mega.nz/#F!ywcHkIAA!ycphEhCOkbnjOvAQ4t7TBg

>Pulp Cthulhu
mega.nz/#!L9EFWSIT!o6clZxfdrVSOLkmcQz3wQ2Af9-hKsUxKc7214VynuY4

> Delta Green
mega.nz/#F!wqpgUDyL!Yp2k2Jkw0KVJiT8DLnX2EQ

Other urls found in this thread:

reddit.com/r/NightAtTheOpera/comments/6s9u77/operation_spizzerinctum/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Got several openings this upcoming Saturday at our Delta Green open table, if anyone here wants a chance to play the game. Players of all experience levels welcome, etc etc.

reddit.com/r/NightAtTheOpera/comments/6s9u77/operation_spizzerinctum/

>On the evening of January 30th, 1968, a team of agents are sent to move a captured artifact through Hue in South Vietnam. Should be a milk run as Hue is not a very active area in the conflict.

>Impossible Landscapes

Tell me more?

According to the update from earlier today its 2/3 written

Sequel to Night Floors

Anybody have the latest crop of Patreon scenarios?

I wonder how often players try to fuck/get fucked by strange and impossible monster from beyond the unknown

Link?

I don't know about "try to" but uh

We had an agent who'd outlived the rest of his Working Group - he had something like 18 SAN left and the player was planning on retiring him. I decided to do a special "going away" scenario where he had a chance to prove himself and get promoted to case work rather than just going back to his day job. He was with the Bureau of Land Management, so the mission was to head out onto a plot of Federal land in the Nevada Desert and re-establish contact with a camp there which had basically been running on autopilot since the collapse of MJ-12.

Long story short it was a Deep One internment camp, stocked with the descendants of the prisoners from the COVENANT raids. The researchers back in the 1950s had tried to teach them "American values" so they had a little deep one church with a little eight armed Christ and played baseball every Saturday. Obviously not all was as it seemed, it was almost immediately clear that the inmates were planning something.

Long story short the agent in question ended up getting hauled through a portal at the bottom of the camp's manmade lake by an enormous greater deep one. He woke up naked on a tropical beach with no memory of how he got there, next to a similarly naked and very happy fish-woman.

Looking back I basically raped his character

I'd be up for that, my dude.

So join the discord son

One last bump to see us through the night

Don't tell nobody I posted it

>Banging the monstergirl
That man was truly living the dream

Planning on running Last things last and Music from a darkened room for a couple of guys I know online, any tips or tricks for those scenarios or being a Handler in general?

Sadly not enough of the other way around

This general is shit, I miss DGG

That is the only respite a mythos PC deserves. Fantastic job.

Thanks nigga

>This general which 404s after twenty posts is bad
>I much prefered this other general which also 404ed after twenty posts

Hey, DGG usually got past 100 posts.

When was the last time /ysg/ talked about anything besides Delta Green anyway?

This image always gives me a Sunless Sea vibe.

It was in an email update for KS backers.

If you have a direction you want the campaign to go in, Last Things Last is a great place to throw in hooks, foreshadowing, and teasers for stuff. It's also extremely straightforward and I've had groups finish it in anywhere from an hour and a half to four hours depending on how much your players roleplay with each other.

The main thing you want to do as a CoC/DG GM is get good at describing stuff, you can't really get your players with jump scares so if you want to spook them you gotta get them with atmosphere.

That cover reminds me of Mr Funny Shoes from Mimic.

What?

Yeah, /ysg/ is basically just DGG with a new name.

Truly this PC was a man who can truly be called a legend.

I want to run a CoC game, what's a good starter campaign for first timers?

I caved and bought the cardcover CoC rules. Where'd you guys recommend starting for a group of new players and keeper, one of the scenarios from the book or elsewhere?

How badly has it every gone wrong?

the quick start set is tailor made for beginners

The Haunting is the classic first time CoC scenario but there are probably tons of other ones in the OP links. I wouldn't really recommend starting a campaign first off. Run some one shots, don't be afraid to get your players used to how lethal the game is, the once you get more comfortable start looking into campaigns because most of the published CoC campaigns are pretty lengthy and require lots of prep.

Both of you should read this.

Honestly I think Last Things Last is simple to a fault. The only thing the players really have to worry about getting killed or even hurt by is the monster at the end and even then unless you're dealing with the most retarded group of D&D murderhobos they're probably not gonna have much issue. It's a good entry level scenario for getting players used to how DG works and setting up some future events but as far as "stuff going horribly wrong" you don't have much to worry about.

To add to this, the players obviously shouldn't know how little danger they're really in until the scenario is over but from the standpoint of a GM who has run a decent amount of official scenarios and player made scenarios for DG, LTL is piss easy.

This. Any moderately savvy group of players is going to know better than to let the wife out of the septic tank. The only way she can pose a threat is if your group is either totally new to RPGs, or if they're seriously committed to ignoring their better judgement for the sake of roleplaying characters who would be gullible enough to let her out.

