Warhammer 40000 general /40kg/

40kek space army men discussion only edition.

GW getting desperate sub edition

>Necromunda is coming back with new minis and stuff
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/breaking-news-necromunda-returnsgw-homepage-post-1/

>Konor Campaign: Chaos keeps losing despite efforts...
konor.warhammer40000.com/

>Check your local store's contribution to the Campaign.
warhammer40000.com/fate-konor-galaxy-flames/

>GW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/23/updated-faqs-and-boots-on-the-groundgw-homepage-post-2/
>FW FAQ (1.1):
warhammer-community.com/2017/07/15/new-and-updated-forge-world-faqs-july16gw-homepage-post-2/
>Codex: Space Marines FAQ
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/10/codex-space-marines-errata-now-available/
>Codex: Chaos Space Marine supplement for Daemons, Thousand Sons and Death Guard players
warhammer-community.com/2017/08/13/daemons-and-thousand-sons-in-codex-chaos-space-marines-aug-13gw-homepage-post-2/

>Rules and such. Use Readium on pc/iphone, lithium/kobo on android:
>Everything 8th edition in pdf & epub, SW:A, WIP and BB are here too, no novels.
mega.nz/#F!64wmnBZR!rWcm37EkOOeToeueqhPjpA

>Other Megas
mega.nz/#F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyCg
mega.nz/#F!9NchGZyZ!-V1LhJALxDp9Tw97WzEQGA
mega.nz/#F!pFgm0RKR!J06C1gVYcjzNGsF8YNLsjQ

>WIP Math-hammer doc (Chart-user doing Chaos' work)
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1h0hk_IdJ7fivDEjMiIpKM5yMMB8HTm64lZHuKdLZCIU/edit?usp=sharing

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

first for is Black Legion in the mega or not?

gw begging for people to help chaos

Why don't find out for me man. I doubt it is

What's the most efficient way to spam characters for alpha legion?

steel legion best legion

>implying they won't just have tallyman fudge the numbers

Can I post a shadow specter list

Reposting for Bray'Arth user
My sister actually runs Brayarth, a relic contemptor, a venerable chaplain, and a relic leviathan all with applicable melta, flamer and dread ccw weapons. So multi melta and in-built flamer on the fist for the contemptor. Dreadnought inferno cannon, dread ccw and in-built flamer on the chaplain. Cyclonic melta lance, two underslung flamers, and in-built melts on the claw.
Those fuckers hurt anything they fire at or get in combat with and are damn close to invincible. So I'd say two contemptors, relic or otherwise, should do great. Maybe grab some spare arms to magnetize for options should you run into something like conscript or boy spam. That techmarine will probably be worth his weight in gold when he puts your contemptors back into fighting shape too.
Pic related of leviathan

I suppose they didn't realise just how badly weighted their campaign was in favour of the Imperium

Didn't they have the victory posts pre-prepared like a month ago

DKOK are slightly cooler.

Alpha Legion

Serves them right for not thinking shit trough. No amount of propaganda is going to make Chaos win in what is a literal popularity contest against a faction that has more players than all the others combined.

If you have to ask, the answer is "no, fuck off, you should know better by now"

No FW allowed

Is there a Khorne version of that pic?

Would have been nice is DG had gotten their releases in time and it could have been Morty vs. Bobby G instead of Bobby just steamrolling everything.

>mfw that FW P2W meme
>mfw Shadow Spectres were literally pay to lose in the past editions

>Didn't they have the victory posts pre-prepared like a month ago
You realize even if this is the case it's possible to have a victory post prepared for each side and just post the one that's appropriate?

There's a version of that pic for practically every army. I don't have them all saved. I know there's one user with a folder that's got over 70 of them.

>implying chaos can win
I do realise that, but why bother if a miracle happens you can write it in real time

Would still have steamrolled since imperium gets points for painting and fighting itself, while being over 50% of the player base (Chaos less than 20%)

>Have nothing but loyalist releases before and during the first half of the campaign
>Surprised Chaos isn't putting in the effort and have to resort to promoting nothing but the losing side
Stop pretending GW, we all know you don't want Chaos to win anyway. Maybe that is why the results are so far from excitingly close.

Maybe they should try funny slogans to recruit more chaos players

>Join the Black Legion today !
>Once you go black, you never go back !

>Renegades at Pay 2 Lose
What about us, friendo?

They should've just counted points for tabletop victories, same faction not counting. That would've made it actually even and not a popularity contest.

ok

Yeah not really. Even if CSM won all their games, Imperium would almost certainly still be winning due to the way the campaign is structured.

