EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Best Girl" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
Done with ooh shiny spoilers, what's your oldest piece of "secret" tech?

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/UE9Vqzu
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-stax-wip/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

You're the one shitting up the general.

t. ABUR dual lands owner

>what's your oldest piece of "secret" tech?

>that legendary
Oh, god. What a cardfu. Now I want to make a Green Incarnate deck. with that shitty bear infinite combo

>Thread Question
Raging Rivers in my Grenzo, Havoc Raiser deck

Ghave Deck. Meren Hates this, and if I get a Butcher of Malakir and a Sacc outlet you can bet your ass I'm gonna clear your field and your graves.

Best grill
>why have a tasty piece of meat when you can have the whole bbq

Looks a little past its expiration, user

That's about the best you could expect from Grixis.

Trigger warning.

>oldest tec
I think it's this
Combo decks are fun

>that disgusting neck
sadly in real life fat chicks don't only get fat on titts and ass
it's on neck
arms
it's nasty as fuck
she's disgusting

Ah yes, that card that nobody on this board can read, from a set that three people here remember.

>not foil
>not full art
>not worth the cardboard they are printed on
Do you even edh?

ABUR duals SHOULD be banned out, but won't because EDH sells duals.

t. cEDH player and dual owner that opens fetch -> Underground Sea every game

>proxies
dELET ThSI

>this triggers the millennials

>If I can't have it it should be banned

Haha, OP, you seemed to have forgotten the Discord info. Here it is:

Veeky Forums EDH General Discord
discord.gg/UE9Vqzu

Don't beat yourself up about it though. Just try to be less forgetful next time.

>Samut has a weird face
>collective shit lost
>this monstrosity gets printed
>waifags all over her
It makes no sense.

Not that guy, but it took 2 seconds to find from searching the mana cost within the set.

Don't hate us cause you ain't us.

Samut is a nigger, people would rather waifu a ham sammich wizard

>original printing
>white border

Why did they do this?

Gimmie some spice boys

The difference might be that Kess isn't meant to be an appealing character and the face of a block.

>not knowing portals: three kingdoms
You are literally gay.

Will the decks come with counters or am I gonna have to use this special cage counter for Mairsil?

considering the amount of ugly fat dudes in MTG art, it's only fair that we get a few chicks as well

Samut could look good, but her face is in a constant grimace

How do I win with a spellslinger, creatureless deck with Mizzix, Melek, Kess, Dralnu?

They haven't printed special counters since Poison. Even Experience and Energy just got designators for putting a die on.

>P3K
I'm making a little cage to toss the cards in.

>Because EDH sells duals
Wizards isn't making any money off of second market sellers listing ABUR dual lands.

But if they reprinted them say in a commander product they would make millions but reasons

Wizards isn't the one running the EDH banlist.

Not really secret, but fun.

Used it with Archfiend of Ifnir to good effect.

If they printed them in a Commander product they'd be breaking the official reprint policy.

I like Samut's face. She's angry and screaming, but that isn't a dealbreaker for me.

>Reprint them in a commander product
>Only succeed in selling all the product, which they have always done anyway.
>Amount of money made does not change
>Lose class action lawsuit against "investors"
>Lose millions of dollars and trust in the game

Really makes you think

>actually believing this

You'd never see those commander decks on store shelves and places like StarCity wouldn't sell them and the argument of "WELL JUST REPRINT THEM TO HELL AND BACK" isn't valid either because then they'd shelf warm and than retail stores wouldn't accept future Commander product killing Commander product.

You want the duals because you "can't" have them. The moment they'd be available to people they'd realize they're not that big a deal outside of Vintage/Legacy which most babbies would never play because Vintage/Legacy matches last like 4 turns tops.

Not much that works mechanically, but theme cards of "fuck that guy" work like curses and bitter feud.

I'm trying to find a place to make me custom counters for Mathas, actually.

Buy a cheap 3D Printer.

dont listen to that user

Or I could just find a nearby metal shop with a cnc machine.

And lose tens of millions. Another brilliant business decision.

Suing someone because the alleged value of a piece of cardboard changed would end up with you being arrested for contempt of court.

You can do all sorts of fun stuff with a 3D Printer though.

>>Lose class action lawsuit against "investors"

Explain

Poorly worded but this. There is no win/win scenario with reprinting P9 and original duals like people think there is.

Rudy explained it best in a recent video. I don't like the guy but he said it best. If they reprint the cards StarCity/CardKingdom/TCG/etc will sit on their stock instead of sell them making consumers mad and if Wizards oversaturates the market they'd make Walmart/Target/etc mad and they can't reprint them in standard because they're too powerful for standard.

