Warhammer 40,000 General /40kg/

340 skulls edition

>Necromunda is coming back with new minis and stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos winning UK. Narrow Imperium win in NA. Big Imperium win in EU. BREXIT NOW!
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

First for Pantsthiever Cult

Nth for dumb motherfuckers still don't understand that you just need to take a second detachment for your daemons so they don't upset your tactics

3rd for the dark prince

3rd for Khorne and his new based basing material!

Whats the best tank for a tank commander? Is the Punisher or Executioner any good?.

6th for Dark Eldar

Not true nigger.

If you summon your daemons they aren't in your detachment but still get to go in.

once again proven that Slaanesh is better than Khorne

Do I need land raiders for a paladin heavy gk list? Or are points better spent on dreadnoughts?

Just faster

that also works, but wastes a turn of movement. why bother

>Nth for Hive guard superiority

[b]++ Vanguard Detachment +1CP (Tyranids) [33 PL, 666pts] ++[/b]

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]Malanthropes [5 PL, 90pts]:[/b] Malanthrope

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]Hive Guard [7 PL, 144pts][/b]
3x Hive Guard: Impaler Cannon

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

[b]+ HQ +[/b]

[b]+ Elites +[/b]

more attacks

Summoning nurgle daemons. 20 or 30 plaguebearers?

20 means they get -1 to hit but lose it with one death. 30 means its harder to get rid of, but harder to summon.

Both are pretty susceptible to morale.

Should I go orks or imperial guard? If I go orks I'll be making blood axes if that counts for anything

I wonder how something similar to this would work with obliterators now.

Ork clans feel so bolted on and pointless.

Orks fight themselves anyway, why add clans to it? Doesn't seem very necessary to their fluff. If removed, what changes?

Their specializations seem pointless too. I can never remember what any of them are apart from Goffs and Snakebites.

They're quite good but stormravens are also very good

You probably don't want to bet on deep striking your entire paladin force and 7 Paladins + ancient in a crusader can be teleported across the field with gate anyway

Executioner is only good if you're also taking another tank commander as Pask, or you have Harker/Yarrick in your army to help you re-roll 1s. If you never overcharge it, it's still all right for making sure infantry never have much of an armor save.

Punisher with Multi-Meltas and Lascannon is my personal favorite combo. Battle Cannon is okay. Exterminator isn't very strong, but it's reliable. Demolisher is also solid, but I save it for Pask because you usually only get D3 shots. I always want more range for my Lemans, but then we use so much terrain that my LoS is blocked anyway, so Punisher has always been the best for me.

I save the range for Basilisks and Manticores.

Git detected.

>can't remember what speedfreaks do

iirc you can pick after rolling

Girl detected.

For now, at least. Clans will matter quite a bit when codex: Orks adds strattygumz

No Eldar skulls?

there's a dead swooping hawks squad listed in there.

just get human skulls and greenstuff some pointy ears on

>ears on skulls
user, I have some bad news...

Question : If you have a detachment with nothing but the same units, and then summon in daemon reinforcements once the game started ... do you keep or lose the Legion benefits ?

>"Okay I want to play Tyranids, I better write up a list using the stuff I like"
>Everything costs so little points it's like trying to fill up a bucket with tears

The summoned units are not part of any detachment

you keep them. the demons summoned are not part of your detachment

That's actually kinda neat.

Less strenght and ap

You keep them.

Daemons disrupting legions traits is a meme anyway. As long as all troops are of the same legion you get a legion trait, it doesn't matter if you included daemons or not.

I mean with the drop from 5/10/15 to 4/8/12 your chances of 10/20/30 models went from 98%/62%/9% to 99%/83%/37%

Which means getting 30 Plague groups is much easier. So definitely aim for the 30 blobs

What are the best equivalents for the Bloat Drone, Blightbringer, Plaguecaster, and Lord of Contagion for a generic CSM army?

Helldrake, Dark Apostle, Sorcerer and Chaos Lord?

Am I the only one who noticed the Black Templars got nerfed back to codex strenght yet again?

