You Know What To Do

Put your entire playlist on shuffle and play three songs. The first song is your setting. The second is your protagonist(s). The third is your antagonist(s).

Go!

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kBGTTEzidNQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6eblFOXlHDs
youtube.com/watch?v=4DPsWQYhW34
youtube.com/watch?v=wyPKRcBTsFQ
youtube.com/watch?v=A6w8XxG8A8M
youtube.com/watch?v=MjwFe6okyUw
youtube.com/watch?v=PUhBykAA0D8
youtube.com/watch?v=9hzCNsaVpm4
youtube.com/watch?v=P1-wf3GruO8&
youtube.com/watch?v=qXVmZuPOzU0&
youtube.com/watch?v=7RnTDYhAsj0&
youtube.com/watch?v=BzXvlNBBv88
youtube.com/watch?v=K7l5ZeVVoCA
youtube.com/watch?v=202fjZZO-tI
youtube.com/watch?v=OShvQvG_Obw&t=3s
youtube.com/watch?v=ifQ3JRS4gqc
youtube.com/watch?v=k2JMoeE2Z78
youtube.com/watch?v=JaoAMMK1cGs
youtube.com/watch?v=aMQw5MLim9g
youtube.com
youtube.com/watch?v=3BwzP1laWkQ&index=143&list=PLNDDdz25VA6aBEloBuR5epOkb3HAFomX6
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4&index=4&list=PLNDDdz25VA6aBEloBuR5epOkb3HAFomX6
youtube.com/watch?v=SXqjz3LWBa4
youtube.com/watch?v=Fi13NxmjqLI&index=101&list=PLNDDdz25VA6aBEloBuR5epOkb3HAFomX6&shuffle=207
youtu.be/6AotSwDs4aA
youtube.com/watch?v=XlggmcAzzXQ
youtube.com/watch?v=OWUWDSMmZI0
youtube.com/watch?v=Hf36BkD2nv8&
youtube.com/watch?v=LK3qEY5URRw&
youtube.com/watch?v=MdO1mKGlA5c&
youtube.com/watch?v=EIWINsaEpnw
youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs
youtube.com/watch?v=MgwSOAoFA2c
youtube.com/watch?v=si81bIoZRJQ
youtube.com/watch?v=FK5P94toDkI
youtube.com/watch?v=LQMuorfB2k0
youtu.be/tF8CSEXy9vY
youtu.be/YYEdpB4EP7M
youtu.be/fNI12hvKsxI
youtube.com/watch?v=oeEvRpLcmnE
youtube.com/watch?v=6WmR3xWkKQo
youtube.com/watch?v=5GS436Gn2NQ
youtu.be/Y-cxevaA-38
youtu.be/QaCatrmpXgo
youtu.be/JgLJmpfngmo
youtube.com/watch?v=mW9ImnTL2jk
youtube.com/results?search_query=the voice ultravox
youtube.com/watch?v=oOCe2Y7iVF8
youtube.com/watch?v=7zXfN5i-xjQ
youtu.be/HF3pv6WsJrs
youtu.be/96QBXReEQ2k
youtu.be/Qq4j1LtCdww
youtube.com/watch?v=A2Gq609zTYo
youtube.com/watch?v=G8bY0oTh2po
youtube.com/watch?v=KV3ozZoQ13M
youtu.be/pH04VYtZsKQ?list=PLVy_Xt7ByFpXZCeZCb9NBgQyJHUDWc4BP
youtube.com/watch?v=Ue1DTQTJxpM
youtube.com/watch?v=jFwQOmOyr8g
youtu.be/__OSyznVDOY
youtu.be/O6Nfbk_hLsE
youtu.be/lX44CAz-JhU
youtube.com/watch?v=eaJmgMuYNjc
youtube.com/watch?v=3EfMMNTD1x4
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1mVNOB5tg
youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio
youtube.com/watch?v=ET3-t1jFmo0
youtube.com/watch?v=7pE8ReA5cn4
youtube.com/watch?v=C2E-uOWqScc
youtube.com/watch?v=c2JeaOrsUSk
youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso
youtube.com/watch?v=bMXy3mYzkws
youtube.com/watch?v=B59M2OhvAII
youtube.com/watch?v=PHMm0BXKBHg
youtube.com/watch?v=FlUEG86BAHc
youtube.com/watch?v=1CGMk_roNaE
youtu.be/4gHXnnZR8tA
youtube.com/watch?v=NR6jtfxsjHc
youtube.com/watch?v=uHdNCHomHlU
youtube.com/watch?v=etb_4L6sPeQ
youtube.com/watch?v=6siGKxcKol0
youtube.com/watch?v=k4PYRdb71_w
youtube.com/watch?v=KFD22fh39SM
youtube.com/watch?v=maprNsfMS3s
youtube.com/watch?v=4TgS1EAiWlo
youtube.com/watch?v=Abrn8aVQ76Q
youtube.com/watch?v=3ale--sxOKk
youtube.com/watch?v=rzmmBXDpk88
youtube.com/watch?v=YIMvM8u9C-o
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=kBGTTEzidNQ
>protag
youtube.com/watch?v=6eblFOXlHDs
>antag
youtube.com/watch?v=4DPsWQYhW34

