Jumpchain CYOA Thread #1676: SAVE the World Edition

>Google Drive
drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B1qb0_OLhDrDSmZpRWdZaGZRcWs?tid=0B20r6rsFLOg_Zk5RdVdya3hJNnc&authuser=0

>Jumpchain IRC Chat
client00.chat.mibbit.com/?server=rizon.mibbit.org&channel=#JumpchainCYOA
kiwiirc.com/client/irc.rizon.net/?#JumpchainCYOA

>Rules
pastebin.com/Gqj3iKyn

>How to Jumpchain
drive.google.com/file/d/0B1qb0_OLhDrDNjZmRG02SDFaRVk/view

>Last Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/454MMUS
youtube.com/watch?v=o1cXYan0NQA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What are the best jumps for using insane OOC powers to force tomboys to wear dresses?

How do these perks look?

Playful: Free/ 400 (Discounted for An Addams!)

How do you do it? It seems, as long as you don't intend to kill someone, you won't! And oddly enough, if you pay up, you can keep that ability even while separated from this obnoxious family.

Played With: Free/ 500 (Discounted for An Average Man)

Incredible! That you could live through so much..... It seems that you are incredibly lucky, and while you may receive a scare every once in a while, you will never receive any serious injury from simple misfortune, or anything meant in good fun! For a pittance, this will apply outside of this sickening family.

Disembodied: 200 (Free and Required for Some-Thing)

Gah! Get away from me! I don't know why, or how, you suddenly became a severed hand, but I have the oddest feeling, if any part of your body is severed after this jump, you'll still be able to control it. You'll always be able to tell what's going on around the part. Somehow.

So have any of you actually ever chosen to stay in the Pokemon jump in one of your chains before?

>Black Butler
IIRC Val was working on this.

Looks good to me, user!

>staying in a jump

Plebeian.

Depends. I've done some writing for a pokemon jump, only to go back and retcon my build for it, so that version of me probably did stay in pokemon.

Or he could show up as a renegade at some point. Either or.

The Strongest Tomboy Strike already wears a dress though.

So there's a point in my current chain where the Jumper gets cut off from fiat access to external power sources. So stuff like most chi would still work, but most magic or the Force wouldn't.

So what I'm wondering is would his Inner World (backed with the Charm) from Infernals generate its own Essence or does it simply draw in Essence from the outside world? Would the world stop respiring Essence in the Underworld?

>So have any of you actually ever chosen to stay in the Pokemon jump in one of your chains before?
No because I want immortality

No. But I've returned right after.

Ew, no. Pokemon is one of the last worlds I'd want to stay in.

>Boosted Gear doesn't care what your base is. It simply doubles it each time.

Unless I'm completely mistaken, Boosted gear doubles your base by pulling in power from the Great Red. Which would imply that the upper limit of Boosted Gear is determined by how much power Great Red has to give you.

Which leaves me wondering - in the far distant future, would a Dragon overtake this ceiling? Because that seems somewhat inevitable, if really fucking difficult, unless you can train the Boosted Gear itself / Great Red such that they can generate more power. Which may or may not be possible.

Hollow Knight V0.7. Updated based on feedback from thread before last.

I don't think boosted gear has anything to do with great red, did you mean Ddraig? Because no, Issei has gotten way more power out of it than Ddraig had to offer.

It wouldn't really be a chain if you stayed in the 1st jump.

That being said, If I was being completely honest in my stories I'd more than likely stay in Pokemon rather than continue my chain.

So how do I go back in time and change some things while going back to my time and having the changes stick but not cause a parallel timeline to happen?

It doesn't even have any harem perks!

>discord
discord.gg/454MMUS

Doom has a device that does exactly that. Check if the perk-line in Marvel Magic that's based on him has something along those lines?

By using a method of time travel that doesn't cause branching or splitting?
Most stable time loop systems are out, since you want to change things, but something like Primer would work.

Fanwank it.

Oops, meant item-line.

>wanting to go back to the past
>not opening portals and flinging your foes into the future, where your evil is law

How does it feel to have objectively shit taste?

Where can a jumper find a convenient supply of dragon corpses?

You foolish imitator, hand over that illustrious weapon or face the wrath of the true AKU!

So is Naruto done?

With a Shepherd of Light from Solars let you gain worship benefits from your own First Circle Demons?

You already could do that. Cecelyne has examples of Charms that do that.

Skyrim, Dragon drawback.

What's the policy on bringing companions into the XCOM jump?

Which D&D jump is it that lets you choose your edition?

For now? IIRC

HAHAHA, FOOOOOOOL! If you were the REAL Aku, you would TAKE IT FROM ME! But you are too weak to do such a thing, aren't you, little imposter? How could a FAKE like you ever hope to challenge the TRUE DELIVERER OF DARKNESS, THE SHOGUN OF SORROW, AKU?!

