/twgg/ TowerGirls CYOA General

Currently working on a variety of projects

Perceptive Imp Edition

Discussion of the Towergirls CYOA, RPG, Setting, or Video Games welcome here!

Everyone is welcome.

FAQ:
pastebin.com/gaSHJEZF

Resources:
Imgur Album - imgur.com/a/9hzpx
Classic gens and fan charts - imgur.com/a/ieM5l
Tower Girls infinity Chan Board -8. ch.net /tw grl
Booru - tower-girls.booru.org/
Brushes, Fonts, and Templates mediafire.com/file/k83sgc5t5dfvv3s/Towergirls_Files.zip
Gats Wiki - wiki.smutosaur.us/towergirls/Main_Page

Spreadsheet Princess - docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12IcT_vwIHKAMz-ghvB3fgHTr7DkHvjrbu4Hzlw4XCIU/edit#gid=0

Games & Tabletop Rulebooks:
pastebin.com/uAYHS9KZ

Quests:
towergirlsquest.tumblr.com/ (Gats)
towergirlschivalryedition.tumblr.com/ (Eversor)

if you'd like access to the discord or have anything you wish to talk about privately involving towergirls, editing, etc, please contact Brumus here:

A) [email protected]
B) "Tired Knight" on Steam

Last Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/8VY6yNZCte8
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Also the booru has been updated again

I'm so cheerful that people are using the reaction images. Thank you Anons senpaii

No user, Thank you for making them

They're really great user

Gave Photoshoping a try again.

My vote is still on Eversor's being the final version so not really sure why I tried this but wanted to see how it would turn out.

Still not really feeling it.
I'd still like it if she got transferred to Station Girls.

Worst option. Even keeping her as is will be better than that.

Its already been decided and Eversor's art is finished now

This. Let's please end the symbiote stuff and move on.

I thought it was decided in that poll to change her, but not what to?

Well yeah but we have Eversor's final version now.

I'd rather her be moved to a completely different gen with relatively small changes than have her end up like

YEah but doesn't that have to be agreed upon?

youtu.be/8VY6yNZCte8
Couldn't straight up upload it.Have an edit

Fukin christ thats amazing

There was a voting process, and the votes seemed to fall in favor of what we have now. This has been discussed to death over the last several days, actually.

The original artist for Symbiote Princess made some variants that actually look good. They reflect her concept well without being a blatant reference.

The vote to choose her ultimate fate came and went, then there was one last stream last thread where her final design was made. At this point I dont give a fuck, she could be an amorphous ball of ooze for all I care, I want this shit to pass. The fact that some anons even wanted the vote to go on for a whole week is fucking retarded

Looks pretty blatant to me.

Yea, those are Extremely blatant. Like, more-so then the original kind of blatant.

>The fact that some anons even wanted the vote to go on for a whole week is fucking retarded

Not that user, But a week long vote was suggested because there was a week long vote regarding the replacement of lion princess with hood princess

The fact that people kept spamming "Change her! Change her! Change her!" is worse. What they really mean is "Get rid of her!". They just don't want her, but they can't justify removing her completely, and they're trying to force Eversor's blob mutant art in as a false compromise.

It's not. In fact, the only "reference" in it at all is that it actually looks like Symbiote Princess. In fact, it looks about as far from a reference as you can get while still holding onto the concept of Symbiote Princess.

>b-but user! Marvel didn't invent the concept of symbiotes!

Can't we all come to terms with the final and end this debate?We don't need another shitstorm on these threads

It might be better to be removed at this point. I think there's a problem where the people against it don't like how similar to Venom it is, but some of the radical changes which seperate it from Venom now no longer feel like the symbiote. It's a problem where people want it to be different than what it's exactly supposed to look like. If that's not what's wanted then it just has to be removed.

This is why moving her to Station Girls is the best option if you want Symbiote to look like a Symbiote.

It's a tad late for that. The problem should've ended with the last thread, but nope; the ride continues. Really wastes time that could be better spent getting more important stuff done.

I wish Gats would post more about his stuff. That'd be a nice distraction from Symbiote.

It's still a problem because such a large amount of people wanted it to stay the same, and on top of that, there's people who voted for the change but don't like what it could possibly be changed to

I really do not like Eversor's updated symbiote.
Isn't she supposed to have a slightly scary face? Making her have a tongue droop out with no teeth just makes her look dopey.

I can live with the eyes but at least give her some sort of menacing appearance that isn't just slightly narrowed eyes.