I didn't know 3 was more than 4.

>Chaos Lord in Terminator armor*
Ftfy

>If your army is Battle-forged, allINFANTRY, BIKERS and HELBRUTE unitsin Chaos
Space Marine Detachments gain a Legion
Trait, so long as every unit in that Detachment
is from the same Legion.
>[List of legions] A
Chaos Space Marine Detachment is therefore
one which only includes units with one of
these keywords
>daemons don't have these options
JUST TAKE A DIFFERENT DETACHMENT YOU FAGGOTS

I can see them, except the Helldrake, thats a bit too big of a stretch.

but Veeky Forums has told me nids are amazing now

khorne please, different skulls have different properties and flesh doesn't stick to skulls for long

It isn't, what drugs are you on this time that you lost your reading comprehension?

What's their action movie's name again?

How would you describe the Dark Eldar aesthetic? Cyberpunk? Seems to fit in some ways but obviously lacking the key 'cyber' part due to there being no interwebs in the grim darkness etc etc

Best part is that you can ally in guard.

>different skulls have different properties and flesh doesn't stick to skulls for long
[Citation needed]

wait theyre back to a thousand again?
they are used as a mass sacrifice chapter due to their numbers

I was talking about AP not strength, only weed, I ran out of vodka hours ago

Is it really okay to avatarfag these days?

Why do people like the Genestealers?

Retards in a box

You're welcome

Yeah according to the new dex each crusade can range from 'a few squads up to hundreds of templars' and never mentions them being above Codex mumbers.

Good, it's the one non-negotiable part of the Second Founding, any chapter openly increasing it's numbers beyond 1500 marines would be seen as preparing for rebellion.

The Inquisition just looking the other way to a near-legion strength second founding chapter is dumb.

Edgy. Literally.

>but Veeky Forums has told me nids are amazing now
They are. But, like, you pick three big monsters and a bucket full of Termagants, then you add the total points together and go "what, 700 points? What am I going to fill the rest with?" Everything is so hilariously cheap. You can take so much good stuff it's ridiculous. I mean, it gets kind of ridiculous when 7 Plague Marines with decent gear cost more than 30 Termagants with 10 Devourers and 20 Fleshborers.

This meme is shit.

it's not very funny

because it's 100% true

you need to add some exaggeration to it

Jabba and his palace if it was edgier and also prettier

Reason they don't know is that they don't tell them.

Also the fleets are so broken apart and crusading in different areas, no one can count them all.

pleb

Because they are humies that aren't Billy The Poster Protagonist and aren't Spikey Reverse Billy, the Poster Antagonist.

Also they get to work with the bugs so you can be a tank fag and still use nids to bait girls into talking about your cute minis.

Best way to build a box of reivers, anons?

You're only Ap -4 on 6s, and have the same attacks in the first round or combat, but only S3 with one damage, while Khorne is either 5 or 4 with more reliable Ap and chance for extra damage.

You're better against hordes, we're better against elites and vehicles. Works for me, at least Tzeench isn't objectively better this time.

"Chaos Space Marines" is the name of the codex, all units inside it are chaos space marine units and can form a chaos space marine detachment, that includes the four lesser daemon profiles.
There is no keyword.

It's less that and more
>hey instead of upgrading our already super soldiers lets just make some super super soldiers instead

For fucks's sake, you can have daemon troops in your original detachment AS WELL and keep Legion tactics.

All legion tactics requires is that everyone be from the same legion. Daemons do not have a fucking legion.

You cannot have Night Lords Raptors and Alpha Legion havocs. You will lose legion tactics.

You CAN have Night Lords Raptors, a fuckload of bloodletters, a giant chaos spawn, a great unclean one, and some renegade guard, and STILL. KEEP. LEGION. TACTICS.

