Lexicanum is dead

And 40k wiki is garbage

All that's left now is 1d4chan

Other urls found in this thread:

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

And 1d4chan is also garbage.

Yes, but it was always so, and it's proved itself mildly entertaining every now and then. 1d4chan is the rising monkey against all of the fallen angels.

First for the Emprasque.

>All that's left now is 1d4chan- 2 posts and 1 image reply shown.
God help us.

It knows it's garbage though, so it has fun with it. And it's also still better than WH40K wiki

>Lexicanum is dead

Wait, what? I heard they'd been hacked, but I thought they were working on bringing up a backup.

The staff says they're working on it but who knows

2007 strikes again

I bet those two absolute bell-ends that run 40kwiki literally cackled and then started licking each other's helmets once they heard if they still actually run it I haven't paid attention to the wiki drama for a couple years

>Press F to pay respects

Lexicanum improved drasticly after that impotent/idiotic administrator Inquisitor S. left and 40k wiki improved after they dropped the hammer on fanfiction/fan content.

Both have their pros and cons and both have improved over the years.

40k Wiki is better for Imperial centered articles and fluff where Lexicanum is better for all the other fluff.

I saw this before it went down.

>dropped the hammer on fanfiction/fan content.

They were putting fan content as part of the wiki?

>le ebin black and white villain man
>piano music
>let's play a game aheheh *snort*
>l33t sp34k
>mfw they were undone by 13 year olds
SAD!
Yeah, fanart and the like.
Lexicanum has stuff on even the most obscure fluff but they summarize to the point of insanity, while 40k wiki has fewer articles but tons more info

What does content deletion have to do with anything? Don't those people keep backup?

They do but they might be outdated, and seeing how much shit went down in the past year that's bad

They were primarily a fan wiki for years, most of the content was fanfluff until they cracked down and purged most of it when a really autistic dude who wanted to internet fight Lex and become the Real Ultimate Warhammer Wiki took over.
Not long after a guy from Lex who got booted for uploading fan-art went to 40kwiki and became their main contrib, he copy+pasted Lex articles and filled them full of fan-art. When he ran out of Lex articles to copy he started uploading direct copy+pastes of fluffbooks. He ended up as co-admin.
It's a little better now in that regard as well, they've chilled out on just stealing shit, though the total lack of editing talent means the articles are huge fluffdumps from all over the placed.

Inq S at Lex was a full-on 'if it isn't sourced to the exact page it gets deleted' sort of guy, which made what *was* in Lex totally reliable but made productivity there a chore and chased away all but the most autistic editors and gave the place a bad rep.

You're choice in wikis for years was do you want the autisitc oldfag wiki or the tryhard thief wiki, it's why 1d4chan actually stopped being irrelevant and because useful as bizarrely, the more sane and helpful people started filling in the meme wiki with good content instead of those places.

I suppose fan art, as in illustrations exclusively, aren't a bad addition if there's a lack of official pictures. Standards should be kept high if posible of course.

Yeah, but then that's going to incite flame wars when some people think the pics are official, and will trigger autism everywhere

Just reading this but 1d4chan getting more popular makles sense. Its far more laid back allowing fanart peeps to upload merrily, the obsessed autists to run wild in tactics section, fluff buffs have some freedom of expression (cause its tongue in cheek) and finally the people looking for info can have their tactics section. Essentially there is something for everyone on 1d4chan.

Inquisitor S was so fucking bad that after he finally left the rest of the admins had to come together and ask the German Lexicanum (which at the time was a whopping 5,000 fucking pages ahead of the English one because they had competent admins) if they could translate and copy paste their articles onto the English one.

Algrim Whitefang and that other guy (Montious?) were obnoxious but they've settled down. The whole "copying" claim seems absurd since Lexicanums articles were largely just copypaste of what was written in the codexes and nothing else since they ignored BL fluff almost entirely.

1d4chan has always been a voice of reason but the wiki's sense of "community" seems to be slowly dying and editors are just minding their own business these days rather than interacting with one another besides on Veeky Forums..

