Order of the Stick 1091

Ready to Go

Still on the boat, but maybe in the next strip they get off it?

Thog.

this was a cool strip. I like to know that they're prepared, rested and ready to fight. Unlike the fight with Elan's dad. Bring it Durkon.
Do you think good Durkon will break free of evil Durkons grasp at exactly the most inopportune moment as to make the order spare him?

So, looks like V is either 16th or 17th level, unless s/he's got an INT of 26, and I don't think it's quite that high. Have we seen any 9th level spells yet?

Not break free, but Durkula might use real Durkon as a decoy/hostage to stop Roy chopping him in half.

Very nice. Notice the subtle Haley bashing. And the tasteful diagonal words.

Let's see Paul Allen's thog.

check out these numbers breh

> only twenty minutes

If he was to break free, he'd probably still act like Evil Durkon, just to make them slay him.
It'd be an honourable redeath, and either way it would fuck up Hel's plans.

Ever tried to eat a whole bulb of garlic?

It's not a fun experience

It looks like Belkar is going to shine again.

I thought living beings couldn't survive inside a Bag of Holding?

>If living creatures are placed within the bag, they can survive for up to 10 minutes, after which time they suffocate.
As a DM, I'd say that as a Tiny creature he can stay in there at least four times as long. I don't think Rich gives a shit either way.

Square-cube law. Or better yet, just go by body mass. If a 200-lb person can survive for 10 minutes, a 2-lb lizard (I actually don't recognize that thing. When did Belkar get it?) can survive for 100 times that.

When they got attacked by Tarquin's army, Belkar uses his Animal Empathy to befriend one of the dinosaur mounts. He gets shrunk in the ensuing fracas with the high level Vector Guild guys.

Man, I do *not* remember that fight except for the airship showing up and Tarquin raging in the last couple panels.

Tarquin and friends show up right after they deal with the elemental Redcloak had summoned. He gets Elan and Haley to come out of the crater, figures what happened and says he probably would've done the same, offers assistance so they can defeat this 'minor villain' 'Zyklon'. Elan tells him no, then Nale just ups and says he killed Malack. Doesn't want any special treatment from Daddy, so Tarquin gives him what he wants. This pisses Elan off even more. Moreso when Tarquin orders his army to kill the Order because Elan'll just find identical strangers, but Elan'll be the leader. Figurative birds are flipped, the Dinosaur Brigade is brought in, and one of them is the allosaur Belkar had freed to cause havoc during the gladiator games. He tames it and they start riding around on it, kill a shitload of mooks, and then Tarquin and his two comrades get on a triceratops and start charging through portals. Vaarsuvius suggests they let them keep doing so, eventually they get caught and the allosaur is baleful polymorphed into a lizard. Vaarsuvius takes out the triceratops while everyone else focuses on the mage, triggering his contingencies. Then the airship shows up. The order boards, but Tarquin and the psion do as well. Psion is goaded into overspending (and has been the entire time), teleports out when she's reminded of this fact. Tarquin's in full rage mode, breaks Haley's arms because he can, still convinced he's the main villain, etc. Gets knocked over the railing, catches the railing, gets shot at, catches the arrow, gets shot at AGAIN, catches the OTHER arrow as well in the other hand, manages to still grab hold before falling down, tries to plead to Elan's better nature because he's 'the Good Twin'. Fails because "I'm not a twin anymore."

"THIS IS A TERRIBLE ENDING!"

Ive been reading this strip since 2007 and Im FED UP WITH THIS RATRDED ARC!! I WANT XYKONN THE OHNLY CHART I CARE ABOYUT

have a thog

They're going to use Mind Blank to free the real Durkon's soul from evil influence. Calling it now.

>can prepare Mind Blank twice
So we finally have a clue for V's exact level.

I can't wait for Cell Saga to end already.

V being 16th level seems in line with what people have speculated in the past.

Going off Rich's setting, it's likely that the Order are the only adventurers in the world in any position to actually stop both Xykon and deal with the snarl situation.

I binged this a couple weeks ago and I've been following it ever since. How painful is it going to be to follow this thing as it updates?

I haven't checked in on this strip in years and they're still on the damn boat. It will be extremely painful.

Not bad, it recently has resumed updating around biweekly.

We're in a surprising period of rapid updates, but who knows how long that'll last.

For you.

>fortunately, it is spells, and I cast

Does his death currently not count as honorable?

I thought the whole Durkon is unbanished might mean that and would play out in some manner that would involve the vampire losing access to Durkon's knowledge.

I made you guys a new one.

>Ecticity typo
>Johntron Vaarsuvius

Nice catch

Good as that is, I'm guessing that's not going to do much probably if and when those three fiends choose to uproot V's soul from out of his body again.

>I'm pretty sure that noise means "Deus Ex"

This

Bloodfeast's bag of holding is a pouch full of "resolve the plot"-juice.

This edit must be the work of an enemy [stand]!

>eneme Stand
Hahah! Wasn't expecting that one at all. Well Thogged.

They're in a small category, at least, but a few more powerful guys exist at least - I mean there's all the High Priests and the Vector Guild, a couple of the Paladins, V's mentor...

It's the snarl that means they're THE guys who have to deal with it all though, because of Redcloak's plan

I'm getting bored of the whole vampire thing. It was really cool back in the conclave, but they've been in the fucking airship for so many panels now.

The only cool thing at the moment is Durkon subtly controlling Durkula's actions.

>getting an x from the kerning in OOTS's font failing to separate s and c in "eviscerating"

Neat

>workl of an enemy [stand]
my sides are gone, offering a reward if found again

ugh can someone tell me which strip I stopped reading on?

Think they had just gotten on a ship and the dwarf was a vampire. Feels like 2 years ago-ish.

Biweeky as in twice every week or once every other week?

Either way, I stopped reading this comic almost a decade ago now and the plot has barely progressed since.

946?