Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

Primaris Marine Edition

>Necromunda is coming back with new minis and stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos Losing again...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

First for T'au

>Chaos Losing again...
Because they will not unleash their soul grinders.

>that marine

>++You can run but you can't hide bitch.

Thousand Sons players on suicide watch being unable to use their armies, no the thing in the OP doesn't address the fact they can't use CSM units.

Soon

Is carnak gonna commit suicide?

Woah there, wrong picture, bitch.

>take this
>cut at waist
>attach wych
>instant lamia

Reposting : )
So to get back to tabletop talk instead of factionwank, how are y'all doing this lazy Sunday? Any projects?
I've found a 24 hour Bob Ross stream and I'm just taking my time sipping Moxie and updating each Guardsmen individually while listening to him teach me how to be a better person. Batch painting was too stressful.
Show me your Sunday projects, gents?

Also reposting

Not really a Sunday project, but I finished two of my 32 Poxwalkers yesterday

>can't use CSM units
Just have an allied detachment?

>run

WHF Dark Elves (whatever it is they are called now) had Medusa as part of the latest Cauldron of Blood kit. Headswap might be necessary because GW can't into female faces, but besides that it should be good to go.

>I sensed the spillage of souls into the warp. I sensed the outburst of panicked, confused, blood-maddened, death-drunk spirits of the violently slain, tumbling into the realm behind reality. I sensed the wet laughter of gorging daemons. I sensed the ebb and flow of the empyrean’s winds, blowing harder behind the veil, fuelled by the glut of freed souls. I sensed death after death after death– those who did not know they were dead; those that fought uselessly as they fell into the waiting, gaping maws; those that cried wordless defiance as they were torn apart by daemonic claws. I sensed the daemons that would be born in the aftermath of this battle. I sensed how they loved us for this slaughter, and how they hated us for its mortal limits– for no matter the slaughter we perpetrated, it was never enough, never enough.

So if fighting back against Chaos (or even fighting in general) empowers daemons and creates even more daemons, then what's the point of fighting? Shouldn't the races of the setting look for peace?

New Tigershark release
Barracuda in center, aside from Heavy Rail you've got ion and burst options it seems

Exactly. That retard goes on and on, but thanks to detachments, even IF TS can't use CSM stuff anymore, all they really lose are Rhinos and since those aren't anywhere near as mandatory as they used to be, it's not a huge loss. He's just doing some autistic screeching hoping for (You)s.

>lexicanum is ded

You don't realize how much you miss something until it's gone

kek

What's the reason for the Custodes in dark armor?

>Thousand Sons players on suicide watch being unable to use their armies, no the thing in the OP doesn't address the fact they can't use CSM units.
Stop being retarded. Death guard and Thousand sons players haven't received their codex yet. they should still use the index. The same as Blood angels, Space wolves, Dark angels, etc.

Bloodwrack Medusa

harrison_ford_who_gives_a_shit.gif

WTF

Brexit now!

For chaos what would be a good deepstrike unit to go along with a sorcerer and warptime-charge in the enemy backfield? Would warp talons or raptors work better or maybe something else entirely?

I run rubric heavy lists but things like devestator teams and the like have a tendency to pop my transports and something to harass their heavy support teams seems like it would help a lot

Terminators

Didn't get the answer in the last thread. Would a chapter give up a failed aspirant or a serf to an inquisitor which helped them?
An example would be a Crimson Fists neophyte half-way through the implantation which got too old to finish the process as the events on Rynn's World occurred.

Is there anything particularly unwise about using an all veteran IG army?

WHOOOOOOO!!

UK wanting something interesting to happen.

we did it we did god's work. next is Veeky Forums

Every army has an opposite version.
dark mechanics
dark custodians
north tau
etc

Still no transport for your 1KS stuff and no aura buffing

Comes from a super secret sub force called the Warders of the Vaults of Rython

"Low" model count. Mechvets used to be king back when Chimeras had fire points. They're not terrible now but certainly worse off than they were. I do like the idea of a few fully equipped veteran teams operating like operators. Three specials, a badass sgt, heavy flamer, heavy team, and a chimera. Fragile though.

>harrison_ford_who_gives_a_shit.gif
Neck yourself then get back to rebbit

see

Failing miserably at Malinax Knight armour. Basecoating with Zandri Dust works fine, but I can't do a thin AND consistent layer of Ushabti Bone over the top without it looking shit and covered in brushstrokes, so I can't get the "In-between" look I want.
How the hell do you do layering properly, people? I'm probably too new at painting to be doing a Knight, but the skeleton went pretty well.

Looks pretty neat any other cool stuff from there?

Ok, these were the strongest list of ETC 2017. How bad is the state of 8e right now?

anyone else wish percentages could be displayed during the Konor campaign?

user, pls.

What's the story behind it. Before it was down I saw a message by hacker to the site administrator. Which one of you did it?

>Batch painting was too stressful.
I hear ya. I actually paint squads faster doing one model at a time because I hate batch painting so much that I never get started.

