Warhammer Fantasy General /wfg/

Dominated by Best Elf Edition

Upcoming Content: Total War: Warhammer 2, WFRP 4e, unnamed hack'n'slash genre Warhammer vidya.

> Resources (Crunch, Lore and Warhammer Fantasy Role-play)
WFB: pastebin.com/8rnyAa1S
WFRP: pastebin.com/0e6RuQux
Novels: mega.nz/#F!9Lw1WIRZ!eKxkOlAQwuZO3_8pHOK-EQ

> We're looking for these novels for the archive
pastebin.com/TSQhemJR

> Alternative Warhammer Miniatures and Manufacturers
pastebin.com/CvGaNyrk
the-ninth-age.com/lexicon/index.php?lexicon/462-the-9th-age-miniature-library/
tabletop-miniatures-solutions.com/13-the-9th-age
Tomb Kings Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-undying-dynasties-army-release#/
Bretonnia Alternative: indiegogo.com/projects/tms-kingdom-of-equitaine-army-release

> The 9th Age
the-ninth-age.com

> Warhammer Wikis
warhammerfb.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Wiki (most complete)
whfb.lexicanum.com/wiki/Main_Page
warhammeronline.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_Online_Wiki

> Warhammer Video Games
Total War Warhammer: store.steampowered.com/app/364360/
Vermintide: store.steampowered.com/app/235540/
Mordheim City of the Damned: store.steampowered.com/app/276810/
Bloodbowl 2: store.steampowered.com/app/236690/
Man O' War: store.steampowered.com/app/344240/
Return of Reckoning: returnofreckoning.com/
Snotling Fling: itunes.apple.com/us/app/warhammer-snotling-fling/id901638145?mt=8

SFM or R34 when?

Other urls found in this thread:

dropbox.com/s/6rt5xw1o5m6utku/Averheim Electoral Crisis.docx
solegends.com/citrr/1rr07oreons/index.htm
solegends.com/citrr/1rr02origo/index.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

No Grail Knight fanfluff in this thread.

Thoughts on the new map?

Reminder that Bretonnia is the best greatest nation that The Lady ever gave this (warhammer) world

Remind that memtimes is false and that The Lady is not an e*f god

Reminder that Louen is hansyboy number#1 and that Beakie is a true friend of Men

Reminder that Bretonnian knights are actually kind and noble, not edgy meme reverse knights and that they are literally required to be so or The Lady will kill them and that their is literally no one in the world as noble and good-hearted as a grail knights and most knights of the realm

Remindet that classes are not inherently evil or wrong in any way

Reminder that the empire is full of false men who are greedy and naughty and they have lost the path of Sigmar

Reminder that Spain and Italy are meme nations with no lore and fake gods and they should be ignored instead of power creeped

Reminder that only betaboi cucks hate Bretonnia because they are the chads of the setting

Reminder Bretonnia has the largest and most aesthetic fleet in the old world

>bretonnian gods
>bretonnian society
>bretonnian cavalry
>bretonnian chivalry
>bretonnian infantry
>bretonnian artillery

based

Dude grail knights literally melt vampires even though blood knights beat the shit out of them every time and the lady is actually an elf goddess using bretonnia to be a farm for athel loren.

>Araby poster BTFO.
>Wood elves in Southlands
>Karak Zorn lives

Too bad Morathi doesn't start in Ghrond.

We all know who are the "????".Also,after the rats ,I hope they add the tomb kings

Brets are the strongest race.

Still wondering why TW WH doesn't have Pegasus Grail Knights. Are Royal Pegasus Knights supposed to be them? They've got the glowing lances.

Also i like how CA adds obscure 1st edition faction, really shows how they care about setting.

I like that wood elves now exist out of athel loren spreading comfy corruption and forest waifus throughout the lands.

>Land of the dead
>Strygos Empire
>Necrarch Brotherhood
Nigga what? Where are Tomb Kings? Where's my man Settra?
Also shouldn't Strygos Empire be, y'know destroyed, and it's ruins in the badlands?

Most of it looks good, but I really dislike how they've shifted the Southlands to be underneath Uthuan. Might be fun from a gameplay perspective, but we all know it's supposed to be south of Tilea and Estalia, with a larger connection to the rest of the world than that tiny spit of land. And why are the Knights of Origo their own faction?

Kind of annoying how they're shifting lore for the sake of gameplay. The Southlands could have been included as a last addition to the Old World, as a 'you can still see lizardmen if you want' sort of DLC. And I'd rather they changed Hung to Heng or Hong than Mung.

