Paizo Games General /pgg/

Paizo Games General /pgg/ (also /pfg/)

Has your party ever fought any opposing "heroes"?

/pfg/ Link Repository (Pathfinder): pastebin.com/JLu5xXML
/sfg/ Link Repository (Starfinder): pastebin.com/3GfJKi0y
Current Playtests: pastebin.com/quSzkadj

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers
myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=406051
giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?528186-Dreamscarred-Press-New-playtest-the-Rajah-an-akashic-initiator!&p=22289672#post22289672
docs.google.com/document/d/10MzQQumu0nksyGWKwmlVZFteXGUICeULHzehQKZWR8c/edit
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Gnolls are not heroic, they're cannibal rapist murderers and I think they aren't even worth the effort of skinning.

Gnolls are cute and worth waifuing.

>futafag

Unabashedly so, but that is only one subspecies of gnoll! I am primarily a furfag, good sir, and would you insult me for such!

Have you fought any particularly strong or intelligent ones? Or any other "stand-out" members of other races?

Are you a furfag if you like monstergirls?

No, because they are usually human body with a lower body of a monster. It makes you a beast fucker.

It's a scale

>It's a scale
Only if they're lamia.

I want to harry a Drow!

Still looking for advice re Mystic Theurge

Your last played character gets a Wish during the next session. What do they wish for?

I have. He was called Memory's Fang and was basically a ghost story for an entire region. It was because he could quite literally feed on memory and read memories by eating brains. He also was enormous compared to most gnolls, large sized.

How high is the DC?

How do PCs learn how many hit dice an enemy has? Is it something that they should be informed about by a regular knowledge check to learn about a monster?

I need to know for animating undead.

That actually happened to me not too long ago.

My character wished for an indestructible mug that filled with hot chocolate at will with a grumpy cat on the side. So far, we've used it to fill a ship's hold with so much hot cocoa that it sank, and used it to hold open a massive stone door in a deathtrap.

I never have so much fun as when I play a character that dumps wisdom.

To be rid of the... death demon? Shinigami? Extraplanar undead? Whatever it is she's currently bound to serve, she wants it gone.

His own little hidden village where he and all the women he's been with can live in comfort.

He wishes his son was alive.

Not for her to love him, that never ends well. Probably not to be a real boy, it'd basically be letting the world win.

So maybe just money or vast magical power. Then he can work on making people like him through those means.

we have just started our first pf game, and i'm rolling a summoner. i'm not playing an archetype

anyone got some tips or builds for me to take a look at?

currently recruiting games are:
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles (ends in one week...if it is real) - lewd AP
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85418/mint-rebels-double-treason (ends in two weeks) - rationalist spin on Hell's Rebels AP
app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/84677/godslayers (ends in one month and a half) - kill gods, be mythic

On a summer day, a thunder will clap
user-kun, finish your app!

A bigger brothel in her city. City budget is thin as it is.

This, desu. I swore that shit off forever after just 5 minutes.

>app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/85043/bones-and-bed-shackles (ends in one week...if it is real) - lewd AP

Quick, someone seperate all the current apps into four-person parties that woudl work well together both stat-wise and thematically!

I actually like that about the way Dickgirls tend to be played.

>real boy
I wish PF had a nice warforged race. Androids are just too blade runner to be Pinocchio

In that case she just wishes that she had a +5 returning shocking spell-stealing adamantine starknife

any 3 banging the sharkgirl

>tfw the one time you played one as a joke you wrote it off as the character assuming NOBODY would want them and proceeding to just be a huge cunt to everyone
>tfw game died before even joking about characters banging eachother could happen

wouldn't do it again, but I'm pretty sure those chucklefucks are cursed to forever be wasted potential

I only even applied to breed Rekina

You can't just ask us to do that with nothing to start with, user. You gotta make the first suggestion for at least one party.

Same here, I've never had the chance to play a Warforged but I think they seem cool and Androids just aren't quite the same.

All of the octopi-people together.

Any word on Psionics and Path of War for Starfinder? Is DSP working on official archetypes and classes? Has anyone done homebrew hotfixes?

Has he considered proving himself by doing some worthy deed? That usually gets bitches going.

