Minotaurs

How do you like your Minotaurs, Veeky Forums?

-Do you like them intelligent or barbaric?
-Should they reproduce through rape, naturally, or both?
-If you have them as brutes, how do you separate them from other brutes?
-Do you do anything interesting with their 'labyrinth' trope?

Maybe most importantly:
-Feet or Hooves? Which do you think looks better and why?
-If you have FEMALE Minotaurs, should they have both udders and human breasts or just human breasts?

Bumpin' cause I can't believe no one wants to talk about Minotaurs!

I like 'em as terrifying, savage, subsentient monstrosities that reproduce through unknown (but rumored) means.

I personally prefer hooves because it adds more to the design.

Haven't done anything interesting with labyrinths yet, but I just might.

I prefer them to be aberrations desu.
Like in the myths I like them to be a rare creature born by supernatural.
So I suppose they'd be sterile.

Forgot to mention I like them to have a basic animal intelligence but be a special sort of retard when it comes to sense of direction/easily turned around.
If they aren't dumb I prefer to make them retain their intelligence but be powerless to stop their new beast nature ;_;

- Human-intellegence, although wild-ish brute minotaurs are good too.
- Hooved minotaurs because I don't dig the "human body parts with animal head" look.
- Boros Reckoner from mtg is what I like to imagine minotaurs if I was in charge of a campaign. Smart, powerful, good at handling military duties. Most of all, they're typically even-tempered till someone messes with one of their own.

Minotaurs aren't just brutes, they're cunning brutes. They can track your party anywhere and their lairs are actual labyrinths with dozens of short cuts and alternate routes, many of which have traps. Play them like you would the antagonist of a slasher flick. They play mind games with the party, get them nervous and irrational. As soon as weakness is exposed, they pounce, and unlike other ambush monsters, they can actually go toe to toe with the party in a straight up fight should they need to.

Fucking radical. I'm stealing this.

Forget that shit I just said, I'm using

Intelligent generally, as much as one can be when being taught by nomadic sea bound raiders.
Naturally of course, they're a race unto them selves and need to be able to reproduce as such
Yes actually, they were evolved by an archdemon who wanted superior pathfinders so he forced them unto mazes until the could solve them perfectly
Hooves, otherwise they're just people with cow heads. Besides, hooves look cooler.

They build labyrinths the same way beavers build dams and trolls build bridges.

>Minotaurs as toned-down player character race
You sound like the kind of GM to have a friendly neighborhood minotaur running a tavern.

rape is natural though, unless its one of those insemination machines farms use

I'm okay with this.

With an equine cock.

I actually like MtG's interpretation of minotaurs as a species rather than a single specific race. I don't remember what block had the gazelle looking people but they were classed as minotaurs.

Then again I feel the same way about most beast races. Rather than have individual ones they all fall under the general category

>Minotaur
>ie. ''The Bull of Minos''

wtf are you suppose to call not!Minotaurs in your setting if the island of Minos doesn't exist there, nor the old greek world?

Werebulls?
Mancattle?
Horn 'n' hoof folk?

I'm trying to figure out what large hooved mammal race I want go use in my setting.

It's a toss up between minotaur/bovine people, horse men, and deer people.

Bovinekind

>Mancattle
That's actually a pretty good one. "Oxmen" could also work.

Or you could just keep the name. It's not like fantasy worlds had greek language or myths for Centaurs or Hydras either, but here we are.

>literally 95% of the monsters in D&D have names that mean things in real-world languages
>can't play D&D because you're only half finished creating the Common language

>How do you like your Minotaurs, Veeky Forums?
Pic related.

As long as there are females, or cute males whose horns you can cut off, then I can dig.

Utterdudes
Beefcakes
Steakmen
Not-So-Tender-Loins

Are they a race or just some monsters? Oxfolk if former, manbulls if latter.

Manotaurs

>Do you like them intelligent or barbaric?
Both. Either or.
>Should they reproduce through rape, naturally, or both?
Both. Either or.
>If you have them as brutes, how do you separate them from other brutes?
They're the biggest brutes.
>Do you do anything interesting with their 'labyrinth' trope?
Maybe a reference to david bowie or a religious myth of life being a maze.

>Feet or Hooves? Which do you think looks better and why?
Practically? Feet. Appearance-wise? hooves I guess.
>If you have FEMALE Minotaurs, should they have both udders and human breasts or just human breasts?
Just human tits.

>cute males
>getting rid of the handlebars
user, pls

>Not wanting to feminize your traps by removing the most prominent icon of their masculinity, signaling that from that moment on they are no longer "Brakel the Bloodletter" but rather your obedient little buttslut.