My neckbearded music tastes notwithstanding, I guess its a "brave new world" explored by a drunken sailor who's main enemy is a worrisome christfag?

Cursed realms - Sunn 0)))
>Some dark fantasy type setting, not bad
Meant to be Dutch - Rasputina
>...I don't know maybe like a rogue doing a bad accent or something
No more hotdogs - Hasil Adkins
>Hot dog cursing sorcerer? I wouldn't play this game

>sailor and his crew finds map to holy relic used to create the world and grant massive power and crusaders try to stop him.
I'd play it.

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=wyPKRcBTsFQ
>protag
youtube.com/watch?v=A6w8XxG8A8M
>antag
youtube.com/watch?v=MjwFe6okyUw

Aww, what the fuck?
>Chaotic Good Sorcerer chills by the bay while determined warlord antagonist burns the country-side to the ground

I want a re-count.

> Setting
Batushka - Yekteniya 1
youtube.com/watch?v=PUhBykAA0D8
So something based on Eastern Europe/Orthodox Christianity, I guess? Might be depressing in tone and more focused on RP than combat with heavy religious and supernatural vibes throughout the adventure.

> Protag
The Shoes - Made for You
youtube.com/watch?v=9hzCNsaVpm4
Protag would be a hopeless romantic that goes on a quest to prove himself to the love of his life. To add to the depressing tone, we could make it so the romance is one-sided.

> Antagonist
Children of Bodom - Next in Line
BBEG is a fighter guy that feels accomplished by winning over any strong warriors. He doesn't necessarily wants to rule over the world or kill anyone more than he wants to defeats anyone he feels like a worthy opponent. He could have decided at first to track down the party for no other reasons as he thinks they can put on a good fight. As times goes on and as his inability to win over them grows bigger, the BBEG would take it more personal and grow angrier towards them.

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=P1-wf3GruO8&
>protag
youtube.com/watch?v=qXVmZuPOzU0&
>antag
youtube.com/watch?v=7RnTDYhAsj0&

Well, shit. A FUCKING PALADIN is at odds with the (surprisingly jolly) communist regime he lives under. He has to fight the communist warlord to reclaim religious freedom. A Christmas special.

Setting:
youtube.com/watch?v=BzXvlNBBv88
>Shades of darkened skies, Emptiness
>Twilight holding through, Offering
>Between heaven and Earth, Wisdom and the knower
>A planet collide, Divisible we fall
>I have walked on many other planets

Some kind of spiritual war breaking out signaling the death of the world? Some spiritual entity arriving to cause death and decay on the planet the PC's must stop?

Protagonist:
youtube.com/watch?v=K7l5ZeVVoCA
Absolute retard who's social skills cause him to ostracized. Maybe the end of the world will force him to mature?

Antagonist:
Searching for a way to live forever, he signs on with the spirit to help bring about the end. He thinks all people are just lying and using him and hasn't trusted people ever. Surely a being of pure energy couldn't be lying to him.

Two outcasts on opposite sides, while the world erupts in spiritual energy, sacrifices, weird extra-planetary trips and events. Could be cool. Thanks for the idea to do this OP.

Forgot antagonists song:
youtube.com/watch?v=202fjZZO-tI

>setting
Can't you see - the Marshall tucker band
>protag
A day in the life - the Beatles
>antags
Another brick in the wall, PT 2 - Pink Floyd

Whatever this game is, it's depressing as fuck, but sure to be a smash hit.