Really y'all should be crying for reprints of things like Demonic Tutor and Zendikar fetch lands not shit that's not gonna happen.

It really is just a case of wanting it because you "cant" have it.

Yet wizards still does not break the reserve list out of fear of possible legal repercussions.

I think you don't know shit about the law. If you are so certain then you should email Hasbro your resume and offer to join their legal team. If your so smart I'm sure you won't be turned down :^)

Alright boys, I'm looking for some advice on a stax deck I'm putting together. I'm trying to stick with a creatureless theme.
tappedout.net/mtg-decks/oloro-stax-wip/
Thanks in advance.

You'd have to do some bullshit like pull off the Hinder/Tunnel Vision combo on everyone

Market manipulation is a crime. Try telling the SEC how it's all just cardboard anyways.

I don't think you quite get the legal system.
Do you think companies get laughed out of courts over copyright disputes on video game titles because "lmao nerdshit who cares?".

Some of the first art of her is straight up uncanny valley. Kierran cannot draw grimacing or screaming faces well.

>Done with ooh shiny spoilers, what's your oldest piece of "secret" tech?

Telepathy.

I don't care what anyone says, that shit is amazing when playing against randoms.

>It really is just a case of wanting it because you "cant" have it.
I was playing a janky WB cleric tribal deck the other day, and when someone played one of the duals I jokingly commented on how that card is worth more than my entire deck. He looks at me confused and goes "Well, why don't you just buy one then?"
My response of "Are you offering to buy me one, then?" was not met very well.

>be hasbro
>discontinue magic
>create magic 2.0
>exactly same game but not compatible with magic 1.0
>people wil still play because "muh nostalga"
>redheaded neckbeard reeeees are heard from mars
>kim jong un nukes the west coast
>trump doesnt retaliate because it only killed liberals
>nothing of value was lost

sphinx-bone wand

In some cases, yes.

What is this post actually supposed to be, user?

>If they printed them in a Commander product they'd be breaking the official reprint policy.

Reprint policy is not a binding contract, it's an informal promise. They can break it whenever they fucking want. Proof? THEY HAVE DONE IT BEFORE. Cards have been removed from the reserved list in the past, most notably Demonic Tutor, and the only excuse they offered was "overwhelming public support" (=online poll).

If they said they're going to abolish the reserved list at the end of the year, there would be no grounds to sue them on. All they have to do is point to the fact that the list has already been altered in the past and nobody whined back then.

>Thread Question
Dauthi Embrace. It's not that old but I've played against like 3 people that know what Shadow is, and in a deck that's packed to the gills with "when [creature] does combat damage to a player" triggers, it's a hell of an enabler.

Few questions regarding the legend rule:

If you make a copy of a legendary permanent you control that has an ETB effect, you still get the ETB trigger before the legend rule makes you move it to the GY, right?
And the act of moving it to the GY counts as 'dying', so you would get 'when it dies' effects, but is not destruction, and doesn't count as a 'sacrifice'
Lastly, the state based action of moving the legendary to the GY occurs when priority passes, correct?

Yes to the first part. It's how I get all my Voltron pieces in Godo by using Blade of Selves

Dunno about the rest

>If you make a copy of a legendary permanent you control that has an ETB effect, you still get the ETB trigger before the legend rule makes you move it to the GY, right?
Yes and no. The creature will be put into the graveyard as a state-based action, then the triggered ability will be put onto the stack.

>And the act of moving it to the GY counts as 'dying', so you would get 'when it dies' effects, but is not destruction, and doesn't count as a 'sacrifice'
Correct.

>Lastly, the state based action of moving the legendary to the GY occurs when priority passes, correct?
It occurs when state-based actions are checked after the resolution of the spell or effect that put the creature onto the battlefield.

What are the best card sleeves? (asking for both inner and outer)

>mfw my stupid joke shitted up the entire thread and will continue to shit it up till the next one

Also sol ring is bad, it only produces colorless mana and peolpe dont play colorless decks, a mana rock that costs 2 and taps for one mana of a color is far superior

Dragon shield mattes or eclipse sleeves

Hmmmm

Do you play your Tormod's Crypt or Nihil Spellbomb early and let it sit there as a threat or do you save it for when the GY player is looking to cash in? This is assuming blue is in your colours. I'm not sure if putting it down early can just let it get removed.

>i was just pretending to be retarded

KMC perfect fits for inner. Ultra Pro Eclipse or Dragon shield for outer.

KMC outer sleeves used to be the best but thet got bought out by a Chinese company so the quality went to shit.