And again, what's with the random goop? She's not supposed to be drippy! She's not slimegirl II! Should be more floating Tendril style like what Phi edited.

In what possible way do any of those designs look more blatant that the original Venom design?

>End the debate
How?
The vote was incredibly split, and the option that one didn't solve anything. It just left more arguments open

Is goblin princess still a best?

She'd be best if she was a futanari and could magically knock up my boipussy

Always and forever

Pretty much everything bad about the design can be chalked up to the "Venom has it, so she can't" thought process. I swear, these guys are so hellbent on removing any and all even vague references to Venom or even just Marvel Symbiotes in general that they might as well make a new princess from scratch.

Wait a minute...

>shapeshifter
>armblades and pointy bits

I am 120% okay with this revision.

Well we can't do that because now it's a prototype rip off. We have to make it completely different to any reference.

To be fair, freaky bio-weapons generated by freaky symbiosis that's also capable of freaky transformations aren't exactly exclusive to a single franchise.

shes the best princess in Gen 1

Who besides Phi would even complain about Symbiote being moved to Station Girls? It's obvious the people who want to change her don't want her to even resemble what she originates from.

I would assume the creator and everyone else who voted for her to stay the same, including a bunch of people who want her to stay.

How much sleep are you willing to lose over one of dozens and dozens of characters for a cyoa game, on a Bhutanese violin-making ezine, being redesigned via voting?

No one took your favorite version from you. No one can stop you from photoshopping her off the chart and into StationGirls so that you can play the game as you see fit in your own private version. Just accept that it is what it is, modify your own personal copy if you really need to, and move on already. It's been several days now.

Not him, but couldn't this argument be used for the original symbiote princess in the first place? If you don't like her and think she's too much of a reference, just photoshop her off your own chart.

In that case, why complain about anything ever if we can just play with our own edited charts? Why even have this thread? Why make new charts if we can just crank out princesses and put them in our own made up ones?

There is a place for collaborative effort, discussion, brainstorming, and working as a group to iron out our ideas. However, for some people that keep picking at an issue long after it's been put to rest, you sometimes just need to tell youself "just roll with it and move on." As a group effort, we can't please 100% of the people 100% of the time.

If the autism is strong enough to not let it go, THEN resort to tweeking charts for personal, non-canon use if it will calm you down and stop bombarding the threads with the same complaints.

>long after it's been put to rest
A poll that's only been up for a day or two doesn't lay rest to shit.

user we have weaponized autism, it's strong to surpass metal gear

*it's strong enough to surpass metal gear

Oh boy is Symbiote again

I swear, this shit happens every time someone thinks to change a princess that didn't need changing because they had nothing better to do. Fans of the old design don't want it changed, fans of the new one suddenly like the princess because of the new design, thread long debates ensue. Then when all is said and done, people are practically begging for the losing design to be a II. It's almost as if creating redesigns cause fractures in the community.

Hello guys!

It was a blast as always streaming towergirls art last night, the feedback was lovely. In the end I came out with a design I felt quite proud about, now it will be implemented into the chart as intended when I first started this. It will be the end piece, no more at all.

We will now move onto other fun and amazing towergirl projects that we have lined up on the docket. See you till next time!

At this point, we may as well just file redesigns as alts. Some may not have grabbed her originally, but with the creation of new charts there's plenty of room for a V2. It's not like we're trying to sell Towergirls merch, so why worry about a lookalike?

This change has occured and will be implented on the main chart.

However as always, you can make your own personal choices as you see fit.

To all the anons saying that the new version is not Symbiote Princess, I am not really sure you have much foundation to stand on.

Original version does not have hair but both the redesign and the original artist's version have hair now.

Original Symbiote is dark purple, new Symbiote is light purple.

Original version has venom eyes, even in the original artist's redraw. New version, the eyes are not Symbiote but they give off same personality in my opinion. More serious looking now that they are not wide eyed.

Original version has fangs. New version keeps the long Symbiote tongue but due to mouth shape you can not really see teeth. Nothing saying she does not have fangs still.

Arms are not huge claws in new one but we have the arm blade as a weapon so still a fighter.

New one has a slime bikini where other was nude, but since slime bikini is made out of her Symbioteness she is still basically nude.

Hair has some drip but it is much better in this version since hair is short so not in slime girl range.

I mean, she is still very clearly a symbiote not a completely different species just because the design is updated. Symbiote veiny skin covering whole body still. Everything else mentioned above is just a small update comparatively, I mean if she was same color as previous it would be even more obvious how similar she still is.

