source for it. Google barely gives me anything.

A race that fucks over the various human decedents from the far future.
Featured in this book.

>fucks over
that's a light way of putting it.

That was not how I planned to spent my afternoon...

>centuries
Millions of years.

>taking a whole afternoon to read All Tomorrows
You should also read All Yesterdays, After Man, and Man After Man. That would be a good afternoon.

-10 hp

>implying they were permitted to die

I think humanity fucking killed them.

Nope, they're living toilet paper now.

Obvious bait is obvious, enjoy you're numerous (You)s regardless.

>After man
>Man after man
Based Dixon is based. Too bad he couldn't save Future is Wild from being mediocre.

Dixon is a hack despite the interesting designs he may have come up with. He plagiarized Wayne Barlow's concept art for an unmade project on Future Man.

HA

>All Yesterdays, After Man, Man After Man
Are these all in the same universe or are they different stories?

Different, the first isn't even by the same author(s) and deals with paleontological reconstructions of real animals.

There is also the new dinosaurs by Dixon and the Rhinogrades one (which is possibly the most fascinating, being more technical, while totally accessible).

Wtf I hate Dougal now. Well, at least Barlowes work in that Mars thing (alien planet? I forget the name) was pretty good an he got recognition, or is something going to get revealed to make me lose respect for him too...

Racial Trait: Autistic REEEEEEEEEEEE-

But seriously, the Qu are the disabled kids from 2nd grade who walks away from the lego bins to take a piss on the sink, see's Jimmy McDudebro made a little house, and goes into full tard rage.

Oh fuck dat pic, dat text

It's way funnier to me than it probably should be.

bumping in hopes some user will post the .pdfs to the other books. All Tomorrows was great, and I'm hyped that there are others

>(qu)

This.

Just google the titles. They're all online.

Why do you guys keep trying to spam this thing here? It's not really that good.

Don't you have an Excuse Me thread to be complaining about?

I can make some for you if you need me to.

Honest question. Sorry that I noticed a pattern of off-topic threads being repeated here.

>stat-me threads are off-topic

Well user I don't want to call you a newfag so I'll just end my post here.

>stat me threads are not the most transparent "I just want to talk about something off-topic on /tg" type of threads

Don't call anyone else a newfag or pretend everyone needs to be as stupid as you are.

A page 10 bump, just for you

Holy shit.

-10hp

Perfect, I don't have to make a thread

I'm planning on making the Qu a major threat in an upcoming space game.

Plan is for the players to be regular old smugglers for the first while. Then find a colony or two of biomorphed people, with no real sign as to why. Since the people can't communicate anymore, they won't be able to figure it out right away.

They obviously won't be able to take on the Qu directly. However, Humanity has some limited FTL (mass and gravity limited, can't be over a certain mass, and can't jump to any large gravity well, still takes a few weeks to get from place to place) . Qu don't have it at all.

I'm gonna just dump the problem of such an existencial threat on players and see how they handle it. They can't take them on in a direct fight, but the human's colonies can go up faster than the Qu can biomorph them since it can take several thousand years for a Qu ship to reach a human colony. Will they just let a few colonies be sacrificed? Or do something else?

not in the book, not canon

>150 threads on the board but it's very important for everyone to see how butthurt I am!

Shouldn't you be posting in some generals about how much you hate generals?

I'm going to do so blatant shilling for a second. Please forgive me.
There is a documentary about the author of All Tomorrows (etc) in post production and it could use some extra funds to expedite the process.
I already donated $40 when I had it, but funds are a little too tight for me to donate again at the moment.
Check out his youtube videos and the donation page for the documentary.
youtube.com/watch?v=I9lYjTO_p2M
tangent-realms.backerkit.com/hosted_preorders
Depending on the donation level, you could even get a digital sketch from the author.

That would be awesome, the realization that the Qu are coming, I feel like the stars will feel a little darker now that humans know that they are on their way slowly, maybe even turning humans into a nomadic race, desperate to get away. Later generations might not even know why they are running, only an all consuming fear of staying still.

That's part of the hope. Maybe the players will think of something I haven't though, which will be just as good really.

I like the Qu as a villain simply because the represent such a great existential threat. They don't just kill you or enslave you. They literally turn your species into twisted body horror shapes for their amusement or as tools. And they do it specifically for spite. They don't do it because "thats how they are" they do it as a careful and specific torture method. A torture for a whole species.

The existential threat will probably be somewhat diluted by the fact that the Qu aren't going to really get anywhere within the lifespans of the players.

But if they do nothing then they're dooming thousands of generations of humanity to being horrific body horror creatures.

That would fuck me up something fierce, don't know about you

Maybe there is some scout or something sent by the Qu to look at this area of space, one that left long enough ago that it arrived ahead of the rest of the empire. It might not even be a Qu, just a twisted and brainwashed servant species, the Qu equivalent to a robot drone, and one way to instill a sense of urgency is to make it ambiguous how long they have until the rest of the Qu arrive to envelop the human worlds, it could be thousands of years, it could be a couple decades, the proximity of the biomorphed colonies could point towards the Qu being much closer than they think, and if they already have ships crawling towards us then they could almost have completed their journey. I won't lie, I really want to try something like this with my group.