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=OShvQvG_Obw&t=3s
>protag
youtube.com/watch?v=ifQ3JRS4gqc
>antag
youtube.com/watch?v=k2JMoeE2Z78

A musician, depressed due to his girl, leads a student uprising

Setting
>U Can't Touch This- MC Hammer

Protagonist
>What's Up- 4 Non Blondes

Antagonist
>What is Love- Haddaway

In the year 1999, the secret Council of Fly Black Vampires overthrew the world's governments and cast humanity under the shadow of their parachute pants. No human can withstand their moves... except one oblivious stoner chick in a top hat.

This is the Life by Amy Macdonald
Most of the game is set in a town with an active night life. For the first couple of sessions at the very least players won't know the "serious" side of the people they meet - to them, everyone they interact with are just guys and gals looking for a good time without a care in the world.

I am the Walrus by the Beatles
Fuck, I have no idea. Just players being players.

Frontier Psychiatrist by the Avalanches.
A young man fallen who stopped resisting his hedonistic impulses a long time. At first he seems like just one of the rest of his "fun" crew, but soon enough things take a darker turn when the antagonist decides to raise the stakes and go on a murder spree to satisfy his lust for cheap thrills.

I want to play this!

>setting: Death of Queen Jane www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfeKFKG3JWM

A medieval setting mourning the passing of a beloved ruler

>protagonist: To Rise Above - Gogol Bordello www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Z0TJ6tCyBg

An underdog drags himself from the mud to become the protector of the realm

>antagonist: Rasputin - Boney M www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDMlk3kSYg

Self explanatory

welp.
>setting
Here's to Never Growing up - Avril Lavigne
>protag
"If I Had You (Jason Nevin’s Radio Mix)" - Adam Lambert
>antag
Dragon Fire - Nik Ammar

OK.
Your PCs are trapped in a high school where nothing ever changes. You don't grow older, the teachers never teach new material, and even if you die, you wake up the next morning like nothing happened. And trust me, you'll be dying a lot. Unnatural things stalk the halls, feeding on the student's despair and possibly blood. If you try to leave, The Faculty will find you, and drag you back a la "The Prisoner". Your only chance to escape this hell lies in the power of true love.

>Setting
Joy Division - Interzone
>Protagonists
Ninja Sex Party - Party of Three
>Antagonist
The Raconteurs - Steady, As She Goes

Setting
youtube.com/watch?v=JaoAMMK1cGs
alright, so I'm running an low-key Eclipse Phase campaign then maybe? I'd need to really dig into the lyrics to pull out a full setting. Or just use Prey 2. that works too.
Protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=aMQw5MLim9g
Ok, this works stupidly well with the previous one. Loads of memories from past selves. Maybe reincarnated heroes from a bygone age? Holger Danske?
Antagonist
youtube.com
/watch?v=6EX-4mz5WuY
well... uh oh.

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=3BwzP1laWkQ&index=143&list=PLNDDdz25VA6aBEloBuR5epOkb3HAFomX6
>protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=4zLfCnGVeL4&index=4&list=PLNDDdz25VA6aBEloBuR5epOkb3HAFomX6
>antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=SXqjz3LWBa4
Set in an alternative 90's Hollywood where every individual has a literal soul mate and girls can grow mustaches, our main characters, a depressed fiddle player named Johnny pits his soul against the devil for his lover, who wears the exact same clothes as him.

Shit. I meant to link this one youtube.com/watch?v=Fi13NxmjqLI&index=101&list=PLNDDdz25VA6aBEloBuR5epOkb3HAFomX6&shuffle=207 for the protagonist.

>Setting: Grace for Sale - Terrence Zdunich
>youtu.be/6AotSwDs4aA
Semi-anachronistic circus-hell, teaming with demons and monsters just trying to put on a good show

>Protagonists: The Indiana Man - American Murder Song
>youtube.com/watch?v=XlggmcAzzXQ
Manifest Destiny in a nutshell-- probably a bunch of very, very zealous angels following one especially vibrant fellow.

>Antagonist: I Will Go Sailing No More - Randy Newman
>youtube.com/watch?v=OWUWDSMmZI0
An Archangel of the highest order, far stronger than anyone in the party, having been cast down due to the manipulations of several powerful demons, is the party's only hope of returning to heaven-- if they can get him out of his depressive funk, and prove that they deserve paradise.

My whole library? Oh shit.
>Setting
>Federation Theme from FTL
Nice. I can dig that.
>Protagonist
>Man with No Name
Fucking Clint Eastwood character? Hell yeah.
>Antagonist
>The Devil Went Down to Georgia
Western trope version of Satan himself

So we have a grizzled cowboy searching the galaxy far and wide to find Satan, and settle an old score.
This sounds fucking rad.