No, ghosts are the only kind of spirit in Exalted that can pray to someone and give them Essence.

Ravenloft, Forgotten Realms has a drawback. Beyond that I'm not sure.

But demons have tons cults to the Yozis. In Compass: Malfeas there's a society of foresters that ritualistic offer their essence through blood to Szoreny in exchange for usually not being horribly murdered when harvesting wood from him, and a temple where Kimbery gives you more favor the closer you pray to her.

Sadly all he has is Time Circuitry which would make me immune to time shenanigans but no travel, well there is a bomb but it only goes for two seconds.

I am asking as I do not know of any that would or would not cause splitting. Also I have no idea what Primer you are speaking of.

Need a good base to fanwank something from.

Yeah demons pray to the Yozi, but the Yozi don't get anything out of it other than the satisfaction of bossing people around. That's why second circle demons bother gathering mortal cults in Hell, because they can't just force their first circle subjects to worship them.

Thanks.

There was talk of jumps for each of the human factions after it was announced that the current Imperium jump was going to be reworked and there is now a Deathwatch jump being made. . . Does this mean rather than a Space Marine jump ever happening we'll end up with jumps for some individual chapters?

Like a Space Wolves jump? A Salamanders jump? An Ultrasmurfs jump?

That's why I brought up the forester society in particular, Szoreny explicitly gets essence out of the arrangement.

I would never stay in a jump, I eather don't have enough power to help people with their problems, or I have freinds need the spark to see again.

Anybody have feedback for Hollow Knight?

That sounds going a bit too far.

>did you mean Ddraig?
Yep. Oops.
>Issei has gotten way more power out of it than Ddraig had to offer
Huh. Then I wonder where the power is coming from? Just a weird, shonen cosmic anomaly of infinte powah? Does this all mean that the Gear doesn't HAVE an upper limit?

Then that must be some specific Charm of Szoreny's around gathering Essence, because most other demons and Yozi can't do that.

Here's the next version of Haroun and the Sea of Stories. Wishwater is now relegated to a post-chain/Spark reward, and I promise that I intend to stick with that from now on. Please let me know what you think of the jump and its many wonders.

I doubt it. Space Marine Chapters might differ in a number of ways, but they are all more similar than not. Deathwatch is an exception because it is its' own RPG, but single-chapter jumps seem like a bit much.

At most I could see an argument for "Blood Ravens Jump" or "Blood Angels" jump.
Because of the existence of Dawn of War, and the original fluff behind Space Hulk respectively.

>Does this all mean that the Gear doesn't HAVE an upper limit?
It has an upper limit, the amount of power the user can handle without exploding.

Speedster shenanigans from the Arrowverse jump can pull this off. (There was that episode where Barry went back to see Thawne and accidentally made Hartley into an ally, among other things).

I was planning on an option in Deathwatch for being post-Deathwatch service, so that could potentially function as just being a regular marine, but I'm not sure if that's comprehensive enough.

I could tweak some things and make Deathwatch into the nominal Space Marines jump?

I mean in terms of the output the Gear can give, you're never going to reach a point where the gear itself is the bottleneck?

Yeah, I'd definitely consider it. I've loved Pokemon since I was a kid - well, mostly the anime, I admit - and there's so much to do and explore that I doubt 10 years will be enough.

I'm not sure I'd do it the first time since there's the old expectation you do it first and I'd be only starting my jumps, but I still might consider it even then.

Later, though, once I have more friends on the journey with me, I may very well use Return to go back to that world and, after ten more years, choose to stay there permanently with everyone.

No Space Wolves? The furries are the furthest from space marine norm and could potentially work as a jump on their own with how different they are.

I'd personally rather you didn't, the Deathwatch is definitely a distinct enough group to get their own jump.

Nope, the mechanics for the process say it's explicitly just the demon transfering their own lifeblood and prayer to him. Even then since Devil-Tigers are supposed to be new, improved Primordials inventing your own Charm for gaining prayer energy seems the bare minimum of what you can do.

Doesn't look like it.

Why would anyone want to be a Space Wolf? Sanctioned bestiality?

My point was that the Death Watch, the Blood Ravens, and the Blood Angels all have games that revolve around them, which is why the argument could be made for the later two.
Though a DoW jump should focus on more than just the Ravens, and Space Hulk has grown enough that it shouldn't pigeonhole you into being a Blood Angel.

Space Wolves have no game that revolves around them.
Hell you could even argue Ultramarines due to Space Marine, but not the Wolves.

I think a heretical Charm is probably a better place for that, since your Devil Tiger themes might not support prayer manipulation. Cecelyne already has a Charm that boosts your Essence income from prayer. Maybe combine it with a Metagaos Charm for eating things that you shouldn't be able to eat to get the effect of consuming prayers that normally do nothing.