I enjoy them as intelligent, but highly warlike. They are generally too naturally aggressive to become more than wandering tribes, but everyone knows to fear minotaur war tactics.
They reproduce through both consensual sex and rape. For brides they practice consensual sex, but war prizes are raped.
Minotaur nobility always live in labyrinths, with bigger labyrinths showing greater status in minotaur society.

I like them in plate and uniform, studying a military map with their human allies

I once had a player wanting to play as a female minotaur who quickly swapped for a female goliath when he asked if the minotaur would have big tits and I told him it's a cow so it would have udders.

>and trolls build bridges
Wait
Hold up
That makes perfect sense, of course! While otherwise brutish they build elaborate bridges as lairs, to extract toll from passerby and to attract mates.

Bumping with how I've been doing Minotaurs:

Minotaurs are an awfully rude, impulsive, and not necessarily brutish, but an inconsiderate monstrous sort of people. When they're allowed to exist in a vacuum with their own people; it doesn't take them long to restrict and organize themselves into a strict caste system with the strongest and holiest bulls at the top, but under that kind of anxiety their analytic obsessive minds set forth to build and sustain their own nations- they're the face of lawful evil.
Minotaurs, though, outside of their own society often devolve into barbarism: individually they're very large, powerful humanoids who crave meat and strongly prefer to raiding or hunting for a living(detesting farm work), and will always opt out to 'bull'y anyone weaker than themselves to do things for them. That said, even lone Minotaurs have a natural analytic mind and anything they do make themselves will usually be of good quality.
The flesh of cattle is not kosher for Minotaurs, they will eat other people before they eat bovines.

Female Minotaurs exist and are just as common as males, but are typically very oppressed by their male counterparts. While still quite physically powerful, females usually possess quite large breasts as well as udders; making their bodies typically ill-suited for physical activity and this in turn restricts them to a very low social status. Females are typically farmers, do clerical work, or become priestesses- Female Minotaurs in their own civilizations occupy a very vicious 'glass ceiling' type of environment, as they are oft quite well-read and educated, but lack the social equity to advance their lot in life.

Fairly intelligent, but with the rage of Mike Tyson at a press conference after doing 6 pinky sized lines of cocaine.

In current game:
>Do you like them intelligent or barbaric?
Both intelligent and barbaric, will lay traps and wield magic but mostly to smash your skull in.
>Should they reproduce through rape, naturally, or both?
They are spawned, as long as there is plenty of them in a ruin, dungeon or labyrinth, more appear from somewhere
>If you have them as brutes, how do you separate them from other brutes?
They are more cunning than other monstrous humanoids, but still driven by rage.
>Do you do anything interesting with their 'labyrinth' trope?
See reproduction. They navigate well through mazes and a group of minotaurs in a labyrinth is like an infestation that's really hard to get rid of.
>Feet, hooves, breasts
Hooves for aesthetics, no females for simplicity.

> Taurens

taurens are bisons m8

>Not wanting to feminize your traps by removing the most prominent icon of their masculinity
You know lots of cows have horns, right

Of course you don't, because you grew up in a city and you don't know anything about cattle.

What would happen if those three forces of nature collaborate?

You know how 5E gnolls are kind of like a cross between Warhammer Beastmen and the Reavers from Firefly?

I have an entire order of critters like that. Gnolls, minotaurs, and centaurs all hail from it.

>walking in middle of the night
>suddenly big red eyes and fuming stuff dart from the darkness
>"Ho there, people. It's not safe to go out in the middle of the night without a light"
>lights a torch
>it's Ol' Smokey the Friendly Minotaur
>"Now be safe out there folks, lots of bad stuff going 'round here"
>gives you the torch, heads back to the tavern hauling a large barrel

I think Minotaurs shouldn't be a race itself, they should be individual beings either cursed transformed by other means. Making x mythological creature into an entire race strips the mysticism of them.

THE GAYEST
JOCKSTRAPS
HOT LEATHER
CHAINS
SWEAT
MASSIVE HORSECOCK
MUSK
BAAAAAAAARRRRRRRAAAAAAA
NIPPLE PIERCINGS
TONED MAN ASS
DIRTY
BLOOD COVERED
PROSTATE BASHING
MUSCLE BUILDING

EVVVVVEREEHEHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

i dont have minotaurs because as a race the are unimaginative and lame.

qualifies as intelligent, but barely
most live in a city not so different from detroit
there was a Paladin PC who wanted the power to imprison demons so they wouldn't just go back to the demon king when he killed them, so he contracted with the one smart minotaur to enchant his sword with the power to Maze all evil it strikes
Demons fear Alexander and his Mazeblade

The drow slaver matriarch doesn't though
She made that paladin her bitch