Well, in my mind, I'm thinking... Rekina, Taera, Anne annnnd Fat Barry!

Probably never, you can't really do Psionics in Starfinder and keep it Psionics since all magic is now the same and comes from the same place.

Not since Basic Set D&D.
They had "NPC Party" as random encounter in some modules.

Hilarious but unlikely.

Oh, undoubtedly unlikey, but the hilarity woudl be great, especially interactions between Rekina and Fat Barry and Taera trying to get everyone to marry her husbando.

What about PoW?

I want to play an inquisitor but I don't really know what to do? never played the class and I dunno how to roleplay it, recommend me a God/domain/inquisitio/weapon

Rory please go.

>weapon

You definitely want either a two-hander or a bow.

>all this hate on dickgirls
>feel bad my current app is a dickgirl

Is she a person and not a roiling ball of anger issues? If so then you're good.

Which app?

You should feel bad, you shit.

I like them user, who is she

Inquisitors are more or less the clandestine aspect of a religious organization. The conversion inquisition is what you should go with and every deity has it.

This is also important when building an inquisitor. If you're playing in Golarion, Gorum is a great option for a 2h inquisitor.

To be able to conceive.

What worthy deed do you suggest?
Keep in mind spells and initiating are not going to be on the table.

The first quest of Ensoulment was more or less about this concept, though the party beat and rationally diplomanced their way through it impressively quickly. They fought a silver-scaled kobold hero called Silver Kyder. The rounds before he appeared were filled with occasional cheers of "YIP! YIP!! YIP!!!" which continued throughout the fight with him, and at one point he even used a custom maneuver to heal based off the number cheering for him. He was a kobold, but he was brave, powerful, a hero to The Dripping Maw kobolds (plus the dozen clans he'd subjugated under them), and even stood by his word after the party wrote up a treaty with him, which he easily could have betrayed. All around one of the most well received evil warlords I've seen a party encounter.

I don't know hwat exactly you're looking for, but my advice on Mystic Theurge: don't play one.

no, I want my comfy village

I got early entry, so I'm going to be a wizard down feats with cleric or oracle spells to back me up.

I'll say once the picks are announced. Promise.

I forgot to reply to you. Yes she is. There's very little anger issues to be had with her. Just regret.

You're doomed, son

Ok, I'm making a envoy right now for a starfinder playtest and. . .

Has anyone figured out anything for this class to do in combat yet? Because right now it looks like their primary class feature is "spend an action to give a single enemy a minor debuff for 1 round" which is. . . awful.

envoys are shit at everything, play operative instead.

myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=406051

Unless this guy is faking the name, that's a DSP dev outright stating they're doing SOMETHING. Hoping it's psionics, to be honest, because being an elan Ghost Operative would be my jam. Or a Forgeborn Armor Storm Soldier.

but "teamplay" you only exist for that or (what people really think that is ok ) to make snapshot work with a sniper rifle

>unlikely
Why? What about these apps wouldnt get them selected? Also, what would Anne be bringing to the table?

Somebody explain how the occultist gains new spells. Do I get one new spell to each spell level every time I get a new implement school? It's so poorly written.

Well, Rekina's one-dimensional, Fat Barry isn't lewd enough, Taera's an IDrive app and Anne's a vampire in a campaign that has a lot of open-air/wilderness stuff in it, I imagine.

As far as what Anne would bring to that group: she, like Rekina and Taera, is broken/used goods tier moe, and I wa sgoing for a theme there of that plus Fat Barry, because who doesn't love Fat Barry?

> because being an elan Ghost Operative would be my jam. Or a Forgeborn Armor Storm Soldier.
None of that has anything to do with Psionics as a system though. Like there's nothing stopping you from taking an elf or something and saying it's an Elan and Forgeborn are just humans with some cyber limbs.

I like Rekina, she seems fun. Also, she's one of the few apps who's actually using setting lore from the region.

check it

giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?528186-Dreamscarred-Press-New-playtest-the-Rajah-an-akashic-initiator!&p=22289672#post22289672

I keep rereading the whole class entry expecting to see SOMETHING I can do as an envoy. But. . . there's just nothing. How is it possible to make a class this useless? Feels bad, love the class concept.