It's one of those cases where you almost applaud the player who does the dumb thing, because that's where 90 percent of the interactivity in the scenario comes from.

Would Delta Green make a good base for Men in Black tracking and detaining Cryptids?

Thanks bud, will use this

What ever happened to that guy who was writing up that Yog-Sothothery space setting? Did he finish?

New Keeper here; Anyone here have any ideas of whether SAN-loss should be a thing for single-spell scrolls and old parchment?
Should it be treated as a really small tome?

What is the best DG scenario and why is it Night Floors?

As I understand it. Whenever the PC learns about about the mythos , either mythos score increase or learning a spell, San lose is reasonable. Azathoth and others is just a book of poems and it causes sanity loss.

It's either that or Convergence.

Night Floors is great but has basically zero choice or agency for the players. The only thing you can really do is wander around until the GM decides you eithrr find the way out or are lost forever. It's like Artifact Zero in that regard. The devs created a great scenario with atmosphere and mysteries, but there's no way for the players to meaningfully affect the ultimate outcome.

I mostly agree with . Night Floors is one of the best scenarios I've ever seen on paper but it's the kind of scenario that would almost work better as a short story than something interactive because as he said, most of it consists of the PCs wandering around until the GM decides it's time for something to happen.

That said, Impossible Landscapes is easily my most anticipated piece of mythos gaming material.

Which book is that in again?

Original old DG corebook

Hey, any of you have the published edition of the Masks of Nyarlathotep Companion? I have an older edition, 0.9 I think, and the update would be nice

I'm new to this Cthulhu stuff but my friends want me to run a campaign. Are there any Old Ones that are sealed in/or on the moon?

I seriously do hope they update The Convergence for the newer edition. It's honestly one of the best scenarios I've ever played.

The only time I can think of right now where things are on the moon in Lovecraft's work is in "the Dream-Quest of Unknown Kadath" where the moon is inhabited by toadlike moonbeasts and their humanlike slaves. In this story, Nyarlathotep visits the moon, but is also able to leave.

I'm not sure if there is anything like what you're looking for in the stories of other authors, but honestly I never really liked the way the mythos has been developed into a structured and well-defined pantheon. It seems to me that Lovecraft was trying evoke the idea that these gods and beings are almost entirely incomprehensible, and structuring and organizing it kind of weakens that for me.

Therefore I'd say that if you want some sort of scary being on the moon, just put it there. You don't need a Wikipedia seal of approval for every horror you throw at them. That being said, I think working on a smaller scale than "there's a scary god-being on the moon" might be more effective.

It would be cool but I think it's rooted too deep in the "official version" of DG's timeline to really justify, plus it's not like converting the old 6e rules to the new DG rules is difficult at all.

The Mi-go are also rumored to have bases on the moon.

Dear oh dear /ysg/
Don't you dare die on me!

Yep, I had two softhearted Agents elect to pull out Marlene. I nerfed her somewhat so they managed to take her down with only minor injuries. The RPG newbie was the one who wanted to pull her out, it made me happy to see their reactions.

Easily. Just run it as a Majestic 12 campaign, and turn up the horror on some of the cryptids. Don't really expect Bigfoot or Chessie to kill an entire party armed with SMGs and shit, but you can probably fuck with the players if you're capable of thinking laterally and play the monsters as more than beasts.

Focus on the people seeing the monsters in particular if you want to play up the Men In Black angle, and give the players some hallucinogens to help facilitate coverups.

You can play old scenarios with the new rules. There are stats in the Handler's book for Migo under the new system.

Yeah that's what I said, converting CoC 6e to DG takes hardly any work at all.

But you don't even have to convert. The rules for protomatter and the fungus from yuggoth and the grays are all right there.

Alternatively, you could do what I've been doing with my group and having the Program take the MJ12 role in all the old scenarios, with the Cowboys as a marauding band of terrorists who always seems to be one step ahead of the players

>preorder the hardcover edition of DG The Roleplaying Game on Backerkit like a year ago
>move to a new place
>get an email saying the full edition has finally been released
>check backerkit
>there's no field to change the address
>heading off to college in a week
>mfw some random dude gets my DG book instead of me
Also would you guys mind looking over a scenario I thought up? I think the basic premise is cool but need help fleshing it out so it actually has interesting gameplay.

Just post it man, we need content.

That thing is prey animal.

blessings of the dark gods upon thee user. now, this is 555 pages, what is in there exactly if I may ask?

It's the raw manuscript of Delta Green:The Roleplaying Game from what I can tell
Besides the rule stuff and such there is a metric fuckload of backstory and lore which is very cool for someone who came into DG late.

>for someone who came into DG late.

which is me, and I am happy beyond human comprehention that you posted it

too bad 555 pages is a bit too much for me to print it. still, grateful.

Wasn't me that posted it, I just read through the entire thing when it was posted a week or so ago

thanx for reading through it then. after a quick look I can assume it works just like a rulebook yes? I can use to make characters and play a game?

You can post it but don't expect any replies. This general is pretty much dead.

Read the file name