How would the Warhammer 40k universe react to a massive magitech empire capable of turning entire planets into sentient magitech planets?

Reminder that sun and moon are officially open for jumps and the other settings are nominally open for jumps as per that wonderful user the other day getting the ok from qs.

Considering you're purchasing it with CP, probably not.

>TRUE DELIVERER OF DARKNESS, THE SHOGUN OF SORROW, AKU?!

Pfft I bet you aku cant even use the great deflowering finger technique.

Purging swiftly to follow

Wait what when did this happen?

Because wolves are cool, vikings are cool, and the Space Corgis tell the more retarded parts of the Imperium to fuck off.

>attempted purging.
That'll be a fun fight

Because they are Space Marines who are allowed to have fun, also wolves.

True but they do have plenty of good lore and are very distinct from the other chapters.

Like 2 days ago.

Stop being a plagiarist.

How grateful would the Mechanicus be if I suddenly came up and restored all the STC in there to its former glory?

Don't you dare, a full on deathwatch jump would be awesome!
youtube.com/watch?v=o1cXYan0NQA

It's the Imperium, so, not grateful at all you fucking heretic.

That easily sounds like it could be the plot of a chapter of Ranma 1/2.

Lrn 2 floof

Disregard these idiots A Guardsman squad found a single fucking STC blueprint, for a new kind of fucking knife, and every single guardsman was granted their own planet.

They would declare you a heretic.

WHEN'S ABYSSALS?

Plentiful Mouths is a really cool ability and I thank you for writing it. The Drop-In tree and how the capstone interacts with the others is also really neat.

Does Awakened Shadow give you another shadow if yours is already alive due to OCP? I'm curious if combining this with the Companion option from Peter Pan and the Shadowy Wash of Daylight power from Fallen London could let me have three shadows running around at once doing stuff.

About the Arabian Nights Plus One... it's difficult for me to envision this so I wanna make sure, even if this is a hella stupid question. The windows cause the mythical creatures they're patterned after to be painted in the sky away from the room when light shines through? Kinda like how the Bat Signal works?

How big would you say the boat is, anyway?

Is the Plug item for Chupwalas meant to be 400 instead of 600?

Lastly, thank you for adding that synopsis of the story and the world in the Notes section. I really appreciate that.

They found one, they didn't fuck around with STCs that were already found. Fiddling with those things in any way is extreme heresy.

Are you telling me that a person just comes in and fixes all of the STC's that the Imperium has and the Inquisition won't try to be so far up their ass that they'd loop around and then start looking at their colon?

The Imperium would likely think it's a new form of chaos and attack you. Even if they found out you weren't chaos, sentient magitech planets sounds too close to A.I for them so they'd still try to destroy you.

Chaos would likely try to corrupt you, but failing that they'd also attack you.

Orks will attack you regardless of what you do.

Since the Tyranids can't eat you they'll probably just ignore you for a while then attack you.

Necros would likely attempt to conquer you then reverse engineer your tech.

Dark Eldar would either ignore you or raid you for useful resources.

The only factions who might not be immediantly hostile are the Eldar and Tau, and even then the Eldar would attack you if they foresaw it benefiting them in any way.

Abyssalanon hasn't been on in like a year. You can probably pick up the WIP if you want.

Oh no, its totally A.I so they'd be right. The thing is all of these things are made out of an abominable synthesis of Uru, Adamantine, Adamantium, Vibranium, and Nth metal. All thinking being are capable of using Marvel and DC magic, while I myself am a Hell Lord with a Soulsword, and the Avatar of The Metal.

>Because wolves are cool
They're not so cool that you put them on everything and name everything after them and then turn into them.

So, Jumpers, tell me about your Devil-Tiger. Their themes, urges, caste marks and powers. And their living worlds and legions of demons.

The Spacewolf wolf marine wolves, with their wolfbolters and wolfswords!

My what? Is this some kind of sex thing?

The Space Wolves jump could have a drawback where everything is even more wolf saturated than normal. Literally everything is wolf themed and named wolf something.

I don't know what that is.

Look, if you'll to turn me into an immortal super soldier with power armor and fully auto grenade launchers, I'll call myself a goddamn Space Squirrel if that's what you want.

Also it's not always Wolf[everything], it just depends on the writer.

Don't forget their chainwolves and laswolves!

Last time I tried to, thread was derailed for 300-ish posts because of dickery and marriage beliefs.

No.

I don't have one. Mostly because I don't know anything about Exalted.

I won't lie, the entire reason for my disinterest is the stupid names.

Hi guys hate to ask this but I am having trouble deciding on whether to grab Yongpyo (Monkey King Armor) or True Form from GoH. I already bought Yeoui (Monkey King's Staff) so it isn't going to be 1000cp.

Please give me some advice on this, it is bugging me.

Unless the language consists entirely of various inflections of "wolf" I'm not sure how you can get more wolf-themed.