>Setting- Marble Tulip Juicy Tree by Ween
youtube.com/watch?v=Hf36BkD2nv8&
So this wacky nutso type thing that takes place inside the mind of a crazy person. Nothing makes sense and reality is constantly warping. Its inhabitants are varied, from wacky cartoon characters, to typical people, to fourth dimensional shapes with legs.

>Protag- Homecoming by Makeup and Vanity Set
youtube.com/watch?v=LK3qEY5URRw&
Maybe some kind of robot lookin dude who longs for a way out of this realm of nonsense and insanity. He will do anything to leave.

>Antag- The Easy Way Out by Avant Garden
youtube.com/watch?v=MdO1mKGlA5c&
Someone with a sense of order who wants to manipulate and control this realm of chaos and subjugate its inhabitants for his own personal gain.

oh shit I didnt realize how fuck huge that image was. Sorry bout that.

This sounds cool af

I like that a lot.

>King Crimson- Court of the crimson king
Some mystical but hellish land ruled by a immortal demon, the laws of reality are warped by his presence.
>Tyler the creator- Who dat boy
A stranger to these lands, seeking....something.
>Death Grips- Hacker
Someone is hunting The Stranger down, he has the first three numbers of some ancient code and regularly steals from The stranger.
Would you play it? Seems sorta nice.

>Bruce Dickinson- Abduction
Setting is Nevada. There have been a number of locals gone missing. Strange lights are in the sky.

>Dream Theater- Ministry of Lost Souls
The Protagonist is looking for his lost love, who he suspects has been abducted by aliens

>Demons and Wizards-Lunar Lament
The aliens are under the command of THE MOON. The moon is alive, sentient and kind of a prick.

>Setting
The Who, 5:15. Okay, I guess we Snowpiercer nao.
>Protagonist
Steve Earle, The Galway Girl. Strong female protagonist, I'm down.
>Antagonist
Powerglove, Batman. Holy shit this got awesome.

>Diggin' Up the World by The Darkest of the Hillside Thickets
The setting is a ruined world where the primary impetus for industry and advancement is excavating and reverse engineering long-buried ancient tech/magic. Also there are beautifully preserved, questionably moral/human undead. Nonetheless, these revenants seem to compel the romantic affection of those who unearth them.

>Different Colors by Walk the Moon
A goofy young man who is lawful good and is determined to use the unearthed wonders for the benefit of his people. Does not hesitate to help others if they seem in need. He works with a motely crew of outcasts and misfits from different groups, perhaps in an organization not unlike the French Foreign Legion, but as an excavation/research team.

>Serenade No. 13 in G Major - "Eine Kleine Nachtmusik" 1st movement by Mozart
Sophisticated and elitist intellectual who values the lost age's culture and history more than that of his own people's. Ambitious, and desires to make some big discovery about the lost age. Is very self-centered despite his germane demeanor. Isn't truly vile, because he genuinely believes in the things he does, and is just as goofy and determined as the young man.

It's a lighthearted, hopeful story in an otherwise dark and dismal setting.

Two Steps from Hell - Dragon Rider (Beat Only)
Fast paced cyberpunk but more near future with less hypertech and cybernetics and such
Two Steps from Hell - Unfolding Armies (Orchestral)
Genuine old-world type without many ties to modernity. An expert of antiquated trades like survival, woodworking, weaving, etc. an all over woodsman
Two Steps from Hell - Web of Lies
The sprawling forces of order and society in all their monolithic might stand to stamp out a lone survivor of the regime meant to cleanse the world of dissent and even those who rebel from it still contribute with every little connection they feed into it. Even the anti-social woodsman has to pay property tax

>setting
Ghostbusters main theme... so Ghostbusters game
>protag
tonight tonight by the Smashing Pumpkins... a new franchise making their way in the world and establishing themselves, upbeat stories.
>antag
shiver Me Timbers from Muppet Treasure Island
Ghost Pirate or is it Pirate Ghost?