An attempt to make everything great that fucking succeeded in every way, motherfucker

I let my opponent play their Tormod's Crypt and then make my play, hold priority, Krosan Grip.

>If you make a copy of a legendary permanent you control that has an ETB effect, you still get the ETB trigger before the legend rule makes you move it to the GY, right?

yes

>And the act of moving it to the GY counts as 'dying', so you would get 'when it dies' effects, but is not destruction, and doesn't count as a 'sacrifice'
correct
>Lastly, the state based action of moving the legendary to the GY occurs when priority passes, correct?
every time a spell is cast, an ability is activated, or a spell or ability on the stack resolves, state-based actions are checked which includes putting any triggers onto the stack, creatures with lethal damage are destroyed, creatures with 0 or less toughness die, planeswalkers with 0 loyalty die, auras attached illegally fall off, players with 0 or less life lose the game, and so on. THEN after all state-based actions are done, the active player gets priority

The important part of this is that, for instance, if you control Sharuum and Phyrexian Metamorph enters the battlefield under your control as a copy of it, you'll put one of them into the graveyard before Metamorph Sharuum's ability is put on the stack, meaning that will be a legal target for the ability. The Metamorph Sharuum could functionally revive itself, be killed by the legend rule, and revive itself again as many times as you want. Pair that with Disciple of the Vault and that's the heart of that combo.

>Cards have been removed from the reserved list in the past, most notably Demonic Tutor,

Nigger, stop. Demonic tutor wasn't a rare a was never on the reserve list.

If you want to talk shit, we can talk Mox diamond. There was so much shitflinging around that they closed the loophole that allowed them to reprint it in the first place

>that feel when you preordered 2 of the 2017 precons for way less than MSRP

Dragon Shield Mattes

KMC perfect fit or Dragon Shield inner

Enjoy your 2 $22 sol rings and 198 pieces of crap

Cats has a few actual value cards.

Like a grown man who wastes money to look like an idiot? Makes sense to me.

Mox Diamond wasn't the card that got the loophole closed, it was Phyrexian Negator. Had they continued exclusively doing Premium reprints of Reserved cards in premier collectible sets like FtV or in Judge foils, it probably would still be continuing to this day. What forced the issue was printing a Reserved card in a super widely available product, as the face card of a Duel Deck, as many people felt like that was a flagrant breach of the spirit of the policy.

I will user

I wont build those two right away, it just serves as building blocks for future brews

>It really is just a case of wanting it because you "cant" have it.

I can't speak for everybody but I'd imagine it's something more along the lines of wanting it because those cards are often extremely powerful..

Cats has Mirari's Wake.

So correct me if I'm wrong, cuz I want to have this right, what happens in that instance is:

1. When Phyrexian Metamorph resolves it enters the battlefield as a copy of Sharuum
2. after the resolution, state based actions are checked, seeing the two legendaries, you are forced to move one to the GY, so you move Phyrexian Metamorph
3. The ETB of the Sharuum copy triggers after state based actions are finished, which can then target Phyrexian Metamorph as it is already in the GY

Do I have that right?

>play Mairsil
>constantly looking to resolve a Demonic Consultation by T3
It was supposed to be jank, not the same boring combo.

>implying anyone with a penis preordered a cat tribal deck, he ordered wizards and dragons

the sharuum copy's trigger is put onto the stack as one of the state-based actions which occur simultaneously.

think of it like this: since the last time state-based actions were checked (for instance, while metamorph was on the stack), a creature with an etb ability entered the battlefield. the game checks that just like it checked that you had 2 sharuums and it does both

sharuum is in the gy when you get to choose targets for the copy's ability

>implying that anyone with any balls didn't order all 4 decks when they were $99

Yes, though if you are going to be running sharuum as a general, I would recommend moving sharuum to the graveyard and looping that instead. If you get hit by graveyard hate you can always apply the commander replacement effect to sharuum, but Metamorph will be gone

this will be fun in mairsil

ok, thanks

I'm not, I just wanted to use that as example for me to understand since he threw it out there

>the sharuum copy's trigger is put onto the stack as one of the state-based actions which occur simultaneously.

No, not quite. Abilities being put onto the stack are not state-based actions. They're put onto the stack the next time a player would receive priority when a game event or game state matches their trigger event.

The important distinction here is that state-based actions happen before a player would receive priority, and a triggered ability is put onto the stack when a player would receive priority. All SBAs will have been performed before a triggered ability would be put onto the stack, not quite "simultaneously".

Why?

oh okay for sure, but still before priority

so it goes

1-state based actions
2-triggers
3-priority

that makes sense cuz otherwise things that happened during state-based actions like stuff dying couldnt trigger if triggers happened simulttaneously