Anyway, about to kick off painting my word bearers. Got a test model done today (which, being the Designated Test Model, is too thicc to post here without triggering everybody) and happy with the scheme, so will be cracking on with them this week.

hey guys, any old fags know when the current CSM plastic kit dropped?

>waah nobody gives a fuck about my weeaboo p2w models
>must be plebbit

Yeah it'd help track things a little better. Something is missing to make this campaign feel like shit is happening what is it?

Yes, because Chaos wins with the power of Chaos is incredibly interesting.

This is GW we're taking about. It's either going to be generic Imperial wank or generic Chaos wank.

yes

psain jackal paint update. A thought occurred that maybe I could use a tiny ass stencil for the skull on the face plate. Cut this out of paper in about 5 minutes and laid it over a head piece. It wrapped around well but the bottom section was a hair to long. Sprayed it flat to see the detail off it. I think this approach might actually work.

not really

Event's meant to be taken casually. Raw statistics are the easiest way to breed butthurt.

McPoxwalker deluxe

in my experience they do way too few attacks for their price value to accomplish that goal

they protect the chaos emperor

damn, its been awhile. thanks user

>search for painting tutorial for specific model
>lore video from some kids that sound like they eat nothing but lead paint
>spikey bits
>10 pages of shit that has nothing to do with 40k
>one tutorial from a guy who can't paint.

That's actually some staggering variety for a tournament. Boring as fuck spam lists notwithstanding.

banana plane

"I see evidence every day that people can do this. Just pick up a brush and go. That's why I know you can too and if I say that I know you can then you have to believe you can, because I wouldn't lie to you."

Nah. Looking at the CSM sprues right now. They're labeled 2007.

Actually if the person can speak, it's not tight.

Do you guys think a conversion of a stormfang gunship into a nurgle storm eagle gunship would look alright? I could save like 80 bucks doing it that way

Except SM codex does not prohibit etc units, it just prohibits them from using relics/tactics/stratagems
The CSM one specifically prohibits DG and 1KS units

They shoot too. And warptime lets them leverage meltas or flamers.

Would the Genestealer guardsmen set be a good starting point for making some Savlar chem dogs?

Iron Hands?

>waah he's still not giving a fuck about my p2w bullshit nobody cares about
>must be bait, clearly this interests everybody on the whole internet and the rest of the thread is just too btfo to comment on the staggering t'''au products

Well ETC has 8 members per team and the same army can only be represented once per team, so only 1 t'au, 1 eldar etc.

People will ignore this to keep parroting their shit.

>Implying anyone would run from Raptorlets

I have a steel legion army and its difficult to get lots of models so i was thinking of just running them as all veterans, its just 100 extra points plus any extra special weapons. So either i use yarrick or just have everyone as veterans.

you're technically right

the 2002 chaos space marine kit was recut and given a few extra bits in 2007 (the god-specific parts)

I wondered the same thing. I order a few chem packs and gas mask heads from victoria minatures to see how those work out first.

Taking the genestealer cult route, you have a lot of hard to remove cult icons.

>Sept
what

@54859803
>p2w
nice meme

Anyone has a link to the new black legion epub?

I need more emo-marines :/

Meh not even as WAAC as my competitive list

My bad. Command sprue is 2007. Basic dude sprues are 2006.

not for the regular guardsmen pack that just comes with a GSC customisation sprue. Might have to file down the ridges on the cultist heads or make some greenstuff bandanas though.

yes but after that one turn of shooting they can get charged and locked down, at least that is what always happens to my scarab occult terminators.

I would consider waiting for Necromunda sprues - girls got the punk look alright, just need the masks. Guys can do with minimal conversion too.

Theres no such thing as "Dark Custodians"

Fuck

Can anyone post that story from the Codex of a Zerker killing a Hirophant by himself?

Please stop arguing stupid keyword bullshit. None of it has ever born out in 8th.

That's still only technically correct. The same parts have existed since 2002. The 2006 sprue you're holding just has 2 additional head (the one on the far right of your pic and the one with the forward-curved horns and the metal jaw) and two or three additional shoulder pads. Other than that, all the parts are identical. Even the command sprue has parts from 2002, such as the Heavy Bolter, the chainmail cock curtain and the power sword.

>I can recite this from memory
What the fuck have I done with my life?!

The necromunda dudes look massive though. About as big as ogryns.

6 meltaguns, 3 plasma talons, 10 hellblasters and a plasma cannon enough anti-armor for 2k?

Standing prey works too corpse worshipper.

Is there a link to download Black Library books?

Get some lascanons asshole.

There are not-all-female and not-goliath Necromunda gangs. I don't think we've seen the new sculpts yet.

Van Saars, Scavvies, and Arbites come to mind.

No way. The Goliaths are standing on 32mm probably. Even if they sit snugly on 40mm, Ogryns would tower over them.

>melta guns
>current year

Gangers