What kind of man brings a sword to a bolter fight?

What kind of man brings a sword to a bolter fight?

one who expects to run out of ammo before he runs out of xenos

Oh. That makes sense.

Alternately, a man who knows that at least some of the xenos are going to close to melee range regardless of his opinions on the matter.

Only a pussy brings a gun to a knife fight.
I am no pussy.
Fuck you mean this is a gunfight

Its for when the eldar/slaaaneshi/tau start dancing seductively around your bullets.

Then you need something phallic and human made to put in them.

Sometimes you have to do things the old-fashioned way, to make sure you've finished the job properly...

More like all the xenos, I try and use my heavy weapons and grenade launchers and the GM just gangbangs me in melee with genestealers every time

The same pussy that brings a bolter to a sword fight.

They are some of the faster xenos.

HEY GUYS DAD SAID YOU HAVE TO LET ME PLAY WITH YOU!

Fuck off noob

>What kind of man brings a bolter and sword to a bolter-sword fight?

Blood Angels books read like shit.

fpbp

>not a bolter-spear/halbard fight

>What kind of man brings a sword to a bolter fight?

Someone CRAAAAZY

A smart man, as a space marine throwing his bolter at the enemy should actually do more damage than shooting the bolter.

Bolters eventually run out of ammo.

>high explosive rounds that detonate inside their target should do less damage than chucking a gun at someone's face
u wot m80?

/thread

What kind of man brings a bolter-sword to a what is clearly a flamer-sword fight?

An Angry man

What kind of man attaches a gun to a melee weapon?

The kind who doesn't wear pussy armor so he can get into range.

What sick man sends babies to fight me?

What kind of man brings a sword to a psychic power fight?

Atta' girl

The custodes fluff is so cringe inducing :(

Why did 7E end with Traitor Legions giving my Thousand Sons the ability to be the psyker madhouse I always wanted, then 8E takes all Psykers' toys away?
Why does GW hate me?
What do I do with this shiny new Ahriman model now?

Apparently 1ks has their Codex imminent, and they're getting an expanded psychic discipline plus the Codex powers.

You had a psyker powerhouse by 7e's rules, but it was a powerhouse in a shitheap of a system. Hopefully they can grant you a satisfactory amount of psychic shenanigans again in 8e, with more balanced rules to boot.

All I know is what the Index gave TS, and it was pretty much nothing. Ahriman is a vanilla sorcerer and Magnus is a bit shittier of a psyker than Kairos. Rubrics are decent under the new rules, and vanilla sorcerers arnt *bad* per se. Just the special characters got dicked on.

Gun-with-a-Sword is the superior design, with aesthetics to match. It can use both of its primary attacks effectively, whereas the Sword-with-a-Gun cannot both swing and shoot with expected accuracy; it would have to sacrifice one for the other. The Gun-with-a-Sword can both fire and swing without sacrificing the integrity of either strategy. The only real advantage I can think of for the Sword-with-a-Gun is its thinner frame and presumed mobility, but I could easily imagine the Gun-with-a-Sword trumping that advantage with its all-around stronger defensive and offensive capabilities.

This, as well as 'a man wearing armour proof against bolter fire'.

That's what genestealers DO, user.

The sort of man who needs to shoot WHILE they stab.

>
>>high explosive rounds that detonate inside their target should do less damage than chucking a gun at someone's face
>u wot m80?
A quirk of the Inquisitor rules back in the day. Guns did variable damage, but strength bonuses were fixed. The rules were balanced for humans, but Space Marines were at the levels fluff said they were. At close range, their fists did more damage than their guns. THROWING the gun did even more damage, out to ludicrous ranges due to their insane strength bonuses.
Imagine a man strong enough to wield a bolter, and tear through lightly-armoured vehicles with his bare hands. Put him in power armour to boost that strength. He can now throw his bolter hard enough to smash that 50lb+ weapon clean through your skull. And he's good enough with ranged weapons to HIT you with that at something like 50 yards, hard enough to splatter you.

Space Marines are absurdly powerful.

that shield is making me erect

So it's like Herakles and the Amazons then

I love this image but it reminds me of that fantastic reveal trailer to an awful sequel.