>King Crimson
I'd play the hell out of that.

did you even listen to those before giving up?
>"I tell you child, beyond that wall is nothing but death. At night, you can hear the screams drifting out of the icelands if the wind is right. That is where the Winterdemons live."
>Players are inhabitants of a small town on the outskirts of a dead zone where monsters roam. A serial killer starts picking off the inhabitants one by one and mounting their heads on the outer wall, as an offering to the Winterdemons. The PCs must find him before time runs out, while maintaining the illusion that nothing is wrong to avoid a panic. Panic is a sure way to be noticed by the Winterdemons.

huh, the last one didn't embed. That's weird. Link still works.

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=EIWINsaEpnw
>protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=999RqGZatPs
>antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=MgwSOAoFA2c

Not sure quite what to make of this.

The old west is coming into the 20th century. Soon automobiles will roam the paved streets across Sedona, and old gunslingin' horse ridin' bounty hunters will ride into the sunset.

Your hero is after one last big score before hanging his belt and joining "modern" society. He wants to leave his past behind but as he shoots his bounty, his bounty shoots him. Your Protagonist had the better shot with his bounty dead. Now his antagonist arrives.

Your antagonist isn't a person. It's the memories of simpler life, his wife, maybe his family
>Who would try to stop such feelings?
>If the sun shines, I won't look back.
>Even if it's a mistake, I will stay true to the road I chose.

His past is a constant pull on him to just fade out here. It's where his family was. It's where his whole life has been. What's he got to live for anymore? What good is going into big cities gonna do for him?

>Setting: Divinity - Porter Robinson
youtube.com/watch?v=si81bIoZRJQ
>Protagonist: James Franco - Polyphia
youtube.com/watch?v=FK5P94toDkI
>Antagonist: Brother - Gerard Way
youtube.com/watch?v=LQMuorfB2k0

So James Franco battles against his brother Dave Franco across the retro video game / anime inspired fantasy dreamscape from Porter Robinson's "Worlds" album.

Not bad.

>setting
Nujabes + Emancipator - With Rainy Eyes
youtu.be/tF8CSEXy9vY
A dark dystopian city in the near-cyberpunk future, under the effects of a broken experimental climate control system that causes an undending downpour of rain. Since the rain started, many citizens have begun to develop a strange "second sight", causing the city to be placed under quarantine for research. Due to the terrible circumstances, the people have largely become crestfallen and lethargic, just waiting for something to change.

>protagonist
Bombdrop - Berlin
youtu.be/YYEdpB4EP7M
A conspiracy theorist who believes that the city is under quarantine and surrounded by high walls because it is to be completely destroyed and wiped off the map. He begins speaking to the city's downtrodden youth, trying to amass followers to unite and bring down the walls, calling it a "second Berlin". His sight allows him to see the willpower of those he speaks to, and how to appeal to their will to fight for their freedom.

>antagonist
Nine Inch Nails - The Wretched
youtu.be/fNI12hvKsxI
An anarchist who, when awakened to his second sight went completely insane and has begun violently hunting down the benevolent technocrats who form the city's government. He sees everyone who willingly follows any kind of leader as a terrible monster, and thinks he is saving humanity by taking up arms and killing every monster he can. Thanks to his sight, he knows exactly how to hit where it hurts and takes great pleasure in the violence.

>Setting
>youtube.com/watch?v=oeEvRpLcmnE
Naught but the wail of the damned can be heard on the endless battlefield that is the Stairwell of the Vania Watchtower. Once part of the greater Vania Stronghold - the northernmost fortress of the Walla Duchy, it's first line of defense against the dreaded Swamp people -, after centuries of neglect only this derelict structure still stands.
>Antagonist
>youtube.com/watch?v=6WmR3xWkKQo
Erstwhile it's caretaker, erstwhile a man. In life, High Captain of the Guard Rudrik Dresser. Paladin, medic, friend. In death, nothing but a blackguard who abuses his deft knowledge of human anatomy to maim, hurt and poison - but never kill - his captives. In a mockery of his mortal profession this fiend will "care" for those it wounds, mending them with foul clothes, letting leeches suck out blood and poison, restraining them with wooden stilts in his hostel of the damned. They will indeed rise, after six excruciating months of slow death, reborn as another undead defender of the long gone citadel.
>Hero
>youtube.com/watch?v=5GS436Gn2NQ
The wealthy entrepreneur/philanthropist Glenn Dresden, 20th head of the Dresden family, is preparing an expedition to clear the smelly den of iniquity known as the Vania Watchtower. He seeks to rid the countryside of the undead who infest the watchtower, as well as reclaim his family heirloom the Golden Metronome - a priceless artifact last seen when Johannes Dresden, the 19th head of the Dresden family, underwent a similar expedition to clear the Vania Watchtower of the taint of the undead - .
Are you a Bad Enough Dude or Dudette to join us in our Righteous Crusade?