I thought the Strigois Empire was originally in the badlands? I don't know much Strig lore, a lot of that Vamp/Tomb Kangz fluff is from after my time.

>Necrach

Better not use generic Vampire Lords

>Brets are the strongest race.
>A phalanx can easily destroy their best units

wew lad

I made a really shitty meme.

all plans for later DLC.

gameplay comes before lore. you take a fat shit on the lore every time you press end turn after turn 0

>when the chad witch-king gets tricked to get into some fire to become a king

I'd still rather a stronger attempt to keep in line with the lore, especially since it was feasible - the Old World wasn't perfect, but there were no glaring flaws. And imagine how many new folks will get the wrong idea from this game's take on lore.

Is there any established lore on the current situation in Averland? With Marius Leitdorf dead, it says in Sigmar's Heirs that the Leitdorf familiy and the Alptraum family are currently duking it out with the intrigue in order for someone to become the new Elector-Count of Averland, but are there any named and/or described members of these families?

Would it make more sense to proxy Empire units with Landsknechts or Spanish Tercio?

I hope "Pirates of Sartosa" don't use retarded meme armies like the Pirates in Empire TW.

"themed" armies are fine but entire regiments of pirates is moronic. At least have marines or something.

>Ambivalent for dumb lizardmans
Meh
>Hate Skaven
Bleh
>Hate Elves
Fuck High Elves man
>Hate Really Elves
Fuck Dark Elves man

>Karak Zorn lives
Time to pre-order TWW2

>run away from Goblins

the map was always askew
>bretonnia and TEB tiny in comparison to the empire.
Having half the map be empty water would be very bad for gameplay.

I can't remember which book it is, but there's an Empire novel in which the Reiksmarshal is co-ordinating a battle against some spiky goblin warboss and has to deal with Leitdorf's nephew or something. He keeps wondering if the guy is secrely bonkers.

Stop using the word meme wrong.

So insanity runs in the family? Neat

In a BL novel Marius's son becomes electrocunt and averheim is turned into le epik slaanesh shrine.

>empire

That map looks wrong.

Why would it be? It takes a few extra turns to get anywhere, compared to how some of those areas look like they can be crossed in a turn? They don't have to be exactly like in the lore just on the same ratio, rather than Ulthuan being right next to Naggaroth, the Southlands, and Albion all at the same time.

Empire doesn't use morions its Tilean thing.

What's wrong with the game's take on lore? The lore only serves as a backdrop for location, races, and hero and unit selection. It's not particularly important if a few things slide around. It's like looking for continuity errors in the background of a film. The time line and shifting of land masses isn't a big deal so long as the setting serves its purpose as a back drop to fantasy armies clashing.

>the shifting of landmasses isn't a big deal

Well it isn't. So the southlands are a little further west than on some other maps. Are you going to boycott the game and tell everyone they shouldn't buy it because this fantasy map is slightly different than another one?

>slightly different map
Ulthuan is where the empire should be in that map.

>ladies with the best feet in the world
>chads as far as the eye can see

paradise

Boycotting and telling everyone not to buy it? Why would I do that?

I'm just mad that this is a change that they've made, a pretty major change, and they don't even give us the tools to fix it if we wanted to. This is something we have to accept even if we don't like it and know it's not in line with the lore. And the contrarian part of me is going to be frustrated to hear the praise that I know will be lavished on this map, and admittedly it gets most of the continents right even if they're in the wrong spots.

>filled with uglyass peasants

Elves have superior feet

Uhh c'mon its not like Karl Franz jumps 10 meters while spinning hammer in air.

Nigga, those bretoncucks can't even make decent plate armour

Take a look at this: dropbox.com/s/6rt5xw1o5m6utku/Averheim Electoral Crisis.docx

Quite a lot of it isn't canon, but it does incorporate all the details from the novels and sourcebooks, so it's probably the best we're going to get.

They have plate armor but with greathelms.

Speaking of Elector Cunts, what, canonically, happened to Talabheim's Helmut Feuerbach? Terror in Talebheim said that it was rumoured he was the victim of a coup but that never went anywhere afaik.

Did he just get listed as missing so people could make up a random Elector Count for their armies?

Tells about their technological level if best helmets they can make are glorified buckets
But I'm just jestin, they are alright.
Their horrible oppression of the peasants is non-canon, right?

all the lands seem strangely distorted

the good thing is that I don't care about that enough considering I understand the necessities for gameplay compromises and my biased love for old goofy maps

I'd have expected oregon to be in naggaroth

also HYPE for new world colonies and the sentinels of xeti getting some love

They probably did it so they wouldn't have to awkwardly cut off Lustria and the Southlands.