There is also the possibility that they are arriving from above or beneath the galactic disc.

They aren't going to gnaw and nibble their way from one edge to the other, they are going to arrive at hundreds/thousands of inhabited worlds more or less at the same time.

Exactly, I imagine them as a wall moving in, changing worlds, building their pyramids, and then just slowly moving away, leaving the worlds abandoned and forgotten, save for whatever poor souls are left behind.

Actually that gives me a good question to ask.

How do I actually present the Qu? At first I was thinking I'd have just the evidence of them being around. But eventually I think I'd have to give the payoff of actually SEEING a Qu. Unfortunately I can't imagine a scenario where this would end well for the party at all.

Can you help me out by explaining how your own butthurt at someone pointing out this is offtopic spam doesn't make you a disgusting hypocrite of the worst kind?

Are there psykers in your setting?

Nope. Fairly realistic setting outside of the minor FTL and some liberties with space combat

Honestly I don't know how to portray them, maybe they find small pyramid that seems to be a burial mound for a single Qu, then have them realize that it's just in some sort of extended sleep, waiting for more to arrive or return, with even more pyramids in the distance. The awe of standing in the presence of a sleeping giant, they might not even have defenses, after all, who would try to get in and mess with them? After that point I'm not sure, it could wake up and be confused or curious at the humans having gotten inside to bother it, like a person that had a insect get into their house, before annihilating them or subjecting them to horrific experiments.

The logical course of action is probably to try and maneuver your way behind these Qu and raid abandoned worlds.

>How do I actually present the Qu? At first I was thinking I'd have just the evidence of them being around. But eventually I think I'd have to give the payoff of actually SEEING a Qu. Unfortunately I can't imagine a scenario where this would end well for the party at all.

Use a pregenerated party group with some minor customization by the players. Run a couple sessions. Plan on a party wipe, ensure your party somehow is running with active data recording devices, the transmission is intercepted by a customized party.

youtube.com/watch?v=6W_fzCW0L84

I think the Path of Now and Forever is probably a fitting theme for the reveal of an actual Qu.

Nah m8

Oh that could work.

I was thinking the original reason they were going to one of the already visited worlds might be a precursor fossil, like in the book. They could transport the whole science team, have the NPCs be brutally murdered and have the PCs escape having seen exactly what the fuck they're dealing with.

I like to interpret that as the Asteromorph Gods demonstrating that with inhuman greatness comes a potential for inhumanly great spite.

It says subdued rather than killed.

The Qu considered themselves perfect in form and the universe was their canvas, and theirs alone divinely ordained for them to work on.

The Asteromorph would have played on that. The adult ones, the ones stupid enough to let themselves be taken alive, would have been put in old Gravital bodies but without the ability to change the world. They just get to observe for ever, never sleeping, never looking away, not even with eyelids. They would get to see as the Asteromorphs take their young and remake them into good little servants as they did to the Machine Humans, declawed, subservient and ever so eager and happy to please their new and wonderful masters.

The Old Qu would get to watch this, as their children are made into loving pets, debased from divine perfection and all their great works reduced to nothing so completely that it would be as if they never were, as if they themselves never were. They would get to know just how hard they done fucked up, how totally fucking insignificant they were before the glory of humanity and it's new extra-galactic friends. And they will get to watch this until the end of time, unable to look away or scream or die.

That just kinda sounds like the plot to Alien, though. Or Prometheus.
I'm having a hard time imaging a way to encounter the Qu that could faithfully convey the same kind of galactic-scale horror feeling they have in the book. The spookiness of the Qu feels, to me, like a time-frame question, so I'm not sure exactly how you could convey that in a space-opera like game.

Maybe, a few hundred years ago or something, a certain colony somewhere or another (Planet Roanoake) went off network. It was far enough away or insignificant enough that nobody bothered to check up on it, and it was just assumed that some sort of natural disaster brought the colony down. PCs arrive to find horrific man-beasts roaming the countryside eating grass or what have you and Qu pyramids everywhere, but no sign of the actual fuckers because they've already started heading towards the rest of human civilization. That could work. I believe he mentions that the time frame of the Qu's genetic modifications were much, much faster than normal evolution

An Expedition to Darwin IV?

Or it could be that humanity has not got FTL by that point, mitigated somewhat by insane level of longevity, cryogenic suspension and the time dilating effects of relativistic travel.

Time between colonies might be a few decades, but that is nothing to an immortal leapfrogging through time. All your friends will be there when you get back also you will have 50 years worth of films and such to watch.

Life for humans in such an era would be unhurried. When the round trip is Reagan to Obama a few extra months at a beach resort are not going to make much of a difference.

Result is that news of the Qu does not travel much faster than the Qu and nobody can be quite prepared for how fuck they are.