>and Anne's a vampire in a campaign that has a lot of open-air/wilderness stuff in it,
I have a solution for sunlight, though.
As soon as I recover my gear (which should be within book 1), I'll be immune to sunlight.

did leakanon ever drop the first dead suns book?

That's asinine. You're worse than the people who say "just wait a few more levels, then my build will start working"

It's actually sane.
Book 1 is about misery and doesn't have outdoors combat until after gear is recovery.
All while my sunlight vulnerability is just a fat stack of penalties, not instant death - I can survive it, but will just be miserable in the process.
All in all, it's not a problem in this AP for me.

docs.google.com/document/d/10MzQQumu0nksyGWKwmlVZFteXGUICeULHzehQKZWR8c/edit

Legendary Gunslinger now has a BUNCH of archetypes! What's the consensus on them, /pfg/?

The Elan thing is due to the resistance/repletion/resilience abilities. GM loves dropping spies into ambushes, those will help me get out.

Forgeborn, you have a point. Fluff is better than Androids, in my opinion, but that's simple.

>Fat Barry isn't lewd enough
i think having a character who is actively resisting the lewd while still being a part of it makes things even more lewd.

>Also, what would Anne be bringing to the table?
Bloodplay is a gift.

But I want to play a Mechanic instead! I'm reading the CRB right now, the Envoy feels underwhelming to me and I haven't even seen the other classes to compare it to. To be fair, I didn't read through all of the expertise talents but I doubt any of them a great enough to salvage the class.

I figured the Envoy was Starfinder's look-alike to the Rogue, and then realized it doesn't have anything like sneak attack.

That would be the Operative.

Envoy is a really (REALLY) pale attempt at Bard. It didn't really work out from what I'm seeing.

Why are they unable? Is this vampire-user?

I once played a PC with vulnerability to cold in Reign of Winter.

The Operative is the class everyone says is the most OP, right? Interesting that it would be the Starfinder version of Rogue that's the most OP.

Yeah, I got a bit of Bard vibe from it too, what with its focus on skills and being charismatic, but it doesn't quite fit that mold. Maybe I'm just saying that because it doesn't have something that feels like Bardic performance? That would be a little out of place for the tone of this game though, I think.

What's wrong with barbarians?

Am I the only one that finds it a bit odd that, as you look through character art, realize the Medieval women seem to usually have massive tits while the sci-fi ones got these small-chested, almost svelte figures?

Like shouldn't it be the other way around? Cup sizes have only been getting larger in the modern age, and a hearty handful in fantasy 1500s seems like it should be shockingly rare.

Yeah you can also hide behind a chest high wall and point at your team mates to temporarily dispel status effects. I guess you could throw grenades too.

When I read "non-magic class who is good at social" and then now see the results I'm blown away that there's literally anything at all they can contribute to combat. I was expecting them to just hide and complain.

Rage class feature =/= anger issues.
Rage is something you control and bring out when you need it. Anger issues lead to spousal abuse and a very unhappy relationship.

No birth control run off in the water supply in an advanced space station's filtration systems I guess. Diet probably very different too, not really seeing any fat on anyone.

It's probably because Medieval woman are considered "closer to nature" or more primitive than sci-fi women, just on account of the genre. It's like how full figures for women and large genitals for men were considered an indication of being less civilized in older times.

The Investigator manages to contribute to combat, doesn't it? Admittedly, I've never played one, but I've heard other people vouch that it's alright.

>Charlotte Cladberry
>Aillee Nawari
>Luculeia Valso
>Evelin Racanu
I probably thought about this way to much. I feel these four girls would mesh well. They're the king of honest and energetic, if not a little naive, young women you'd like to root for and see succeed. Or get brutally raped and broken. Both good outcomes for this adventure.

Yeah, investigators alright, though it really needs a dip in Swashbuckler.

Noble Fencer 1/Investigator X is pretty much required if you want to be competent in combat from an early level.

Well that fucking sucks, I like large tits and Starfinder's going to be a real famine for them.

Says who?

Realistically it's probably cuz it's a setting of skintight suits and they don't want to take the heat/not comfortable with sexy bodies on full display.

Any worthy deeds still on the table?
Slaying a dragon, or a giant, perhaps?

Am I sci-fi enough?