>setting
Magic Sword - In the face of Evil
>Protag
Tribute - Tenacious D
>antagonist
Panic Station - Muse

So in high-magic sword and sorcery world oppressed the evil powers of a panicky funk-based overlord, the 2 greatest bards to ever live go on a devil-slaying roadtrip to dethrone the funklord.

> Setting
Water - Ra Ra Riot
youtu.be/Y-cxevaA-38

I'm envisioning a large town in Minnesota, the kind where almost every family has a cabin not far from the city. The campaign capitalises on both the urban locale and the cabin-strewn wilderness that surrounds it.

> Protagonist
Young Drunk - The Smith Street Band
youtu.be/QaCatrmpXgo

A young man returning to the town, his hometown, after the death of his father. He's been away at college but is deferring that while he gets his life back in order. He drinks a lot to dull the pain of his loss - something about his father's death just doesn't add up.

> Antagonist
Come and Be Alone With Me - The Jungle Giants
youtu.be/JgLJmpfngmo

The 'antagonist' per se, is the protagonist's sense of isolation. The loss of his father, the weeks at a time spent in the cabin outside town. The protagonist devolves into paranoia, and while can be alleviated by just reaching out to people, he's always drawn back to his self-imposed drunken isolationism.

>MC ride hunting dat boy through the court of the crimson king
hell yeah, motherfucker

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=mW9ImnTL2jk
>protagonist
youtube.com/results?search_query=the voice ultravox
>antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=oOCe2Y7iVF8
Amensiac hero from a post-apocalyptic '80s gets sucked into World War 1 to fight against the Turks. I can't think of a good system for that except GURPS. Also, how the fuck did I get two Ultravox songs in a row?

And I fucked up the "protagonist" link.
youtube.com/watch?v=7zXfN5i-xjQ

Setting
youtu.be/HF3pv6WsJrs
Protag
youtu.be/96QBXReEQ2k
Antag
youtu.be/Qq4j1LtCdww

So Russians in WWII, a man who has lost joy, against a Nazi beauty with a love complex.
Fuck me fund it.

>Grace - Ministry
youtube.com/watch?v=A2Gq609zTYo
Post apocalyptic urban hell?
>Jack and the Beanstalk - Tyler, the Creator
youtube.com/watch?v=G8bY0oTh2po
Angry black teen who runs around saying faggot and nigger all day?
>Up the Beach - Jane's Addiction
youtube.com/watch?v=KV3ozZoQ13M
Patrick Swayze shows up and challenges him to a surf off?

>Mater Domini: Beatam Me Dicent
youtu.be/pH04VYtZsKQ?list=PLVy_Xt7ByFpXZCeZCb9NBgQyJHUDWc4BP

>Stand a Chance
youtube.com/watch?v=Ue1DTQTJxpM

>Alice: Madness Returns Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=jFwQOmOyr8g

A man resides within a monastery, resting a weary soul upon the lap of the Virgin Mary. In his head and between the margins of his work clash a Mechanical God and the twisted memories of a lover driven to self-harm and homicide.

Dante's Divine Comedy meets Fritz Lang's Metropolis. Art Design by Hugh Ferris and Bruce Timm

youtu.be/__OSyznVDOY
youtu.be/O6Nfbk_hLsE
youtu.be/lX44CAz-JhU

Chicago, 1923. Edgar McCarthy is a scarred WWI veteran who lost a foot in the Somme now working a menial job in a factory and just barely making ends meet. Many of the city's addicts have been found with their throats ripped out, and many others are on the run. Surely Edgar's pain medication isn't addictive, right?

>Setting: Run the Jewels - Call Ticketron
youtube.com/watch?v=eaJmgMuYNjc
>Protag: MF DOOM - Rap Snitch Knishes
youtube.com/watch?v=3EfMMNTD1x4
>Antag: Kanye West - POWER
youtube.com/watch?v=Sp1mVNOB5tg

In an oppressive city controlled by a manic AI, two dumbasses set out to free the world. An extremely loyal patrolman catches wind of the scheme and attempts to stop it. So basically, Paranoia.