Moving her to Stationgirls would fuck things up and it was beat both by keeping her as is and replacing her art. (Replacing art + Keeping as is) > Sending to station girls by a lot in the votes.

We have Art+Card+Army+Fusions. No reason to throw out the other 3/4ths just because a minority of anons do not like the update that the majority seems to like.

So let me get this:
If someone writes complete rules for an actual game to use with Towergirls, where you have everything to create the knight, explore the tower (and also more) and see if you are actually able to save something outside your ass, it get few answers, but changing a Princess Art gets all that attention which 90% is just arguments over and over again?

so... you want a larger portion of the fruitless cyclic arguments to be over your tabletop rules?

>there was a poll for whether or not to change a design
>no poll(I noticed) on what new design to use

Honestly probably what jiffs me the most

No, only to know how much effort put in the rules.

If people has low interest i can do else instead to polish them out

I guess the poll was "change the design or no" then they will simply used a new one from Eversor.

For what i understood, Eversor has done a final design and that will be what you get in the end

You are correct.

And thank you all again for your thoughts and opinions on the design, it is what helped make the final current design. You are all so passionate and delightful!

About the rules Vel,are they exclusive to the game your making or can they be used for a CYOA/Quest aswell?

The rules are meant to be used by everyone.
Since the charts have almost 0 rules except of just pretending, i gave you actual rules to do so.
So yes they can be used for whatever you want as long as you can roll dices and take notes of stats.

For example on the Discord i gathered 5/6 players and they managed to actually save 5 princesses from gen 1 so far. Even Eversor played once, even if he misunderstood a part who was lately added.

You can treat the rules as a simple tabletop game or you can also have RP with it. or else.

What's the strongest character Sir Knight could beat if he had access to any bonus from the charts?

Symbiote creator here, and I'm really not happy about how this turned out.
I worked all day yesterday and don't open the thread until this morning where I see that the final design has suddenly just been decided on?

Why the hell was I not allowed to have any input? I'm punished just because I couldn't make it to a stream? I feel like multiple suggestions I made have continuously been ignored, none of which were asking too much, and Eversor never even once attempted to give her teeth. The tongue was one of the least important parts. Hell, you gave teeth to her army creature but not her!

I've been in the towergirl threads for a long long time, and to continuously be ignored for a change about something I originally created really fucking sucks, and has done more to turn me off towergirls entirely than anything else.

Sorry if I'm coming across as rude or whiny, but this was my favorite princess of the 3 that I created, and it was something I'm passionate about.

Please by all means, reach out to me via my tumblr, Eversorthewry.

Id love to talk more about this with you if you would like.

Thanks Vel,I say you're doing us a massive favor adding rules

Maybe, but if few people seems interested i will just stop working on it.

I work if there is people who actively give feedback or at least if there is a major consensus to have written rules to use.

which princess is the jotaro of Towergirls? we need a hero strong enough to be diophin

*beat

Lycan maybe?
>Strong Gang of Warriors
>Punk appearance
>Loyal

I drew a jotaro version of her actually, dont have it on me though

If all the princesses needs to be rescued, none of them is capable to put a decent fight (more or less).
so no one is.

not alone against a damn dragon, at least.

>N-Nani..?!
That's almost an overlaod of badassery,that's work "Made in Heaven" Ever

>sea warudo
I really hate this pun, and I don't know why.

oh reaction user, you are to good for this world

as for the big old princess in the room, im sorry but I cant kill anymore time over it, vote was made Sunday ran through Monday and Tuesday, where I was shaking folks down to vote directly to get a better feel the whole time for what they wanted

the redraw won, and I said we'd have one last stream which Eversor announced and we had quite a few folk there giving input as well

no one person has pull over their creations, Phi and Cheese fought for Gemini and now shes gone, the creators of cactus, whale, and mummy all got angry with their changes made by the threads but that didnt stop those either, photo made GM but even she got changes when the time came round to fix er up

If the community suddenly decided to change Goblin Id be so fuckin angry but Id still do it cause its the community, its where we differ when Gats left, its why you dont see me, ever, n the other namefags or what have you makin decisions on our own, cause if we were Id probably chaos dunk Holstaur into the trash so hard the floor would dent, but I wont cause that aint my place to choose

Im sorry but if this has to be the first time I put my foot down then yeah, foot down

>Holstaur
Please don't let this be the next meme argument, we've had that so many times already.