40k wiki is garbage? Why?

Eh, the copying thing is retarded, but the complaint was that due to Lex's strict no exact copying rules, the Lex editors went out of their way to rewrite stuff so it wasn't a 1 to 1, and developed structures different to the way fluff sections were laid out in sourcebooks etc. So they got pissed off when the guy from 40Kwiki just lifted it with a couple mouse-clicks and then went 'Fucking what, you're just copying other people's work anyway". He had a point but it was obnoxious. And the HH BL fluff was all over that fucking thing but who cares.
The reason it started off as a bad vibe is a fan-artist complained about it, Lex took that shit down and booted the uploader after warning him, 40kwiki didn't give a fuck. Nowadays literally nobody cares.

Wikis in this hobby are becoming useless since everyone has the contents of the Megas all downloaded and we rip everything directly as soon as we can, it's another reason why 1d4chan is actually good as memes and tactics will always have a place.

Yeah, go for the memes, stay for the edit war 'cause fuck that autistic fuck's ocd.

40k wiki is utter shit

>Fanfic everywhere
>Fanart everywhere
>No citations. Simply dumps sources at the bottom of these massive pages making it impossible to look anything up
>Simply plagiarizes entire GW sourcebooks, copy and pasting them word for word page after page. Literally no other wiki on the web does this.
>Actually far more behind lexicanum in updating stuff. When stuff does update it's only done piecemeal and in a poorly organized fashion (i.e. new information on vulkan fighting horus might be added to the Vulkan page, but not the Salamanders, Sons of Horus, Horus Heresy, or Horus pages)
>Shitty in-universe rambling style that makes looking stuff up exhausting and annoying
>Awful organization that makes looking stuff up exhausting and annoying (Wanna find a specific Dark Angel? Well, a copy paste might be somewhere on that massive DA main page but good luck finding anything individual)

Lexicanum isn't perfect but is still far superior

I'm sad that the lexi has so very little Age of Sigmar stuff.

Nah dude, fanart should be clearly labelled so and kept to userpages.

press S

S
Okay what now

>Inquisitor S.

Christ I forgot that moron even existed, what happened to him?

at least the warhammer fantasy wiki is growing, which is more than the (english) fantasy lexicanum has

they did it again.
Kids these days...

The site is back up again, though a lot of the pics/thumbnails seem dead

Oh look, it's another thread of 40kids bitchin about the shitty wikis they never contribute to fixing. I guess creating an account and being held accountable for content is the reason we shitpost on anonymous image boards about korean heraldry.

Kids need some new fucking hobbies.

t.wiki editor

Nah mang, I don't think 40k lore is worth documenting. Seeing as BL is not-canon and even most canon is some codex writer's headcanon, any wiki will be a mess of contradicting shit.

Was this an actual wiki policy at any point?Fantasy Lexicanum could use some help.

The real Dr. Lecter wouldn't be caught dead using l33t sp34k. Well, if it was the real Dr. Lecter the Lexicanum guys are probably dead. F

No, it never was (in neither ones, I believe). All you can do is note the discrepancies in the article itself

Would anybody be willing to help bring Fantasy Wiki in line with Age of Sigmar?

>they literally confirm they're kids

Age of Sigmar has a separate wiki

I meant Warhammer Fantasy Lexicanum.

Dumb typo.

IT'S BACK

wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page

>We're dangerous child's"

Oh god, whatever will we do.

>Script kiddies script kididdled a website
They'll get bored and move on. I'd be shocked to see issues last more than a month tops. It's a pain in the short term, but acting like the sky is falling is dumb, unless you're as ADHD as the kids doing this. The admin has the weight of a very large wiki to motivate him to put the site back up. The kids have until they have to go back to school to show of their ebin epeen. I know who my money is on.

>Leave my backdoors or I'll down your server!
>I totes won't abuse those backdoors though, honest
pic related

People care about Age of Smegmar?

More people care about it than people that care about you.

still not enough to update the wiki though

That's mostly because account activation system requires bureaucrat input.

Ah, good times.