>setting
youtube.com/watch?v=W3q8Od5qJio
>Protag
youtube.com/watch?v=ET3-t1jFmo0
>antag
youtube.com/watch?v=7pE8ReA5cn4

In the dark and grimy underground of an industrial empire, our edgy #depression protagonist just lost his girlfriend to *insert gang affiliated crime here*. ;(
Follow our hero as he tries to clear the streets of a gang of equally edgy punk teens

>Under a Violet Moon

So standard medieval setting, except the moon is purple

>Loreley

Protagonist is a mutderous mermaid/siren thing

>Lazare

Antagonist is someone recently married

>setting
All Over With Blood
youtube.com/watch?v=C2E-uOWqScc
>protagonist(s)
Spread the Wings
youtube.com/watch?v=c2JeaOrsUSk
>antagonist(s)
Pacific Rim Main Theme
youtube.com/watch?v=1vU7XqToZso

Long ago the Dark Lord won, and now the world is consumed by darkness. The leading cause of death is sudden, violent murder. A new generation of rebels rises to fight for what they believe to be good and true. But when might makes right, their ultimate foe is one who has never been in the wrong.

Setting
>Coheed and Cambria - No World For Tomorrow
Protagonist
>System of a Down - Thetawaves
Antagonist
>Emarosa - Casablanca

Shit, it somehow managed to, out of all my music, hit stuff from back when I was in high school.

All of the C&C music has a canon setting IIRC, but I never paid much attention to it. Our protagonist is a conspiracy theorist and a revolutionary fighting against a theocrat who believes the world to be doomed, and is welcoming the end.

>Setting
>Mournweald Encounter - Darkest Dungeon soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=bMXy3mYzkws
Oh shit. Off to a good start. Gothic Horror galore, basically Ravenloft. This is battle music, too, so it'll be a frantic place, fraught with danger.
>Protagonist
>Lost Ship (Explore) - FTL Faster Than Light soundtrack
youtube.com/watch?v=B59M2OhvAII
Okay, so these come from works with very different genres. The genre of the setting's already been worked out, so how will this be a good leitmotif?
The slow beat and quiet music makes me think "thoughtful" and "slow to act". Maybe a scholar who can't stand the setting's harshness and doesn't fit in with the rest of society, trying to find a way to fix the shit situation everyone's in.
>Antagonist
>River in the Road - Queens of the Stone Age
youtube.com/watch?v=PHMm0BXKBHg
After looking up the lyrics: Holy shit.

So here's the trailer voiceover: in a world of darkness, fear, and monsters, a smart, quiet boy tries to find the secret to his people's safety and to stop the monsters forever. But standing in his way is an undead abomination, a being that used to be a man, coordinating the horde of monstrosities that turned him. Its goals and motivation are unknown. What is known is that it is dangerous beyond the ability of men to deal with, and it has our hero in its sights for reasons unknown. Can our hero find the way to save mankind in time? Or will he be pulled down and devoured by the horde, like all the other heroes before him? Tune in and find out!

>Setting.
Magic (Feat. Nile Rodgers and Brandy), Mystery Skulls.
>Protagonist
Neon (Feat. Casey Lee Williams)
Goddamnit.
>Antagonist
Caffine (Feat. Lamar Hall)

Basically a high magic RWBY AU where Neon somehow tripped into getting the Seasonal Maiden's powers and Coco takes Cinder's place as BBEG's right hand with the rest of team CFVY.

Re-rolling because of my terrible taste.

>Setting
Lone Digger, Caravan Palace
Retro Sci-fi with roaring 20s thematics. The golden age right before the interstellar ecconomy starts hitting the edge of the bubble crash.
>Protagonist
Moments, Define Light
A scientist who's spent their life trying to break the light-speed limitations and achieve FTL. If they can succeed, there'll be a new renaissance of development and exploration beyond the solar system, but the looming bubble of failure presents a challenge of funding,
>Timeless, Define Light
....aright I'm checking the shuffle setting after this.
The antagonist is an elder methusela; a resource and energy mogul whose life has been extended medically beyond the human ken, up to and including secretive technology for mind transfers from one body to the next. The Ageless Antagonist considers themselves heir to the world and all its wonders, all others second rate at best. There will be no escaping their influence beyond control of Holy Terra and Its Watchful Eye.

