>How to Moldlines
youtube.com/watch?v=A4LZ8iCSkeU

>Fuckin Magnets how do they work?
youtube.com/watch?v=w8Tkw7ttTIo
miniwargaming.com/magnet-guide
bolterandchainsword.com/topic/297605-tutorial-magnetisation/

>List of mini manufacturers for converting and proxy
pastebin.com/p6bVhGsg

>Stripping Paint (yes, the ellipses are part of the URL!)
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Dakka_Modeling_FAQ:_How_to_Strip...

>Priming With Acrylic Gesso
dakkadakka.com/wiki/en/Priming_With_Acrylic_Gesso

>Green Stuff Casting
fromthewarp.blogspot.com/2011/11/molding-and-casting-shoulderpads.html
masteroftheforge.com/2012/05/21/rubber-molds-green-stuff/
masteroftheforge.com/2012/07/17/green-stuff-cast-shoulder-pad/

>On the consequences of insufficient ventilation
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chronic_solvent-induced_encephalopathy
hse.gov.uk/pubns/indg273.pdf

>This planet is ours, witch!
youtube.com/watch?v=7_b-qBTul44

>Previous Thread(s):

My pot of "White Scar" is chunky no matter how much I mix it or thin the paint reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Finally started working on Robin. I think he's the smallest model I've ever attempted (I've painted stuff like nurglings, etc. before, but nothing with this amount of detail).

So far he's been pretty fun to paint.

And a family pic with daddy.

These look so cool. :D
As for the white it might look "chunky" because of the old sculpt. rather than the paint itself.

Also for the future, when painting white you might want to use a mix of bright grey AND white on the flat surfaces, and only use pure white on the edges/most raised areas/etc. That might help with your problem.

Citadel paints are great but their white and black is notoriously shit. Stick to Vallejo for those

I painted my minis yesterday, but today I'm seeing spots where the paint went missing and I can see the primer underneath. Am I missing something? I used Italeri paints.

Italeri paints are just shit, unless you stuck a varnish over it it'll flake off.

Ah okay. Any recommendation on a varnish? Don't wanna get shit one like I did with paints.

Depends on what country you are in but atleast in the UK I swear by Humbrols Matte Varnish spray can

>mfw when I see Guilliman walking around, and realize I'm not having a fever dream

Thanks senpai

That colour was supposed to be off-white but I didn't use enough gray. Gonna apply a darker layer above it, it's already chunky af so another thin layer won't hurt.

>Batanon returns
Nice work as always man, can't wait to see him finished.

Despite Robin's inhuman amount of abs in such a small space, your painting is as superb as ever.

Those are some clean as fuck models. I like your scrupulous attention to detail when highlighting the chest pieces.

Thank you for the help. A local model store sells Humbrol Matt Clear Varnish liquid form.

The liquid varnish can be a little finicky, try and get it in a spray can if possible. Any matte varnish spray can meant for plastics (so anything from automotive shops) is also fine.

Failing that Games Workshops is pretty good if a little pricey

When you nut but she still suckin

Model updated with better off-white colour on the shotgun. I aint touchin the helmet because this is just a pilot model for future visual reference and the white paint from GW is like mud.

What colour do you think I should do the pump on the shotgun? Same colour as the barrel?

Gotta say I preferred a darker colour on the shotty, but these are bootiful.

Whipping up an arco flagellant cause why not. Still needs some more bits and such but the main bulk is done.

>Whipping up
Ayyy

Completed my Library Club Sternguard squad
Need to drill the barrels and reglue that piece of chain but pretty chummed about how it came out

How do they look? Excuse the phoneposting

ya'll got anymore bloom

Yeah, they came out good. Might want to give that guys sword the old boiling water treatment though.

Such is the fate of the phoneposter

Wip my snowflake deathwatch where everyone is an imperial fist

Repulsor for my Primaris Blood Angels. Need a better lighting solution.

Beautiful so far

Not sure I'm mad on the purple. What colour you planning for the cape?