The time it takes would be glacially slow if viewed from outside, but the effect it has subjectively would be extremely fast.

For a second I read that as the pyramid itself being a Qu, or at least a living, intelligent servitor-being. That would be a good surprise to spring on the players, I think. The giant building you're exploring is, in fact, a single living creature- and it just woke up.

Anyway, on the subject of 'how the Qu can be dangerous without FTL', maybe the plot can center around a Qu ship/colony which is in danger of getting its hands on an FTL drive, and the players have to find a way to kill it before it can reverse-engineer it?

The Qu took less than 100,000 years to fuck up the Milky Way and then move on. The rest of what happened to humanity took millions of years of re-evolving. In the end, the machine men reconquered the galaxy, having advanced faster and seeing the rest of the inhuman galaxy as animals. What the Qu left behind now grows in power exponentially...

Nice digits, but no matter how you interpret it, the Qu were removed as a power and a threat.

Personally I rather liked the Gravitals, very aesthetic. A touch too crazy, poor decision making, but very aesthetic and ambitious.

Then again, I thought the whole 'Star People' thing was a huge mistake and an unforgivably idiotic genocide after the civil war to physicly solve a problem that should have had a philosophical solution so I probably hold some resentment for their most direct descendants the Aestromophs/Spaces who decided they suddenly pretended they grew a mandate 'right' to play galactic police after having pointedly ignored their suffering dirtbound brethren for long eons after the Qu.

I think the Qu are plenty dangerous without FTL. Just not anybody specifically until they arrive.

Kind of like how the Sun exploding is dangerous. Its going to happen, its inevitable. But no one alive now is going to be around when it happens.
The difference with the Qu is that they hate you, and they are coming for you, and just maybe you might be able to stop or delay them.

I also always imagined the Qu as using large bioships and very little mechanical technology. Making an FTL drive much more difficult to reverse-engineer.

>Can you help me out

Sure, there's the door.

>Or it could be that humanity has not got FTL by that point, mitigated somewhat by insane level of longevity, cryogenic suspension and the time dilating effects of relativistic travel.
user's already established that, in his setting, humans DO have FTL travel. Either we retcon a part of his setting that already exists, or we come up with stuff he can use without such a flop. What you're talking about would be cool, but it wouldn't work in user's game.

Looked it up and yes, that's it. Turns out Alien Planet was a TV adaptation of it.

Wow, what a shitty way to necromance this thread.

Best Post-human coming through.

>they're all online

yeah if you want to pay for them or trust dodgy looking sites for download links

We don't care about global warming, which works a lot faster than the Q, user.

The big difference being that in the All Tomorrows universe the Qu are demonstrably real.

>i bootstrapped myself from a less than two-meter-tall fleshie to a transentient machine god to show the universe my paisley pecs

Remove.

Not really. Species have always changed, but proposing that an alien menace mutated the humans of a whole planet into weird shit in short order's basically like claiming that god created earth in seven days.

>I have no orifice, yet I must exclaim.

Such is global warming.

Am I the only one who audibly laughs when some wannabe mod gets mad and posts a "guise, stop bumping this thread I don't like!" reply instead of just ignoring the thread?

well they started it

>Sail people
>Not Machine People

You don't deserve those dubs

Another fucking brainlet breed.

>necromance the thread
>a thread not even half a week old
>ON Veeky Forums OF ALL PLACES
I'll bump this just to laugh, like this guy

Half a week is ancient on Veeky Forums. If a thread can't reach 300 replies in two days, it's really just actively getting bumped by a few people desperate to get their thread seen despite it not being popular.

>Half a week is ancient on Veeky Forums

All the threads older than 3 days are sad, sad threads that are made and maintained by people who are just bumping them to keep them alive.

Why don't you just use your mod powers to delete the thread?

>Having a discussion related to something brought up in the thread.
>Apparently necromancing thread because thread is a couple days old and user couldn't be bothered not to complain about things he doesn't like. Complainer user also ironically keeps thread alive with his complaints instead of going to a thread he would like.
A valid complaint would be about the thread being off topic, which it technically is, but look at it this way; we're having fun, you're not.

do you have an explanation for the roving, interplanetary mutagenic horror that defined that era? Was is a galaxy sized cloud of swamp gas?

How about we bring it back on topic, then. How would you run a game using the themes of All Tomorrows/Man After Man (e.g. deep time, human evolution both natural and directed, etc.)

I would think that running the game exclusively through Microscope RPG would work perfectly. You can jump in time between eras at any time and design stories for any of the species in the All Tomorrows.
The spin-off Microscope books might be useful too, but I'm not as familiar with those.

>user couldn't be bothered not to complain about things he doesn't like.

This is why /qst/ exists.

Not sure what system would be best, but have the players be colonists in a hopeless last stand against either the Qu (as star people) or the Gravitals (as whatever human species they want). The goal is not to win, but to see how long they can hold out. My biggest worry is that it won't be fun for most, but for others it could be rewarding.

Just for you a page 10 bump