>Setting
Uprising - Magic Sword
youtube.com/watch?v=FlUEG86BAHc
>Protagonist
Make This Right - The Toxic Avenger
youtube.com/watch?v=1CGMk_roNaE
>Antagonist
To The Top - Scattle
youtu.be/4gHXnnZR8tA

I'll admit I broke the rules a bit here and didn't use all my music, but I suppose it'd be something like this:

Set in a dystopian neon future undergoing a regime change orchestrated by the proles, a criminal partly responsible for the chaos has a change of heart and hunts down his rags-to-riches boss, now a senior figure in the uprising in order to repent for his past sins and bring some semblance of peace to the wartorn cityscape.

>Setting
A Flock of Seagulls - I Ran (So Far Away)
1980's Miami

>Protagonist
Ministry - Stigmata
Clearly some sort of Cyberpunk protagonist, possibly a part time cultist

>Antagonist
Shit Luck - Modest Mouse
Some entity that causes misfortune to all around it. I'm imagining like a Ring Wraith meets Final Destination

Seems legit.

>Forty-Five Years
>The Wreck of the Athens Queen
>Cool Water
Hmmmmm
Hmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmm

Setting:

> MCR, "House of Wolves"

Protagonist:
> Kazuma Jinnouchi, "Walk Softly"

Antagonist:
> Dragonforce, "Trail of Broken Hearts"

I guess it's the story of a mute robotic protagonist chasing a lovelorn bard through a hellish urban fantasy setting.

>Real Folk blues
Setting is filled with people that have a wanderlust and afraid of making attachments
>Legend of Velkee
He's a hero willing to face any obstacle
>Song and Strike
Villain is cocky and has the ability to back it up. He has incredible reflexes. Also has an eastern background.

1st: The Roots - Rolling With The Heat
youtube.com/watch?v=NR6jtfxsjHc

2nd: Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds - Henry Lee [ft PJ Harvey]
youtube.com/watch?v=uHdNCHomHlU

3rd: Westbound Train - I'm No Different
youtube.com/watch?v=etb_4L6sPeQ

Curse my eclectic tastes in music. Let's see... The setting is the city, alive, energetic, and dangerous. Our hero has come from a kinder greener land only to fall victim the temptations to the city and is eaten up by that darkness, and murdered after betraying the woman he loved. His antagonist is himself as he starts off thinking himself better than the denizens of the city and slowly learn he is just as bad as him, which leads him to his death in the end.

Setting: The Ramones - Rockaway Beach
youtube.com/watch?v=6siGKxcKol0

I mean, it's Rockaway beach, right?

Protagonist: Annibale E I Cantori Moderni - TRINITY(Titoli)
youtube.com/watch?v=k4PYRdb71_w

A Trickster Gunslinger, no stranger to danger.

Antagonist: The Pharcyde - Devil Music
youtube.com/watch?v=KFD22fh39SM

The many socio-economic problems that plague urban America aka The White Man.

The White Man has set his eyes on Rockaway Beach, which he shall gentrify by putting up expensive boutiques and art galleries to attract richer residents and jacking up rent in the neighborhood, as well as breaking treaties with the natives of Rockaway beach. Can this mysterious stranger from out of town, Colt on his hip, be the savior Rockaway beach needs?

>Setting
So cold - Breaking benjamin
youtube.com/watch?v=maprNsfMS3s

>Protagonist
Let it burn - Avatar
youtube.com/watch?v=4TgS1EAiWlo

>Antagonist
Self esteem - The offspring
youtube.com/watch?v=Abrn8aVQ76Q

>Setting
youtube.com/watch?v=3ale--sxOKk

>Protagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=rzmmBXDpk88

>Antagonist
youtube.com/watch?v=YIMvM8u9C-o

oh no

>Setting
Cannibal Corpse - Hollowed Bodies
>Protagonists
Rotten Sound - Nation
>Antagonist
Arkhamin Kirjasto - When the Light is Dead and Gone

I think the setting is dark sunesque desert and a major point is that all life aggregates within the hollowed shells of ancient divine crabs. Each such community forms a nation and the players are one of them, a smaller one. Then, for some reason, the sun goes out, and everybody realizes that the only thing worse than the scorching sun is the icy darkness that follows it's death. Players need to save their community.

Not really desu. But I read the lyrics to the Rasputina song and listened to no more hotdogs again today. I think you're right about the setting and antag. Protag would be a self loathing smart peasant woman. I would play this game.

With a Little Help from my Friends by the Beatles

The Banner Saga OST - 03 No Tree Grows to the Sky

Sinéad O'Connor & The Chieftains - The Foggy Dew

????????????????????????