Pulse rifles or pulse carbines for fire warriors?

reposting for fallen bro in last thread:

Fallen can join either imperial or chaos armies because they have both keywords but honestly the "fallen" unit itself is limited and not that great so just do what I and many others have done and model up some pre-heresy dark angels and make lists using only units that have imperial/chaos counterparts such as god hammer land raiders, predators, rhinos, devastators/havocs, assault/raptors, tactical marines. Its not hard but it takes a bit of book keeping to have a playable army that can switch sides on a coin toss

clippers, hobby knife, and some plastic cement.

Literally cybergoth.

-Black with neon green highlights
-latex bodysuits
-bondage gear
-gasmasks
-loldrugs
-vials that look like glowsticks
-dreadlock topknots
-mid-2000s edgy tribal tattoos
-hellraiser references
-junkie vampires

no seriously, they're cybergoths

Is that a new unit?

Yeah, that's what I meant. I added everything I wanted to field together and it didn't even fill a 1k list.

I know Nids' whole thing is uncountable hordes, and that's what I love about them, but holy shit I just don't have the money to be able to field that much.

always rifles
magnets

Pulse Rifles or Pulse Carbines for Gue'vesa?

Fair enough, but put enough attacks into a single character and my opponent has more armor saves to make.
Especially fun to deal 15 wounds to a captain, 4 of which were sixes, thank you Masque granting +1 to hit and Daemon Prince rerolling 1's.

It's a conversion.

New character they teased along with terminators and Mortarion, see for yourself.
youtube.com/watch?v=eJMu9G7Pyw8

>Purity of Cause
>Endeavouring to forget the corruption of the previous millennium, the Adeptus Ministorum seek penance by conquering the xenos-filled Benedictine Sub-sector. The Black Templars send their entire Chapter to fight alongside five orders of Sisters of Battle and massed armies of faith.
>Several Aeldari worlds are captured, and in the ensuing conflicts, two High Marshals are slain in swift succession. The Ecclesiarch himself declares an end to the war, claiming that they had achieved enough in the Emperor’s name and recalling his armies. New High Marshal Constantine continues the crusade regardless, and the Black Templars alone successfully cleanse the remaining worlds of xenos.

Righteous, I like to think this is when they began believing in God-Emps.

Don't think there are new terminators, just new lord of contagions. Also the hidden guy to the right is new Typhus.

Yes, everyone is very useful now, no more re-rollable 2++ shit. I can't say much about daemon tactics because I play World Eaters, but the Bloodthirster of Insensate Rage is looking meaner than ever noe that chargers strike first.

Like I said in the last thread, this last is garbage.

he is not Typhus

in the last shot you can see another miniature with the same equipment

Fulgurite Electropriests. 2x10 or 1x20? Anyone ever ran enough at once to try the full block, or even ran them at all? How'd they do?

I want them as countermeasures to the almost inevitable Primarch, Leviathan Dread, massive smashy vehicle or other melee thing, but having them seperate might make them less fire-magnety and versatile at the cost of the mass 3++ if they manage to win something.

I have a friend who has an Imperial Guard army and a Tyranid army. He hates Genestealers.

Well, we do know there's an actual terminator unit coming, so I'm going to assume that's an actual Deathshroud until proven wrong.

You're codex compliant again, make up your damn minds.

>Don't think there are new terminators

Sadly the big HQ's are all just essentially beat sticks.
The leadership bonus is okay but because they can be targetted and ripped apart by lascannons, you really need to either get them in there fast, or summon them in closer if you can.
5++ is not enough to keep them alive.

>mivehind

True, good thing the Bloodthirster has wings which help quite a bit, and I understand the Keeper of Secrets runs quite fast?

I feel bad for the Nurgle guys though, very slow in an army that revolves around close combat.

It depends. Are they sitting in a gunline or running upfield to seize objectives?
Rifle for the former, carbine for the latter, or breachers if you want to bring a devilfish.

I just realized hes holding a fucking las-cannon, why cant my boys do that?

It's so explicit, how can you possibly misread this
Daemons don't have a single one of these keywords. It becomes a Chaos detachment if you include daemons, making the people inside ineligible for tactics

How buttblasted would people be if i were to bring word bearer noise marines to the table? I really like the third party conversion options those models have but at the same time i don't want to swap legions just for them.