I say this as a filthy Xenos player that's just been taking points randomly

They are the true faithful.

>BLACKED by abbadoodoo

Anyone got a good place for books? Looking for Titanicus.

>Imperium armies make up from than half the playerbase
>Primaris releases just in time to get points for purchasing and painting
>Space Marine codex available to help give Imperium players game victories
>Death Guard releases may begin week four of the six week Konor campaign

Not only that, but the Imperium has been wanked as the good guys since forever, did they really think they wouldn't have a massive player advantage?

Chaos Primaris/Primaris Chosen when?

>implying he isn't already

It's almost like they poorly planned this thing out !

it's hinted at in the book my man

>Even if CSM won all their games, Imperium would almost certainly still be winning due to the way the campaign is structured.
This. GW structured the campaign as a sales advertisement and motivation to paint, without taking into account any sense of balance.

A slightly better space marine codex uploaded.

Do not fplorget to deploy soul grinders during the Konor campaign!

Does this one have bookmarks though

whats better about it?

Fabius Bile is on it.

Ya know what fuck it everyone that has them post soul grinders. Soul grinders user I've yet to see yours either.

Well, what can I say, GW sure sucks at this.

Thoughts on the following list?

Iron Warriors Vanguard
>Chaos Lord - Combi-bolter, Chainsword
>Helbrute - Twin Lascannon, Missile Launcher

Night Lords Outrider Detachment
>Chaos Lord w/Jump Pack - Combi-plasma, Chainsword
>5x Raptors - 3x Plasma Pistol, 2x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword, Icon of Despair
>5x Raptors - 3x Plasma Pistol, 2x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword
>5x Raptors - 3x Plasma Pistol, 2x Bolt Pistol, 5x Chainsword
>3x Obliterators
>3x Obliterators

Alpha Legion Battalion
>Dark Apostle - Combi-bolter, Power Maul
>Sorcerer w/ Jump Pack - Force Stave, Combi-bolter
>Sorcerer w/ Jump Pack - Force Stave, Combi-bolter
>10x Cultists - Heavy Stubber

8 Total Command Points

Yes, bookmark. Sadly, GK/CSM didn't convert well.

I'm sorry for my shitty webcam, I'll take a better picture of my soul grinder and his huge cannon in the future.

>Death Guard releases may begin week four of the six week Konor campaign

DG is set for September
Week 6 starts August 31
First possible DG release is September 2nd. DG is literally at the ass end, in the best case, of the campaign they are supposed to play a big part in. Great "planning"

Units of 5 raptors are garbage. Also, why the fuck are your Oblits in the NL detachment? You're obviously a cheese faggot, so they should be in the AL detachment.

>penis cannon
ahh, the slaanesh grinder. a patrician choice

So we know that tsons is likely codex 5/6. Making at the least half of this years dexes power armour.
All spiky marine dexes out early.

So can we expect to see CSM/GK with bookmarks soon or will that take a while?

A Tyranid player supplied the cannon.
She wishes she hadn't.
I'm quite fond of it.

How many raptors should you run then? And what's a fluffy NL list in general?
(Not op of the list btw)

Why are 5 Raptors bad? If the goal is just to deep strike in and shoot plasma at stuff seems like the most efficient number. Probably better to go for 2 plasma guns over pistols though since that would get 5 plasma shots instead of 3.

I put the oblits in the NL detachment to benefit from the Lord's aura (figured they'd come in near enough him) and with the 24" range on the guns they have a fairly narrow band of benefiting from the AL tactic.

>Mortarion not released in time for his own campaign

Really? Iron Hands have official negative nancies now?

Is this small enough to hide behind a Tyrant Guard?
Sorry for the sideways, it looks fine on my computer.

>painting Custodes
>and im not painting them gold

the absolute madman

But the real question is will we have them in a reasonable time frame or are they years off for us?

Also what would you like to see "Primaritized" for CSM?

What color you doing them then?

That pose ...

>I'll cut you hombre

have you even read hh?

Excuse me captain, why aren't our brothers deploying within the transports to secure us the first game turn?

Second-guessing their Captain to ensure he's thought everything out, suggest possible alternatives, and make sure he's firm in his conviction and commitment to action. They're the general's proofreaders; they guys who state "The Codex Astartes does not support this action" before their commander cuts them off and corrects them that this strategy is, in fact, called STEEHL RHEIN.