Holy shit, did CA just add a bunch of obscure 2 ed shit?

>And I'd rather they changed Hung to Heng or Hong than Mung.

The name of the Hung tribe to the North of Naggaroth is Mung iirc.

I have questions /wfg/.
Who are Kights of Origo, of The Flame(why do they own half of Araby?) and Thegans Crusaders?
Also, shouldn't Strygos Empire be in the badlands...and destroyed?

Well no, but he is unusually large compared to other Empire units. Well, every Lord is for some reason. I guess they only recruit tall guys. Or it's a gameplay thing to make the Lords stand out, but you can also get a mod to change their size. I don't use it, but hey,
the option is there.

Come on man, don't take the buckets away from Bretonnians. It's all they have to make themselves feel special.

Oreon was in Southlands.

bretonnian peasants are officially happier than other peasants in the empire or wherever

you think everyone is middle class in this fantasy hell scape?

people get eaten by literal demons and youre worried about the tax policy. if anything bretonnia takes the protection of its lands and people more seriously than the empire

>Who are Knights of Origo

Sir John Tyreweld and the Knights of Origo...haven't seen those in a long time.

>thinks demons mean you shouldn't worry about tax policy
The presence of demons makes having a well defined and reasonable tax code EVEN MORE IMPORTANT.
Or else how will you feed the people fighting the demons?

I still figure they could've included the Southlands as part of a seperate update, connected to the Old World or something. I mean, look at the Old World map - it had that empty land there that seemed to connect to the Southlands. Are they just going to edit that out now? Are they just squishing the map together so they can show off all the new stuff they're adding?

All I know about are the Knights of Origo is that they're a very old mercenary unit. Here's a link with their fluff.

I figured that the Strygos Empire was in the Badlands - there was that weird tower in the southern part, surrounded by swamp. I dunno what that's supposed to be now.

>Strygos empire

LORE ADVANCEMENT
O
R
E

A
D
V
A
N
CA
E
M
E
N
T

>brainwashed means happy.

I'm pretty sure that aside from the Knights of Origo, the Knights in Araby are actually just stand-in factions, until they can create Araby proper.

taxes are used for a purpose you dumb shit. it pays for the army keeping literal demons and monsters from killing everyone

i bet youre European. shit talking the military and the cost of it all while being protected by the us military. no shit your taxes dont all get dumped into the military, youre being protected by someone elses

Too bad Arnheim is occupied by Druchii.
>Eataine too
Tyrion you had one job.

The fuck are you talking about even. I just said a reasonable tax policy is important to keep soldiers fed, you illiterate /pol/ mongoloid.

They would have to make up Lords from scratch, Al Muktar is not even arabian but from Empire.

Well, considering they're just NPC factions...get an Arabyan sounding name that was probably in the lore somewhere, call it good. Hell, seeing what else CA is willing to do, just bring back Jaffar and hope Disney doesn't notice.

bretonnia does have a tax policy. why would you bring it up then?

I think the Bretonnians in Araby Lands are supposed to be Crusader States, after they conquered them. Kinda lazy, but really cool lore continuity.

>i bet youre a Marienburger. shit talking the military and the cost of it all while being protected by the High Elf military. no shit your taxes dont all get dumped into the military, youre being protected by someone elses

are spine of sotek dwarfs?
what the fuck are they doing there?

Because this guy
said it was dumb to worry about tax policy when demons are eating people.

To which I said, no, it's MORE IMPORTANT to worry about tax policy when demons are eating people.

You need a relatively advanced and adaptable tax policy to deal with things like "oh, half the guys in my village exploded into tits, so the harvest is a little light this year".

Considering all the lore says Bretonnia up and left after the fighting was over and the Empire were the ones to stick around...I don't know, at least they're included somehow I guess. And if you don't like it, you can sail around as Bordelaux.

Map in armybook mentioned Cave of bearded skulls, there is also was Magnificent Sven.

>high elves
>dark elves
>?????
>lizardmen

>wood elves
>humans
>brets
>orcs
>dwarfs
>undead
>norse
>beastmen

holy shit this map is full of stuff to kill

It looks kind of weird, too evenly spaced or something. It reminds me of a Four Corners map from Civ.

I like the variety of factions and races though, it looks like it'll avoid some of the "you only fight one or two races for the whole game" thing from TWW1.