Are Deathwatch any good in 8th?

Yea, good shout.

The inside of the cape is going to be cream white. I picked purple for capes and aprons because it simply looks good with gold. It's just the basecoat so far.

Idk I just played one game and they were extremely solid. The Watch Masters are badass HQ choices even if you can't change their equipment, the corvus is nice, frag cannons are OP as fuck and infernus heavy bolters are a solid choice. It's an overall fun army, I had a blast list building them because there's just so much you can do with Kill Teams
Also they can use anything from forgeworld to fill in the lack of tanks, flyers and dreadnoughts

>tfw ran out of primer.
what do now Veeky Forums? I got so many models to paint and everywhere is closed now.

Get your biggest paintbrush and pick a dark grey paint you have and get painting.

Added some newly kitbashed and painted models to the ScAvengas. Four more to go. Everyone keeps bugging me to make a Blak Widda with a grot in a skintight suit and a wig with two grenades tucked down the front of his shirt. Gonna give it a shot next, but I'm not too good with complex greenstuff sculpts so we'll see how that works out.

I fucking love the Iron Man

>that hulk
I'm in love.

Could just use some spare IG grenades if you have any lying around. Also, that shits fantastic

10/10 Job there user, keep up the good work.

>Spida-git

Does Iron Git really need a hammer?

>one arrow is shovel

A couple weeks into painting. I've got a shitload of reaper bones I'm practicing on while I wait for my deathwatch starter to show up.

How am I looking?

Do people usually rage if you don't paint pupils?? I kinda prefer the 'godmode' vibe.

Looking good, love the woodwork on the barrel. At 28mm I very rarely paint pupils and no one has ever noticed I think

This is amazing.

Looks pretty rad. Really clean despite the dirty vibe. I can't tell if it's just because of the picture but I kind of wish there was more contrast.

Iron Mek. That way I can use him as a Mekboy or a grot oiler as well

Has anyone tried moving the Storm Eagle's Vengeance Launcher and Typhoon Missile Launcher under the wings? I'm not a fan of the nose and top mounted missile batteries and been looking at having the missiles carried under the wings/engines. Just don't know how to do it in a way that doesn't look like shit.

My first attempt at white highlights. Let me know what you think, this is a test model, so my next one will be painted with non-GW paints that don't have the consistency of mud.

What bits did you use to make that man?

I think it's a Necromunda Enforcer body and a Necromunda Enforcer shotgun.

No bits, it's a necromunda Adeptus Arbites fanatic model from the 90's.

Here's my army atm, every once in a while I snag a few of them for a good deal on eBay.

>whipping yourself with a tank on your back
nani?

Some Inquisitorial Stormtroopers for my Witch Hunters. Also the basing scheme I plan on using although I'm not 100% happy with it just yet.

Really clean looking models overall. The only thing that stands out right away is the highlight on the center guy's chestpiece. The one on the left is bright and smooth while the one on the right is thin and inconsistent.

Otherwise really solid looking models, I like the dark blue with red pants scheme too.

tfw people keep buying my recasts.

That's pretty gud

hahaha considering what I paid for these little faggots I'd hang myself if they ended up being recasts

Mostly finished the shotgun, still struggling to choose a colour on the pump.

Very nice. What colours did you use on the gun?

The metal part is an undercoat of eshin grey, with leadbelcher on top then a wash of nulnk oil. The white parts are a base coat of a 1:2 mixture of white scar with dawnstone, followed by white scar highlights. The emblem is a base coat of dryad bark with retributor armour followed by a wash of seraphim sepia.

Hey /wip/ are there any commercially available wet palettes that are better than ones you can make yourself? Especially for someone who's never made one.
Pic not related.

Trying to remove moldlines from CSM horns is killing me

>cleaning the mouldlines off a plasma gun's coils

fukken saved

Dude it literally takes like 2 seconds a paper towel and some parchment paper. Just try it out before you buy one.

More BA Primaris stuff. White is awful to paint.

