EDH/Commander General /edhg/

"Act Now" Edition

Previous: RESOURCES

>Full C17 Decklists:
magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/feature/commander-2017-edition-decklists-2017-08-11

>Official Site: Contains deck building rules and the current ban list.
mtgcommander.net

>Deck List Site: You can search for decks that other people have made. Authors often have comments that explain their deck’s strategy and card choices.
tappedout.net

>Namefag bitchfest, but people often make primers, which go into detail about how they built and play their deck.
mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/commander-edh

>Statistically see what everyone else puts in their commander decks based on what is posted to the the internet.
edhrec.com/

>Find out what lands you can add to your deck, sorted by category, based on a chosen Commander’s color identity.
manabasecrafter.com/

CARD SEARCH

>Official search site. Current for all sets.
gatherer.wizards.com/

>Unofficial, but has GOAT search interface.
magiccards.info/

Thread Question:
What's your favorite color identity?

Other urls found in this thread:

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/g-o-d-s-a-v-e-t-h-e-q-u-e-e-n/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Abzan.

>Thread Question
Gruul.

>Nice meme combo Vagisil
>Would be a shame if someone...
>...Fucked your shit up
*reeeeee's in eldrazi*

WHAT IF I SAY I'M NOT LIKE THE OTHERS

>What's your favorite color identity?
Anything mono colored. It's more fun for deck building.

Just anything that makes me win.

Winning is the only thing I love.

In order for you to truly win, you need to love yourself.

Better Question:
Are there any decks you refuse to play against?

Any Kombo Kommanders, the group just says "hey you won" and continure without them as a 3 player game

Hokori. Go fuck yourself Alex, you don't even have a win condition.

I refuse to play 1v1 Commander because it's shit. But otherwise, I haven't ever really fought the super-degenerate lists, so nah.

What do you guys use as counters?

Dice.

>thread question
colorless. it's like monocolor on crack.

Looking over my Mizzix deck and I just can't ever seem to find it to ever be consistent. Think it is worth taking apart to buy the wizards deck and making something with the precon and the mizzix deck? Would Mizzix be a good idea to include in the deck? Talrand or Baral? I could also include Jevela which might be fun since I never played with her.

Lies! You're one of us now!

Look at your johnniness and self expression and weep, for you are but one of many!

Anything that MLD's for the fuck of it and not as a wincon.

>What's your favorite color identity
I dunno. Temur has always looked cool but to play I would probably say Golgari because it feels like playing Yugioh.

I predict a sudden surge of Pull from Eternity and Riftsweeper.

Nuh uh! I'm a Mairsil Spike! T3 Demonic Consultation!

Generally, Nekusar. They're all almost identical, play identically, are not fun to have at the table.

usually just d6. For some things, I'll use a spindown.

What are some good mana sources for mairsil that I probably don't want to cage

Signets.

pennies

the goal is to end the game with a dollar in play

2cmc rocks like signets, talismans, star compass, and coldsteel heart.

Boros or bust bb

i've been meaning to make a boros deck, but every time i try i end up adding a third color. none of the boros commanders are interesting enough to make me feel alright about the deck and i always end up in jeskai.

Is it worth getting the wizard deck for kess or should I buy her separately?

I dont even want to play I just want to laminate her card in thick arcing ropes of jizz

One day I'm gonna build akiri + bruse tarl with all the mana rocks ever and MLD, and a little equipment for akiri

I want pretty basic lands for my 5c deck, are there any full cycles that are neat?

just play the fling king. Brion is a blast.

I guess signets if you are running them. All other mana rocks generate 2+ and combo with something.

Mind Stone can provide a self-sac if needed tho, but I think even at that it would be better to cage Hedron Archive.

Is it just me or does she have a weird fat face that doesn't go with her body?

Star compass only works with basics and comes in tapped.

I'd prefer a felwar of it.

You can preorder her for like $13, seems like a better deal than getting the deck just for her

Nah, her body isn't much to look at either. But I like the old granny.

Reminds me of my aunt.

Looking at my decks, it's GruulX, where X can be Naya or Temur. I have a Mina and Denn Secret Commander Angry Omnath, Temur Dragons, Mayael, I am in the process of making a Naya Infinite Combats deck, and once Ixalan hits I will be making Grishark, Sun's Avatar.

>Are there any decks you refuse to play against?

I'm not a fan of any Turn 3 or 4 "Infinite Combo, I win, gg even though you didn't get a chance to do anything". style decks. Especially that can consistently win on turn 2 or 3. That's fun for exactly one person at the table, and I hate watching people masturbate over how clever they think they are for netdecking an infinite combo.

>basic lands for my 5 color deck

Hmmmmmmmmmm

But anyway, if you insist on this silliness, I've always loved 9th edition John Avon lands

Hey man, I need something to fetch with my ramp

SECRET TECH FOR MATHAS

That's why you run skyshroud claim, natures lore, farseek, etc and get shocklands or abur duals if you're fancy

>tfw arms race has ramped up
>have to bring back a long-retired deck

Never thought I'd have to use Ghave again but here we are. Feels bad man

Sorta. He can kill stuff you bounty'd with mathas, but unfortunately his bounty counters don't give you draw and life when you kill

Khans bloc basics are neat
Khans = what the land looks like now
Fate = what it looked like in the past
Dragons = what It looks like in the future

Why not? They're both bounty counters. I don't see the problem.