>he doesn't know that putting a unit in a transport is still a deployment that counts towards total
jesus christ leandros get it together

Please tell me you just have long hair, before the virgins start reeing about trannies or some shit.

dark blue and silver. Although it still has gold regalia

Excuse me, user. Is that in an FAQ?

At msu, they die to shooting too easily before they get to CC and lack the numbers to do much in CC. 5 raptors with chainswords = 11 attacks in CC, 7.33 connect, 3.66 wounds vs T4, only one gets through at a 3+ save, 4.88 vs T3, 3 get through at a 5+ save. If its T5 and above, you might as well have never attacked.

Because the enemy lascannons will blow it up anyway, causing us to lose them either way.
And before you ask how I know he has lascannons, it's because he always brings fucking lascannons.

No he's an idiot.

Transports condense your drops.

I don't care about them fighting things? They're there to deliver effective plasma shots to whatever section I want and to take advantage of the multi-shooting stratagem?

Who is trying to get in combat with anything other than 'Zerks at this point?

What?
Oh yeah, it's just long hair, I don't have some kind of mental illness about my gender, I'm a guy, I have male parts, I just like having long hair.

Transports condense your deployment

You only get +1 to the first-turn roll now

Can blood angels assault marines still drop their jump packs and go into transports?

I just don't see how GK can be good in 8th except through Dreadknight spam.

Do you think we will ever get proper Noise Marines back?

Also unrelated, do other models/friendly models give a cover modifier in the new 40K?

>54882217
>you have to be a virgin to find mentally sick people disgusting
You wanted a (You) with that post user? Sorry, you'll need to try harder.

Would anyone get mad at me for running a contemptor with the claw looking CCW arm, his claws painted as burning hot powersword type blades as a chainfist?

I don't like the look of Contemptor chainfists, but how autistic do people get about "what you see is what you get?"

Apparently they still can, until the codex comes out.

Yep

>do other models/friendly models give a cover modifier in the new 40K?
No

>Titus will never get his own Primaris chapter

A unit of 5 raptors are just asking to get killed without nearly making back their points, especially with pistols. If you want the shots, you should go with plasma guns and combi-plasma because you double your shots for the cost of a single pistol. Otherwise, 5 raptors is just asking to get shot up at range and do nothing in melee.

As for the Oblits, the -1 hit forces your opponent to come to you, which you can use as bait if they want to put the hurt on them.

Even last edition, 7+ raptors were preferred if you wanted to get more than a single round of shooting done. As for a fluffy list, NL use just about anything. They have a lot of raptor cults because Raptors like causing havoc and fear, and so do night lords. However, all raptors all the time for Night Lords is a meme. I imagine them to be very troop heavy because they typically prefer to ambush and catch their opponent in a panic. I run mine using surprise tactics to bully my opponent, and honestly Raptors have always been my weakest link. Maybe I should just use more of them. Most of my list is Termies, CC troops, and plasma squads, which is how I ran them in 7th, too, though I also had a lot of AC teams back then, too.

Did you want Stormraven spam instead?

If all you want to do is deliver plasma, take 10 terminators and shit all over everything.

Cool beans thanks for the input kind space terrorist.

So no real reason to ever use any sort of tactics beyond an enormous blob of everything then.

Since the Space Marine codex didn't include anything that GW doesn't currently make models for (ex: Chaplain or Librarian on bike) does that mean the same is going to happen with all the other codices?

That would mean Orks won't get
>warboss with power klaw
>warboss on bike
>warboss in mega armour
>painboy on bike
>big mek on bike
>big mek with KFF

Which are all staples of many ork armies.

>faction you play
>how many people you've had sex with
1. Tau/marines 2. Somewhere between 40 to 50

Way more expensive and harder to fill out detachments to max command points.

Show please

Then the answer is that you have not nearly enough plasma to be effective. Take terminators with combi-plas instead, you can even double tap with bolter fire at the same time.

But captain on bike is still in, and GK got Chaplains despite those not having rules ever before and sure as hell not having a model. Also Razorback with Twin Assaultcannons is in the codex ...

GK codex broke the rules a little. Also there isn't an official "Captain on Bike" model but he still has an entry. And they can always make new models. Given that Forgeworld offers a Warboss on Bike I'd expect at least that option to stick around.

Why would they even release codexes that don't have all the shot in them though? I play DE so I won't have a horse in this race for a while. But it seems janky to have to refer to the "place holder" book when you bought a 50$ book for ALL your shit.

Is it.. Worth doing? You can take more than 10 right? And get more specials and weapon options, including LC?

That's a bit of an exaggeration, but 40k has never been especially tactics-heavy anyway