Looks good.

What did u prime with?

Black. Rakarth Flesh over that gives a good base.

Painting noob here. I see you guys go on about thinning paints a lot. Should I just use water for that? And how much?

Seems a little disrespectful to stand on your dead bro's chest like that. Nice job btw.

Well that nigga dead now, all he good for now is Geneseed and salvaged power armor parts.

>Painting white over black
wew lad

seriously though, it's a lot easier to just use a white primer, or use a grey primer. don't make it harder than it has to be friend

Water is fine. Depends on what paints you're using but enough for it go on smooth without pooling (probably thinned too much) but without stroke marks/blobby (not thinned enough).

When in doubt though it's hard to thin too much, it just takes longer because you need more layers.

>Should I just use water for that? And how much?
The general rule of thumb is a milky consistency. There's no hard ratio anyone can give you because some paints are more viscous than others.

I just bought some gray primer for my own stuff. I'm a little confused why everyone flocks blindly to priming with black - I get that it adds shade/hides mistakes better than white... But i feel like it's cons outweigh it's pros a lot of the time.

>Painting noob here. I see you guys go on about thinning paints a lot. Should I just use water for that? And how much?

Water is fine for most applications, but you might do well to pick up some thinning medium (I use Reaper's "Flow Improver") if you need the paint to stay liquid longer for fine details.

>Seems a little disrespectful to stand on your dead bro's chest like that.

It gives you more leverage in case the "grabba" end of the Reductor gets stuck in the dead marine's enhanced rib cage (c.f. "Ossmodula") while you are extracting the progenoid glands.

While were on the topic of painting white, came across this

>Prime white, two thin coats of ulthuan grey. Then apply a 50/50 mix of lahmian medium and nuln oil to the whole model. Re-layer ulthuan and then highlight with white scar.

outcome is pic related (not actually my model or painting)

I like the grey hint to it, but what do you think would be needed to make it a bit whiter?

What are the other main ways to paint white?

This is what I used.

Well, in my experience, white primer tends to be shittier than black primer, i.e. it sprays thicker and does weird shit that black primer doesn't do. So for me, black primer is better than white, but grey is the best choice regardless.

Is it blasphemy if I use brush on primer??? I've been thinking of getting an airbrush setup for priming and larger models...

I can't use rattle cans (easily) in my area.

What color do you prime with?

Nope, Vallejo has primer that works with brushes, and Gesso works well too. It's more tedious than spray-priming, but you can do it all year round.

I've been using Vallejos black brush on primer, but it doesn't jive too well with metal minis (infinity). Hoping the gesso I ordered works better.

Ministorum Priest with an inferno pistol. I don't think the pistol will be worth the points but I really wanted to kitbash one.

Yea you're right about that highlight. When you say dark blue do you mean the armour cos that's actually black.

>When you say dark blue do you mean the armour cos that's actually black.

huh, well I guess the flash from the camera makes it look dark blue to me. Black still works though, any dark colour goes well with your choice of pants.

How does such a horrible idea work so well?

Finished painting my Dangle Sergeant. Named him Sergeant Bushy Brows

Marry me user

Add some sepia wash to the gold, then go back in and highlight some parts with a touch of the unwashed color to enhance it a bit.

Yeah, I was just thinking that the gold didn't have enough depth. I'm probably going to go back and wash it again and highlight.
Also, Auric Armor Gold can kiss my ass

>Auric Armor Gold

Yeah the one time I tried that (borrowed paint) it seemed like a clear gloss coat-- was it a bad pot, did I not shake it enough, or is that just typical?

That's pretty typical, I usually shake it very well because I shudder to think what it's like if I don't. Medium helps, but even then it barely coats it and it runs like a bitch.

Yeowch, I know what I'm *not* buying when I get to gold paint on my list. Are Liberator and Gehenna better behaved?

I've never used either of those before but I've heard that Liberator gold is good.

opposite problem for me. Just opened it up and it looks just like a liquid.