The problem is that Mathas doesn't say "whenever a creature with a bounty counter dies, draw and gain life", the draw and lifegain is tied to his trigger where he puts the counter on a creature. So only his counters have that effect

WHAT IF I SAY IM NOT JUST ANOTHER ONE

>using an actual bounty for a counter
>mfw

I'll generally refuse to play a second game against storm. It's not an unfair win condition, but it is annoying. About half the time they fizzle out or get countered at a crucial point, but 100% of the time, they take 10 minutes to play through the interactions.

Decks that are strictly better than mine, duh

Ah. Well, it's still an easy way to snipe a troublesome dude.

For sure there is still synergy there, Mathas is just unfortunately worded

That philosophy is shared by about half of the supposedly "casual" edh community right there.

Am I retarded for thinking this might be a good addition to Sunforger?

Retarded? No. But it's probably not worth it.

Yes.

Getting scrubs to believe they have a chance is part of the game

G/W or U/W
GW usually running some sort of taxing effects with lots of creatures and U/W more of a grindy control
GW edh deck would be like a selvala stax deck
UW edh deck would be like a Ojutia control deck though taigam might replace that shortly

>Are there any decks you refuse to play against?
no because im not a bitch
>better question
more like more retarded question

Jeskai commanders are even worse m8. Zedruu is a meme and Narset is for literal autists only.

Boros at least has something. Usable commanders are Aurelia (combo), Gisela (rdw/light stax), Depala (combo), Tajic (indestructible abuse) and Brion (mad timmy jank). Avacyn is a generic choice if nothing else fits. Kalemne was worth considering, but she's now completely overshadowed by shaniqua le keywords. Basandra and Iroas are generally overshadowed by Marchesa and Gahiji and are better in their 99s, if at all.

I find it hard to justify even Lightning Bolt in the 99, let alone a weaker one with some marginal filter effect embedded. If you have Sunforger out, your priority is to protect it, you don't need more draw/scry because Sunforger tutors you everything you need anyway.

>Jeskai commanders are even worse m8

this

i wish there was at least ONE non-autistic goodstuff commander. i've been wanting to build jeskai blink value for like half a year, there just hasn't been a good commander for it

Brion/Kraum?

it would be a shame if something happened to that reliquary tower there...

>will endure any retarded shit to prove a point
>will probably try to hide the fact he is mad af
>a perfect candidate for solitaire/lockdown deck testing
I wish my playgroup had more people like you to watch me flail my cardboard penis around

posted yesterday but i will repost since I am still looking for suggestions: any advice on making a spirit tribal deck, such as commander suggestions?

>Brion
You mean Bruse?

>open up booster
>get motherfucking Ajani Unyielding

How good is he?

>for like half a year
Thats cute, get in line kid, been waiting for a UR artificer since 1996

How many colors?
Yes

>narset is for literal autists
b-but my voltron

Honestly?

Ask your group if they're okay letting you use Genju of the Realms.

>to prove a point
its less to prove a point and more because its just part of the game
nature's claim is your friend

He is not the best catman but if you can get him out and protecc him he is a path every second turn

Would put his tiny barbed benis in my mouth/10

>artificer meem
Just build Jori En artifacts or something

Gotta agree with him. Nekusar always rustles my Kird Apes.

i assume you mean bruse tarl

blink decks don't really do well with combat damage, so bruse tarl wouldn't be good

ditto for kraum would be ok but just a thoroughly meh creature

Shut your whore mouth, we have had 2 entire LOLARTIFACT blocks and wizards can do one fucking thing right

>black border kird ape without AN symbol
Wut

Just build the fucking commander you goddamn baby

So, in light of there finally being a legendary Mardu Knight (and the despair of it having nothing to do with Knights or Knight Tribal), I decided to take a crack at brewing up a Marchesa deck.

This is just a first pass, so it's entirely possible I missed some obvious stuff, but any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

tappedout.net/mtg-decks/g-o-d-s-a-v-e-t-h-e-q-u-e-e-n/

(also, I know the mana base is fucked, this is just First Draft manabase of Shocks + Fetches + Duals + filler basics. Once I have the rest of the list more solidified, I'll look at what other lands I have handy and make a proper manabase)

Does this works with Quicksilver Elemental like I think it does?

>jeskai, blink
I found your problem, put your tendies down and join the real big boys in the UGx format
#Roon/Brago2018

No.

It should, yeah, since it'll gain new 'instances' of the ability that you haven't activated yet.

So yes, you can pay your entire life total into that to get a net gain of 1 colorless mana.

Bruse at least gives you buffs on blink and is a good blocker

i want to blink mindclaw shaman with a flameshadow conjuring out (and hopefully panharmonicon too)

They said it's fine.

How's Mardu, then?

Can a commander be in a different color sleeve than the rest of your deck?

Do you use one or two dice?
If just one, how do you deal with +1/+0 type buffs?

It can be, unless you plan on having your commander tucked.

>every deck is 30c jank tribal and $2500 mana base
Fuck off, stop posting

Do that.

Alright, future 'first passes' will be all basics to keep from upsetting you

Lightning Greaves and Swiftfoot Boots. They're thematic for suiting up your knights for battle, and they really need haste.

>finally legendary mardu knight
>so I'm gonna build a different mardu commander

What?

>Hey guys, can I get feedback on this deck full of cards I will never own? I need to know how to improve it!!
Here is your second (you), go back to the standard general

I have a Sedris deck built around abusing ETBs
Uses Panharmonicon and Flameshadow Conjuring, plus Sundial of the Infinite and Teferi's Veil to keep the tokens/unearthed creatures you make
Also Mimic Vat
Flameshadow+Panharmonicon multiplies ETBs by 6 if you have the 2R to spare
It's fun

Not outright refuse, but I always die a little on the inside every time I have to play against a wheels deck.
Fuck lab maniac.