Is there any word on actual naval battles yet or will it still be autoresolve only?

>Is there any word on actual naval battles yet or will it still be autoresolve only?
they would have announced it if it wasn't autoresolve

>Al Muktar
>El Cid

At last I truly see.

That's lame. I was never a huge fan of naval battles anyway but it doesn't really make sense to have your map be like 40% water and not use that.

I seem to remember there was something to do with the man'o war licence being separate from the warhammer fantasy one or that other warhammer naval game in the making, corsair.

but I think it's mostly bullshit and they didn't want to move resources for it.
I bet they would be willingly to sell it as DLC at the end of it.

Combined map for game 1 and 2. Some one photoshoped the two together.

>they don't even give us the tools to fix it if we wanted to
That's been my biggest issue with TWW so far. I just realized how limiting CA is being with mods in the last thread and it's a huge bummer, I have huge gripes about the animations and I was dying for a mod to tone down on how extravagant a lot of the fighting animations looked and desynch all of the undead units' movements. Mods were the only thing that made Rome 2 playable for the first two years after release and even though TWW is a vastly superior game there are still some nit picks I have that could have easily been fixed with proper mod support.

So?
Also have Jaffar. If Azhag is back then death is of little consequence.

Much better.

Is Jaffar as a name common domain? I'd like to say if it is, Disney had no case, but then again, they are the reason why copyright keeps getting extended.

To be fair, Warhammer at least has some naval variety (submarines, floating castles, sea monsters, ghost ships, giant orc-powered drills) and some crossover with the regular units (gyrocopters, dragons, dark elf corsairs).

But I suppose at that point, it's a whole new game.

Still looks a bit off because now Nagashizzar seems too far away.

I'd be pretty okay with that.

That's not bad but the border between the badlands and nehekhara is fucked.

They're not going to be able to just stitch the maps together, there will have to be some shimmying about.

First two are Mors and Pestilens. Clans following need to be in alphabetical order and fit the number of characters per.

> Mors (vying for K8P)
> Flem (Southlands?)
> Gnaw (Badlands)
> Klaw (Island of Blood)
> Krik (???)
> Skab (Nuln)

> Eshin (right behind you)
> Famin (???)
> Grikk (dead)
> Mange (???)
> Rikek (killed by Nagash)
> Skaul (???)
> Skitr (???)
> Skrat (???)
> Volkn (Fire Mountains)
> Vruzz (???)

> Skryre (Skavenblight)
> Ektrik (Foul Peak)
> Feesik (Southlands)
> Ferrik (Worlds Edge Mtns.)
> Fester (Ubersreik)
> Gratzz (???)
> Gritak (enslaved by Mors)
> Gritus (???)
> Liskit (???)
> Makris (dead)
> Mawrrl (???)
> Merkit (Southlands)
> Rictus (Crookback Mountain)
> Rikket (Spineport)
> Septik (Southlands)
> Spittl (Lustria)
> Skrapp (Putrid Swamp)
> Skully (???)
> Skurvy (Spineport)

> Moulder (Hell Pit)
> Carrion (???)
> Gowjyer (Nuln)
> Grutnik (???)
> Kreepus (Gnaw Pit)
> Krizzor (???)
> Mordkin (Badlands)
> Scruten (Marienburg)
> Skuttle (???)
> Sleekit (???)
> Vrrtkin (???)

> Gangrous (???)
> Morbidus (???)
> Verminus (???)

> Pestilens (Southlands/Lustria)
> Corpulent (???)
> Crooktail (Northern Wastes)

> Treecherik (???)
> Skitterbite (???)
> Festerlingus (dead)
> Gristlecrack (???)
> Skrittlespike (Skavenblight)

They need to add in Belacuck already so he can be sent SCREAMING back to the aethyr WITH ROCKS

Now that you mention that I'd have been perfectly fine if TWW2 had been focused on expanding the Old World section of the map, adding Skaven and Tomb Kings, Araby, etc. and waiting for CA to figure out how to implement proper naval combat for Ulthuan and the New World map in TWW3

>Gambia

More like 'no white man will care,' dude.

I don't think naval combat is needed, honestly. And it'd be so complex with the different tech levels of factions, and making them all distinct but feasible...I can see why they'd drop it.

It might be this is the TWW2 map only. When you combine them both, it reverts to the actual map.

If someone asks you if they can use one of their Warhammer armies project armies in a game against you, would you accept or tell them to piss off?

Weird that they moved notAfrica so far west.