Different user here, but I just want to say this; I'm fine with gens 4, 5, and the expansions being edited, but Gens 1-3 should be left alone. Those shouldn't be brought up for change, since those were done by Gats. The ones made by the threads are fine to argue over, but just leave gens 1-3 alone. They're full of imperfections (especially that certain gen 2 thing that I won't mention for now), but those are iconic. As you said, there'd be one hell of an outcry if Goblin was changed; the same could be said about pretty much anything in gens 1-3, especially gen 1. The most important thing though is to just deal with things as they are unless they're absolutely god awful; don't fix what isn't broken. Gemini falls under that unfortunate situation because nobody could make her look good while keeping the art style.

Text changes are fine, but leave the designs alone now. I've got plenty of complaints about several princesses from every gen beyond 3, but I don't demand change; I just ignore the stuff I don't like. There's at least one per chart that I like, and that's plenty for me.

yeah we haven't changed any original gen designs only name for boy and faun

>faun
Wait what? I know Boy is now Farm, but what happened to Faun?

meant for

I think there's definitely a good amount of people who are interested. My only gripes were with things I assumed you hadn't finished yet.

She's Satyr now and Satyr got the name faun cause thats what they were the names were just backwards

>Id probably chaos dunk Holstaur into the trash so hard the floor would dent
I'm laughing quite hard

Faun ws Satyr and vice versa. they swapped the name even if technically are the same thing more or less. THE END

>if the community suddenly decided to Goblin
>Id still do it because it's the community
I dunno about anyone else but I don't think that's a good way to run the show. It kinda gives the impression that nothing we do here is ever finished if some schmuck can just come in with an idea, get a massive following and change something that's been the same on a chart that we've 'finished'. There's a reason we haven't taken to editing the first three gens and that's because we'd never stop. Some consistancy is a good thing to have, let's look into it.

Huh. I never really saw much of a difference between the two except for colors and curves. Why were they backwards? I know what fauns and satyrs are, but what really justified the name change? I don't intend to cause a stir over it, I'm just curious. Whichever one is the cute on in Gen 4 is the one I like more, regardless of name.

So far this ver has my favorite mouth/tongue

>Boy is now Farm
Well what becomes of the original Farm Princess?

The difference is that I offered suggestions that weren't attempted at all. Not once did Eversor even try to put teeth on any of the designs. They could be made of the same black spikes that he seems so intent on attaching to her.

And he kept making her drippy despite my suggestions for making her look more tendril-like.

I'm not saying she shouldn't be redesigned, the vote won fair and square, but before she was even redesigned by Eversor in the first place, all I asked was for 3 things.

>Her large white eyes
>Sharp teeth
>and her boob size

The boob size was eventually put back, so at least that's good.

I understand not wanting to put the big white eyes, seeing as that's what made her the most similar to her Spider-Man/Venom appearance in the first place, and to be fair, she still has pretty big white eyes, they're just normally shaped.
It's not something I'm happy about, but I can live with it.

But I really don't think there's any reason that the teeth should be ignored. It's an important part of her design to look more frightening, akin to a fearboner. Especially when he gave the army symbiote teeth.

And a stream seems like an even more limited way of making a decision. I can't make it to the stream because of a limited few hour window so too bad? How is that fair?

>all this arguing over Symbiote
I'm starting to honestly dislike her more and more due to all this incessant debating.

OG Faun was a drinking, party gal which is a mindset typical of saytr, whilst the fanmade Saytr was a quiet flute playing smol gal, typical of Fauns. Even Gats mentioned that yeah it was a bit of a name mixup, so we just had em switch names

I always forget that there's a Farm Princess in the works for expansion 5. I just used the name Gats gave to Boy for whatever he's working on.

I have to agree on the stream bit here. I'm always around when he does stream, but I find it dumb that decisions are made there. Nobody ever relays the discussions from the stream to the thread for later reading, so people who miss the streams are out of luck. The stream quality is also worse than Twitch somehow, what the fuck is wrong with Picarto?

That explains it, thanks. I kind of like the mixup a little now though; a drunkard faun and a shy satyr sound cute as shit.

Boy isn't farm now he's Field

Not sure how I mixed that up, thanks for correcting me there.

Same here user,I think we're all just about fed up with this junk

Oh good. I was worried for a sec.

Im telling you, it was only ever one guy screaming over his Venom waifu, just like Photo user with his GM waifu.

Is completed except for NpC Compendium who can still be used.

Picture of Brumus chaos dunking holstaur when?

SOON

What's wrong with Holstaur?

People don't like having a deviant fetish on a deviant fetish game. That's it, nothing more to it.